Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/22/2012 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well I love the cool tones. I wish there were more matte tones there are only 2 true matte tones. The colors are pigmented but, no they aren't highly pigmented. I still prefer mac eye shadows to urban decay shadows. They are all for the most part extremely shimmery. I hate the black I think I've been spoiled by MAC's Carbon (HG of black shadows). Also the black fell right out of the palette already! So frustrating. And it never closes all the way! Great packaging looks wise but, AWFUL when it comes to functionality. Also this is about 50 bucks for about 12 shades...

I won't buy this again simply because I will never need all of those shades. For the most part they are so extremely similar and I only use about 6 of the shades regularly. I think I'd be better off with making a palette with MAC...

on 5/22/2012 10:54:00 AM

I love the packaging and I actually really like the brush, but the e/s itself... well, I'm a little disappointed. I love the colors. This is my first higher end cosmetics purchase and I was hoping that the shadow would be better. I find that by the end of the day, the colors sort of all blend together into one color. I do get some creasing occasionally. I don't experience that with some of my drugstore e/s, and I feel as though the price of this pallet warrants being able to wear it without having to use a primer.

EDIT: I returned this. It just creases and blurs too much and I can't justify spending more money on a primer when I can get DS e/s that lasts better and longer for 1/3 of the price.

I do like the texture of this e/s, and you can get a good color payout with just one swipe of the brush. I do have to do this before my foundation bc of the fallout on my cheeks, which I suppose it a trade up for the nice texture. Again though, I don't experience this with some of my drugstore e/s.

The main reason I bought this was for the matte black color- it's fantastically opaque and no hint of shimmer or sparkle, which I appreciate. I like Pistol, Bootycall, Tease, and Busted the best. Busted is prob my favorite.

Overall, I don't feel the quality of the e/s is better than many drugstore e/s. However, I like the colors and I like the packaging, and I appreciate the brush that came with it. 3 lippies from me. Won't repurchase though.

on 5/20/2012 11:13:00 PM

LOVE it! the shadows are so rich and highly pigmented. they look beautiful all day long. my personal favorite is YDK, but they are all gorgeous. this is a must own for everyone, no matter what your skin tone, eye color, etc. are. buy this...you won't regret it!!

on 5/20/2012 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING. This product is 110% worth the money! i will continue to repurchase this product over and over and over. I have both the original NP and NP2. I was skeptical at first to buy this because i was so in love with the first naked palette and everybody said the first had "warmer" colors and im tan so i didn't think naked2 was going to be for me. Surprisingly i think i might even like the second one better than my first. Anyways i love both palettes but this is for sure worth buying! :)

on 5/20/2012 10:45:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have to say that the colors on this palette are AMAZING! They give you a wonderful selection of shade that are matte and shimmery which allows me to create amazing patterns on my eyes with every outfit I wear. I will say that I wish it had more of each shadow being that it is pricey, but I will buy this again because it is HG material for me! =)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing. I am a happy owner of the original Naked, and when announcements about this new one were released, I prepared to buy it. I got it for Christmas, and having used it for about five months now, I can say that I am extremely happy with it. The colors are sensational, even for extremely pale skin like my own. I am obsessed with neutral eyeshadows, and these are great for any kind of makeup look. The price may bum some people out, but honestly you're still getting an incredible deal if you figure how much you're paying for a palette of full sized eyeshadows. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!

on 5/19/2012 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have to admit that at first I had no desire to own this product. I thought it was pointless since I already owned the original Naked palette. One day when I was merrily enjoying my time at Ulta with my best friend, I ran into the Naked 2. I decided to at least look at it in person and swatch some colors. I first swatched YDK and fell in love with that shade. Then I swatched about two more and thought to myself, "I would buy this palette if I had more incentive." I had on me a $20 gift card from my boyfriend but it still wasn't worth it to me. My best friend told me when I said out loud that I was thinking about buying just the YDK shadow that he was going to give me $20 for my birthday too. That was the incentive I needed. I ended up only spending like $15 of my own dollars. I'm glad I did get it because I actually do LOVE this palette just as much as the original one, or maybe even more. I regret bashing it as much as I did. The eyeshadows are so smooth and velvety. They last a little bit longer than the ones from the Naked palette. I don't think the shadows from Naked 2 have ever creased on me, and that includes the night where I was too tired to wipe off my makeup. It's definitely got more of a taupe feel to it rather than a bronze feel as the first one has.

Pros:
everything
Cons:
the price- It's actually not too bad if you'll use the hell out of three or more shadows. Each shadow on its own costs about $20. It's just logical to buy the palette
packaging- it's annoying to close every once in a while

on 5/18/2012 12:17:00 PM

I am a MU junkie, especially eyeshadow. I have the original UD Naked, and of course had to get this as well.

