Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

on 2/21/2003 7:53:00 AM

I have Chinese olive skin and finding a foundation to match my skin tone is really hard! This is a really good foundation. It feels luxurious on the skin, it's sheer, light and the coverage is perfect for summer, and in winter it looks really natural. I used to use Clinique superfit but I've converted to Vitalumiere now, it's such a perfect foundation, the colour is so natural (it's v.easy to make olive skin look orange). The packaging looks posh and expensive. The price is £22 in the UK, but is well worth it. I'd definitely buy again. The only thing I don't like about this is that when I put it on, if I feel I need more coverage I put another layer on, I find that it sits on top of my skin and you can see where you've tried to put it on, similar to when you're painting on a wall and sometimes you can see the brush strokes. Putting it on with a sponge gives perfect coverage.

on 11/16/2002 1:25:00 AM

This is a wonderfully luxurious, moisturising liquid foundation ideal for normal-dry or combination-dry skin types. It leaves a satin finish, quite dewy but not greasy. The texture of the foundation is unbelievably silky, and melts into the skin, giving a natural, pretty glow. The coverage is light to medium, and quite buildable. I have combination skin with dry cheeks and a t-zone prone to oiliness, so I'd recommend using a mattifying product underneath in the t-zone area. Overall though, this a beautiful foundation, very luxurious and easy to use, and the gloss bottle and pump dispenser packaging combines elegance with user-friendly design. Provides SPF 8, 30ml for AU$82.

on 2/10/2003 3:47:00 AM

This is a fab foundation, especially for dry or combination to dry skin types. I have combo skin, and it does get somewhat shiny on my skin by mid-way through the day. But I combat this with blotting tissues and loose powder, and it makes a wonderful foundation.

The texture is an amazingly silky, almost silicon-like feel. Light and sheer, but with good coverage and nice pigment. Plus, the shades are all neutral to yellow toned- no nasty pink or orange hues here. The overall effect is moisturising, and glowy- gives the complexion a real light. The pump packaging is fantastic- elegant as well as being practical. And it's got SPF, which is essential for me. I'm a PPP-LLL skin tone, and I usually wear MAC NC20, and I wear #10 Limpides in this. continued >>

on 2/10/2003 6:59:00 PM

I can only use the lotion form, the cream form looks fantastic in a luscious pot, but was way too emollient for me. The lotion form comes in a pump bottle - nice and hygenic, and is perfect for my combination skin. It slips on with a silky texture and is really smooth to the touch. The light coverage it gives is fantastic for every day use. Thumbs up! continued >>

on 2/10/2003 2:52:00 AM

This is a great foundation for combination or dry skin types. it goes on really smooth and satiny. it makes my face look like its just glowing! The only problem i have with this product is that on my oily days this foundation is too much. Thats when i use the double perfection fluid!

This foundation is great.It's one of the best I've tried for my dry skin. Good colours, nice texture with medium coverage. It´s easy to apply and it comes in a pump bottle. Also contains spf 15. UPDATE/ Im taking one lippie off. This is very heavy for my skin but still very good... It only works during winter.

on 12/27/2002 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been wearing this foundation for a week now and I have to give it high marks. The color choices are nice and neutral, and the finish is gorgeous. They call it a satin finish and this did look somewhat like satin on my skin but overall it just gave a healthy well-rested look to my tired, stressed skin. It was moisturizing to my dry sensitive skin and the sunscreen did not aggravate it. Plus, it felt like I was wearing nothing but the polished look lasted the entire day--14+ hours. A trifle pricey at $55.00 a bottle but well-worth it in my opinion as it rivals Chantecaille FS, my other favorite. If you have n/d skin, it's a must try this winter.

on 12/12/2002 4:39:00 AM

My holy grail foundation. Leaves a beautiful, satin finish. Great for my dry skin. Looks very natural yet luminous. My skin seriously looks perfect. Also, I have very sensitive skin and this didn't make me rash at all. It comes in a very practical pump container. The price is high but I say that it is better to save your money on foundation that spend it on upscale lipgloss and eyeshadow.

on 12/5/2002 12:30:00 AM

I'm quickly working through the little sample bottle I got of this, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to buy soon. I'm in love with this foundation. It works well with my dry skin and I like that it's SPF 15. Paired up with my SPF 15 face lotion, I should be protected ;) But anyway, it's light, satiny, yet moisterizing and makes my face look nice. I'm probably going to purchase (for $50 - Ouch) in the near future.

on 11/25/2002 2:40:00 AM

The foundation feels absolutely beautiful - luxurious, creamy, blends like a dream. Howver, it's "dewy" coverage is way too dewy for anyone with any hint of oily skin. I have a slightly oily tzone and it slipped off during the day and made me feel really oily. But I bet this will be wonderful in the cooler drier winter months!