October 26, 2014 | 981 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by groovinchic

I have several of these - maybe six or seven? I love some of them and like the rest. Over the past six years, I've become obsessed with high end lipsticks (YSL and Guerlain particularly) so I was surprised when I felt interested in trying these out. The first one I bought was Cherry Tart and I fell in love. I tend to really love the more pigmented and darker ones (Cherry Tart, Red Velvet and Fig Jam are my faves). I bought Peach Parfait because the color was so pretty, but I don't think that does many favors for my super pigmented lips; for some reason, it doesn't show well and doesn't last long, while the others do.

FYI - These are very popular as thank-you gifts for some of my younger (20s) coworkers!

I generally do like these, and hope Revlon comes out with more.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by TheSinfulSim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

So I have this in Fig Jam. It's an okay shade. The consistency is good (which I can't say of most Revlon Lippies) and it is moisturizing.

3 lippies because most of the shades are flattering only for people with pale skin (unless you like looking garish). Currently, the only flattering shade for people who aren't pale is Fig Jam IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by bridgetostars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been out of the makeup loop for a while, I go through phases, but on a whim I wandered through the cosmetics section of my local Walgreens. These caught my eye immediately, I'm always on the lookout for tinted lip balms or moisturizing lipsticks. I'm still on my orange lip kick, so I picked up Tutti Frutti and also Sugar Frosting, because there was a BOGO1/2 deal. I am quite pleased with both shades, but especially the Tutti Frutti. I'm an NC15 (that's the palest, right? Told you I'm out of the loop...) and I think it's quite flattering on me, just enough to really brighten up my face. Sugar Frosting is nice as well, maybe a little frosty for my taste, but I think it'll look nice with a dark eye look when I want to downplay the lips. The consistency is nice and smooth for both shades, not too sticky, and I like that it's not so pigmented that I have to look in a mirror to apply, that's just too much effort for my tastes. I'm definitely going to try some more shades if I see they're on sale again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by lmoore

I do like this product, I just can't find a color that works for me. The first one I bought was Strawberry Shortcake, which was WAY too pale/pastel for my skin. One of my favorite bloggers uses that shade, and it looks great on her though. I will keep looking. I do like the consistancy, and love the packaging!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Oh, after all the hype I confess that I have yet to find a color that just wows me. The consistency of the lip butters is nice but the color is vibrant enough that you can't apply it like a balm so.....you have to treat it like a full blown lipstick and worry that it could end up making you look like a clown if not applied carefully. Now, that isn't what makes me give these an average rating - its just that they are average lipsticks. Nothing that special - but well marketed, I'll give you that!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by vpivoine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm NC25 and have pigmented lips. I'm in love with this lip butter in 015 Tutti Frutti! This is an orange color without any shimmer.
I always loved orange lip colors since they go well with my yellow undertoned Asian skin. However a lot of them become more red instead of orange when put on my lips. This lip butter blends well with my own lip color and shows as a lovely orange brown, and it's very moisturizing, yet it doesn't come off easily and gives a juicy but not oily finish.
I'm totally sold. This is now officially my HG. (one other lipstick I love is Korres mango butter in 47 orange brown, however it's discontinued and I can only get it on ebay. It has more brown in it and the finish is more natural and not as vibrant.) The packaging isn't that great but who cares. I hope they never discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by MontanaSnowflake

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Don't care for the packaging, it feels cheap but the product inside sure isn't. Perfect....for sure need more shades!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I have the WHOLE ENTIRE collection, ALL 20 colours!
I sound like a total junkie, but in my defence the seller offered me such a great deal on shipping and didn't charge over inflated prices on these.
Australia doesn't have these yet, so I got no option but to search eBay for these. I purchased mine from a fantastic seller of eBay. I paid between $5.95USD-$6.95USD, I didn't get ripped off, because on Youtube and MUA.com people are paying relatively the same prices as well.
The colour selection is incredible, and I seem to like every single one so far in terms of colour, even though there were some I thought I wasn't going to like. The colours are sheer? I don't think so, I honestly think these are quiet pigmented for what they are. I had colours, that I thought would never show up on my pigmented lips, looking beautiful and vibrant on my lips, definitely in my opinion not sheer or not as sheer as they are portrayed.
Quality, they are not all that moisturizing in my opinion. Korres lip butters are moisturizing, these Revlon Lip Butters are so so.
I think these are new, affordable, fun colour selecttion with great pigmentation and long lasting that's why they are all the rave at the moment, besides that in terms of lip balm/moisturize, these really don't do much. I do kind of like them, especially the colours, and thank goodness they dont dry your lips, and aren't heavily scented. Always handy in your bag!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by HolyPeas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's been said 100 times but this stuff is amazing, I will be purchasing more colors

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Baaamx32

Pro's: Many color choices, good packaging, color payoff, moisturizing
Con's: More expensive than I would've liked