August 28, 2014 | 1129 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by xoxosweetheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation didn't offer a good match for my skin. It's either too pale or too orange. It doesn't do a great job of smoothing my skin. I'd switch back to using MAC if only they'd stop putting sparkles in their liquid foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I've become a foundation fan. I've always had pretty good skin and never used foundation - on the rare occasions when I have used it, I didn't like it because it was heavy or you could see it sitting on the skin. So, I've been a faithful user of Lancome's tinted moisturizer for quite some time now. I was curious about Vitalumiere Aqua from the pixiwoo videos, so I decided to give it a try since my skin isn't as fresh and perfect as it was when I was a teenager. I am totally surprised by how good this foundation is! It blends like a dream, looks natural, I only need a little bit to do my whole face, and it evens out my skin tone beautifully. This is how I wished my skin looked all the time. It provides better coverage than my Lancome tinted moisturizer but but feels just as light and very comfortable like I haven't got anything on. It wore great all day and night, no caking, dryness or patchiness. I'm NC20 and I use B20 Beige Tendre. I like the packaging too, you can squeeze out small amounts at a time so it's very tidy and you don't waste any product. I was a bit shocked at how small the bottle was for the price, but hey, it's so good I don't care.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by dearladydisdain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was completely shocked at this foundation. I'm about NC10 and after swatching it in-store I thought there was no way it would be pale enough for me. I ended up being persuaded to try it, and WOW. I have no idea how it matches my skintone but it does. The texture is amazing, it glides on your skin effortlessly and blends so well. It feels great on your skin and I love the scent. It is very light but has nice coverage at the same time. This foundation has become one of my top 3 all time favorites (and I have tried a lot!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Kaaatttiiiiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great foundation, water based which is great for my dry skin. I have very fair skin (nc15 in mac!) so i am in the shade b10. I personally think the colour range isn't THAT great, as the foundation is quite yellow toned in my opinion. Can be a hassle sometimes, i will shake it for a good 20 seconds and it still may come out watery. Even though it is very expensive it is worth it, i would keep re-purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have mine in B10, the same shade as my Vitalumiere Eclat. Oddly, the Aqua is actually slightly more yellowish on my skin than Eclat. Just thought to mention this in case you have the Eclat and want to buy the Aqua shade unseen.

This foundation has a texture like whipped gel-cream and is really light on skin. I feel like there is nothing my skin and I can actually get away without powdering. I always powder my face after the liquid foundation because I always feel that something is sticking on my face. Well, even I can get away without using loose powder over my face for this foundation, I still powder for better wear and mainly for my peace of mind, lol.

The wear is decent, if the hot and humid summer here, and my face still looks normal without foundation oxidizing or sliding off for around 8 hours, when touch up is really needed. But then the foundation does seem to disintegrate on my skin and that I'm quite bothered in fact. I can tell the foundation isn't looking even on my skin (my not really oily cheeks!) after a few hours or so, unfortunately. It's odd that the oilier T-zone does look normal.... I'm not sure if it has sth to do with the amount I used. I use a bit mroe foundation on my cheeks for the coverage I want than my T-zone. Anyway, I'd say the Cle de Peau Refining Fluid Foundation (my HG!) and NARS Sheer Glow both stay longer and much better than Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua on me. Neither of these shows signs of disintegration on my skin even after 8 hours. Also, after 5 hours of wear or so, my T-zone gets more oily, and turning my face looking more dewy. Just blot away the oil and I have the bare face look again.

This provides sheer to light coverage for me and buildable to medium. I don't think I can build it up to full though. The finish is a bit more than satin but not dewy for sure. I can see my skin glowing without shimmer, unlike my CdP liquid fdt, which has shimmers to do the trick for dewy skin. In fact, my skin is more radiant than when I'm using NARS SG or Chanel Vitalumiere Eclat. I guess this is the only thing I like about this foundation, other than the nice texture. I think this is the foundation that I will use if I want my skin to look like bare but better. Very rarely a cosmetics product does 100% what it says on the bottle and this is one of those - definitely "ultra light" and "natural radiance".

I have normal to dry skin in general, but with more oilies at my T-zone during the summer. I don't think this is a moisturizing foundation and I'm quite sure I need something more if I want to use this in winter. Oil control isn't too bad as I won't need to blot after half a day. I can choose not to blot until I need a touch up after around 8 hours, jsut the skin is dewy looking, instead of natural satin-dewy.

Most of the foundation will cling to dry patches and I wonder how will this perform. Will report back when it's winter - the time I get dry patches on face.

The other thing that worth mention is the scent. Better sniff this product before you buy a bottle. It reminds me of the Le Blanc whitening skincare range from Chanel in fact. The scent lingers rather long, when compared to most of the scented foundations. I can definitely detect it even after 20 mins. Luckily I like this scent, or else I will be totally put off by this foundation.

