August 1, 2014 | 2056 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by bellyhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have not had much luck in Chanel foundations before as the undertones were too pink for me. I've been sticking to Bobbi Brown as the yellow tints were more agreeable with my skin. But after recently becoming underwhelmed with the "lasting" part of my Oil Free Long Lasting foundation from BB, I decided to give this a try.

Along with the Vitalumiere Aqua, I also purchased a base (I will review that later). I'm fairly tan now, so I got the B40, I will likely need to go down to a lighter shade in the winter. Once shaken up, the consistency is very light and fluid. I tried a foundation brush, but I think just using my fingers worked the best. I'd forgetten the lovely Chanel floral scent of its products, which is strong on application, but fades really quickly.

It goes on very dewy and luminous looking, but dries down to a light powdery finish. It didn't oxidize to a darker or orange tint, but stayed very true to the original applied color. I have some darker pigmentation around my nostrils and my mouth, but this did a great job evening it all out. The coverage is pretty light for me, as really, I only used a very light hand and did not apply additional layers.

I am pretty impressed with the ability to last throughout the day. I do set my nose with powder as I get very oily there. I live in a very humid, rainy and hot climate right now, but it seems to perform very well.

Love the finish, it's very pretty and natural. And love the performance. I've tried with base and without base, and it does look nicer with the base (more luminosity from the base coming through) though the stayfastness seems about the same.

***Edited on 11/7/11****
Edited from 4 to 5 stars.
This is my go to foundation. It's served me well all summer and fall and recently purchased a B30 (was using B40) to better suit my paler skin. The finish of this foundation is natural and the lasting powers are impressive.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by HeatherSung

I am between MAC NC 30 to 35, shades 30 and 40 fits me well. Chanel foundations just never fails to impress me. I am juggling between 12 liquid foundies now across high end and drugstore brands. This product is by far is the BEST! It is super lightweight yet evens out my skin tone so well and provides flawless finish, with a satiny finish.coverage is sheer to medium. No white cast, photos real well. Blends well, the formula gave me sufficient time to apply and blend well before drying. I used Sigma F80 to buff out. This is exactly what i wanted Giorgio Armani luminous silk fdn to be. I always get good comments on my skin looking fresh, well rested, "you look different today" etc.. Granted that Chanel products are pricey but they do deliver good results. This particular fdn does have a slight chemical scent unlike the usual scent but its nothing too funky smelling, i can live with that.

I also tried layering it with primer correctors from MUFE, Benefit That gal and YSL, it didn't ball up. Thumbs up!

One major observation which bothered me til now was... the formula did slightly corrode my plastic sample jars when i decanted some out for travelling.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by songforafriend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After lemming this foundation for a while ($48 Canadian for a foundation to a poor student, guh) I finally bit the bullet and purchased a bottle. We don't have too many shades in the Great White North, so I wasn't really sure if B20 would be a good match for me. But as it turns out, what comes out in the bottle doesn't have to be. The foundation practically melts into your skin and transforms itself to your skin tone. Very impressive! I know some people have claimed that it turned orangey on them after a few hours, but I never had that problem at all.

I also like the consistency of this product. It's thick enough to squeeze out into a little ball on your finger, but thin enough to spread quickly and evenly. There is a slight fragrance that I'm not particularly fond of (it smells sort of old-lady-ish to me), but it doesn't linger and it's not strong at all so it's not too much of an issue.

The coverage is medium at most, and for someone with a lot of acne scarring like me I thought that it wouldn't be enough. Sure, it doesn't cover those scars (that's what concealer is for anyway) but I actually like the coverage because it feels so light and looks so natural, like you're not even wearing foundation. I wouldn't mind just a little more coverage, but for how light it feels, I don't mind. A few dots peeking here and there adds character to your face. :D

Even though I'm still a poor college student, I would still make room in my budget to repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by LeiSah

beautiful foundation, its light and contrary to what I've been told it gives pretty great coverage. It has a light perfumey smell that i don't mind and gives a pretty healthy glow.i have very sensitive skin and ive been using it all summer long and it doesn't run off my face nor does it break me out. It is definetly a holy grail!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by clockworkmices

