Maybelline One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Peg/Ppg-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil. Simethicone, Disodium Edta, Polyquaternium-10, Saccharum, Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/ Lemon Peel Extract, Pyrus Malus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract [+/- May Contains: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Oxides, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/ Ferric Ferrocyanide] F.I.L. D43811/1

on 6/21/2011 8:57:00 PM

When I saw this advertised, I could NOT wait to get my hands on it. For me, volume AND definition are a MUST, and this mascara promised both. And then... harsh disappointment. I find it strange that so many people liked this. For me it clumped HORRIBLY. I had 9 sticks for lashes. I only let it keep two lippies because it gave me really nice length. But it is most certainly not a replacement for my current HG; Covergirl LashBlast Fusion.

on 6/21/2011 10:15:00 AM

This is marketed as a volumizing mascara....not really seeing it.

While it's not a bad mascara, it's just not that great. It does nicely separate & define my lashes, but again, the volume aspect was lacking. After 2 coats there was a bit of volume, but nothing compared to my CG Lashbast.

I also don't really like Maybelline mascaras in general (with a few exceptions) because the formula tends to be a bit wet and has a weird smell.

The brush also does nothing spectacular, although I must admit it defines the lashes well.

on 6/20/2011 6:27:00 PM

I like this more than any mascara I've bought in many years. I look for a volumizing mascara that doesn't clump and separates the lashes, and this does the trick.

on 6/19/2011 4:13:00 AM

Lovely ♥ lovely.. This mascara is good.. I myself haven't encountered any problems with it! So I'm pretty happy.. But for a more dramatic cute look, applied three different types of mascara. I tried stiletto, Falsies, and this one. How do I do it,? I apply my first coat of let's say stiletto, (you can start off with whatever works with you) then after few coats before it dries I coat my lashes with flasies, then after that give it a few more coats with thismascara! Taa daaaaaa :) "-_-" beautiful.
Please let me know if this was helpful to you in any way : >

on 6/18/2011 3:35:00 PM

let me first start off by saying that i love love LOVE the packaging of this product, its just too cute.! next i'd like to tell you all that this mascara is to die for! it lengthens all your lashes while it still adds volume to them! what more could you ask! i have the color blackest black which truely lives up to its name. i havent had any issues with it flaking or smudging which is great of course. so go out and give this product a try! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

OMG! I am in LOVE with this mascara! It does everything: it separates my lashes really well, it doesn’t flake or clump, it makes my lashes look longer and gives a lot of volume. It is also the only mascara I ever tried that can keep my impossible-to-curl lashes curled. I can put on one coat for a more natural look or two coats for a more dramatic look, but one way or the other, my lashes look AMAZING! I really recommend giving this wonderful mascara a try. You won’t be disappointed!

on 6/16/2011 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Does wonderful things for my lashes.. lengthens, separates, volumizes... doesn't smude... but my GOODNESS does it FLAKE! i HATE that look. no matter how pretty my lashes may look. it's not old bc the formula is very fresh/not dried up... but the flakey aspect of the product makes me not want to buy again. I usually really enjoy maybelline mascaras, but in the last couple years, i've noticed many of them have flaked on me... hm. let down.

on 6/14/2011 3:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This mascara is AWESOME I love how it makes my eyelashes look so full. It makes my eyes look so big and pretty. It gets every lash and it doesn't clump up.Most mascaras make my eyes look very clumpy this one doesn't. I like how it gives my almond shaped eyes some life and will defiantly be repurchasing this again and again!

on 6/12/2011 3:32:00 PM

This mascara made my eyelashes look really long and pretty but they were kind of clumpy so I would suggest rotating it a lot when applying to prevent some of that

on 6/11/2011 11:24:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the best "drugstore" low priced mascara I have ever found. I got the NON Waterproof - so that is comes off easily with a cotton pad and my usual Neutrogena non oily eyemakeup remover.

My other favorite mascara is MAC Plush Lash - they are both superb but this one cost about $7 vs. $14.50.

I have not found smudging or flaking issues and also One By One makes my eyelashes look LONGER -- YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gives some volume too.
I purchased it at Target and always use an eyelash curler too - Shiseido.

My own lashes are very straight and of average length - this mascara makes them look almost like false eyelashes, but not quite.
I use 2 coats and sometimes a third if I use a metal lash comb.

How aggravating that my hair is frizzy/curly/thick and yet my eyelashes are so straight......