September 2, 2014 | 1548 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by JennieT2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Am really liking this product. I have used Revlon Colorstay, NARS Sheer Glow, MAC Studio Fix Fluid, Covergirl Trublend, Smashbox foundation, MUFE Mat Velvet +, BareMinerals Matte, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation....and who knows how many more. This product works better than some of them, even the higher end ones like NARS and MUFE. This product is medium, easily full coverage foundation. The consistency is pretty thick. I stipple it on with a flat top foundation brush and then buff it out. The finish is matte/satin. very good coverage-I have acne/scarring and this covers both with no problems. I am usually the lightest shade and I purchased shade 100 and it matches well with no problems.
EDIT: i initially gave this product a 4 and am now revising to a 2. After my summer tan started to fade, the color was not a very good match for me any longer, and I could not find a lighter shade. The consistency became too thick after owning this product for a couple weeks, so I am back to using MAC Studio Fix Fluid.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by pinkandgreendotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if I would completely rave about this product, however it is a pretty good foundation. There are a lot of positive things about it....
I'm not sure about the whole 25 hour thing but it definitely lasts for at least a good 10 hours. It offers medium-full coverage and is easily applied with my fingers, which is always a plus in my book. I actually like the packaging quite a lot, the only thing that would make it better would be a pump simply because pump foundations are always easier in my opinion. The packaging is a good idea as the squeeze tube makes it very easy to get the product out and I feel like it will allow me to not lose much product, also the packaging prevents any air from being pushed into the bottle which will help decrease the spread of bacteria and help the product last longer.
Finally, though, there are a few CONS to this product to be aware of:

1) The shade selection is pretty slim. Fortunately I'm fairly pale so the 100 shade works well for me, but the next shade that I found at my store was 200 which is drastically darker, so when I fake tan I just mix the two together. It's not a huge problem but this is definitely a foundation you may just have to commit to mixing two colors together with, because an exact shade match seems rare to find.

2) While it's not too difficult to apply the foundation with my fingers, it is a little different in terms of blending. It's a very thick formula and doesn't glide quite so easily across the face. My advice is to use a good lightweight primer that smooths your skin out, it doesn't have to be fancy but it will definitely make the application smoother and easier, lately I've been using my E.L.F. mineral infused primer when I apply this foundation.

This is definitley one of my go-to everyday foundations and I do think it's a great deal because it's affordable to begin with, you get a good amount of product, and you normally always find it on some kind of sale!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by dbourque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My biggest foundation issue is its lasting time. It's hard to find a foundation that stays put all day. I first fell in love with Revlon's ColorStay, but when I ran out of my bottle, I was not in any way prepared to dish out the ~$15 to repurchase so after some mild research, I picked up Rimmel's Lasting Finish foundation and it has quickly become my favourite foundation ever. The price is great and the lasting power is amazing! I have darrrrrk circles and after hours on end spent at school, I still look alive! Excellent coverage, easy to blend, doesn't break me out. Definitely worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Dominique428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have NC 35 skin tone and #202 best matches my skin tone. Medium coverage.
Works great with MAC's MSF in medium plus without looking matte while still giving a semi-dewey finish. That said, it def lasts all day. Face still looks put together.
Replaced all my more expensive foundations: MAC
studio fix, NARS sheer glow, Laura mercier silk creme, Chanel vitalumier. If I had to compare it to a high end foundation... It's smoothe like Chanel vitalumier but lasts ALOT longer

Only con is the inadequate color selection... They need more yellow tone colors...202 is the closest. Love this so much, I bought 2 back ups.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by xoSweetestSin

Usually if I go to a drug store I find my color and buy it but thank God I tried this one on first since there were few colors to choose from. All the colors were soooo LIGHT! Does rimmel only cater to the fair skinned? or does it oxidize to a whole new shade? when I tried it on my skin it didnt even look similar to the color on the label. or maybe I needed to shake the bottle? and when I went through the reviews everyone was either "fair-medium" so I guess it makes sense. however there was a 5 lippie review from someone whos skin tone was labeled "tan". not 4 me. still on the quest to find my HG

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by angeljuvinesent2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation! I love this and I dont think Im ever gonna replace this. Ive been using this for 5months now and it really made a big difference in my skin. It gives me full coverage which is what my acne scarred face needs. I barely use any concealer with this foundation. It controls oily really well. And the best part is that it doesnt break me out! I break out so easily but this didnt made me break out, not a single zit. Its pretty affordable too, around $6-$8 dollars. But I always get this on a BOGO 50% off deal. One thing that I would say Im not entirely happy with is the color selection. Im an NC30 and the shade I use is 201 Classic beige or 202 Nude. One is either too light or too dark. But thats fine, my powder takes care of adjusting the color. Im never gonna use anything else, or at least I find something better. But so far, Ive tried many foundations, including high end ones, and I always go back to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by yloshaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought because i seen it on sale at shoppers. i generally stay away from the rimmel foundations as i could only find deeper tones. well i found un ivory and it matches well. it stays on a fairly long time. i will probably be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. I haven't had a lot of experience with foundations but this is quite nice for the winter season if you have dry skin. It's very creamy and very opaque. The finish isn't completely matte but it's not dewy either. This is definitely full coverage. I'm NC20 for reference and I used 103 True Ivory. It's a bit on the pink side but quite neutral compared to many other drugstore foundation (which is often too pink/beige if you're of Asian descent). I also found it a bit difficult to blend because of that; I apply with a foundation brush but blend with my fingers. It does stay on better than other foundations I've tried which makes it slightly harder to remove. It comes in a squeeze bottle which is nice and sanitary. A little goes a long way-- not that it matters. I bought it for 6CAD on sale! I might buy it again just for its price and product, although I am hoping for something more yellow undertoned. I will update if it causes my skin to break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by kyphie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Whoa! The texture of this took some getting used to for me. It's very thick and does not spead as easily as some foundations I have used. But, I do feel that the end result is worth it. Leaves a nice, lasting finish that I set with a little bit of powder. I could see this product being a little bit oily for some people though. I have very dry skin and even on me it can feel a little slick a few hours into my day. It's a nice, inexpensive foundation but I don't see myself repurchasing when I use my tube. As far as rimmel foundations go I prefer the renew and lift.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Sinjin1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love to mix this foundation with moisturizer for a light and dewy look. It's very buildable when you need a bit more coverage. I liked renew and lift better, but this is good make up for a decent price.