L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 10/13/2011 1:19:00 AM

This product is alright. It blends in really well, there is a great shade selection, the coverage is medium but buildable to near full, and the price is good. It isn't my favorite though. I find that when I use it, it oxidizes after a couple of hours and it doesn't last that long. I don't have oily skin at all, but I still found this to wear off in patches. So my skin didn't look too even. When I first put it on, I did like it. But I need a foundation to last me at least 8 hrs (which I have a couple that last that plus more) The packaging-- yes, it doesn't have a pump. But that doesnt bother be at all. I don't pour it out anyway, I just put my fingers (clean of course) on the opening, and shake it so that product gets on my fingers. I then blend it on my face. I do that with pretty much all bottled foundation that doesnt have a pump.
But anyway, I probably won't repurchase this. The only time I can see myself doing that is if I ran out of what I have and needed to grab something quick (they sell it at Dollar General where I live)

on 10/10/2011 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

i really like this foundation, it has light to medium coverage, it looks natural on the skin, almost like a tinted moisturizer but covers more. however, the lasting power is not so great on my combination-oily skin, after 5 hours, it starts to fade away from my face. but it's ok i like it anyway.

on 10/9/2011 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really did not care AT ALL for this foundation, it made my skin look ashy and dry but somehow never set. It also extenuated my deep acne scars and fine lines. It was a waste of 10 dollars and my time

on 9/30/2011 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been a fan of this foundation for years. The shade I wear is C1 Alabaster (I've also tried W1 Porcelain and N1 Soft Ivory but they're both too dark/yellowish for my complexion). I like how it lightens my face up even more; it evens everything out really nicely and with little effort. I have very clear skin, and the friend who introduced me to True Match has very acne-prone and -scarred skin, but we both wear the same shade and it works well for both of us.

However, I prefer True Match for heavy/club/dress-up make-up times, as opposed to everyday light/"natural" wear. It is heavy/thick and can become almost mask-/warpaint-like if you're not careful.

Also, be careful to keep the bottle and cap very clean. If you don't it will become very slippery and spill-prone -- I mean even moreso than most liquid foundation.

on 9/29/2011 8:01:00 PM

Seriously, I wanted this to work. I have friends who adore it and I hoped it would be good for me too. And well, yes, I got a good shade that matched my skin tone and it seemed to sit in well with my skin at first! Great coverage!
But as time went by my skin began feeling heavier and heavier, like I wore a mask, and when I looked into the mirror I realized the foundation had started... what to say, "highlighting" all my wrinkles and also disappearing from my nose as if it was too oily. That was very surprising, considering that I have pretty clear normal skin that will become oily only during the summertime. I put on my old foundation from Isadora the next day and it didn't disappear at all, leaving me to the conclusion it wasn't my skin's fault but something with the foundation.
I tried the following weeks to apply it with a different moisture cream beneath, no cream beneath at all, with two different brushes, a bit less foundation, sponge, mixed out with moisture cream, different powder on top and no powder on top at all. Did I get a good result? No. And I live in a cold country, Sweden, which would have good conditions for wearing a foundation since it would melt off as it has a tendency to do in warm weather, but yet it didn't succeed in working well for me. I saved it and used it later in the summer too, just to see how it worked in the summer. Do I need to say it melted and disappeared within four-five hours, just leaving me with "highlighted" wrinkles?
I am happy to see it works for others! For me? Not at all, sadly.

on 9/24/2011 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I do appreciate the range of shades considering it’s a drugstore foundation, and I did find a quite good match. Sadly it clings to my dry spots and it makes me look powdery even without powder. I do believe this foundation could be great for other skin types, sadly it just didn’t work with my skin.

on 9/14/2011 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this is my favorite drugstore foundation thus far. it wears nicely, not heavy or cakey.it produces a beautiful dewy finish on my dry/combo skin.but, unfortunately it does not wear long.annd it's light, runny formula paired with it's lack of a pump makes for a messy product.not only is this not super sanitary, but it also wastes product. but the end product makes me stick with it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product didn't really work well on my combination skin. I really wanted this product to work for me because w6 sun beige really matched my skintone. The finish is a bit weird for me, it looks a tad bit powdery and oily/shiny at the same time. Maybe it was the spf in my moisturizer and in the foundation itself. It also made my pores look gross.. (with or without a primer) This is the first foundation I've ever bought ($9) and the first I've ever used. Kinda disappointed.

on 9/10/2011 3:24:00 AM

Pros:
-Light-medium coverage
-Lots of shades to choose from
-Very easy to blend
-Inexpensive

Cons:
-No pump
-Gets oily and wears off after 8+ hours

I'm on my second bottle already! I use either my fingers or a damp sponge wedge to apply this. And to those who say they get dry patches, maybe you should moisturizer before using.

on 8/28/2011 12:45:00 PM

This slips and slides off my face in about an hour. The color also oxidize and made me look orange by the middle of the day. Gross.

Video Reviews & Tutorials