January 31, 2015 | 927 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

This is a pretty descent foundation. It provides medium build-able coverage and offers a very wide variety of shades. It also feels light weight on the skin but for some reason it looks slightly cakey on my skin. It's a very easy to use foundation with a light formula that's easily blend-able with fingers.

I believe this product was rather inexpensive (under $10 CAD) which is a huge plus but I dislike the packaging. The foundation comes in a pour glass bottle which spills and tips easily and is NOT easy to get the right amount.

Overall a descent product but packaging needs improvement.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by RinRdwn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was my first foundation. Bought it bacck in 2006, i think? Fell in love with it. Consistency was light, didn't feel like i was wearing much gunk on my face. Phew, that's definitely good. And it helps brighten up my skintone. Always a major plus! And it last long too. This and Revlon Colorstay foundation has been my go-to foundations, depending on the coverage i'm looking for. Fresh & light feel, this is my pick. Hope this helps! <3

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by infrared258

This product is definitely good but not the best one for my taste.First of all it's cheap for the quality and it's packaging is not bad either.I live in Turkey and the foundations of L'oreal come here with a different packaging. It actually has a decent pump and I am very pleased with it.
About the foundation... I think the best thing about it, is the color range. People who suffer from not finding their exact color match should check this one out. Although it has lots and lots of colors this particular foundation fails to give me the best finish in my opinion. Maybe cause I have a dry skin problem I don't know, but it lookes a bit cakey especially in the winter. But in the summer when my skin becomes more oily it almost gives me an airbrushed look. I guess what I'm trying to say is, true match gives more of a matte finish and can be used in the summer. I'm not sure if I'd buy this product again but it can be a choise for holidays in my kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by jasmine143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have dry skin with BAD hyper pigmentation (acne scaring) & this covered everything completely when applied with a flat top kabuki brush. some claimed it didn't cover anything but honestly it depends on application technique. just remember to exfoliate & moisturize before applying this foundation. the first foundation ever to keep my skin clear & i tried so many from drugstore to high end. i use a pump i purchased from mac for 6 dollars & it fit perfectly. usually people with bad skin like me tend to use thick heavy foundations which make skin worst but this is super light & it covers like a charm. it stays put for 10+ hours. I'm on my 3rd bottle. I'm using W6 in this foundation & for MAC I'm an NC42. hope this helps. the foundation in the bottle has a slight sheen in the foundation like tiny specks but its not chunks of glitter so people need to chill.. there's no noticeable glitter to me even in the sunlight. top it off with a powder & you'll be fine =)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by suusuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this makeup..it covers well and is my exact shade (w5 sand beige) my only complaint is it kinda makes my skin appear oily, i have very oily acne prone skin. it does not break me out but at the same time i get too much shine even with the formula for oily/combo skin. thats why i took one star off, besides that i love this foundation, i tried many high end foundations and this one tops them all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by shytuffy15

LOVE LOVE LOVE It. it hides my acne scrs yet is soo light. it looks super natural if u have ur color.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by shannand88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm going to start off by saying, yes, I would buy this product again, only because I've gone to it when all else fails since high school.
I see a lot of mixed reviews. Personally, I am very fair, pretty dry, and uneven toned. Circles are always a B%^&! to deal with.
This is one of a very select few foundations that actually does match my ghostly skin tone. And I don't just say that because it's sheer. I would actually go so far as to say it's medium-buildable for me. Why other people aren't getting this, I don't know. Maybe it's a dry skin thing. I also use primer before applying.
I use my fingers, nothing fancy, and after a layer or two I'm good to go. It doesn't feel too wet or sticky on my face either. I don't have to sit there and not touch my face while I'm irritated and waiting for it to dry.
If it's settled with a powder, it lasts MUCH longer I've found. I put maybelline's dream matte powder on with an every-day average kabuki brush and it doubles the wear time. Without powder, I'll say it's about 4 hours, but with powder it can be 8, perhaps more.

It's a pretty "dry" liquid foundation...if that makes sense?
I would only wear this in the summer.
Honestly my biggest bugaboo with this product is the packaging. I like the small chemist type bottle style, but it can really pour out if you're not careful. there's no pump. It's also a bit delicate. I've had a bottle bust in my purse before. No fun. But other than that, the product itself is good. There's a reason it's been around for so long.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by maradeguzman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am so-so with this product. I bought this because I wanted to start using liquid foundation so that I would not have to pile on my concealer anymore (I have some acne scarring). I bought this because well, it truly matched my skin. It is very rare for me to find a concealer or foundation to totally match my skintone.I am kinda on the edge of fair and medium, kinda yellow but not totally yellow, warm but with some coolness and I have a slight olive tinge. So get it, kinda complicated. This is the first foundation that really disappeared on my skin, without making me look like my face has a white or orange mask on.I got the color G3 Golden Biege, I think this only available in Asia or something because from what I know in U. S. it is only available in W, N, and C. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Pros:
-Perfect match with my skin.
-Covers imperfections fairly well, though not totally, but enough to lessen the need to pile up on concealer.
-Glides and blends easily on the skin.
-The packaging here still has a pump which makes things neat and easy.
Cons:
-Does not really stay on too long.
-Not perfect for oily skin.
-Sometimes it can accentuate pores and can make you look greasy.

I am still on the fence on whether or not I will buy this again, I love how it fits my color perfectly, but it does not do anything for my oily skin. I'll probably repurchase until I find a foundation that matches my skintone and controls my oiliness better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBabyShine

I keep coming back to this foundation when i dont have time to go to sephora to by expenisve brands. I have been soo busyy lately that i wore this for like 3 weeks straight and started noticing after and hour or so of wearing this my face looked SUPER GREASY. EWW. i have never been oily like that. not sure if its the product or my hormones but NOT ok.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Kelsey94231

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to love this, and I still think that it is on the right track, but there are a few minor problems.

Pros:
1. Matches perfectly
2.Blends great. I never had to take it down my neck or even cover my whole face because it was perfect.

Cons:
1. Limited coverage
2. Terrible around dry skin
3. I actually have terribly dry skin, but by the end of the day, my face would be covered with a nice shiny mat of oil.

I wasn't sure if it was getting oily because my skin was so dry it was overproducing oil, but I have just switched to a different product, and I am not having this problem.

I think this product would be excellent for someone who just wants to even out their skin tone. If it was lightly applied where you need coverage, and set with a good powder, it would be fine. But seeing as I need a little better than just "fine" I'm moving on to another product.

Needless to say however, I will keep the bottle, and try to use it up. It wasn't bad enough to want to eliminate it from existence. And not point in being wasteful.