Not a big fan for the bottle as it is completely opaque. Holding it under bright light won't give you a clue how much is left. Snoozle opening is nice, much nicer than NARS SG if you don't get the pump. Another nice thing is that such pacakging will be travel-safe - no bottle exploding in luggage like glass bottles.

Overall, still a nice and better than average foundation. However I prefer the CdP and probably NARS as well because of the wear and coverage issues even though I like the finish of this most.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

Ive given this 3 weeks of good use and this is now a new staple foundation! Ive been wearing Lancome Teint Idole for a long time, but really love VA for a lighter coverage, glowy look. It doesn't break me out. The BR20 is great for me right now. I also bought the BR10 for use when I get lighter in winter and to mix with the BR20 for in between. The packaging is not that great because it's a little messy on top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by bellyhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have not had much luck in Chanel foundations before as the undertones were too pink for me. I've been sticking to Bobbi Brown as the yellow tints were more agreeable with my skin. But after recently becoming underwhelmed with the "lasting" part of my Oil Free Long Lasting foundation from BB, I decided to give this a try.

Along with the Vitalumiere Aqua, I also purchased a base (I will review that later). I'm fairly tan now, so I got the B40, I will likely need to go down to a lighter shade in the winter. Once shaken up, the consistency is very light and fluid. I tried a foundation brush, but I think just using my fingers worked the best. I'd forgetten the lovely Chanel floral scent of its products, which is strong on application, but fades really quickly.

It goes on very dewy and luminous looking, but dries down to a light powdery finish. It didn't oxidize to a darker or orange tint, but stayed very true to the original applied color. I have some darker pigmentation around my nostrils and my mouth, but this did a great job evening it all out. The coverage is pretty light for me, as really, I only used a very light hand and did not apply additional layers.

I am pretty impressed with the ability to last throughout the day. I do set my nose with powder as I get very oily there. I live in a very humid, rainy and hot climate right now, but it seems to perform very well.

Love the finish, it's very pretty and natural. And love the performance. I've tried with base and without base, and it does look nicer with the base (more luminosity from the base coming through) though the stayfastness seems about the same.

***Edited on 11/7/11****
Edited from 4 to 5 stars.
This is my go to foundation. It's served me well all summer and fall and recently purchased a B30 (was using B40) to better suit my paler skin. The finish of this foundation is natural and the lasting powers are impressive.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by HeatherSung

I am between MAC NC 30 to 35, shades 30 and 40 fits me well. Chanel foundations just never fails to impress me. I am juggling between 12 liquid foundies now across high end and drugstore brands. This product is by far is the BEST! It is super lightweight yet evens out my skin tone so well and provides flawless finish, with a satiny finish.coverage is sheer to medium. No white cast, photos real well. Blends well, the formula gave me sufficient time to apply and blend well before drying. I used Sigma F80 to buff out. This is exactly what i wanted Giorgio Armani luminous silk fdn to be. I always get good comments on my skin looking fresh, well rested, "you look different today" etc.. Granted that Chanel products are pricey but they do deliver good results. This particular fdn does have a slight chemical scent unlike the usual scent but its nothing too funky smelling, i can live with that.

I also tried layering it with primer correctors from MUFE, Benefit That gal and YSL, it didn't ball up. Thumbs up!

One major observation which bothered me til now was... the formula did slightly corrode my plastic sample jars when i decanted some out for travelling.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by songforafriend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After lemming this foundation for a while ($48 Canadian for a foundation to a poor student, guh) I finally bit the bullet and purchased a bottle. We don't have too many shades in the Great White North, so I wasn't really sure if B20 would be a good match for me. But as it turns out, what comes out in the bottle doesn't have to be. The foundation practically melts into your skin and transforms itself to your skin tone. Very impressive! I know some people have claimed that it turned orangey on them after a few hours, but I never had that problem at all.

I also like the consistency of this product. It's thick enough to squeeze out into a little ball on your finger, but thin enough to spread quickly and evenly. There is a slight fragrance that I'm not particularly fond of (it smells sort of old-lady-ish to me), but it doesn't linger and it's not strong at all so it's not too much of an issue.

The coverage is medium at most, and for someone with a lot of acne scarring like me I thought that it wouldn't be enough. Sure, it doesn't cover those scars (that's what concealer is for anyway) but I actually like the coverage because it feels so light and looks so natural, like you're not even wearing foundation. I wouldn't mind just a little more coverage, but for how light it feels, I don't mind. A few dots peeking here and there adds character to your face. :D

Even though I'm still a poor college student, I would still make room in my budget to repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by LeiSah

beautiful foundation, its light and contrary to what I've been told it gives pretty great coverage. It has a light perfumey smell that i don't mind and gives a pretty healthy glow.i have very sensitive skin and ive been using it all summer long and it doesn't run off my face nor does it break me out. It is definetly a holy grail!