Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/9/2012 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I got this product from my best friend for my birthday and I could not believe it since the price is very expensive. I use this palette pretty much every day and its perfect! I just use the brush that comes with it so its super easy and quick. the packaging is a bit starnge since the lid part is really stiff but its not an issue. This palette is going to last me forever and I LOVE it!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like the warm colors on the naked palette better. I have a hard time getting different looks using just the naked 2. I am NC 25/30 asian and I find the colors too cool and there is not enough darker colors for outer corners.

on 6/5/2012 1:16:00 AM

This product definitely epitomizes the term "Naked". The pigments presented in this palette are natural looking, and this palette definitely gives you versatile options to use during the day or night.

I've had this palette since it first came out, and I have been trying to make comparisons with this palette and the original Naked. Between the two, I would say they both are different in their own way, but I would definitely purchase this over the original if I had to choose. Why? Because I love the warm and neutral tones this palette presents, and each color complements the next.

Most of the pigments are glittery, except for "Foxy" and "Tease".

Price- Good price for 12 full sized shadows, although unlike say the inglot freedom system where you pick your own shadows your not going to like them all. But even of you only love half it's still a good price. 4/5
Packaging- much improved in my opinion from the naked1 palette, the tin case doesn't get as dirty in your handbag and the mirror is perfect for touch ups! It's also easy to pop in your bag unlike the book of shadows! 5/5
Shadows- you can tell your favourite eyeshadows by which hits the pan! I've hit the pan on the following shadows
Bootycall -great highlighter! Kind of yellow based but still works on cool skin tones.
tease- I've used this the most, I mostly use it in my crease doing natural looks
Suspect- a pale pinky shimmery brown, great pigmentation
I haven't hit pan on blackout as I have an abundance of blacks as they seem to come with every urban decay palette and I own lots, but it is a great black, good pigmentation and soo dark ! My other favourites are Busted, snakebite and foxy,
The ones I don't like are chopper which is similar to half baked (which I have about 10 of along with gunmetal...) but more orange and contains GLITTER! Which of course falls on your face and you end up looking like an extra from twilight, ydk also has fallout but not as much. The others all have excellent pigmentation! 4/5
Overall- I love this and bring it with me in my bag everyday, I would have given it 5/5 if there wasn't so much fallout on the glittery shades, I'd also like if they had more mattes ! I would recommend this product and would repurchase if I ever needed to and naked 3 wasn't out by then!

on 6/1/2012 9:19:00 AM

As a fan of the original Naked palette, I was ecstatic to try this out when I could finally order it online after it being sold out time after time. Unfortunately, whilst the quality of the shadows are, as expected, wonderful, the colour combinations are just too frosty for my NC25 skintone, and washes me out if I don't include some warmer colours from the original Naked palette also. I wanted so much to love this palette as the packaging is arguably much more practical, however if I had a choice between the two the original Naked palette is much more suited to me personally.

I can see this working wonderfully for other skintones however, but very light skintones may become washed out by this palette. I definitely can see other UD fans loving this palette, but would suggest before buying to swatch and see if the colours suit you.

I love the colour blackout for a killer smokey eye though!

on 5/29/2012 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this palette but I couldn't give it a five star like I would the original Naked palette. When I recieved the original Naked palette as a gift I was thrilled. I had been wanting to purchase it for a very,very long time ut was so skeptical because of the price tag. I fell in love with the original naked palette immediately, the colors were so unique and gorgeous. I assumed that the Naked 2 palette would also be more unique and more beautiful than the first because it was a spin off so to speak. Boy was I wrong. Don't get me wrong the colors are really pretty but I just don't see myself reaching for it as much as I do the original Naked palette. I like that the packaging is tin because it is easier to clean but I just feel like UD didn't put a lot of time and thought into this palette because it would sell so quickly and so well due to the fact that it is a spin off palette. I could see myself buying a few of the colors individually but just not as a palette again. I wanted so badly to love the Naked 2 palette.

Pros:
The shadows are pigmented
One of the darkest blacks I have ever seen in shadow form is in the palette. (blackout.)
The mirror is bigger than the original Naked palette.

Cons:
I do not like how UD put a shadow from the original Naked palette in the Naked 2 palette.
I just don't think the colors were well thought out.
It is more exspensive than the orignal Naked palette.

Overall I give the palette 3 lippies. I use it on occasion, but not enought for me to want to re-purchase it when I run out.

on 5/28/2012 1:30:00 PM

As a fan of the first Naked Palette, I was really excited to try this out. I wasn't disappointed! I love the cooler tones in this one, and I liked the more durable packaging. Also liked the brush that came with this one better. The only reason this product doesn't get a 5 is because of the repeat of one of the colors (half baked I think?).

i love the shades in this, super pretty! and i also like the tin packaging

on 5/25/2012 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

OMG LOVE THIS PALETTE! so much better than the first one! first off, the case is so much more protective. secondly, you get a free lipgloss. Thirdly, you get such a nice brush instead of the zero/bourbon eyeliner that they originally packaged with the first few naked1 palettes. And last but certainly the best part....more variety of shades! way more cool tones for fair skin, but also warm tones for darker skin. Also more matte colors which i sometimes like having the option of. Favorite Palette ever!

on 5/24/2012 10:59:00 PM

Shadows had a ridiculous amount of fall out plus some colors are very similar and I dropped this ya'll and it broke like a b* even though it has hard material as packaging..

Popular Palettes