September 21, 2014 | 2115 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by cozzychic

I have this in B20 Beige-Tendre and paired it with Chanel White Essentiel base to get the best result.
PROS : lightweight, light to medium coverage,a little goes a long way, easy to blend, healthy glow and dewy finish, can cover some imperfection (but not all).
CONS: after couple of hours it gets oily to my T-zone.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by mnowlan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation, despite how wrong it is for me. I have oily skin, and an extremely oily t-zone. Because I wear glasses, this stuff melts off my nose in about an hour (leaving my nice black frames with gross foundation transfer). I've gotten in the habit of avoiding my nose completely when applying my foundation, which is annoying because I have a lot of redness on my nose and cheeks. And speaking of cheeks, forget talking on the phone or changing shirts with this stuff, it transfers to everything.
This foundation, though beautiful and just the amount of coverage for me, isn't right for my oily skin. I've tried a whole slew of powders to set it before I settled on MAC's blot powder, which seems to do the trick. But when it comes down to it, a foundation's performance shouldn't depend so heavily on what powder you use to set it. Especially at this price point. Disappointing. I'm going to try a few different foundations before I consider repurchasing this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by stella10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never buy high end foundations, but I decided to give this a try. It's AMAZING. I have dry skin, it goes on very smooth, blends well and you can't see it on the skin. It would be perfect, the only complaint I have is that there are only 6 colors, and I'm very pale (think Nicola Roberts) and the palest shade is a bit too dark and too yellow. It's sheer enough to get away with it though, it looks great, but I would like to see a wider shade range. Will def re-purchase when I run out though

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by primavolta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I spent my entire life not wearing foundation because for the most part, my skin is pretty good. I do get some redness though, so for those of us who don't have too many skin complaints but want a lovely even, fresh face, this product is perfect.

I wear Beige-Tendre. The product is sheer enough that I don't think you'd have to jump for a new shade if your skin tone darkens or lightens a little bit. For a natural look, a little goes a long way. I work at a high end department store and a lot of the beauty ladies assume I'm not wearing anything! The effect is fresh, dewy and clean. Make sure you shake the bottle well or you'll get a nice watery mess.

One thing I'm not crazy about is the packaging - it's an opaque bottle so it's hard to tell how much you have left, and if the bottles not full it can be a bit of a battle to get the product out. I guess it's necessary though given the consistency of the product.

Overall, I would recommend this product for anyone with minor skin complaints and an indulgent beauty budget.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by smiah94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this foundation could work amazingly for some, but for my skin type, it just wasn't for me. firstly, i'm an NC42-NC44 and the darkest colour in this foundation just about matched me so this foundation can't be worn by some WOC. the undertones in this also didn't match my skin tone as i have strong yellow undertones, not beige and definitely no pink whatsoever. the shade range could definitely be improved.

the texture of this foundation is magnificent.. not too liquidy and not too thick.. almost like a creamy liquid. for me, this foundation didn't have enough coverage. it's light to medium but doesn't cover my acne scarring and this foundation isn't buildable and looks cakey if you try to build it up. but if you're skin is already in somewhat good condition, this won't be a problem. the finish of this foundation isn't dewy or matte, somewhere in between.. very natural looking. does nothing for oil control, but i dont believe it claims to do so anyway so :)

my biggest issue with this is the fact that it broke me out as all other chanel foundations i've tried have done... it's the heavy perfume. the same reason bourjois healthy mix and various others have broken me out. it's a shame because i definitely would have repurchased this when my acne scarring has faded as i'd need less coverage.. but as it breaks me out i won't.

the packaging sucks as you cant see how much you have left and i would much prefer it in a pump but the squeeze top isn't too bad.

