August 20, 2014 | 1906 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2006 1:58:00 AM More reviews by welovecats

I hate to say it, but this did nothing for me!

I was really excited, followed the recipes and tried to stick with it, but nope. It didn't make my skin worse, it just didn't make it better either.

Go ahead and try it, but don't get you're expectations too high or you might end up like me -- disappointed!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2006 2:09:00 PM More reviews by aivee

Gosh! This amazed me because it works. Little by little, but it does work. I didn't even use the apple cider vinegar, but the fermented vinegar that I bought from a Filipino store... Hey, it works! EDIT: After using it for a week, it dried my skin. I will not use it again other than for food.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2006 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Jenn777

I have been using Bragg's ACV for 3-4 months, and it has done wondrous things for my combo complection. I look like I have roses in my cheeks all the time, and my PMS breakouts no longer happen. My friends comment on my glowing skin (I'm 33, olive complected, but I work long crazy hours in heavy industry and travel a lot. Not the best recipe for healthy skin.)I also believe it has faded my sun damage spots (especially near my hairline and on the apples of my cheeks.) I use it straight, on a cotton ball, and I have never refrigerated the stuff. The mother-of-vinegar strands in the bottom are kinda gruesome to see, but because that is the most biologically active parts I just slop it all on the the cotton and wipe away. I use it on my chest, also, to stop breakouts and fade sun damage. Don't use this near or on your lips, and avoid your eye area. Skip a day here and there if you start feeling overly dry (especially around the lips or eyes.) Otherwise, I can't say enough about this dirt-cheap, easy to find product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2006 12:38:00 AM More reviews by bellabambina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great for reducing oiliness, shrinking breakouts, and generally clarifying and brightening the skin. My skin afterwards looks normal, not red or blotchy. The smell is gross but I don't care!! If you have oily, acne prone skin you must try this. I mix it with clay powder and use it as a mask. The best part? It's cheap! I love cheap, effective skincare!! Yay!!
p.s. I have read a lot of reviews lately discouraging using this on the face. I really don't understand this. I have some of the most sensitive skin around but have no problems using this as a mask. Skin has an acidic pH so the fact that this is acetic acid is not a problem!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2006 9:37:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I used this several times on my face - not the Bragg's but Heinz brand. I do think it has a positive effect on fading red marks and clearing pores, but the awful smell was a dealbreaker for me. I used it full strength, but be careful because that may be too strong for some.

I continue to use it as a clarifying treatment for the hair. You mix 1/8 cup in 1 cup of water and rinse with it. I then shampoo my hair afterwards to get rid of any smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2006 11:20:00 AM More reviews by fattie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal skin in great condition, and I used this for about a month. I don't think it does anything to my skin really. I tried to drink this, no, can't take it. I never believe in any type of toner, guess this is true for Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. For some of you who have problems with breakout, it might help, but for me, no effect what so ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by mona_mua

i use the mixture with concentrated greentea, tea tree oil, lavendar, and ACV. i am absolutely thrilled with the results. this toner not only calms my easily irritated skin but has smoothed it out. it's controlled my breakouts without turning my face bright tomato red. it's a pain in the butt to have to go to my fridge every morning and night (i'm lazy) to echo many voices, the smell is just awful... like stinky, smelly feet of a prepubescent boy running around on a hot summer day in tight tennis shoes but my nose has become somewhat used to the stench. oh and please dilute it and refridgerate it people! i'd think leaving it in a bathroom would make it rot. (no perservatives)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2006 5:43:00 PM More reviews by scentsible

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A word about adding Vitamin C.
You are wasting your money by adding it to the toner.
Vitamin C is very sensitve to oxidation etc. If you really want to add the C
powder do add it to a tiny amount of toner that you will immediately use. Cosmetic
companies use a special form of C and any products you do see are usually kept
well capped, and in dark glass bottles.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2006 5:37:00 PM More reviews by scentsible

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For safety purposes, anyone using this toner should be aware that it must be
refrigerated as it does not have any preservatives in it. Distilled water is a must.
I would use Dickinson's Witchhazel as it has 14 percent alcohol. Dickinson's
is now making a witch hazel with lemon, grapefruit and aloe that is just great
and all the oils have been solubilized. You are just asking for bugs by mixing
the vinegar, water and essential oils and not preserving or refrigerating the
mix. but remember if you cut the witchhazel you are also cutting the preservation system.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2006 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this on my face and hair. For both i dilute Braggs organic unpasteurised unfiltered apple cider vinegar that i purchase at whole foods and what a difference it makes. It clears up pimples in no time and it really brightens up my highlighted hair better than any thing else.

UPDATE:causes very dry skin if over used so now i use it once a month or there abouts

UPDATE:stopped using this as it is proving to be too harsh