September 18, 2014 | 894 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by AshynDae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first time I've ever purchased foundation; I'm not a huge makeup wearer because whenever I've let someone do my makeup in the past, I've never liked the way it looked. But I decided to start experimenting a bit. I bought the concealer and powder in the same shade, and I've liked all the products so far. I have good and bad days. If I don't moisturize enough, dry spots will show through the foundation a bit, and once it dries, I have a hard time blending it more (I always just use my fingers, though). But I have found that using less helps, and it still covers nice. However, the bottle is a little annoying because you have to pour it out, and I'm constantly pouring out way too much. I love the consistency of this foundation, though, because it spreads really easily, and even a small amount covers a lot of area. I probably would have given this a higher rating (and said I'd buy it again), but because this is still my first time, I want to see what else is out there. Overall, I'm satisfied with the quality considering what I paid for this.

Edit: Up-ed the rating from a 3 to a 4 and said I'd buy again. I've been using this for quite a while now (in between experimenting with other foundations), and this one is still my "go to" foundation. I've started using an actual flat-tipped foundation brush instead of my fingers to apply it, and what a difference that has made! This foundation is flawless, and it matches my skin tone PERFECTLY.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by mjaanee

Type of skin: combination oily skin + acne prone

Packaging: good, but would be better if there was a pump
Color: a huge variety
Price: $11.99 CAD
Coverage: 4/5, light- medium (possibly full coverage as well) does not streak, face doesn't get oily after a few hrs. (must set with powder if you have combination to oily skin) **Does not break me out :)

I've tried revlon photo ready and rimmel stay matte foundations but i always tend to get oil, and coverage is minimal. Loreal true match is my far best drugstore foundation! <3

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2011 More reviews by ChantellyLace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. Here's my thoughts:
PROS:
-exact match to my skin, I'm neither a true cool or warm and the N4 matched me perfectly
-blends well
-nice medium coverage without ever looking cakey
-never made me breakout
CONS:
-Half an hour after applying my T-zone was an oily greasy mess! Even if I set with powder. I have combination skin which I wouldnt say is overly oily either
-Does not last long. Halfway through the work day it appears half gone. I'd be afraid to see what it would be like in the humid summer heat
-Packaging is horrible! The cap leaks and gets all over my makeup bag. Yuck! (and ive had several bottles, they all do this)

In a nutshell, loved this foundation but will not continue to purchase. The oiliness and poor staying power did it for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Melmode

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When i first tried this product, i absolutely fell in love with it!My skin looked perfect and glowy with its medium-buildable coverage,dewy finish, light feel and with the added bonus of SPF 17, i really couldn't ask for more. I wore this to school, and when i got home and looked in the mirror, my face was an absolute disaster! Oily, blotchy, and oxidized makeup was all i could see!I looked at least one shade darker due to the oxidization! I eventually until i found the solution to my problem: I started using Maybellines Mineral Power Translucent Powder over top the foundation, and that was all i really needed. By the end of the day, i was left with a nice natural glow and the makeup hadn't oxidized and was still on my face and although i have oily skin, the foundation and translucent powder took care of that! This foundation was about $11 at Wall-Mart and i'd say thats reasonable, the consistency is quite liquidy and there is no pump on the bottle, if your careful a big mess can be avoided. What i do is give it a good shake, then carefull pour a small dime-sized portion onto my hand, if i need more i just repeat this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Janelliee0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love this foundation. I've used this 2-3 years ago but then stopped using this because I wanted to try other products. I started using this again about a week ago for the heck of it and surprisingly I forgot how great this really was! Sure its about medium coverage but that's what concealer is for! I love the finish to this kind of a powder finish. I find this foundation matches my skintone the best and this one NEVER breaks me out thats what I loved about it 2 years ago! The colour I got was N2 Classic Ivory. I used to be W2 but that one seemed a bit too yellow for me. For reference, I am about NW15/20

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by kbstachelski

After being so frustrated of constantly being matched with the wrong high-end foundation and wrong color at Sephora and various makeup counters, I decided to try this drugstore foundation. InStyle Magazine has rated this the best drugstore foundation for the past 5 years, so I figured it couldn't be that bad.

I have only been wearing this a couple days, and I love it! I matched myself to the shade W3, and it blends in with my skin flawlessly. I do start with Smashbox's oil-free photo primer and set with Clinique's transparent powder to give the foundation extra staying power. I do get a little shiny throughout the day so I have to blot, but that is normal for my combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by xrainbowbarf

Oily, will make you break out, will leave you looking orange. It is a wonderful product in theory but not in practice.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Kd1271

The color that "matches" my skin tone is too light and makes me look paler than I already am. It feels really greasy and oily when i'm applying it--I use my fingers, but wash them first--but after using primer, concealer, and powder with the foundation, it looks nice. But it does not cover acne well at all...and literally an HOUR after applying it, my skin gets oily and it just melts off. Seriously, wipes right off. I went to scratch my nose today and it was all over my finger. It just melts! Ughhhh sooo disappointed. My skin is already oily, but even other cheap foundations like cover girl and almay don't do the same thing. This product is awful, and I would absolutely not buy it if I were you.
Thanks a lot Loreal.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by lovemacnc30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LIKES:
-shade matches perfectly with my skin
-natural when first applied
-affordable
DISLIKES:
-melts off my face even with primer & powder on face
-blotchy
-packaging without a pump
-sheer coverage (doesn't cover my acne scars) maybe advantage to some people

***Hey you get what you paid for. I am trying to find a cheap foundation...I usually use Mac, Laura Mercier, chanel, tarte, smashbox liquid foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by xtheforce

This is, unfortunately, a really crappy foundation with a great color selection. W2 matches my fair, yellowish skin perfectly! I was so excited, because I find it really difficult to get a good match, and this looked great when I swatched it.
It doesn't have a pump, which I was annoyed by, but I'd suffer through it if it meant that I got a perfect match.
I got this stuff home, and applied it over my primer with a flat-top brush. It looked great for all of 5 minutes, and then started to separate and oxidize. Within an hour my skin looked insanely dry and flaky! I don't have dry skin! And this makeup transfers like a MOFO.
Generally just crappy makeup. Don't waste your money, I'm returning it if I can.