September 30, 2014 | 1044 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by MrsJAR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very oily skin first of all. But, I prefer a light to medium finish foundation. I do not like to look like I have on makeup but I need to be evened out with foundation. This foundation is perfect. When you are putting it on you think it's going to be a lighter coverage from the way it feels. But, it truly does have a good medium coverage to it. I am around NC 20/25 right now & I wear B20. When I was around NC15/10 I wore B10 but the shades are very forgiving. I really can't say enough about this foundation. Of course, being as oily as I am I still have to powder or blot but I have found that I do not like the look of foundations that are supposed to control oil.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Ix3Chewie

I love this foundation. I've tried a lot of foundation and nothing compares to this foundation. It's blend-able and applies nicely to the skin. It doesn't make me oil up like other foundation and a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by feiste

I have this foundation in BO20. It isn't a perfect match for my skin but it was the closest in the very limited range of shades that Vitalumiere Aqua.

I was seduced into buying Vitalumiere Aqua by the fresh glowing skin that the model had in the ad posters when it first launched. It looked so natural and beautiful. Plus I have relatively good skin that's combination in nature and I wanted something that had light coverage as anything heavy makes me feel like I'm wearing a mask.

I loved the way this foundation blended into my skin. I like to use my fingers first because the warmth literally makes it melt into your complexion; it's also easier to cover the hard-to-reach places like at the edges of your nose. I then swirl a (clean) foundation brush over my face to buff the foundation in and top it off with Chanel's translucent loose powder.

It looks a bit unnatural at first but within the hour, it looks beautifully dewy and touchable. Don't expect it to cover spots or other facial imperfections though; it is light coverage after all.

Here's the thing about Vitalumiere Aqua though. Don't use it if you live anywhere humid and don't use it if you don't have dry skin. If you live somewhere humid and you don't have dry skin, that's just a recipe for disaster.

The thing that absolutely killed this foundation for me is that after wearing it for a few hours, it starts to ball up on me and it looks like my face is sliding off. They claim that there is some plasma thingy going on with this foundation and I truly believe them because my face looks like a melted plasma screen. Not a good look unless it's Halloween. To remedy this, I've tried blotting continuously and I've plastered as much loose power on as I can but to no avail.

Therefore, I am never repurchasing and will keep a healthy distance from Vitalumiere Aqua. It could be a nice foundation for someone else though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by cozzychic

I have this in B20 Beige-Tendre and paired it with Chanel White Essentiel base to get the best result.
PROS : lightweight, light to medium coverage,a little goes a long way, easy to blend, healthy glow and dewy finish, can cover some imperfection (but not all).
CONS: after couple of hours it gets oily to my T-zone.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by mnowlan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation, despite how wrong it is for me. I have oily skin, and an extremely oily t-zone. Because I wear glasses, this stuff melts off my nose in about an hour (leaving my nice black frames with gross foundation transfer). I've gotten in the habit of avoiding my nose completely when applying my foundation, which is annoying because I have a lot of redness on my nose and cheeks. And speaking of cheeks, forget talking on the phone or changing shirts with this stuff, it transfers to everything.
This foundation, though beautiful and just the amount of coverage for me, isn't right for my oily skin. I've tried a whole slew of powders to set it before I settled on MAC's blot powder, which seems to do the trick. But when it comes down to it, a foundation's performance shouldn't depend so heavily on what powder you use to set it. Especially at this price point. Disappointing. I'm going to try a few different foundations before I consider repurchasing this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by stella10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never buy high end foundations, but I decided to give this a try. It's AMAZING. I have dry skin, it goes on very smooth, blends well and you can't see it on the skin. It would be perfect, the only complaint I have is that there are only 6 colors, and I'm very pale (think Nicola Roberts) and the palest shade is a bit too dark and too yellow. It's sheer enough to get away with it though, it looks great, but I would like to see a wider shade range. Will def re-purchase when I run out though

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by primavolta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I spent my entire life not wearing foundation because for the most part, my skin is pretty good. I do get some redness though, so for those of us who don't have too many skin complaints but want a lovely even, fresh face, this product is perfect.

I wear Beige-Tendre. The product is sheer enough that I don't think you'd have to jump for a new shade if your skin tone darkens or lightens a little bit. For a natural look, a little goes a long way. I work at a high end department store and a lot of the beauty ladies assume I'm not wearing anything! The effect is fresh, dewy and clean. Make sure you shake the bottle well or you'll get a nice watery mess.

One thing I'm not crazy about is the packaging - it's an opaque bottle so it's hard to tell how much you have left, and if the bottles not full it can be a bit of a battle to get the product out. I guess it's necessary though given the consistency of the product.

Overall, I would recommend this product for anyone with minor skin complaints and an indulgent beauty budget.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by smiah94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this foundation could work amazingly for some, but for my skin type, it just wasn't for me. firstly, i'm an NC42-NC44 and the darkest colour in this foundation just about matched me so this foundation can't be worn by some WOC. the undertones in this also didn't match my skin tone as i have strong yellow undertones, not beige and definitely no pink whatsoever. the shade range could definitely be improved.

the texture of this foundation is magnificent.. not too liquidy and not too thick.. almost like a creamy liquid. for me, this foundation didn't have enough coverage. it's light to medium but doesn't cover my acne scarring and this foundation isn't buildable and looks cakey if you try to build it up. but if you're skin is already in somewhat good condition, this won't be a problem. the finish of this foundation isn't dewy or matte, somewhere in between.. very natural looking. does nothing for oil control, but i dont believe it claims to do so anyway so :)

my biggest issue with this is the fact that it broke me out as all other chanel foundations i've tried have done... it's the heavy perfume. the same reason bourjois healthy mix and various others have broken me out. it's a shame because i definitely would have repurchased this when my acne scarring has faded as i'd need less coverage.. but as it breaks me out i won't.

the packaging sucks as you cant see how much you have left and i would much prefer it in a pump but the squeeze top isn't too bad.

overall i would recommend this for all skin types if you're not sensitive to fragranced products :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by xoxosweetheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation didn't offer a good match for my skin. It's either too pale or too orange. It doesn't do a great job of smoothing my skin. I'd switch back to using MAC if only they'd stop putting sparkles in their liquid foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I've become a foundation fan. I've always had pretty good skin and never used foundation - on the rare occasions when I have used it, I didn't like it because it was heavy or you could see it sitting on the skin. So, I've been a faithful user of Lancome's tinted moisturizer for quite some time now. I was curious about Vitalumiere Aqua from the pixiwoo videos, so I decided to give it a try since my skin isn't as fresh and perfect as it was when I was a teenager. I am totally surprised by how good this foundation is! It blends like a dream, looks natural, I only need a little bit to do my whole face, and it evens out my skin tone beautifully. This is how I wished my skin looked all the time. It provides better coverage than my Lancome tinted moisturizer but but feels just as light and very comfortable like I haven't got anything on. It wore great all day and night, no caking, dryness or patchiness. I'm NC20 and I use B20 Beige Tendre. I like the packaging too, you can squeeze out small amounts at a time so it's very tidy and you don't waste any product. I was a bit shocked at how small the bottle was for the price, but hey, it's so good I don't care.