November 28, 2014 | 1810 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2005 12:09:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't impressed by this product. For being made for blemish prone skin it only dried my face out worse and therefore I broke out. It definately gives a matte finish and controls oil but it sucked up too much moisture. Moisture may seem like the enemy but your skin needs it and some times we think sucking it out will help clear our skin but the oil glands only overproduce then because your skin becomes so dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2005 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Yasna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation..iv been using for almost 2 yrs...when i first started using it made me brake out more but since i didnt have time to go buy another one i kept using it and after a few days it got soo much better and the color and covarge is amazing...it doesnt keep me shine free but powder helps with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2005 3:12:00 PM More reviews by doveswillfly

i've been using this product for about 2-3 years, but only because its a great match for my skin, i like the texture & consistency, and i haven't found a foundation that i like better. it does nothing for the 'blemish healing' it claims though, so if you're going to buy it for that reason, forget it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2005 12:51:00 AM More reviews by bddancer8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I was looking for a good TM, but the drugstore didn't have any good selections, and I hadn't done any research as to what was good or bad, so I bought this cuz it was cheap. I liked it except for the matte finish. The reason I wanted a TM was because I have some acne on the t zone, but from 3feet away you can't tell, so I wanted light coverage and a dewy glow. I still have a lot left, so I'm mixing it w/ my moisturizer. I guess it's good if you want a matte finish and lots of coverage...I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2005 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Maggie1180

I was excited when I first got this product because I thought this might prevent my few breakouts. The color was great, it actually matched better than i thought it would, but it definitely dried out my skin. I have combination skin, but I usually have it under control. After 7 hours of wearing this foundation, my skin was flaking off, and I was itchy all over my face. I won't be buying this product again. It didn't work very well for me and my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2005 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Mari001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only used this product today, but i'm impressed! I didn't buy it, i've seen it around and wondered because I have oily, acne prone skin, but I just hadn't bothered to get to trying this. Well turns out my mom needed some foundation quick and ended up buying this, but it was a little too dark for her, so she thought it would fit me well.

Well I tried it today, and the first thing I noticed was the great coverage it gives, it's great for red spots. I put it on, the color is slighty off on me, but I found a way to blend it in, and so I just left it on all day. By the end of the night, it was still on! And my face wasn't a shinning bulb as it usually gets. I like it so far, don't know if it'll break me out, but my face doesn't seem irritated at all right now. If I end up not liking it i'll come back to update.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2005 10:11:00 PM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was searching for a yellowy foundation to cover up my redness and I tried this. I havnt used real liquid foundation in years (I used clinique clarifying in a tube). I find this product to be great for my oily skin and it doesn't look cakey or fake. The packaging is very junky, Ive wasted a lot of product b/c of it. So far, I do not regret this purchase. UPDATE: I dislike the new formulation (the bottle with the yellow logo). Its too thick and makes my face oily unlike the old formula. UPDATE: I seem to handle this new formula ok if I wear a primer underneath.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2005 7:34:00 AM More reviews by jaypulliam

this product gave me cosmetic acne and larger pustules as well...not pretty at all. It went on like a dream and looked great but not worth the aftermath of eruptions. why they call this blemish healing is beyond me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2005 11:22:00 PM More reviews by beautymania

WOW! This foundation is amazing at covering redness, blemishes, scars and although it doesn't really HEAL acne (you shouldn't be expecting this about makeup), it DOES NOT aggravate it. I've tried all the luxurious/expensive stuff on the market and this is BY FAR my favorite! Contrary to other brands of acne controling foundations, it does not make the skin feel or look dry at all. I even use it around my eyes! It's the best combination I found of coverage/natural look. I apply it with a foundation brush and it really gives fantastic results! The only downside is the bottle: it gets very messy and it's almost impossible to travel with it. I hope that Almay will rethink the packaging, but not discontinue the foundation: I am addicted to this one!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2005 11:29:00 PM More reviews by whitelulu

not a very good product and it definetly does not heal blemishes it kinda aggrivates the problem even more if you ask me.