November 26, 2014 | 1735 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by poikilotherm

Great lip butter, but not worth the hugeee hype. I would buy it again. To me, it is just a really nice lip product - definitely not a HG or the best of all time. It's creamy and pigmented. If you're looking for those qualities, you'll be satisfied.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I caved to the hype and bought one of these in Berry Smoothie. I'm NC15 with pretty decently pigmented lips, for reference. If you deepened my natural lipcolor a few shades, it would be Berry Smoothie exactly. So the shade I have looks great, and I wear it all the time. I like the texture. The longevity isn't great, but it has the word "butter" in the name, so I wouldn't have expected long wear time in the first place.

I took off one lippy because these aren't that hydrating, at least for me, in the shade that I have. I still have to wear a balm underneath, and combined with how balm-like these are in texture, it really sheers out the color. It's still prettty though.

I would repurchase the shade that I have just because it's such a nice every day color, and I'd also be open to checking out other shades. These aren't the be all and end all of lip products, but they are pretty, and relatively inexpensive. They're worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by hissy

Color selection, pigmentation, feel, texture, and packaging are all great. However, within a few days of daily use, I found my lips were very badly chapped.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had to edit my review after giving this product another chance. If you like Clinique's Lip Butters, this is a very comparable product in terms of coverage/feel, at half the price (with BOGOs and coupons more like 1/4 the price). For me, the dealbreaker is the cheap-looking packaging. I'm too old to take something like this out in public - it looks like makeup for an 8-year-old girl. I bought this in Pink Truffle, which is a work-appropriate pink with a touch of brown, as well as Red Velvet, which is a deep red.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by groovinchic

I have several of these - maybe six or seven? I love some of them and like the rest. Over the past six years, I've become obsessed with high end lipsticks (YSL and Guerlain particularly) so I was surprised when I felt interested in trying these out. The first one I bought was Cherry Tart and I fell in love. I tend to really love the more pigmented and darker ones (Cherry Tart, Red Velvet and Fig Jam are my faves). I bought Peach Parfait because the color was so pretty, but I don't think that does many favors for my super pigmented lips; for some reason, it doesn't show well and doesn't last long, while the others do.

FYI - These are very popular as thank-you gifts for some of my younger (20s) coworkers!

I generally do like these, and hope Revlon comes out with more.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by TheSinfulSim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

So I have this in Fig Jam. It's an okay shade. The consistency is good (which I can't say of most Revlon Lippies) and it is moisturizing.

3 lippies because most of the shades are flattering only for people with pale skin (unless you like looking garish). Currently, the only flattering shade for people who aren't pale is Fig Jam IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by bridgetostars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been out of the makeup loop for a while, I go through phases, but on a whim I wandered through the cosmetics section of my local Walgreens. These caught my eye immediately, I'm always on the lookout for tinted lip balms or moisturizing lipsticks. I'm still on my orange lip kick, so I picked up Tutti Frutti and also Sugar Frosting, because there was a BOGO1/2 deal. I am quite pleased with both shades, but especially the Tutti Frutti. I'm an NC15 (that's the palest, right? Told you I'm out of the loop...) and I think it's quite flattering on me, just enough to really brighten up my face. Sugar Frosting is nice as well, maybe a little frosty for my taste, but I think it'll look nice with a dark eye look when I want to downplay the lips. The consistency is nice and smooth for both shades, not too sticky, and I like that it's not so pigmented that I have to look in a mirror to apply, that's just too much effort for my tastes. I'm definitely going to try some more shades if I see they're on sale again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by lmoore

I do like this product, I just can't find a color that works for me. The first one I bought was Strawberry Shortcake, which was WAY too pale/pastel for my skin. One of my favorite bloggers uses that shade, and it looks great on her though. I will keep looking. I do like the consistancy, and love the packaging!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Oh, after all the hype I confess that I have yet to find a color that just wows me. The consistency of the lip butters is nice but the color is vibrant enough that you can't apply it like a balm so.....you have to treat it like a full blown lipstick and worry that it could end up making you look like a clown if not applied carefully. Now, that isn't what makes me give these an average rating - its just that they are average lipsticks. Nothing that special - but well marketed, I'll give you that!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by vpivoine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm NC25 and have pigmented lips. I'm in love with this lip butter in 015 Tutti Frutti! This is an orange color without any shimmer.
I always loved orange lip colors since they go well with my yellow undertoned Asian skin. However a lot of them become more red instead of orange when put on my lips. This lip butter blends well with my own lip color and shows as a lovely orange brown, and it's very moisturizing, yet it doesn't come off easily and gives a juicy but not oily finish.
I'm totally sold. This is now officially my HG. (one other lipstick I love is Korres mango butter in 47 orange brown, however it's discontinued and I can only get it on ebay. It has more brown in it and the finish is more natural and not as vibrant.) The packaging isn't that great but who cares. I hope they never discontinue this.