Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 8/13/2009 5:05:00 PM

I used this on my face for 2 weeks, hoping that it would clear my skin up. On the 1st week, my skin looked a little clearer, but with more dryness. On the 2nd week, I brokeout on my cheeks a lot, which normally I don't. This stuff built up in my pores! THIS MADE MY SKIN WORSE!!!!!!!!!

I recently went back to using this product after trying out many other cleansers. If you have sensitive skin then this is the best. It definitely won't take off all your makeup (better as a general cleanser, not makeup remover) so I use this with Ponds' facial towelettes which works fine with me since I usually have to take off waterproof makeup anyway. I really like that it will not make me break out and it does cleanse my skin effectively so that I can execute the rest of my skincare regime like using toner, acne medicine, and moisturizing without feeling like my face is going to break out. The smell is not overwhelming, it just smells like a light soapy smell.

on 8/10/2009 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I originally gave this a ridiculously low rating and review, but I must apologize to my dear Cetaphil and give it the rave review it deserves. When I first began using this I hated everything about it. I thought the smell was awful (I still find it to be a little over the top, but tolerable now) and I hated how it did not give me those soapy bubbles I was so used to seeing when I washed my face with any other facial cleanser. I also experienced more breakouts than ever when using it the first go round, probably because my face NEVER felt clean after each use, but this was also before I discovered the holiness that is the Clarisonic.

I ran out of my Dermalogica and did not want to repurchase seeing as how it began to irritate my skin like mad (my skin has changed on me so many times I can't believe it). I had my Cetaphil stashed away and decided to give it another try, this time using the Clarisonic and OMG am I so absolutely thrilled that I did! I think it is a combination of the Clarisonic and also Cetaphil that helped get rid of my breakouts completely. Cetaphil really is just a light, non irritating, deep cleaning, and perfect solution to my daily routine and I love what it has done for my skin. I've also ended my long quest for a daily moisturizer that won't break me out after finding Cetaphil's daily moisturizer which is unscented and non irritating. Definite HG product that I will continue to use forever.

nothing more than heavily perfumed body wash. i don't have overly sensitive skin, but this stings and drys it out after only one use. it doesn't take off makeup. it doesn't cleanse my skin. it smells disgusting. it's probably the worst product i've ever put on my face.

on 8/5/2009 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Can't stand the smell and I found it very slippery and difficult to rinse off. Gave me flakes on my nose. Though it does take makeup off better than the gentle version, I think I'd much rather massage my face a little longer with the gentle one than use this

on 7/31/2009 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i got this on sale at rite aid for 8 bucks for the 16oz and it cost normallay 11 bucks so what a deal...it's a bit drying and i only use one pump but i use it sometimes 3 times a day since it's sooo hott and muggy here in nyc soo ima lessen my use to 2x and day ... it cleanses well and give me that stingy feeling but that's a good sign i think ? lol i gave it three lippies because i wish the pump can close by twisting it and not pushing it down and then turning it which wastes product and i can't do it simultaneously while pumping out the cleanser since it drips easliy .... but it's good stuff

on 7/29/2009 10:13:00 AM

This is the best cleanser I have ever used HANDS DOWN! It really cleans my face and it takes off my makeup too, which is nice. It is gentle on my skin and it smells nice. If you dont like the smell it will fade soon after you wash it off. :) It helps control my acne and is not drying.Its not very expensive and is sold everywhere! Try it and fall in love!

on 7/28/2009 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I didnt like this cleanser at all, it somewhat left my skin dry and ashy looking. I prefer oil of olay pore re-defining scrub or the oil of olay deep cleansing facial wash with witch hazel which never strips my skin of its oils and leaves my skin radiant.

on 7/27/2009 3:55:00 PM

I don't normally post on here but this cleanser has done such wonders for my skin. I had for the most part nice skin up until my early 20s but from there things got progressively worse and worse. I am now 23 and up until a month ago my skin looked awful. I felt like I had tried everything (from Proactiv, to changing my diet, makeup, face wash, spot treatments, to even drinking vinegar) and nothing worked. I had lost all self confidence and all hope that anything would ever work from me. I had finally made an appointment to go talk to a doctor about Accutane but I saw the reviews on here and thought I would at least give it a try. WOW!! My skin has changed completely and I canceled my doctors appointment! I have hardly ANY acne now and I really cant believe it. I think that if I continue to use this on a regular basis eventually my face will be completely clear and I will seriously NEVER stop using this. My skin is also a lot less oily then it was before. I would recommend this to anyone who has tried other things and not had any luck. You have nothing to loose! Its not expensive and sold almost everywhere. There is a reason dermatologists recommend this!

on 7/17/2009 6:47:00 PM

When I first used this cleanser my face felt dry but now it doesn't. Overall, this is a great cleanser and I like it. It's just a simple cleanser that will get rid of makeup (when used with a wash cloth) dirt & oil. My face feels very soft and clean. I notice my skin looks more even toned and I no longer have random dry patches. I have the largest size pump bottle and bought it for $9.00. I used to spend so much money on facial cleanser and now that I think about it, facial cleansers only sit on your skin for 1-2 minutes....why spend all that money on expensive cleansers. This is a simple cleanser that you can find at any drugstore. This is soon becoming my HG cleanser.