October 25, 2014 | 1873 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So. Naked 2. To get the first point of the way, yes, you can own this if you own Naked 1. There is definitely a variety of colors between these two pallettes. To get to the second point, which should you buy if you are deciding between the two? Cool tones should go with this one, warm tones with Naked one seems like obvious answer. But in my opinion, I prefer having both. In all honesty, the darker colors on 2 seem more suited to cooler colors, and the lighter colors seem more suited to warm tones. If you are to look at the two glittery shades, Sidecar in one is actually cooler than Chopper which is in 2. Virgin in one is cooler on my skin than Bootycall or Foxy in Two. Both contain Half Baked, which is probably my biggest issue with Naked 2, but point being, it is a warm color. Busted is very similar to a Naked one color, and in my opinion pulls warm. The matte midtoned shade is cooler in Naked 2, and the darker shades pull cooler as well. I really prefer the end to the right of Naked 2. Verve and Pistol were the greys that I was really wanting in the first Naked, and Suspect and Snakebite are beautiful browns that thankfully do not pull orange on me. Blackout is the blackest eyeshadow I own and since it is blendable, it is easy to work with. Now if I had to choose one for an over night trip, I would choose Naked 2 personally because I prefer mid tone or darker colors usually. But I wish there were a way to take the colors I really like from One (Sin, Smog, Virgin, Naked, Sidecar) and replace some of the lighter warmer colors in Two and leave out Busted.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by ferisita

I have so many mixed emotions with this palette. It is a nice great value for your money considering that you get 12 eyeshadows, a double end brush and a really nice gloss.
The quality of the shadows is great, i find them all to be very pigmented and to have a great staying power. My favorites are suspect, foxy, bootycall and blackout. But i think that this is not one of those all you need in one palette. Maybe I have not been very creative, but I don't find many ways in which I could combine this colors in just one great look and I often find myself using just one color from this and many others from different palettes to do my makeup.
With the original naked palette I don't need any other shadow to create a look.
So I think the original is better, and with both you can do almost any neutral look. Where I live we don't have return policy, but f we did had surely i wpuld return this.

I'm not bashing on this, but for me it has a lot of all over lid colors and very few crease colors.

I would recommend this for anyone who likes shimmery, silvery taupes and browns, but if you want an all in one palette definitely go for the original one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Add this to my list of overrated products, alongside Nars Orgasm. What is it with people and shimmer?

I didn't expect to like ALL the shadows, but I was hoping I would find more than just two of them useful. I have hooded eyes, so my main objective in shadows are finding the right shades for the crease. I only use matte shades in my crease, and Tease is nothing more than a blending shade for me. Too light to be the actual crease color. Foxy & Bootycall are highlighters, Blackout is obviously the multi-use black, and the rest are simply lid colors for me. I don't need that many lid colors.

The problem with palettes is that I always feel like I need to use all of them just to make it worth it. So every other day, I use a different color on my lid. That's nice, now what about my crease area? As nice as it was to have all those different lid shades, I don't want to pay $50 for all of them.

As for lasting power, I didn't notice that these lasted any long than a cheap shadow on my lid (less than 6 hours). I did not use primer, but my philosophy is, if I'm going to pay that much for shadow I shouldn't need it.

This palette is ideal for you if you're into shimmer and you look experimenting with different shades of shiny neutrals. Not ideal if you like matte or if you only like one or two of these shades.

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So, I bought this on a whim about a week ago. I needed some powder, and if I spent another 10 I would get 5 off. So I spent 36 on this instead. I justified it by thinking each individual shadow is 13 in the UK, so I am actually SAVING 120. I know, pretty tenuous!
Anyhow, as I haven't had this long, I haven't used all of the colours. I have used the majority, but not the darkest colours as of yet. BUT...I love it. Absolutely love it. Every colour is beautiful - highly pigmented, creamy textured, and easy to apply. I don't get fallout either which is a plus.
The colours just seem to be perfect for my skin tone and eyes - cool and hazel. Tease in particular is a beautiful greyish, purplish colour which is just lovely in the crease or under the eye. It really brings out the green in my eyes.
I also really like the brush, and use it for application. I use another brush to blend. The lipgloss I also really like, and I generally don't use glosses. This one has just enough of a warm tone to it to nicely balance a cool eye.
I'm off work on maternity leave right now, so don't have a lot of need to experiment or wear make up. I just like looking at this palette though, it's so pretty.
I have marked this as dirt cheap, as it works out at 3 per shadow, which is an excellent price - although the initial outlay is pretty high. I would buy this again and again, and in fact might get one for my sister for her birthday. This could well be my HG shadow palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like 2 soooo much better than the original! My complaints about the first naked palette were: Not enough matte shades, and too many warm tones that didnt really work for cool skin. The Naked 2 fixed both problems. For me, the shades in this palette are much more wearable; More taupes and greys, instead of several versions of bronze. I also did not have a shade in the first naked pallette that I could use on my browbone or to blend, that was similar to my skintone and more matte (something like MAC's brule). It sucked to have a huge pallette and still need other eyeshadows. The shade Foxy in the naked 2 solved that problem too. This pallette is more useful and versatile. I love the shades Suspect & Pistol! I quite like the packaging, although I think I prefer the packaging of the original better. I also find the dual ended brush better quality and more usable than the brush that came with the original, and I like getting a lipgloss instead of primer, as I already have the UD primer. If I had to choose only one, I would definitely recommend naked 2.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

I am just not into a ton of shimmer in my eyeshadow. Even with a few mattes mixed in, this palette was just too shimmery for me. The variety of colors and texture of the product was nice though. Maybe they will come out with a palette this size with more mattes/satin shadows......

