L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 2/21/2012 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is my go to drugstore foundation. I have tried many others but this one works the best for me. Its definitely a buildable coverage so it would work for a lot of people. One downside is that I wish there were more shades, the shade I use is really close to my skintone but it would be a lot nicer if it had a more pink tone to it.

on 2/19/2012 5:12:00 PM

This product gave my fair skin good coverage. It is not the best thing out there, but I still like it because of my fair skin, the way it glides on, and the lightness. I love the way it felt on my face; it is not heavy at all. I think this product is a bit pricey for the quality though. I do not like the bottle it comes in either. I recommend putting a moisturizer on your face before applying, as this foundation clings to flakes.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I can't find my True Match in this so this was a fail, lol. I like that it's blendable, but it seems to slide right off my face. Too bad because I really like the powder version of this line.

on 2/8/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was pleasantly surprised by the colour selection, it's always welcoming to see a new approach to colour matching. The product on the other hand was so-so, nothing to rave about. Of course keeping in mind foundation reviews have a lot of bias considering the buyers application, their skin regimen and skin type. As someone whose skin is often dehydrated before their morning skin routine (cleansing milk, toner and moisturizer), True Match felt tight and at times caky. I had the best results using a damp sponge but even so, True Match sat on my skin revealing pores (my poor nose) and imperfections. The good things I have to say about the foundation aren't anything special either. Looked fine for a couple of hours before it oxidized (revealing said pores/imperfections), medium to high coverage and a nice selection of colours to peruse through, although even the lightest shade didn't match my cool fair tone. True Match is a pass for me.

on 2/4/2012 10:39:00 PM

I used this foundation when I was in 9th grade, so it's been a while. What I remember is that this foundation was blendable, good color matches, not too orange looking, & didn't make me break out. The staying power was also pretty good. However, this foundation does emphasize on dry spots on your face. I do remember that. If you moisturize well, you shouldn't have any problems. This foundation can get cakey, but that's with most foundations. It's buildable coverage, so you can make this look natural depending on how much you use. I don't remember why I stopped using this, because it wasn't a bad foundation. But, I have used better foundations since then, so I probably won't ever go back to using this. Overall, this is a good quality foundation. But, nothing special. The bottle is also really small, it should be bigger for the price.

I've been using this product for a few months now, and overall I am pretty satisfied with it. My personal pros and cons are as follows. Pros: It is incredibly easy to find a matching shade, I found one that is as pale as I am. I've dropped this bottle several times and it's very durable. Con: It doesn't last very long. If you have very oily skin, beware, because if you get oily and then touch your face, it will wipe right off. However, with the correct usage of powder and oil blotting pads you can prolong the wear.
Aside from the actual foundation itself, I really wish that the coverage was a tiny bit fuller, and that you got more product for the price. Overall, I would recommend this to a friend, but not one with extremely oily skin.

on 1/29/2012 6:51:00 PM

i bought this foundation in one of the lightest shades available (W1) because i can never seem to find a foundation to match my super pale skin. the colour was absolutely perfect and it had a lovely matte finish (for a while, anyway) but towards the end of the day it made my face quite oily and it completely broke me out! i tend to have very clear skin in general but after a week of using this foundation, i had blemishes all over. i'm sad that this product broke me out because the colour and consistency is so nice but no foundation is worth having bad skin.

on 1/25/2012 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I actually don't like this foundation! It becomes cakey sometimes, doesn't last more than a few hours and can slough off if you didn't peel your face or/and use good primer. But I tried worst foundations, too. I think it depends on your skin type. And I noticed a little golden-red sparkles in this foundation which I don't like. I would not buy this product again.

on 1/25/2012 5:49:00 PM

I'm NC30 and wear golden beige. I normally wear luxury brand foundations and recently bought estee lauder DW. However I needed an everyday foundation for work, so didn't want something as heavy as DW or as expensive! I saw this on offer for £6.99 at Superdrugs and thought I'd try it out. Its actually very good. Coverage is medium and matte but a fresh natural smooth matte. It lasted the whole day of work, evened out my skin tone and gave my skin a smooth appearance. I tried nars sheer matte a few days ago and though that was good this actually beats it! Some ppl are saying it made their face oily but if you set it with powder it wouldn't do that. I'm combo skin and I don't feel this makes my skin any oilier. Also maybe it didn't have a pump before or maybe just the UK ones have a pump, but my one has a pump, which is awesome when you're in a hurry in the morning. I like this very much and would recommend.

on 1/21/2012 9:26:00 PM

I was apprehensive about trying this foundation because of the mixed reviews on it. Since it was on sale, I thought why not? My one major peeve with this foundation is that it doesn't have a pump. Getting the perfect amount is a struggle and I always end up having too much. It comes with a decent amount of product, 1 FL. OZ. The color I chose matched my skin tone pretty well. The thing I liked about this foundation is that it looked like my actual skin with medium coverage. When I pair this with my L'oreal Studio Secrets Perfecting Base this lasts up to 14+ hours with no oiliness. Trust me, take this from the girl that usually looks like a grease ball. I found this foundation to be similar to my MAC Pro Longwear Foundation. I'd say if you're on the hunt for a cheap, good quality foundation try this!

Video Reviews & Tutorials