October 25, 2014 | 829 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2004 11:55:00 PM More reviews by birdmadgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

So far so good after a week's use. At 30, I'm cursed with more breakouts than I had 15 years ago. I'm using this mask each night in hopes of warding off more of the little beasts. My existing breakouts seem to be drying up and with the exception of a spot on my chin, I don't seem to be breaking out as much normal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2004 8:17:00 PM More reviews by blooming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works great! I thought it might be too drying, but it's actually perfect for the summer. Has just the right amount of grit, tingles just a bit and when I've got a few extra minutes, I use it as a mask to extra cleanse.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2004 10:47:00 PM More reviews by PaleBaby

I absolutely love this stuff; I'm on my 3rd or 4th bottle, and will continue to purchase it again and again. I've never used an acne cleanser or mask that has been so consistent; I can always rely on this stuff when I feel a break-out coming on, and thanks to it, I hardly ever actually break-out anymore. I use it as a mask about once every 2 weeks or so, and as a cleanser in the shower each day; I don't find it to be too drying, as long as I moisturize afterwards. It's also pretty affordable, and lasts well, as long as you don't use too much at a time, (and you only need a little...) My HG acne treatment!

UPDATE: This stuff is still working miracles for my skin, but it's becoming harder and harder to find! The last bottle I found was at Zellers with the discount items, and it'd been marked down to about 2/3 of the original price. PLEASE tell me Neutrogena isn't discontinuing this product? :*( continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2004 5:44:00 PM More reviews by dontblink15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just tried the sample and all it did was sting and make my face beet red and burning. DON'T USE IT IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2004 1:03:00 AM More reviews by soccrgurl6

a bit drying but definitely gets rid of pimples - not overnight but with continued use. i use as a mask, and like it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2004 11:04:00 AM More reviews by candy15151

I had to give this a 4 because the fragrance is overpowering and too harsh for everyday use (I'm on Retin-A). However, I found that it's kept my blackheads to the minimal and I like the cooling sensation. I found that my combo sensitive skin works great with clay (kaolin) products to deep clean gently, and this product actually didn't overdry my skin (surprise, surprise). Definitely will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2004 9:06:00 PM More reviews by hollerrr

jus bought it... idno will update cuz i jus used it once...did reduce swellig on pimples on forehead and reduce redness...nice tingly cool feeling...i love menthol

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2004 10:23:00 AM More reviews by littlekat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It smells so great (although its an interesting smell that no everyone loves as much as i do!) My favorite thing to do is use it as a spot treatment overnight...clears up those problem area's like magic! Just be careful not to get it on any bright colored clothing, because it will bleach it! Other than that, I highly recommend this stuff :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2004 3:26:00 PM More reviews by eeeee

This is a nice smelling cleanser/mask with a really nice consistency that was easily washed off but :( ... I got a few bumps on some parts of my face as a result of this which I only used as a cleanser.. that said, I'm not giving it a bad review b/c I think the bumps were a result of using this w another BP product which I think caused irritation. If I weren't using the other product (which I'm not ready to let go of just yet) I think this would have worked really nicely for me.
UPDATE: I realized that the BP wasn't the problem.. it's this specific product b/c I use another BP mask product as a spot treatment every night after I tried this one w/ no problems.. I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2004 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Ling

Thank you MUA for recommending this. I was dubious about a cleanser that also acted like a masque, so I just walked right on by. But when an over-rich moisturizer caused my once-always-clear forehead to burst with a zillion tiny zits, I was desperate. For months, I slathered on Neutrogena On-The-Spot treatment (2.5% BP), OoO Daily Renewal Beta Hydroxy Cream (with BHAs), tried washing with Dove soap...and still had a million tiny zits on my forehead, and a couple ever-present huge pimples on my chin and jawline. Oh the agony!

Cut to me buying this product. Oh sweet Neutrogena, how could I have doubted you? Within one night, after using it as a cleanser before I went to bed, I woke up and saw a noticeable difference in my forehead a chin - the zits were still there, but there was less of them, and they were smaller. I continued using this as a nighttime cleanser for a week, but nothing else really noticeable happened to my skin - the smaller, less numerous zits were still there. Not good enough for me! So I decided to use this twice a day as a cleanser, even though it may be too harsh (since it has 3.5 BP). Lo and behold, after 2 days of using it twice a day, my zits are completely gone. Completely. My forehead is totally smooth, and I don't have one single pimple on my chin or jaw. Every morning, when I apply concealor, I search my face for places to pat it on, but I can't find any, since I don't have any more pimples. So amazing. It didn't turn my sensitive, pale and pink-cheeked face red or itchy. I also don't use any other nightime acne cream, so I know that I have only this cleanser to thank - and I haven't even used it as a masque yet!

I recommend leaving it on as a cleanser for a minute or two every time you use it, and use a moisturizer before you go to bed, because this can be slightly drying.