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I skipped the original Naked palette. When it came out, my idea of neutral was the UD Ammo Shadow Box and was more about bright colors. Eventually, I thought I would try neutrals using the inexpensive NYX Champagne and Caviar and Smokey Eye palettes. I came to love the ease of neutrals and these became my everyday staples.

Lately I've gotten into getting more professional palettes by Ben Nye such as the Grande Lumiere (the gold standard for shimmery bright color) and the Essential Eye Palette (very basic matte neutrals). I was using my Nyx palettes as my shimmer neutrals but the quality just wasn't on par with Ben Nye and Ben Nye doesn't make anything like that.

I decided to pick up one of the Naked palette because shimmery neutrals are UD's specialty and both of the palettes supply a wide range of them. When I saw the Naked 2 palette I felt I would get more use of to the colors it had to offer than those of Naked 1. Even though I lean pretty warm, I like greys and taupes more than golds. I like that it has a few mattes. It would be nice if it had some more mattes to make this a more well rounded palette, but thats not really UD's thing and I have my Ben Nye Palette for that...I think I've given up on having one palette be the end all be all for my eyeshadow. That said if I could only take one with me on a trip or something, this would be it.

I love the packaging and the giant mirror. The brush isn't bad. While the larger side isn't good for depositing color, it makes a pretty decent blending brush and the the smaller side will work for details such as shaping the outer v and putting product on the lower lid.

The lipgloss is a nice bonus, too. Pretty everyday color with a lot of shine.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by blackbirdxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have mixed emotions when it comes to the Naked 2. It is without a doubt, a great palette. I feel that the packaging has much improved making it great for travel, the mirror is nice and big, and it just feel substancial and heavy which for an odd ball like me gives me peace of mind for spending the money. The colors are very nice, lots of cool toned shimmer and a nice variety for creating different "natural" looks. I don't find however that there are many stand-out, can't live without it, colors-- which is kind of sad. Contrary to other reviews here, I really loved the lip junkie it came with and it actually prompted me to buy the full-size so I could keep the baby one in my purse. The brush was a nice surprise and I find myself reaching for the fluffy side as a back-up blending brush quite often. Overall, I do really like this palette but I haven't used it too much yet. I still find that I am constantly reaching for my Too Faced Natural Eye way more often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been struggling with how to review this palette for a while now. Because while I think the shadows are the same amazing quality as all Urban Decay shadows, and there are many lovely colors in this palette, I had to return it. And that decision took me a while to make, too!

I have the first Naked palette, and use it almost every day. I really wanted Naked 2,and ordered it as soon as Sephora had it. I was so happy when it came, the colors in the palette looked so pretty, and I like the packaging. But these colors don't work for me. I tried many different ways of combining them and wearing them,and I looked bad in most all of them. I did really like Tease, and YDK was pretty nice, too. But all in all, this palette really didn't suit my coloring.

The brush is surprisingly nice. The lipgloss looked pretty in the tube, but I found it lacking in pigment.

So while it didn't work out for me and I ultimately sent it back, it was not a fault of the product or a lack of quality. It just seems to be more suited for cooler toned people.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow. I have mixed emotions about this palette. I had been hemming and hawing over the original Naked palette and the couple of times I was actually going to purchase it, Sephora was out of it as well as Ulta. I kind of gave it a shrug because so many of the reviews for the first Naked were that it was geared toward warmer complexions and I'm cooler. Then came Naked 2. I was kind of on the fence about it but really liked the colors of the shadows. Another customer at Ulta raved so much about this collection that I buckled under and purchased it.
I really like it. A lot. However, I'm not in love with it. While the palette is considered neutral--a quality I absolutely love because I'm really not about color on my eyes. I also like the fact that there is a decent selection of mattes, shimmers, and hues of neutrals. At my age, I'm not about the shimmer anymore, but I do like to highlight right under my brow every now and then (especially in the evening) with a slight shimmer. In addition, I like the texture and the quality of the black shadow. It lines very nicely and stays put. The case is also a plus--sturdy for travel. The double-ended brush that comes with the palette is also surprisingly decent. The lipgloss that came with it--well, I threw it out. I didn't get it--if this palette is a "cooler" palette then why place a warmer-toned gloss--way to "orangey" for this pale gal.
What stopped me from giving this a 5-lipstick, HG sort of status? The palette lacked a "to-die-for" shadow. I'll tell you, my Too-Faced Naked palette has the beautiful "Like a Virgin" shadow. That one shadow has become my all-time favorite. I have two palettes with that one shadow contained and I have hit that teeny-weeny pan with both shadows. I only wish the Too-faced guys would produce a single "Like a Virgin" shadow--my eye life would be complete. Anyway, back to UD Naked 2--there is no showstopper shadow that has been incorporated into this palette. Is it worth the $50.00? Considering what you get--yeah--it is. (with the exception of that dopey lip gloss, it is) Am I sorry I purchased it? Absolutely not. Because of the neutrality (is that a word???) of the palette, I'll get good use of it and because it is packaged so it will travel well, I will get good use of it. Would I purchase this item again? In all honesty--no. If there was one shadow that I would use constantly, I would have to vote yes--but it lacks that one item.
Overall, I do recommend this palette, but in a 4-lipstick way--not a HG way. Thank you for reading this review. Hope I helped just a little bit.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No