July 23, 2014 | 1259 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2006 9:37:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I used this several times on my face - not the Bragg's but Heinz brand. I do think it has a positive effect on fading red marks and clearing pores, but the awful smell was a dealbreaker for me. I used it full strength, but be careful because that may be too strong for some.

I continue to use it as a clarifying treatment for the hair. You mix 1/8 cup in 1 cup of water and rinse with it. I then shampoo my hair afterwards to get rid of any smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2006 11:20:00 AM More reviews by fattie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal skin in great condition, and I used this for about a month. I don't think it does anything to my skin really. I tried to drink this, no, can't take it. I never believe in any type of toner, guess this is true for Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. For some of you who have problems with breakout, it might help, but for me, no effect what so ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by mona_mua

i use the mixture with concentrated greentea, tea tree oil, lavendar, and ACV. i am absolutely thrilled with the results. this toner not only calms my easily irritated skin but has smoothed it out. it's controlled my breakouts without turning my face bright tomato red. it's a pain in the butt to have to go to my fridge every morning and night (i'm lazy) to echo many voices, the smell is just awful... like stinky, smelly feet of a prepubescent boy running around on a hot summer day in tight tennis shoes but my nose has become somewhat used to the stench. oh and please dilute it and refridgerate it people! i'd think leaving it in a bathroom would make it rot. (no perservatives)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2006 5:43:00 PM More reviews by scentsible

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A word about adding Vitamin C.
You are wasting your money by adding it to the toner.
Vitamin C is very sensitve to oxidation etc. If you really want to add the C
powder do add it to a tiny amount of toner that you will immediately use. Cosmetic
companies use a special form of C and any products you do see are usually kept
well capped, and in dark glass bottles.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2006 5:37:00 PM More reviews by scentsible

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For safety purposes, anyone using this toner should be aware that it must be
refrigerated as it does not have any preservatives in it. Distilled water is a must.
I would use Dickinson's Witchhazel as it has 14 percent alcohol. Dickinson's
is now making a witch hazel with lemon, grapefruit and aloe that is just great
and all the oils have been solubilized. You are just asking for bugs by mixing
the vinegar, water and essential oils and not preserving or refrigerating the
mix. but remember if you cut the witchhazel you are also cutting the preservation system.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2006 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this on my face and hair. For both i dilute Braggs organic unpasteurised unfiltered apple cider vinegar that i purchase at whole foods and what a difference it makes. It clears up pimples in no time and it really brightens up my highlighted hair better than any thing else.

UPDATE:causes very dry skin if over used so now i use it once a month or there abouts

UPDATE:stopped using this as it is proving to be too harsh

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2006 2:18:00 AM More reviews by gribble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this as a toner after reading all the glowing reviews here. my skin is a prime test candidate seeing as it's got the whole kaboodle: scars, blackheads, oiliness, inflamed pimples, you name it - it's probably on my face at some time during the month. I didn't use any essential oils, just 2/3rds ACV and 1/3 strong green tea. It stunk to high heaven, and it made my eyes water with the vinegar fumes, but I persevered for several weeks. Unfortunately for me, obviously a minority here, I've not noticed any really positive effect at all. My skin has its up-weeks and down-weeks just like it always has, no noticeable improvement in skin texture or tone. One positive thing I can say for it - fantastic to use on days with humid, hot, uncomfortable weather, I find this has a brilliant drying and "cleaning" effect that lasts a few hours at least on my impossibly oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2006 7:16:00 PM More reviews by sugarysugarcake

So, I've been using the ACV for almost two months now. The first few weeks, I didn't notice any difference...until I went to the Dominican Republic on vacation and did not bring ACV with me. By the time I got back, I had some nasty, greasy, clogged pores on and around my nose (too much sunblock?). Ew. I thought nothing could help since I had been scrubbing with aspirin the entire time I was in D.R. and it didn't help. Oh, how wrong I was! After a week of nightly ACV use, my skin was noticibly better. Another week later, it was awesomely glowing. So much so, that a friend told me I looked so "fresh" despite a long day of grad classes. Wow. I'm fresh? Who knew? The combination of the aspirin scrub and ACV has definately cleared up acne, dramatically reduced blackheads and made my skin so soft and smooth. I don't dilute it and yes, it smells soooooo disgusting but as long as it works, I could care less about the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 12:37:00 PM More reviews by VaticanCameos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This has done better than any acne treatment that I've tried. (retin-a, differin) I fill a small, plastic cup with water, add a cap of ACV and half a cap of tea tree oil. The smell goes away with the TTO. I noticed a dramatic difference in the texture and clarity of my skin in a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2006 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Jany

Thank you to Carekate for this recipe. I tried this a couple of times and didn't really see the difference but now after using it on my skin for a few weeks my skin is amazing. My pores have been minimised and my skin is glowing. It has also faded some red marks that I had on my chin. It does smell but with the ylang ylang and lemon oil, it's not too bad.