July 28, 2014 | 1347 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2007 10:59:00 AM More reviews by politicalpundit

This soap is good, I grew up using it. It lathers well and is moisturizing. However I don't like the fact that I run out of it so fast, 2 weeks. I'm going to be trying out more expensive soaps out now, I like nice bath products and that is one arena I have yet to explore.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2007 6:06:00 AM More reviews by ilovelomos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love love love love the smell of this soap. I can't say it enough. I love showering because I love the rich lather and the way it rinses clean with just a hint of moisture.

I haven't used this on my face, I strictly use this on my body. I like to spray perfume on my skin right after I shower with Dove because the perfume smells so much better (if you like soapy scents, then this will work for you). I have also used perfumes I don't like as much over a Dove scented body and I swear I've decided to keep a lot of my old perfumes. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by msgrape

After years of searching for my HG cleanser and $$$ spent, I went back into my medicine cabinet and found this white bar of soap still in its box. I just love the smell of this soap and the way it makes my face feel so clean. I have been using this for a few months and still love it. I think this is the least expensive cleansing product I have purchased and the happiest I have been and my face is glowing! Try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2007 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Possummama

Just keep coming back to this staple. This is one of the very few products that doesn't make my normal-combination skin freak out and go zitty. Smells good, feels good, and kills 2 birds with one stone as I can use it on both face and body. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by MarkBuehrlesGirl56

Ladies,
after reading ur reviews on this Bar. I had to get it and WOW-wee.......I LOVE IT TOO <333333. Talk about an amazing feel like lotion in the shower and that magnificent scent..golly gracious...I Love it!!!!!! I went out and bought The Dove Exfoliating Body Wash along with the Dove Nutrieum Body Bar. That white Bar is heaven, I can indulge in that thing all day. At first my skin reacted to it since I always use Shower GELS and not Bars and now my skin is peachy fine. THANK YOU GIRLS FOR INTROUDUCING ME TO THIS BAR!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK AND I LOVE YOU MUCH FOR IT :) I AM SERIOUSLY ONE HAPPY GIRLY, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! :) I will be re-purchasing this piece of heaven again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

I've used this soap since I was a child. The scent is subtle but dinstinctive to Dove and it reminds me of my grandmother. I have very sensitive skin and this is truly the only soap I can use on my face and not have a reaction to. I've used various products in the past but run into the same problem with a reaction on my face from either fragrance or ingredients. Dove soap is moisturising enough to use as a shave soap if you run out of shave cream. I love this product and I'm now the third generation of women to use it in my family. Truly an economical staple beauty product. I would be lost if they ever stopped making it! My husband uses it as well cause he says the smell reminds him of me (kind of sweet in a way).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2007 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Ava79

Its a soap and as far as soaps go its pretty moisturising. However nothing brilliant. But then i prefer showergels. It does have a really nice fresh scent and is good value for money

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by 1annasroundhere

I have used many of Dove's products in recent years, especially their Nutrium bath bar. I have very sensitive, somewhat dry, very breakout prone skin, and it is difficult to find something to keep me blemish-free while not drying me out. I have used TONS of products, from Neutrogena to Dermalogica to ReVive and La Prairie, and still have not found one that creates that careful balance. After reading the reviews for this product that has literally been around forever, I was hopeful. Long story short, it dried my skin to a itchy, flaky pulp. The scent is great (very comforting) and it does a decent job on my body, but for the face, not such a good idea. Not sure if it made me break out even more or get rid of breakouts, but it definately did not keep the moisture in balance. Worth a shot, but not a 2nd chance :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Years have gone by, lots of body washes, shower gels and other "moisturizing" bars have entered the market. But, in my opinion, none of them can compare to Dove Beauty Bar. It is second to none. While I would not think of using this on my face given I have oily facial skin that can be acne-prone, this stuff is exceptional and the moisture lasts all day long on me. And the fragarance should be bottled and sold! I am still puzzled & amazed that Dove will not use this scent in the lotions they have put on the market...Anyway, Dove Beauty Bar is an extremely affordable luxury in my opinion -- a spa in a box for less than a $1 per bar...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by ooohsparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had used lots of body washes and "nice smelling" products in the shower before. When going to a derm for acne he reccomend I try this. I didn't like it on my face, but I LOVE it as a body cleanser. I'm finding my skin to be more and more sensitive. This does a great job at cleaning, no breakouts on my back (only a couple if i ever had any), and moisturizes!!
I will continue to buy this and perhaps try the sensitive skin bar since i have a couple lying around as well!