December 20, 2014 | 1678 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Kelsey94231

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to love this, and I still think that it is on the right track, but there are a few minor problems.

Pros:
1. Matches perfectly
2.Blends great. I never had to take it down my neck or even cover my whole face because it was perfect.

Cons:
1. Limited coverage
2. Terrible around dry skin
3. I actually have terribly dry skin, but by the end of the day, my face would be covered with a nice shiny mat of oil.

I wasn't sure if it was getting oily because my skin was so dry it was overproducing oil, but I have just switched to a different product, and I am not having this problem.

I think this product would be excellent for someone who just wants to even out their skin tone. If it was lightly applied where you need coverage, and set with a good powder, it would be fine. But seeing as I need a little better than just "fine" I'm moving on to another product.

Needless to say however, I will keep the bottle, and try to use it up. It wasn't bad enough to want to eliminate it from existence. And not point in being wasteful.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by strawberrykitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Skin: Break-Out prone (using Retin-a), NW15 to NW 25, Asian.

I used this for 10 Days.

Pros:
- Easy to find a matching shade.
- Easy to apply/ blended well.
- Nice finish
- Lasted *most* of my work day without getting splotchy.
- Got a lot of compliments on my skin

Cons:
- No pump.
- After 6 days I started to notice small bumps clogged pores on the side of my face that was causing an uneven texture to my skin. I stopped using it for 2 days and my skin calmed down immediately.

I think I'll keep this for emergencies but, in the meantime, it's back to searching for a day to day ftdn.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by alovelyjessture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Even though it's called "True Match" I was never able to find my perfect shade. I ended up using the two bottles that were mismatched and blending them together to create a good shade for my skin. Of course, it looked great, but was a bit of a hastle. This makeup is pretty basic, drug store makeup, and a great starter for younger girls just starting out with the makeup grind. What's great is that it has spf 17 and is very silky smooth upon application. Just be wary and know that since there are so many shades and sub genres of shades (warm, cool, natural) that you're bound to make a mistake with your shade the first time you purchase. You may think you are warm toned or cool toned, but it could turn out to be not what you think. Once you find the shade that works for you, using with the matching powder and concealer makes for a very effective makeup trio. Overall, not bad, but not the best. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Magyke

I needed a good foundation, since I have a lot of redness on my face from acne scaring and I thought I'd try this one because it's not really expensive and they had a wide range of colors to chose from. I was able to find the color that matches my skin perfectly.
When I first put it on my face, I thought it was going to be hard to blend, but once you actually start working it into the skin, it really looks good and natural. People don't even notice I have foundation on, even though it gives me quite a lot of coverage! It hides all of my redness and spots, I barely have to use concealer. Just be careful not to apply too much otherwise it can look cakey.
I set it with some mineral powder and it looks very good. It doesn't feel heavy on my skin, which I hate, and I don't think it blocks my pores either.
I wish the bottle would come with a pump because it's hard to put just the right amount of product on your brush.
Apart from that, I'm really satisfied with this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Chas23

I've been using this for almost 2 years. I thought I loved this product, but I realized there are better products on the market. I find this 'melts' on my skin when it gets to hot and wipes right off. When I sweat, it changes color and looks VERY noticeable and I use a powder over this. Also, I have acne and this causes me to break out. And my skin gets dry near my pimples and this sticks to the flakes and stands out. Not good, and it doesn't cover up everything even when I use a foundation powder over it. Another annoying thing, this needs a pump (for hygienic reasons.) The only positive I can give this is the variety and it contains SPF. I think this is best suited for those with normal or dry (not flaky) skin. Overall, I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by sheilsthedeal

I lov this foundation! I wanted to buy a foundation from a higher end brand, but the saleslady recomended this. The 'nuetral' option really appeals to me, and my shade (N2) fits my skin perfectly. I apply with my fingers and it blends so well. I never have breakouts from this product. My only complaint is that it is impossible to get ALL of the product out of the packaging when it is almost empty

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2011 7:20:00 AM More reviews by sparklefaceface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought from the new ultra fine pigments range.
W1 Golden Ivory - $41.80NZD
I have a normal skin type.

I used to use this foundation a lot a few years ago, don't remember having any problems with it.

Thought I'd give the new one a go.

Can't say I'm impressed with it, I'm not quite sure if they have changed the formula at all. But it was very difficult to apply, didn't cover a wide area of skin like other foundations do, so there's no conserving of the precious makeup here.

It also balled up and dried, leaving an incredibly crusty appearance on my skin, like I hadn't washed the makeup from the night before off. Not attractive.

It didn't provide very even cover I found. I'm going to use it a few more times to give it a chance, but at the moment, this is quite possibly the worst foundation I have used to date.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by casutton1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I say I'll buy this product again, only because I always seem to go back to it since the matches are fantastic.
But I have oily skin and it clumps around on my oily spots.
If I use powder over other foundations I don't get too oily. But with this one my nose just shines and shines.
The colour selection is the only thing going for it. It's too oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by clawsmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like how light this foundation is on my skin. It goes on easy and keeps my skin moisturized, which is something I always look for in a foundation. It also blends really well, and I like how you can choose from warm, cool, or neutral. For drugstore pricing it's great! I just don't like the glass bottle. I'm afraid it will break in my makeup bag or spill everywhere.

Some people have said this fundation makes them break out. I have dry skin, so this hasn't been a problem for me at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This gives full coverage, it is pretty good. It does blend nicely like the name says. IT stays on all day and looks great! The only negative is the bottle, I'm not a fan of the packaging.