April 18, 2014 | 1765 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: dirt cheap; helps lashes to keep a curl; lengthening and volumizing, with more emphasis on the later; as close to a false lash effect as I've ever gotten with a mascara

Cons: with just a few swipes of the wand, you can go from subtle to spider lash "Tammy Faye Baker" eyes; clumpy; needed to comb out globs.

Final Ruling: happy I tried it. Will use with caution.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by jdcapps

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess I am in the minority since I don't like this mascara. It is very clumpy, messy and flakes during the day. I wanted to like it based on the reviews but it just doesn't work for me. I found it really wet and gloppy and I had to wipe the excess off with a tissue. While applying it starts drying thus creating the spider leg effect. No thanks, I'll stick to my HG CG Lashblast.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Phenomenal! I've read raves about this on a number of beauty boards, so I made a trip to Walgreen's to buy some and check it out.

This is a real find--dirt cheap and works brilliantly. I agree that the brush is similar to BadGal, but I find the consistency of the mascara lighter. I have fairly long lashes and go for a natural look, so I only need to apply this to the tips of my lashes for a very nice look.

One caveat: this will smudge if your eyes get wet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This goes on and wears and looks the exact same as my HG, the L'Oreal Vol. But for a third of the price.

I have nothing to add to the other reviews. So happy I stumbled across the reviews or I never would have tried it.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 6:46:00 AM More reviews by jellums

For $2.99, I thought what the heck and gave this mascara a try. I already have mascaras that I enjoy using (such as L'Oreal Voluminous or Maybelline The Colossal) but I am in love with this one! I have the non-waterproof formula (though I'm not sure if it does come in waterproof) and there is no smudging or flaking through out the day. I find that this separates my lashes nicely and gives good length and decent volume. The formula isn't too wet and while there can be some clumping but its not bad. What I love the most is how well it holds my curl throughout an entire day! Love this mascara, actually I love Jordana in general!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really impressed with this stuff! Cant believe its under $3. I have tried everything. My HG is YSL but that's ridiculously $. I have only used this once so I still have to play with it but its a great everyday mascara. Quick to apply for a natural look - cheap, easy. Doesnt clump. Def blows most DS and high end mascaras out of the water...and its so affordable!

Update: 3/1/12 Been using this nonstop since I bought and still amazed. Holds curl, good in one coat, and doesn't budge ( I have this on in my Bikram yoga 100+ degree sweat running down your face classes - and it doesn't move)...plus it's so cheap I can buy one for my travel makeup bag,etc. Provides length and thickness and in one coat, is 3 dollars, comes off relatively easily but doesn't budge..HG..HG..HG.

Btw - l am a mascara maven. I have tried everything and will (and have!) spend lots on it since alot of times it's all I wear..the only reason I took one star off is that this is not layerable..one coat is all that works..meaning you get one look with this (it's a good one)..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this after YT beauty guru Nurberxo raved about this in her recent November Favorites. She wore it in the video & explained how this is a ONE step mascara & I could totally relate because I often use 2 separate mascaras-one for volumizing & another for length. My favorite DS ones that I alternate between are NYX doll eye long lash,CG lash blast, L'oreal Voluminous & Maybelline Falsies & yes this $3 mascara blows them all out of the water!!!! It gives incredible volume, length & a full day lift. I could skip my Shiseido curler with this baby & it would still naturally curl & hold it up (no my lashes don't fall straight down, but I'm not blessed with curled ones either, I would say their right in between--average). Its a wet formula, thin brush, leaves a soft (not crunchy) finish with no flaking/smudging. I would say minimal clumping if you wait in between to layer it & two layers gives a very dramatic almost false lash look. The only cons would be -it only comes in black & Jordana is only available in Walgreens (or CherryCulture of course). I don't think I will be trying out any other mascaras EVER & neither will those that give this a try. HG status for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I feel like I got really inconsistent results with this. Some days, it holds a curl well, while others it falls flat. This mascara is also too clumpy for my liking. My Biggest Lashed by Prestige is a lot better. I'll gladly pay the extra $3 for my old standby!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by debknitter57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to tell everyone who has tried many mascaras as I have over many years. I watched nurberxo on YouTube reviewing the Jordana Best Lash Volume Mascara. I went to Walgreens after she raved about it. I was amazed that it gave a lot of volume and lengthening to my eyelashes. I have been using 2 mascaras to achieve the look I need for my eyelashes. This mascara which costs $2.99 is truly great for the price and the result. At first when I opened the tube the wand just looked ordinary but after just 2 coats on each eye I was hooked. Try it and see if you think it works for you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A preface -
I'm not outrageously picky with my mascaras as long as I can eventually get to the near-eyebrow length and curl, which this helps with. If you're looking to wow people with your lashes, you'll probably have to test each and every mascara out there or wear falsies all the time. I only wear falsies for special occasions though.

First thing I noticed - the brush is very similar to L'Oreal Voluminous, which also means it's very similar to YSL Faux Cils. My lashes are best with short-medium length bristled brushes no matter the barrel size.

This can get a little clumpy, but I think it's less clumpy than Voluminous. It's not a super wet formula, which I like. It doesn't get on my lids when I apply it and it's buildable if you work fast. It's really a steal for $2.99 because it's just as good as other drugstore mascaras. It's actually really good for curl which I wasn't expecting. However its main strength was volume.

I like the simple shape of the packaging because it's easy to carry and it doesn't take up unnecessary space, but in a dark bag you might think you've lost it or you might mistake it for a liquid liner. At least with brighter packaged mascaras I could easily spot them amongst my things.
Overall 4/5.