L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 2/4/2012 10:39:00 PM

I used this foundation when I was in 9th grade, so it's been a while. What I remember is that this foundation was blendable, good color matches, not too orange looking, & didn't make me break out. The staying power was also pretty good. However, this foundation does emphasize on dry spots on your face. I do remember that. If you moisturize well, you shouldn't have any problems. This foundation can get cakey, but that's with most foundations. It's buildable coverage, so you can make this look natural depending on how much you use. I don't remember why I stopped using this, because it wasn't a bad foundation. But, I have used better foundations since then, so I probably won't ever go back to using this. Overall, this is a good quality foundation. But, nothing special. The bottle is also really small, it should be bigger for the price.

I've been using this product for a few months now, and overall I am pretty satisfied with it. My personal pros and cons are as follows. Pros: It is incredibly easy to find a matching shade, I found one that is as pale as I am. I've dropped this bottle several times and it's very durable. Con: It doesn't last very long. If you have very oily skin, beware, because if you get oily and then touch your face, it will wipe right off. However, with the correct usage of powder and oil blotting pads you can prolong the wear.
Aside from the actual foundation itself, I really wish that the coverage was a tiny bit fuller, and that you got more product for the price. Overall, I would recommend this to a friend, but not one with extremely oily skin.

on 1/29/2012 6:51:00 PM

i bought this foundation in one of the lightest shades available (W1) because i can never seem to find a foundation to match my super pale skin. the colour was absolutely perfect and it had a lovely matte finish (for a while, anyway) but towards the end of the day it made my face quite oily and it completely broke me out! i tend to have very clear skin in general but after a week of using this foundation, i had blemishes all over. i'm sad that this product broke me out because the colour and consistency is so nice but no foundation is worth having bad skin.

on 1/25/2012 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I actually don't like this foundation! It becomes cakey sometimes, doesn't last more than a few hours and can slough off if you didn't peel your face or/and use good primer. But I tried worst foundations, too. I think it depends on your skin type. And I noticed a little golden-red sparkles in this foundation which I don't like. I would not buy this product again.

on 1/25/2012 5:49:00 PM

I'm NC30 and wear golden beige. I normally wear luxury brand foundations and recently bought estee lauder DW. However I needed an everyday foundation for work, so didn't want something as heavy as DW or as expensive! I saw this on offer for £6.99 at Superdrugs and thought I'd try it out. Its actually very good. Coverage is medium and matte but a fresh natural smooth matte. It lasted the whole day of work, evened out my skin tone and gave my skin a smooth appearance. I tried nars sheer matte a few days ago and though that was good this actually beats it! Some ppl are saying it made their face oily but if you set it with powder it wouldn't do that. I'm combo skin and I don't feel this makes my skin any oilier. Also maybe it didn't have a pump before or maybe just the UK ones have a pump, but my one has a pump, which is awesome when you're in a hurry in the morning. I like this very much and would recommend.

on 1/21/2012 9:26:00 PM

I was apprehensive about trying this foundation because of the mixed reviews on it. Since it was on sale, I thought why not? My one major peeve with this foundation is that it doesn't have a pump. Getting the perfect amount is a struggle and I always end up having too much. It comes with a decent amount of product, 1 FL. OZ. The color I chose matched my skin tone pretty well. The thing I liked about this foundation is that it looked like my actual skin with medium coverage. When I pair this with my L'oreal Studio Secrets Perfecting Base this lasts up to 14+ hours with no oiliness. Trust me, take this from the girl that usually looks like a grease ball. I found this foundation to be similar to my MAC Pro Longwear Foundation. I'd say if you're on the hunt for a cheap, good quality foundation try this!

on 1/16/2012 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Tried this out for a while last year, didn't really work for me. The colour started off pale and oxidised quite dark yellow more like the colour of pancake batter. It also showed up pretty flaky on any dry patches on my face. The formula was pretty thin as well, and didn't cover blemishes very well. Didn't do anything bad for my skin but also didn't really do what it was supposed to do as a foundation.

Overall, this is my favorite DS foundation because it gives you good coverage and the color choices is a big plus, especially for me because my skin is pretty light right now because it's winter. I wear Soft ivory (n1) and it is perfect! The only big problem I have with it is that it does tend to make my face oily after only a couple of hours wearing it and I do set it with powder. The package isn't great because there is no pump so it can get messy. I apply it with my fingers because it looks more natural that way. I have tried putting it on with a brush but it looks too thick, but I really like this product and I will buy it again:)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Packaging says oil-free & no fragrance, but felt like I was smearing butter on my face and the smell is like gasoline. Reviewers tend to like/want SPF, but it is actually a common allergen, and of course I am allergic. Didn't leave it on my face long enough to see, but I think it was making my break out because once I did take it off, the couple small pimples I had had grown (probably the SPF or the fact that my skin could not breathe). Getting it off was also interesting, it was seriously like a coat of butter on my face. The foundation I really wanted to get was Giorgio Armani and that felt nothing like this (but Loreal owns Armani and the new lifting foundations are a dupe I think). Even with a cleanser, toner and salicylic acid pad, there was residue. However, obviously the color selection is superior to most brands. I am very pale with warm undertones and it's rare to find light makeup with no pink undertones. In fact, I think the lightest shade was even too light for me and that's rare too. But the bottle was a mess! Loreal really needs to package this with a pump. I also just didn't feel like it covered very well. I could still see acne marks I have on cheeks, which is the only reason why I would want a foundation like this as opposed to a powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

One of my girlfriends recommended this. I purchased it in the shade W2/Golden Vanilla which is a light, very yellow based colour. I was happy to find a DS foundation that came with a yellow tone as my own skin is yellow, but this is slightly too yellow for me and half a shade too light (next shade up was too dark). Still, it worked.

Packaging is good as it comes with a pump, price is a little high for DS (I paid just under £10 I think) but it is L'Oreal after all. It blends easily on my skin and gave a good medium coverage. It has small golden glimmers in it so is not a matte foundation by any means.

I have normal-combo skin and it oils up quite a bit throughout the day on me, even with primer and setting powder. Upon application is gives a satin finish. It lasts all day but transfers easily onto clothes.

The deal-breaker for me was the breakouts. My skin is pretty clear and the day after I used this only once, I had 3 red pimples on my cheek and 2 on my forehead. Judging from other reviews on here, quite a few people have broke out from this! Perhaps all the silicones, who knows. Either way I will not be repurchasing this.