October 20, 2014 | 2075 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by CoolBritannia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know about as a toner, but as an overall health/skin aid, this stuff rocks! I down a tablespoon of it before each meal (so basically, 3x per day) followed by a big glass of water. I sometimes mix it in w/ a glass of apple cider; it just tastes like tart apple cider then. The benefits are amazing: glowing skin, system regularity, slow safe weight loss/control, improved mood, and it's great for your kidneys and your liver. I highly recommend this stuff, and I buy it for my parents now too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2006 5:33:00 PM More reviews by tralalucy

In recent years, I've gone from having low-maintenance clear skin to breakouts, oil and acne scars. I've tried many different products with minimal success, but my beloved ACV mixture has come through in a big way! When I read about using ACV here, I just pulled out what I had in my cupboard (a several-year-old bottle of store brand ACV), and it has worked fine. I mix it 1 part vinegar, 2 parts water. I recently added 1 aspirin and shake it up each time I use it. I have been using this mixture in the morning and evening for the past couple of months, and it has cleared up the tiny bumps, gotten rid of some hanger-on zits and has given my skin a "glow." A defininte Holy Grail for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 11:02:00 AM More reviews by TiaR

screw the benzoyl peroxide and chemically loaded money-wasting drugstore brand stuff: buy apple cider vinegar for $2.00 and the biggest zit will be almost gone the next morning. (please dilute it and don't use it too much...it will become harsh on your skin. and make sure you moisturize well!!).
This works amazing on that crappy back acne as well, and if your scalp gets itchy. Oh, and if you want to cleanse yourself out, mix a bit of this with water and chug it back. it'll help with toxins in your body. it tastes disgusting...but you feel like a million dollars afterwards (just make sure you don't have adverse reactions. dilute it well, haha).

Thank you, God, for blessing us with such simplistic things that make the media look stupid.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2006 12:21:00 PM More reviews by idak

I bought several bottles of vinegar with different acidity. Unfortunately, noce of them worked for me. My skin kinda of wrinkled up with the contact of the vinegar. I mixed vinegar with honey and egg (whole) for a facial, and it made my face very tight. It's good experiment but for some reason didn't work out. I think vinegar is too harsh, no matter how you use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2006 8:20:00 AM More reviews by angmo

I have to disagree with the majority of the reviewers here. This unfortunately made my face break out. Didnt help to improve my acne. I didnt add anything to the cider except distilled water 3:1. However I am glad that this product help alot of members. Now I just drink the cider (add water and honey) hoping this will help lose the weight!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2006 1:55:00 AM More reviews by feri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This smells like washing your face with the sweat dripping out of dirty sneakers a teenage boy wore in the dead of summer with no socks on. Seriously, it smells horrific. And it works, too, so you'll just have to live with it.Bragg's ACV helps soften, clarify and generally fix up your skin. Mine is spectacularly oily and I also have to wear sunscreen every single day because I live in AZ--so my skin is coated all day with oil, sunscreen, and pollutants in our dirty air. Since my skin isn't sensitive in the least, I use a mix of 2/3 ACV and 1/3 purified water, plus 15 uncoated aspirin, and I keep it in the fridge. Whatever you do, don't get it near your eyes--it burns like hell.Using ACV every morning and night has seriously helped my skin. It looks clearer and is much softer. I use a smidge of moisturizer after using the toner and I haven't had any dryness or irritation, just soft, glowing skin.I also have fewer problems with excessive oiliness during the day if I use this in the morning before my cleanser--it helps diminish future oiliness. And after keeping it in the fridge, it's a super stinky, refreshingly cold treatment for my face in the morning. That smell helps knock any sleepiness right out of you.Who knew I'd find such a cheap skincare miracle in the salad dressing aisle of my local health food store? continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2006 5:35:00 PM More reviews by ekitney

After reading the reviews, I decided to give this a try. My skin was in bad shap due to winter, flaky and dry with oily skin underneath, and blotchy and red due to cold air.

I mixed 2/3 a cup Vinegar with 1/3 a cup water and added 12 or so drops of both lemon and lavender essential oils, and I stored it in a pretty jar on my cold bathroom windowsil.

I used this on a cotton pad, and rinsed with warm water. After a week of use, the results are striking. The vinegar toner has not only improved the oil/dryness situation, but cut down on the redness as well. I am very impressed, I thought I was stuck with a ruddy complexion for life, as my mother has this. I will definately continue to use this cheap and effective homade skincare regimine.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2006 1:58:00 AM More reviews by welovecats

I hate to say it, but this did nothing for me!

I was really excited, followed the recipes and tried to stick with it, but nope. It didn't make my skin worse, it just didn't make it better either.

Go ahead and try it, but don't get you're expectations too high or you might end up like me -- disappointed!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2006 2:09:00 PM More reviews by aivee

Gosh! This amazed me because it works. Little by little, but it does work. I didn't even use the apple cider vinegar, but the fermented vinegar that I bought from a Filipino store... Hey, it works! EDIT: After using it for a week, it dried my skin. I will not use it again other than for food.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2006 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Jenn777

I have been using Bragg's ACV for 3-4 months, and it has done wondrous things for my combo complection. I look like I have roses in my cheeks all the time, and my PMS breakouts no longer happen. My friends comment on my glowing skin (I'm 33, olive complected, but I work long crazy hours in heavy industry and travel a lot. Not the best recipe for healthy skin.)I also believe it has faded my sun damage spots (especially near my hairline and on the apples of my cheeks.) I use it straight, on a cotton ball, and I have never refrigerated the stuff. The mother-of-vinegar strands in the bottom are kinda gruesome to see, but because that is the most biologically active parts I just slop it all on the the cotton and wipe away. I use it on my chest, also, to stop breakouts and fade sun damage. Don't use this near or on your lips, and avoid your eye area. Skip a day here and there if you start feeling overly dry (especially around the lips or eyes.) Otherwise, I can't say enough about this dirt-cheap, easy to find product.