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really liked this! I have very fair (Illamasqua RLF115 kind of fair) cool toned skin with lots of pink and red acne scarring and this works really nicely on me. I bought it in Beige Pastel/B10, it's a bit too yellow toned and at first I thought it would be way too dark, but once I blended it out and set it with powder you don't notice. It doesn't give a lot of coverage but it smooths out all my pores except for the huge ones, hides freckles, evens out my skin tone and looks really natural and pretty. I put concealer over it to cover up acne scarring because for that it's not great, but it gives a lovely translucent healthy finish, like how I wish my skin was! It doesn't cake, doesn't transfer, and doesn't oxidise. It's a bit expensive but for what it does to my skin it's definitely worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried it in the spring and hated it! It emphazied my lines and dryness...Tried it again in July and still hated it...until I moisturized very well! It looks soo perfect on my skin....I usually use the reg Vitalumiere but sometimes it would look way too oily and ugly on my skin. This is great and cheaper. Im a 20 in Vitalumiere and use B20 in Aqua. If you have dry skin.....moisturize well!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Jibriell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

After watching videos and reading so many great comments about this foundation I wanted to have it so bad but unfortunately Chanel makeup line can't be found in my country so I gave up about this one, that is until 3-4 weeks ago when I spent a week in Aruba. The first thing I did was go to a cosmetics store and buy this product.

I'm so thankful that I was able to own and try this foundation! It's so amazing it became my HG instantly after the first try! It has a slight dewy finish and I have to set it with a little bit of powder but that is because I live in a very hot and humid country so I have to set everything with powder anyways.
It's very light and it feels and looks like my skin but better, smells really good and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, it can be applied with a brush or fingers and the results are great either way. I'm NC25 and B30 Beige-Sable it's a great match. The packaging is very convenient not only for storage purposes but also for traveling. Would definitely buy again if I have the chance.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Cozyrosy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the hype - it's so similar to Vitalumiere! And I'm sorry but it broke me out.
Positives: Blends well, easy application, very skinlike finish, medium coverage, works well with dry skin, no flaky finish. Nice smell (Chanelesque).
Negatives: Chanel colour range (limited where I live)
Neutral: Pricey, but hey, we know that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said. I'm NC 30 for reference and I have this foundation in Beige Desert. This is so light on the skin yet provides medium (light medium) coverage that looks so nice. Very natural but polished and fresh. I use as little as possible. I recommend using as little as you can get away with because this stuff isn't cheap. It's Chanel... no $urprise there. I have a very oily t zone and this totally holds up. I do have to blot/powder twice/day...once in the morning and once in the afternoon. However, that's my daily life no matter what foundation I wear. My bf complimented how nice my skin looked and I didn't have to ask!! Actually, I quit asking because he says he can't tell the difference from one foundation from another but he can with this one. He said, "Your skin looks very smooth... looks like your skin. I can't see the foundation like I can with the others you've tried." God bless him:) The color selection might be a challenge for some but I think it depends on who is behind the make up counter. Some SAs really don't have a clue! I highly recommend getting a sample to try. That's what I did and ended up going back to the dept store to buy it.

EDIT: This is my favorite foundation that I've tried in a very long time. LOVE IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Russianlass

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great foundation!! I usually wear LM tinted moisturizer. I do not like feel of heavy makeup, or the look for that matter. I was given a few samples of this at the Chanel counter in Nordstorm. I used the different color samples that they gave me for a few weeks and I have to say that I love this foundation. It provides a light matte coverage that still manages to look a little dewy and natural. I didn't realize that I was getting hardly any coverage from the LM tinted moisturizer. Granted it is a TM and not a foundation. As soon as I applied this I was shocked at how well it evened out my skin tone. Someone at work commented that first day that I looked "glowy" and wanted to know who I was seeing. I tried to convince her it was the makeup, but she wasn't buying it. Anyway, I wear the shade B20. I tried B10 way too light and I wore the B30 for weeks, but since summer is ending I think that shade is took dark. I like the brightening look of a lighter foundation as opposed to a slightly darker one. Having said that they all looked ok since the formula is so light. I have tried lots of foundations and TM moisturizers and this is my favorite. This foundation really gives a natural healthy look to the skin. It is lightweight, but still have good coverage. You really need to shake the bottle to blend the ingredients, otherwise it is really running. that is the only negative that I can think of.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No