Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

4.1

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Propanediol, Triethanolamine, Polyamide-5, Galactoarabinan, Caprylyl Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanediolo, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Acacia Senegal Gum (Acacia Senegal), Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate. +/-May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 5/15/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this a lot. I have long lashes but so straight they almost point downward. Unless I curl them they're hard to see. But I dont like to curl anymore since my lashes are quite brittle and prone to falling out that way. I can forgo curling when I use this mascara and still have visible, long, thick lashes fanned out that stay that way. Maybe not the same curl as with a lash curler but its a more than adequate trade off. Also can use on lower lashes with no transfer/smudging nor flakes. I have very dry, sensitive eyes and experience no irritation. Given mascara must be tossed every few months this is a great cheap thrill that truly works. My only gripe is its really hard for me to find!

on 5/15/2012 5:55:00 PM

I heard so many great things about this mascara .My local walgreens didn't carry it ,so I ordered it from there website.
It truly is amazing it holds a curl all day and all I used was one coat.No flaking ,no nasty smell .I tried high end brands and never again.

on 5/11/2012 2:51:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

After seeing the reviews here, i went to walgreens to buy this mascara. I was very pleased with the results after applying it. It makes my lashes very long and black. However, the volumizing effect was not the main thing i noticed when i used it. There is, indeed, some volumizing effect but nothing that amazed me a lot (hence the 4 lippies). I have used other mascaras with better volumizing effect, but i am still ok with the effect of this one. Another good thing about this mascara is that it holds the curl all day. I have naturally semi-curly lashes but i don't need to use a lash curler previously when using this mascara and after several hours i still see them curled up perfectly. It doesn't smear under the eyes much, which is a very good thing for not being a waterproof mascara. It doesn't get clumpy, unless you apply more than 2 coats with a generous amount, which isn't recommended with any mascara anyway. I am very happy with it, especially cause it is very inexpensive. It does a lot for its value and i even bought 2 backups a few days later. I recommend it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Wow, this is excellent! So far I like all Jordana products but I am extremely picky about mascara. This did not clump, flake, and it held a curl. It definately defined as well. This is comparable to some high end brands that I have used. It was $2.99 at Walgreens and its THE BEST drugstore buy and a great beauty secret given the results compared to price. EXCELLENT product!

on 5/6/2012 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

GREAT recommendation, MUA! Love this site! Anyway I purchased this based on the rave reviews and I was astounded. . . great, big, curled, LONG, defined, pitch-black, clump-free lashes AT LAST! I used to love the Chanel Instant Lash mascara and when that was discontinued, as good things usually are, I was left in a mascara void. I tried YSL, Dior, La Femme, L'Oreal, Lancome, all the usual suspects and was NEVER satisfied. This drugstore GEM is a steal, overdelivers and underpromises, and makes my lashes look WOW. I hope they don't discontinue this mascara OH PLEASE! Anyway try it out you will be thrilled!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great mascara. I've bought $30.00 mascara and I've bought $3.00 mascara....this stuff is fabulous! Never received so many compliments on my eyelashes. Big thumbs way up! Loooooove Jordana

on 5/6/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Would give it a 5 if it came in a dark brown or black/brown, I only have seen it sold in black, and I don't think black for mascara should be considered a basic shade, it's far too harsh for many people, black/brown would be better. Mascara itself is very good, it's both thickening and lengthening, gave me a false lash look with just one layer, seems to hold a curl well (I didn't have it on long enough to find out for sure), was easy to remove, and if it came in a shade I would actually be able to wear on daily basis it would be priceless to me.

on 5/3/2012 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this mascara because of all the great reviews hoping it would work just as well on me. It looked good for the first minute after applying and then my eyelashes completely dropped and looked pin straight. Wasn't what I was looking for, I need a mascara that can hold a curl.

on 5/3/2012 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Alright, dammit. You got me, MUA. I was suckered into shelling out three big ones for this mascara, and I don't regret it one bit, nu-uh, no-how.
At first, I felt like I wasted money. I'm a huge CoverGirl Lashblast fan, and Jordana just seemed too thick and goopy compared to CG. Also, I like silicone brushes, and Jordana has the regular... other kind. Whatever that's called. Consequently, for a few weeks after I used it a couple times, Jordana sat collecting dust in my makeup basket.
Only recently did I decide to crack the tube open again and discover its powers. Since it seemed to dry up a bit, application has become a breeze, my lashes are volumized, lengthened and darkened without the initial overdone gloopiness. It's now probably my favorite mascara next to CG.
Unfortunately, though, the mascara can re-gloop or too much can get on the brush, so you have to be careful. Jordana's too good for its own good sometimes. Even the packaging is great- it's simplistic, and the tube is narrow and non-awkward.
All in all, this is an absolute gem for the price. I could seriously see myself not needing to buy any more expensive mascaras after trying this one. It's fantastic.

on 5/3/2012 1:43:00 AM

This is such a surprise find! Who knew that a $3 drugstore mascara could be so good?? I love the brush: it's dense but not obnoxiously huge like Lash Blast. I can get super dark lashes in just one coat, but I prefer to apply a second to build more volume. This is definitely a veryvery voluminous mascara and can easily be too good at what it does, so watch out when applying two or more coats. The only con I can see with this is that I started to notice an intense burning in my eyes when it starts to flake, which only happened when I've had my tube for a couple of months. Hopefully this problem can be fixed by buying new tubes, which is easy since it is so inexpensive! Would definitely recommend this!