April 25, 2014 | 925 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by SweetAmy

I love this foundation, it fits my skin tone perfectly (C1). I have really fair skin and I always have a hard time finding a foundation that matches me, I either wind up getting foundations that are way too pink or way too orange. But with this foundation it matches me perfectly, I cant say the same thing about the liquid foundation of True Match, which I was very disappointed with it. On top of that it doesn't break me at all.
The downside is the packaging. Because the compartment for the mirror and sponge is on the opposite side of the powder, you have to keep switching sides to apply powder on the sponge and then switch to the other side to look in the mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by tinkerbubble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Although I am a bit of a foundation junkie, I have repurchased this product many times over the years. As someone with exceptionally pale skin, I love the large selection of colours and tones (they even offer shades pale enough for me, and I am paler than most people I've met who have red hair!).
The liquid blends easily and gives me medium coverage, though it is build-able (one layer covers acne scars and redness, while another will conceal undereye circles and current blemishes). I apply with my fingers if I am in a hurry or a sponge dipped in moisturizer if I know I will be having my photo taken. The application is pretty well fool-proof, as it does not cake unless you trowel it on.
I always make sure to moisturize well, as it can emphasize dry patches, but I have pretty dry skin, so that is a must whatever foundation I use.
The packaging makes it a little difficult to travel with (I have had the cap twist off in my purse from time to time, which makes quite a mess), but as I always apply my makeup with clean hands, I haven't had a problem with bacteria.
Overall, I would consider this to be one of my favourite foundations and I expect that I will continue to purchase it for years to come.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by pandabear333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this foundation is really disappointing because the color match is SO good. i am very pale with slight...oliveish...undertones and it is almost impossible to find a good color match in terms of concealer and foundation. everything is either too pink or too yellow. N1 in this foundation matched me perfectly tho - blended right into my skin with no obvious lines or streaks. it also felt natural on my face - not heavy at all.
the factors that killed it for me with this stuff are as follows -
1. it is not hydrating whatsoever. in fact, it emphasized any slight dry patch i had on my face and i believe may have even created new ones.
2. the finish is dull and matte & chalky looking. not flattering.
3. it literally disappears after an hour of wearing it. i don't need or expect a foundation to last endlessly, but it seriously looked good/decent enough for about 45 minutes after applying it and then. bam. nothing.

it's really too bad, because the color selection is pretty bomb. if only they'd change the formula....

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by babebaloo

i bought this foundation because i was tired of foundations that sort of match my skin but didn't look right because of the undertone. i have light skin with freckles and i'm a little more towards the warm side. it's hard for me to identify the color of my skin in foundations so i thought that the best bet would be to compare the lighter colors with the different undertones and see which one would match best. the neutral one was still on the pink-whitish side, and the warmer one was a tad too yellow, but i bought it anyway thinking that in the drugstore the matches look differently in florescent lighting... and also worse comes to worst i can mix the warm foundation with some of my old foundations and customize a shade. the product looked promising and i was excited about the large selection of shades. i thought i'd fine my HG foundation finally! but i was wrong...
the foundation was fine in terms of application... the coverage is really sheer but somewhat buildable, so i thought that i'll be able to work with it. the packaging is annoying - i wish it had a pump. without one i just end up pouring so much product that goes to waste...oh... and it's too liquidy...
my biggest issue is what happens to the foundation after an hour or two... it creases and becomes greasy, and droplets start melting off your face (for references, i did set the foundation with powder and finishing powder... the ones i always use and had no problems with). it wasn't a hot day and i wasn't sweaty so what did that happen? must be a problem with the formula. this really ruined it for me...
the price is also high for drugstore foundations...
loreal- please step it up.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by orchestrated19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's alright I guess... I didn't have any problems with it, but when it gets down to the bottom it can be kind of tricky to get out without spilling it somehow. Perhaps I'm just a klutz, who knows. Anyway, I thought this was a good foundation in terms of lighter coverage. Nothing really stood out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by smellerie03

This is my absolute favorite drug-store brand foundation! I love the coverage it brings and the fact that it dries fairly matte is a plus any day. ike to spot my face though with my foundation then blend, but sometimes with True Match it tends to dry before I can properly bend it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

Good God this product sucks. I don't know what came over me but for some reason I decided to give drug store foundation a try. The coverage is so light that it's almost transparent, and you have to put like five layers of it to even get any kind of result. And it comes in a glass bottle which isn't the most practical idea for clumsy people like me :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by luv4juicy5308

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

not a bad foundatino for the price at all. especially when i got this at ulta for buy 2 get 1 free and the $5 off $10 coupon.
i'm NC 30 - 35, and i got N4 as it matches my skin perfectly. i use my fingers to put it in as it is easy and fast. i'd say this has sheer to medium coverage and can be built to full coverage. it doesn't look cakey even if you build it up which is a plus. it's also very natural looking and they have so many shades to choose from.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by bigbu

Love it, I bought this one along with the Rimmel 25 hours and I returned the Rimmel. It's light coverage so I doesnt cover all my acne scars but gives me the dewy and fresh looking. I set with chanel translucent powder and my skin looks perfect. Now I dont need to spend money on expensive foundation anymore.
Edit: I love it for a week, i think it dried out my skin. The last time I put it on it looked chalky and shows all my flake. I felt so embarrassed and had to go home to wash it off. I thought it was a cheap HG to me but it's not.
Update: I try to put it on top of my MUFE F&B and it works perfectly. So i give it 4 stars now

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2010 7:31:00 AM More reviews by aisyah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use W6 and am usually an NC40 however, this foundation is a little too dark for me (I can sense it is a shade dark) but nothing a little light powder wont fix. I bought a W5 and will see if that colour suits me better once it arrives.

For the price, I would have to say this foundation is worth it for every shortcoming it has. The biggest being that it can cake really badly if you should put as much as a drop too much on your face. This thing creases in my laugh lines and I'm only in my early 20s :( But then again, I live near the equator (humidity is a huge problem) so that was probably a factor as well.

Though it doesn't look as flawless as my mufe f&b fdn, I love it mainly because it covers up my dark circles flawlessly even without concealer. Packaging is pumpless but the hole is small and fits the width of my sponge nicely tho it applies best with the elf flat top powder brush ESP when i stipple it on.

I love that I bought it online without being matched prior and it suited me quite well. Then again, it isn't the foundation I reach for when I have a bad skin day (emphasizes all the wrong parts of my face)