Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

on 2/10/2003 6:59:00 PM

I can only use the lotion form, the cream form looks fantastic in a luscious pot, but was way too emollient for me. The lotion form comes in a pump bottle - nice and hygenic, and is perfect for my combination skin. It slips on with a silky texture and is really smooth to the touch. The light coverage it gives is fantastic for every day use. Thumbs up! continued >>

on 2/10/2003 2:52:00 AM

This is a great foundation for combination or dry skin types. it goes on really smooth and satiny. it makes my face look like its just glowing! The only problem i have with this product is that on my oily days this foundation is too much. Thats when i use the double perfection fluid!

This foundation is great.It's one of the best I've tried for my dry skin. Good colours, nice texture with medium coverage. It´s easy to apply and it comes in a pump bottle. Also contains spf 15. UPDATE/ Im taking one lippie off. This is very heavy for my skin but still very good... It only works during winter.

on 12/27/2002 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been wearing this foundation for a week now and I have to give it high marks. The color choices are nice and neutral, and the finish is gorgeous. They call it a satin finish and this did look somewhat like satin on my skin but overall it just gave a healthy well-rested look to my tired, stressed skin. It was moisturizing to my dry sensitive skin and the sunscreen did not aggravate it. Plus, it felt like I was wearing nothing but the polished look lasted the entire day--14+ hours. A trifle pricey at $55.00 a bottle but well-worth it in my opinion as it rivals Chantecaille FS, my other favorite. If you have n/d skin, it's a must try this winter.

on 12/12/2002 4:39:00 AM

My holy grail foundation. Leaves a beautiful, satin finish. Great for my dry skin. Looks very natural yet luminous. My skin seriously looks perfect. Also, I have very sensitive skin and this didn't make me rash at all. It comes in a very practical pump container. The price is high but I say that it is better to save your money on foundation that spend it on upscale lipgloss and eyeshadow.

on 12/5/2002 12:30:00 AM

I'm quickly working through the little sample bottle I got of this, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to buy soon. I'm in love with this foundation. It works well with my dry skin and I like that it's SPF 15. Paired up with my SPF 15 face lotion, I should be protected ;) But anyway, it's light, satiny, yet moisterizing and makes my face look nice. I'm probably going to purchase (for $50 - Ouch) in the near future.

on 11/25/2002 2:40:00 AM

The foundation feels absolutely beautiful - luxurious, creamy, blends like a dream. Howver, it's "dewy" coverage is way too dewy for anyone with any hint of oily skin. I have a slightly oily tzone and it slipped off during the day and made me feel really oily. But I bet this will be wonderful in the cooler drier winter months!

on 10/21/2002 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I got a sample of this foundation in the jar. I absolutely love the thicker foundation in the jar because it works so well for spot coverage. It's a lot less messy than normal liquid foundation if you just want to apply a little to discolored areas. The price is ridiculously high though! $55 is alot for foundation. This is also very moisturizing and gave my skin a great glow. Overall, I really liked this stuff!

Wow. This is a beautiful foundation. In the morning when I'm looking haggard, I just smooth this on my skin, and voila! I look like a million bucks...which is almost what it cost me. but well worth every penny. The packaging is great - super controllable pump, so you don't waste any foundation. I bought shade 25 which is slightly on the pink side, but still blends in really nicely.

on 9/27/2002 4:26:00 PM

Vitalumiere is Chanel's newest addition to their foundation line. The box describes it as a revitalizing liquid makeup that imparts a satin finish. The foundation has a nice smooth consistency with buildable coverage. It also comes with spf 15 formulated into the foundation. It comes in a nice slender bottle, with a pump. In terms of the foundation itself, its gives a nice natural dewy finish. It feels extremely nice on the skin. Its an oil based foundation, so its also more moisterizing.

Since i found it to be a little bit too dewy for me, i've started to mix this with my double perfection, and that is truly a perfect foundation! This way, its more semi-matte. Also, be forewarned that this foundation is lightly scented. Like flowers or something.