July 28, 2014 | 2169 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by antynette

I love this palette, i didn't want to buy the original naked because of the pros that the packaging had as well as the fact that the first one had a lot of dark colours and I didn't think that I'd be able to wear this everyday if all I had to work with was a smokey eye.
When I got the palette I believe it exceeded my expectations, not only was it great for everyday wear I could use the light colours for the day and play the same look up for night without taking off anything. Another is the pigmentation. Even to swatch the colours needs only a light touch. Half baked is my favourite by far. There is a little shimmer fall out which I expected, but not much. It's a great palette, I've had it for 2 weeks and have used it every day since. I will repurchase this if I hit pan on all of them before I find another HG item, I don't think I will considering they are so pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by sophrowland

After reading reviews for several months, i was deciding whether to get the first or the second naked palette, as i don't own any. Knowing i was going to get both eventually, i got the naked 2 palette & i absolutely love it! The shadows are so pigmented & it is packed so amazing, i love how you can easily read the names of each eyeshadows. As some people may think the palette is a bit pricey, it is a good deal, rather than, if you bought the eyeshadows individually. I can't say enough good things about this palette & i'm excited about getting the first one, which i missed out on, as i love this one so much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by malston81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw the hype for the first one but for some reason it didnt really interest me but when i saw some yt videos about the 2nd one it got me a bit interested so i finally decided to buy with an exchange i had so i really didnt have to pay full price. But i really like it, the eyeshadows are nice for a neutral daytime look or a bold going out look. Every nice & i like the packaging. I dont know if i would buy it again bcuz it seems like it will last for awhile & its a bit pricy for $50.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

As much as I love the first Naked palette, I love this one better! I have experimented with different looks from my Naked 2 palette for over two weeks now and am convinced that this is the winner, hands down. You guys have done such a fantastic job describing the the colors, so I won't go into detail about color descriptions except to say that my favorite color in the whole palette is YDK with Verve running a close second. YDK is in the running now as my HG e/s of all time along with MAC's Vex because it can be worn alone or mixed and matched with other colors for endless color variations that look smoldering. Blackout is the truest, fiercest black e/s I have ever seen! I really like the double sided e/s brush that comes with it and the tin case that it comes in better than the felt case in the first palette. I also like the larger mirror in this palette compared to the first one. I don't really care for the lip gloss that is included and would rather have a mini primer potion instead. I also wish that a different color would have taken the place of Half Baked since it is in Naked 1 palette. Even with these qualms though, I am still giving this 5 lippies because of the buttery, silky smooth pigmented texture and staying power of the shadows, not to mention the amazing array of colors. The different e/s looks with this palette are endless! Buy it. You won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by AMWord

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS!! I use it every single day, I love the pigments, it's lasting power, and how it blends easily. Also, very little fall out. I would buy this over and over and over again. I'm debating on getting the original.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by NovelTwist

I do have Naked 1, and I would say I'm pretty warm/yellow toned nc25/30. Even though Naked 1 is much warmer (bronze, golds) Naked 2 is by far my favorite. This is because I find Naked 1 to have too many dark muddy shadows that look the same to me on my lids. Whereas Naked 2 has much lighter, nude shades that can be used all over lid for a more natural look. There are more taupes and a few grey toned silvers and gunmetals. My favorite shades are suspect, tease, foxy, and ydk. I would have prefered a primer potion instead of the lip gloss (which is pretty much clear on my medium pigmented lips) and I'm not a fan of the brush. The blending side is a bit too long and thing, and the shader side is too small and stiff. The synthetic hairs just aren't as good at picking up and depositing shadow as natural hair. But I didn't buy the palette for those extras..I love the Naked 2 palette!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by paintedtoes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a personal review as this works for others. I'm NW20 with dark brown hair and greenish-hazel eyes, age 64. As much as I played with the pallet I ended up with a muddy looking eye and could not blend the colors properly, which even though I am cool-toned does not happen with NP1. I returned it.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am cool toned and like this much better than the first Naked. If they had come out at the same time I would not have bought the first and just gone with this one, though there are colors that I use a lot in the first that aren't in the second (Buck). I will say I am very glad to have both, even though no one NEEDS them together. YDK, Verve, and Pistol are my favorites.
The packaging and mirror are SO MUCH BETTER. If I had to (and I've had to) do my face in a compact mirror (because the 1 bathroom on vacation was being hogged by someone else, say) I could totally do it. It's a nice feeling. Naked 1 and the Ammo palates are flat out crummy and cheap feeling compared to this. It feels like it was worth 50 bucks when its being held in your hand!
The lip gloss and brush are nothing special, but useable. If you drop a bunch of money on a eyeshadow, chances are probably good you have brushes that are much better than these. I liked the brush in the first one better, but didn't need that one either. Like other people have said, I'd much rather go without the lip gloss and brush for a cheaper price.
Hustle and Busted are the exact same thing, from what I can tell, and it literally makes me mad that Half Baked is in there twice. I wished they did another couple greigy shadow like Pistol instead of those instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really disliked this palette. I have the original palette, which I enjoy but rarely use. I prefer MAC shadows for their pigmentation and smoother texture. However, this palette had so many great reviews that I thought I would use it way more than the original palette. I have light tan skin with cool olive undertones and frankly I don't think that one palette worked better than the other for my coloring- as long as I have concealer around my eye area to even out my skin tone, there's no washed out effect. My issue with this second palette was the quality of the shadows- they were so crumbly!! not all, but the main 3 shimmery colors I was most excited about were. I've never had so much sparkle on my cheeks from chunks of glitter falling off. I expected shimmer, these were chunks! and the glitter factor was much more evident than any color pigmentation. Aside from this, most shades looked like lid colors. I prefer more complex eye looks, not just one wash across my lids, so I need shades that can work for the lid, overall crease, outer-v crease, and highlight. the original palette has more of this. I think I would have adored this palette as a teen bc I liked simpler looks focusing on the lid and I didn't realize shadow came in better quality. Needless to say, I returned this the day after it arrived in the mail!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a collector and an UD fan but I keep passing on this palette. I dislike the repeat eyeshadows:

Half Baked - BOS2 and Naked1
Chopper - BOS1
Suspect - BOS3
YDK - BOS2
Blackout -another UD matte black? I can't take it! I'm swimming in them!

Tease had very little pigmentation for my liking. Ok so that is 6 shadows that get a thumbs down. That's why I pass every time.