Chanel No.5

3.5

on 3/8/2007 10:39:00 PM

I am not quite sure what the big fuss is over Chanel No. 5. Like many other reviewers, I hate old-lady fragrances. This reeks of circa 1927. I totally adore Coco Mademoiselle or Chance over this "classic" fragrance. Save your money and buy another scent from the Chanel line, or better yet- from a different line.

Classic sophisticated scent. Scent is subjective, so it's hard to review. Long-lasting. Definitely not a girlish or sweet fragrance. Reminds me of Audrey Hepburn for reasons unknown to me.

I hate old lady scents. And this is one of them, BUT... I must say that this fragrance smells lovely on my friend. I think people either love Chanel No. 5 or hate it. I don't like it on me at all, it smells too much like powder. And I hate the smell of powder. I'll stick with my Creed fragrances which I absolutely love!

on 2/26/2007 5:48:00 PM

Got this as a sample from sephora...yuck! IMO, it was just so overpowering...maybe this is more of a generational scent?

on 2/23/2007 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is truly one of the best fragrances of all time. I am a vintage-obessed girl who adores anything from the classic eras of the 1920's through the 1950's. I adore the classic bottle, and of course all the history that goes behind the fragrance. I feel just like Marilyn Monroe whenever I wear it. : )
I used to wear Love's Baby Soft perfume in middle school, and now I feel i'm wearing a much more grown-up version of the classic baby powder sent! I love it!

on 2/19/2007 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my winter scent and I love it. It drives my man wild. I adore Chanel products. I wish I had the money to soak in a vat of the Chanel #5 lotion.

An old French product that never goes out of style. Beautiful, classic and oh la la...
Coco Chanel was truly an artist.

Five things you should know about Chanel No5:
1) personally, i believe this scent is best suited for the wintertime. it is a rather heavy, elegant perfume and should be worn with heavy, elegant clothing (coats, furs, sweaters, scarves,etc). springtime, i think you should use a perfume that's lighter/more flowery
2) personally, i believe this is a nighttime perfume.
3) for all those who complain that the perfume is "too heavy" and that it gives them a headache, i think you might be using too much. this is a very strong perfume. a little will go a long way.
4) this is a city girl's perfume. that is, i can't imagine someone in miami in a bikini wearing this scent.
5) classic. when i was a little girl, i was a sorta tomboy who thought fashion was the lamest thing ever. i never took showers, wore my dad's baggy tshirt, and my jeans had holes in the butt. yeah, i was a disaster. but even back then, whenever i'd hug my mom, i'd smell her chanel no5 and think to myself, "this is what it must smell like to be a woman." this perfume is so elegant and conjures images of a powerful, confident woman. but more importantly, this perfume has got so much history. personal and cultural history. ah...brings back so many great memories

on 2/16/2007 9:58:00 AM

This is a fantastic scent. As a total perfume junkie, I have tons of stuff, but this is one I always come back to. My grandmother, my mom and I all wore it on our wedding day(s), so it holds many memories. Can be too strong if one uses too much, but it's still great. A bottle will last me a very long time. A gal should try this at least once in her life, regardless of preconcieved notions. It's such a classy and classic scent!

on 2/11/2007 12:49:00 AM

Va-va-va-voom! I gravitate towards smoky, exotic, gourmand type scents, so it was such a surprise to be absolutely DELIGHTED upon sniffing this for the first time. This bombshell-esque floral is nothing short of mythic, an icon in its own right. With this scent I am reminded of Paris in the springtime, Champagne, pink roses, diamonds, and being in love, being young, and being beautiful. Not bad for an old gal in her eighties, huh?

Popular Fragrances