overall i would recommend this for all skin types if you're not sensitive to fragranced products :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by xoxosweetheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation didn't offer a good match for my skin. It's either too pale or too orange. It doesn't do a great job of smoothing my skin. I'd switch back to using MAC if only they'd stop putting sparkles in their liquid foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I've become a foundation fan. I've always had pretty good skin and never used foundation - on the rare occasions when I have used it, I didn't like it because it was heavy or you could see it sitting on the skin. So, I've been a faithful user of Lancome's tinted moisturizer for quite some time now. I was curious about Vitalumiere Aqua from the pixiwoo videos, so I decided to give it a try since my skin isn't as fresh and perfect as it was when I was a teenager. I am totally surprised by how good this foundation is! It blends like a dream, looks natural, I only need a little bit to do my whole face, and it evens out my skin tone beautifully. This is how I wished my skin looked all the time. It provides better coverage than my Lancome tinted moisturizer but but feels just as light and very comfortable like I haven't got anything on. It wore great all day and night, no caking, dryness or patchiness. I'm NC20 and I use B20 Beige Tendre. I like the packaging too, you can squeeze out small amounts at a time so it's very tidy and you don't waste any product. I was a bit shocked at how small the bottle was for the price, but hey, it's so good I don't care.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by dearladydisdain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was completely shocked at this foundation. I'm about NC10 and after swatching it in-store I thought there was no way it would be pale enough for me. I ended up being persuaded to try it, and WOW. I have no idea how it matches my skintone but it does. The texture is amazing, it glides on your skin effortlessly and blends so well. It feels great on your skin and I love the scent. It is very light but has nice coverage at the same time. This foundation has become one of my top 3 all time favorites (and I have tried a lot!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Kaaatttiiiiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great foundation, water based which is great for my dry skin. I have very fair skin (nc15 in mac!) so i am in the shade b10. I personally think the colour range isn't THAT great, as the foundation is quite yellow toned in my opinion. Can be a hassle sometimes, i will shake it for a good 20 seconds and it still may come out watery. Even though it is very expensive it is worth it, i would keep re-purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have mine in B10, the same shade as my Vitalumiere Eclat. Oddly, the Aqua is actually slightly more yellowish on my skin than Eclat. Just thought to mention this in case you have the Eclat and want to buy the Aqua shade unseen.

This foundation has a texture like whipped gel-cream and is really light on skin. I feel like there is nothing my skin and I can actually get away without powdering. I always powder my face after the liquid foundation because I always feel that something is sticking on my face. Well, even I can get away without using loose powder over my face for this foundation, I still powder for better wear and mainly for my peace of mind, lol.

The wear is decent, if the hot and humid summer here, and my face still looks normal without foundation oxidizing or sliding off for around 8 hours, when touch up is really needed. But then the foundation does seem to disintegrate on my skin and that I'm quite bothered in fact. I can tell the foundation isn't looking even on my skin (my not really oily cheeks!) after a few hours or so, unfortunately. It's odd that the oilier T-zone does look normal.... I'm not sure if it has sth to do with the amount I used. I use a bit mroe foundation on my cheeks for the coverage I want than my T-zone. Anyway, I'd say the Cle de Peau Refining Fluid Foundation (my HG!) and NARS Sheer Glow both stay longer and much better than Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua on me. Neither of these shows signs of disintegration on my skin even after 8 hours. Also, after 5 hours of wear or so, my T-zone gets more oily, and turning my face looking more dewy. Just blot away the oil and I have the bare face look again.

This provides sheer to light coverage for me and buildable to medium. I don't think I can build it up to full though. The finish is a bit more than satin but not dewy for sure. I can see my skin glowing without shimmer, unlike my CdP liquid fdt, which has shimmers to do the trick for dewy skin. In fact, my skin is more radiant than when I'm using NARS SG or Chanel Vitalumiere Eclat. I guess this is the only thing I like about this foundation, other than the nice texture. I think this is the foundation that I will use if I want my skin to look like bare but better. Very rarely a cosmetics product does 100% what it says on the bottle and this is one of those - definitely "ultra light" and "natural radiance".

I have normal to dry skin in general, but with more oilies at my T-zone during the summer. I don't think this is a moisturizing foundation and I'm quite sure I need something more if I want to use this in winter. Oil control isn't too bad as I won't need to blot after half a day. I can choose not to blot until I need a touch up after around 8 hours, jsut the skin is dewy looking, instead of natural satin-dewy.

Most of the foundation will cling to dry patches and I wonder how will this perform. Will report back when it's winter - the time I get dry patches on face.

The other thing that worth mention is the scent. Better sniff this product before you buy a bottle. It reminds me of the Le Blanc whitening skincare range from Chanel in fact. The scent lingers rather long, when compared to most of the scented foundations. I can definitely detect it even after 20 mins. Luckily I like this scent, or else I will be totally put off by this foundation.

Not a big fan for the bottle as it is completely opaque. Holding it under bright light won't give you a clue how much is left. Snoozle opening is nice, much nicer than NARS SG if you don't get the pump. Another nice thing is that such pacakging will be travel-safe - no bottle exploding in luggage like glass bottles.

Overall, still a nice and better than average foundation. However I prefer the CdP and probably NARS as well because of the wear and coverage issues even though I like the finish of this most.