September 20, 2014 | 1742 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by satin828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was always skeptical of this perfume since it had a reputation of being a granny perfume. Strong scent, ugly bottle... but boy, was I wrong. This scent is gorgeous!!! No wonder it's a timeless classic. I absolutely love it! My only complaint is the plain ugly bottle but who cares when the stuff inside is so divine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Rhinnanon

I received my first bottle of Chanel #5 when I was 14 years old, from my older sister's boyfriend. I have loved it ever since and though that boyfriend is long gone I remember him for introducing me to this wonderful fragrance. Classy and classic!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 9:19:00 PM More reviews by indiangirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Absolutely love it! The scent is so unique and makes me feel so special every time I wear it. So sexy and husband loves it too! Nothing compares to #5

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2006 10:25:00 PM More reviews by know_everything89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm well aware of the "Grandma" reputation this perfume has, but I have to say, I'd never actually smelled it until I got it for Christmas. I fell in love with the powdery scent but didn't know how it would work with me. It doesn't smell stellar, but it's sweet, and and feminine, and I probably won't wear it much because I have other perfumes I love, but it will be worn. I just have to add, the smell fades so quickly on me! My all time favorite perfume/cologne is Burberry Weekend for Men, and because it's for men (or maybe just because it's Burberry, my other Burberrys are fairly strong too) it's a little stronger, and it lasts. Wheras this perfume fades quickly unless I put tons on. And if I put tons on it smells bad for, like, an hour but then it mellows out and is nice. EDIT: I feel really stupid because I never knew about the cotton ball trick, but if you soak a cotton ball in this perfume and stick it in your bra it lasts forever and smells so much better. I'm sure the rest of the world already knew about this, but it's the only way I can wear this for more than half an hour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't think any perfume is old lady and would never use those words as descriptors. I have loved No.5 Cologne since the sixth grade. It surrounds me in a cloud of serenity and well being.Pure parfum is unremarkable on my skin. EdP, is thick, linear and annoys me when I wear it.. Vintage cologne is heavenly but so hard to find. Vintage (from the 1970s and earlier) EdT is DEAD sexy. Thankfully, I still have my 1970's refillable bottle. Clean and sexy is how my husband describes it. After 35 years of knowing and loving this fragrance I am absolutely certain that if you love No.5 and can't wear it, try a different formulation. If the fragrances don't work, try the bath and body line. I assure you, there is a No.5 for everyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 1:21:00 PM More reviews by ontheborder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Classic. And you don't even need to get a thesaurus and write a "treatise" to say so.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2006 11:08:00 AM More reviews by williams_dd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugh, I don't understand the previous few reviews who call this a "funeral home" scent. This is such a beautiful perfume, & for some unknown reason, it gets a bad rep for smelling like "old lady". Granted, it's not a perfume for somebody who likes to smell light, or fruity - it's not an in your face scent, it's subtle & heavy & that's why I love it. Classic, clean, deep and sexy - I love the way I feel when i put this on & I love not smelling like every other young woman my age. I will continue to buy this for years to come.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2006 3:49:00 AM More reviews by wally7062

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Blegh. I have never been in a funeral home, but if I had, I can imagine it would have smelled like THIS. No joke. I agree with the below posters who wanted to love it because, after all, it's Chanel No. 5! How completely classy would it be to wear it? But alas, it smells like dead people. Sorry! Not for me. Maybe in fifty years.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2006 3:45:00 AM More reviews by vain_emily

I dearly wanted to like this. Wouldn't it be great if I could say "Oh yes, I wear Chanel No. 5"?

But alas, it smells kind of old lady, generic. I would never wear it, I don't want to smell like in thta gross floral funeral-homey kind of way. Although, and I don't want to sound dumb here but, I would (and did) buy the full 3.4 oz bottle just to have it on my dresser. It looks so sophisticated there, realand if anyone asks, I can at least pretend like I occassionally wear it. It's too bad though, I really had high hopes for this one. Perhaps it was relevant a long time ago and for a different type of woman of a different age, but I couldn't see any under the age of 70 wearing this today.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2006 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Tartini

Too harsh to my nose (must be the aldehydes). Also smells too mature for me (I'm in my early 20s). Such a classic scent, and it must work on some, but to me, it's a chemical mess...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No