September 1, 2014 | 1954 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 4:03:00 AM More reviews by rookicass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wonderfully amazing. This was my first serum or intense treatment. I wish i had used it sooner but this surely saves me $$$ from dermatologist visits or facials. I saw result from first application - skin became more even-toned and plumper. During the day time, it helps my makeup to stay on longer and skin looks dewy. This serum does not break me out and it prevents new pimple (due to its formulation to protect your skin from harsh environment, chemicals from makeup reacting with your skin etc.) And the result is not just temporary, after I wash my face, my skin actually looks better in every way ie. acne scars are fading, skin looks softer and plumper, and glowy. It's like my skin is slowing healing and fixing itself to become "good" skin it once was. (FYI - I have been breaking out a lot from using makeup/foundation). With this serum, i can finally use less and less foundation :) and back to healthy skin once again :) THANK YOU ESTEE LAUDER! I will continue to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by kdimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is a good product. i have acne scars and after using this for a bit it made my skin softer and my redness from the scars go down. the only thing i do not like at all about it is the smell. but its not so unbearable that i wouldnt repurchase. and the packaging is a little annoying, i dont like the eyedropper like applicator. but usually serums are this way...so oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by chyyanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is something that I always fallback on after experimenting with other products that doesnt really work for me. It does it job which is to give maximum hydration. And sometimes it fixes any skin woes i have.. I've been using this for years and I will continue using it even now that I'm not so in love with other EL products.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by renginnar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I did not notice any change on my skin. I will not buy it again. I was the first and the last time I paid such a price to a serum. It was just another foolish vaste of money...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by yunnyunn

I received the Syn version as a GWP, tried it for a few days, really really liked it, as if my skin cleared off overnight. But this review is for the previous version, which is the Protective version. Since this has been discontinued, it was selling at the Off Fifth, Estee Lauder counter for 2/3 of the regular price. At first, I didn't see much difference, not like the Syn version, which showed dramatic diff overnight. The Protective version, I kept using it for about a month now. I do see my skin is clearer, aged spots lighter (not completely disappeared though). This serum is kinda dry though, especially for winter time. So I do have to pair it with something more hydrating. Over all, love the product. Will definitely buy again. Next time, I'm not gonna be cheap and get the Syn version.
UPDATE: Just found out the toxicity rating on this product is pretty high, according to the Skin Deep website. I'm returning this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by mandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First time I purchased the Advanced Night Repair Concentrate I was very happy with the results; I could really see an improvement in terms of skin healing faster, reduced redness after cosmetic procedures, skin plumped. This lead to me buying again when the first bottle finished; however second time around the results were not so noticeable.
After stopping to use it for more than a year, I bought this 'Synchronized' version.
Bottle is much lighter, I actually worried it's empty when I first took it out of the package, as it felt like nothing much. True I bought the 30 ml bottle, but still.
For me, from the consistency to the smell, it seems very similar (if not same) with the previous version. As for the effects, I can see nothing special this time, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Using it for the past 2 weeks.
I picked the 'no' when asked if I'd buy this one again, because I'd probably look elsewhere, or try another Estee Lauder serum.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by prncss

This is the first expensive serum I've ever used. My friend who used to work at Estee Lauder gave this to me. Prior to this, I was using Vichy night creams.

I've been using this for 5 weeks, applying once in the morning and evening. All I can is Wow!! What a difference this makes in my skin. I apply an entire eyedropper full of serum on my face and I've noticed that I no longer have oil on my normal combination skin. I no longer have dry skin either. The serum has both balanced the dry parts of my face and the oily t-zone. My complexion has dramatically improved, evening out discoloration and my skin appears brighter, like I have had a full night of sleep. Even my friends commented that my skin has appeared clearer, brighter, and more even toned.

I was so skeptical of this serum at first, citing its high price tag as a marketing gimmick. However, this really is worth the price tag and makes a visible difference. I saw visible results after about 2 weeks.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Chanelll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the Advanced Night Repair Serum and I've used it for over 12 years but this new formula they have breaks me out so badly !! The new one is called
"Advanced Night Repair- Synchronized recovery complex"
Why can't they just sell both formulas because there must be more people like me who can't use the new one. Why fix what's not broken. anyway the old formula was there number 1 seller...so why fix it. I'm stuck with the largest bottle of it plus the small bottle. I spent alot of money on that and used only the largest bottle 3 times so it's full. I wrote Estee Lauder about it. I'm stuck with these bottles. Anyone want them? I paid just under $200.00 canadian for them.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by BlueNite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hands down, this is simply the most amazing product I've ever purchased. I was beginning to develop this red dotty/rashey looking stuff on the hallows of my cheeks, and I was getting concerned I may be getting rosacea. The first thing I changed in my skincare regimen was adding this, and I am not exaggerating, it decreased the redness/blotcheyness by 50% the first night. I was stunned. My skin felt so smooth, soft, and happy. I didn't realize how irritated it was until I used this product.

Since then, I have changed out other products I used to use that were aggrivating the red contidion, and it has almost completely disappeared. I have also noticed that if/when I do break out (zit-wise, not red-wise), its not as severe and doesn't last as long as it used to.

I use this in conjunction with the Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Re-finisher and I'm amazed at how my complexion has improved in the last 3 months of using both products.

This product is not cheap, but it WORKS exactly as they say it does, and that is so rare for products these days, cosmetic or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by lexileven

I LOVE this product. I bought it after reading the reviews here as despite no change to my skincare routine, I'm very run down and had a medication-related reaction which left me with hives all over my face. Once the hives went down, my skin was a mess, sensitised with pores very visible and texture ruined.

After 1 week of use my skin is nearly back to normal. The improvement to texture is phenomenal and the sensitivity has all gone. I love the fact that this doesn't cause breakouts, unlike other serums I have tried. It also comes in such a convenient bottle and only needs to be used once a day. Worth every penny, I'm never going to use anything else.