October 26, 2014 | 917 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by ohhellojanie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I swapped for this to test it out as I'd heard good things about its blendability, good color range, and lightweight feel on the skin. I used it for a few days and tossed the rest of the bottle out. First of all, the color I used, W2 (which I did lots of board/review searches on to look up what color to pick) did not match my NC20 skintone. It gave an oddly grey cast to my skin, strange for a warm-toned foundation. I found the foundation to spread easily as it is very runny/liquidy, but to be streaky in its application for the same reason (I applied with a flat-top foundation brush and on another occasion with my hands, with the same results). It set to a semi-matte/satin finish but I felt like it was breaking down on my face in a couple of hours and settling in unflattering places (I have combo-oily skin). Finally, the lack of a pump is irritating not just for hygienic reasons but also because it wastes a lot of product since the foundation is so runny. Overall I'm glad I didn't purchase this myself and wouldn't try it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by ScarletUnknown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I truly did want to love it. But we have a love hate relationship. My skin is less than perfect and on occasions i felt like this broke me out because i wasn't wearing anything else on my way nor was i trying any new products. First I did notice that you have to make sure you dont have any dry patches on your face. I would have to freshen up my make up sooner that I have ever had to with any makeup. I wont be buying this anymore i tried it but i wasn't pleased. This might be better for those who have less oily skin or don't have acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by colourtoyourworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great foundation for practically all skin types. Knowing that this is a dewy finish, I immeditaley tried it out. My forehead gets very oily and the rest of my face is dry (my full t-zone doesn't get oily; just the forehead.) The dewy finish helps hydrate dry skin and control oil. It is very blendable & buildable, and provides medium to full coverage. There is a great selection of skin shades (even undertones!) I would give it a better rating if the cools weren't as pink
cons:
liquidy and can large amounts can easily spill
cool undertones are more pinky than blue :(

pros:
medium-full coverage
buildable
blendable
natural dewy finish
great selection of shades (cool, warm, neutral.)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by edelweiss7579

My skin is usually on the dry side and it does kind of make my skin look more flaky sometimes but I have a better moisturizer now so it doesn't happen as often. I still use this everyday but I don't use it on my entire face, just on my cheeks where I have some redness. I have already been through one bottle and I am now on my second one. I will most likely repurchase because I've been pretty happy with my skin lately. It has a really nice range of colors. The color I am using matches my skin perfectly! Also, my skin is pretty prone to acne and this doesn't cause me to break out!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by tiffloser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is okay for everday makeup, but it's nothing special really. I use this when I have a day where I'm just hanging out and not doing much. Coverage is okay. Would I buy it again? Probably not.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by xxnikki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great product if you are looking for something to match your skin color very well and looking for something lightweight. Those were my 2 biggest concerns and I found it in this foundation. The coverage is light or medium at best so it won't be covering up pimples unless you know a great technique/have a great concealer. But it evens out my skin tone and I never have to worry about it looking unnatural. Also, I wore this a few times walking around vancouver for the day and I didn't have any issues with oxidization or looking weird on my face so I don't know why it was like that for other people.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by loanlou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this in 8th grade and I liked it, but I started using it again and it showed all of my dry patches, but I like their color selection.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by ktb926

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this and keep using it, but unfortunately it made my acne worse. Also the packaging is not sanitary (a pump would be better) and it is designed so that you can end up putting too much on the brush. I will say that I loved how well the make up blended with my skin, the color I bought was honey beige and it matched my skin PERFECTLY. In fact it is the only foundation to date that has matched so closely with my skin tone. It also provides great coverage. If L'Oreal could reformulate it to make it more acne friendly, I would be first in line to purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by hurrkatrina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this a couple of weeks ago. I have really fair skin with cool undertones. I did the color match thing that they have there under the foundations and I was Alabaster C1 (which is the lightest of all the cool tones).

The color is just a touch off. Even though it's cool, it still gives me this orange tone. Maybe I was just expecting it to completely match but I don't know. I like it besides that.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by AshynDae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first time I've ever purchased foundation; I'm not a huge makeup wearer because whenever I've let someone do my makeup in the past, I've never liked the way it looked. But I decided to start experimenting a bit. I bought the concealer and powder in the same shade, and I've liked all the products so far. I have good and bad days. If I don't moisturize enough, dry spots will show through the foundation a bit, and once it dries, I have a hard time blending it more (I always just use my fingers, though). But I have found that using less helps, and it still covers nice. However, the bottle is a little annoying because you have to pour it out, and I'm constantly pouring out way too much. I love the consistency of this foundation, though, because it spreads really easily, and even a small amount covers a lot of area. I probably would have given this a higher rating (and said I'd buy it again), but because this is still my first time, I want to see what else is out there. Overall, I'm satisfied with the quality considering what I paid for this.

Edit: Up-ed the rating from a 3 to a 4 and said I'd buy again. I've been using this for quite a while now (in between experimenting with other foundations), and this one is still my "go to" foundation. I've started using an actual flat-tipped foundation brush instead of my fingers to apply it, and what a difference that has made! This foundation is flawless, and it matches my skin tone PERFECTLY.