I wish I could combine the ones I like from each palette into my own palette.

That being said, I really like this palette- probably a smidge more than the original. I go to this almost every day, and if not this then it's the original Naked.

I do like Naked 2 packaging much better, but totally hate the brush, I'd rather have the old eyeliner (but they're not doing that at all anymore).

All in all, I'll buy this again, even though when I do have to repurchase some eye shadows I won't even have touched.

on 5/16/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I am someone who is a makeup junkie but has only recently started dipping my toe into high end makeup. I had been dying over this palette on the internet for months, but couldn't convince myself to buy something like eyeshadow for $50.

Finally, I couldn't just look at swatches anymore.

After buying the Naked 2 palette from Ulta, I understand why someone would pay $50 for an eyeshadow palette. It comes with 12 full sized shadows with matte and shimmer finishes. The shadows are so, so, so smooth and blendable. Not only that, but being a neutral palette, there are an unlimited amount of combinations and looks to try. Browns have never been so exciting (except, perhaps, in the original Naked palette that I do not own). You can create very wearable day time looks as well as dramatic, sexy night time looks.

The packaging is sturdy and secure. Some might say it is a little big to travel with, but I beg to differ. It feels like it could last through shuffling around in a luggage bag (and it has).

My only trouble is that a few of the colors, Snakebite, YDK, and Busted, have fallout. I still give the palette a 5/5 because I expect that with ANY eyeshadow, and if there isn't any fallout, its just a plus.

I absolutely love this palette. Its been a few months and I'm still coming up with new looks to try. The palette excels because of its endless versatility and fool proof colors.

I would recommend this to anyone. ANYONE.

I am going to try the original Naked palette, next.

on 5/15/2012 3:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh boy, this is going to be long. Pardon.
This palette is: Shimmery, a great value, and full of light "neutrals" (the use of the word neutral is controversal) but still has a few good and necessary dark shades.
In comparison to the first Naked palette, which I don't own but my friend does and I see/play with it, this palette is lighter. It gave me many beautiful lid colors, whereas the first Naked palette gives a rather equal amount of smokey shades and day to day lid colors. Because I'm into ultra neutral and subtle make up, the "lightness" of the colors in Naked 2 makes this palette wearable for me. If you are one who loves to smoke out your shadows all the time and want a palette better for that, go with the first Naked. This palette will allow you to smoke out your shadows, no doubt, but not with the same variety the first Naked allows.
People tend to say the colors in Naked 2 are "cool toned" in comparison to the first. Kind of, but this is not to say that warm skinned people cannot pull it off - however, if you know you do not like or reach for cool toned shadows (grey, silver, cool-toned browns) this may not be your best bet.
In regards to the extras that come with the palette: The brush is okay. I wish it wasn't double ended, but whatever. The shadow end is more like a concealer brush to me and it doesn't pack on color well. You have to really dig it into the eyeshadow. The blending side is lovely, but I find it rather big. The lip gloss is amazing and goes well with the eyeshadow looks you'll get from this palette.
The eyeshadow quality is amazing as well, and I don't get fallout from the glittery shades, but I'm careful to always pat those on well (Chopper and YDK).
I've found use for each eyeshadow except Foxy and Blackout, two shades which I recognize are probably the most versatile in the palette. I just have no use for black eyeshadow, but Blackout is good quality. Foxy doesn't really show up well as a highlight on my NC25 skin, but I suppose I could use it to blend out some colors.

I'll write about some of my favorites in this palette:
Bootycall is an amazing inner corner highlight! I love it and it's the best I've found so far.
Verve is simply gorgeous and it's a really complex eggshell gray-ish color. It really opens up the eye in the inner corner.
Snakebite is a great day time crease color.
Chopper is a copper with silver glitter. Really pretty color, just wish it wasn't as glittery as it is.
Suspect, on my skin tone (NC25), is a nude shimmer that is extremely subtle. Nearly invisible.
YDK is between a shimmer and glitter. It's metallic I guess, and an *extremely* light reflective (like, dazzling), beautiful taupe with purple undertones.
Love this palette to the point where it stuns me that some people hate it.

Update (2 yrs later):
I don't use this nearly as much as I used to! My eyeshadow tastes changed and I found this palette too ...sparkly to give me the kind of variety I want. I also tend to go for much, much warmer shadows nowadays.
Still great Urban Decay quality but wish it had more than 3 mattes (though those mattes are fantastic).

Popular Palettes