August 27, 2014 | 1835 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by kmvvp09

I never buy drug store products because they are usually not that great of a bargain due to the fact that they are minimally concentrated, low quality, tend to cake, not finely milled, etc....This, however, is an exception-it is truly fantastic. I consider it to be better than any high end under eye wand, such as touche eclat, mister light, fresh supernova, etc.....and it is a fourth of the price. It is definately worth a try, I do not think you will be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by flashdownglory

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I never really write reviews even though I am addicted to this website! I LOVE this product. I am a pretty big make up snob, but when something is THAT GOOD I shout to the whole world. This is very thin but conceals beautifully. I have very dark circles and recession- it's a heredity thing, but this works better than my makeupforever and time balm (which I love). It is thin so reapplication is necessary bit it does not settle into my fine lined the way most concealors do. It's a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 4:04:00 AM More reviews by princess101

Great product! Not only does this hydrate my dry undereye skin, but the mineral pigments really do a great job at brightening and in a completely natural way. This melts into my skin and blends seamlessly with the rest of my eye area. It does not settle into any lines, or enhance my dry skin. It lasts all day and is so lightweight I forget I have it on. I have found that this also works well with the dry, dark areas around my nostrils. This undereye concealer/treatment has temporarily replaced my L'oreal touche magique brightening concealer. I do not agree with their advertising in that the applicator is hygeinic. Rolling the tip under your eye repeatedly, day after day, will inevitably gather bacteria and transfer it into the product in the wand.

EDIT: I generally like to wear this when I'm in a rush, and just conceal, dust on powder, blush and go. I have also used this under other concealers for a smooth application.

Only available in one shade in Canada, but the box does not state which shade. Perhaps light/medium as it works well with my nc20/25 skin. I will probably switch back to Touche Magique in the summer months when I tan, as there is a larger shade selection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Like many, here, I am definitely a fan of this product. This works just as well under a mineral-powder foundation as it does under liquids or cremes, and does a surprisingly good job of brightening the under-eye area and concealing dark circles. Another plus: it doesn't accentuate fine lines. (I'm personally skeptical about any "treatment" properties, but didn't purchase it for that particular purpose, so... no loss.)
One other thing I've discovered about this, it makes an *excellent* eyeshadow primer! Will happily re-purchase.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i was very skeptical about buying this. i have tried more undereye concealers than i can recall, but never loved any of them. i'm a sleep deprived college kid, and my undereyes have suffered the brunt of this lifestyle. i wasn't expecting much out of this, but since makeupbytiffanyd recommended it, i thought i'd give it a shot.

the formula is very thin and runny, but covers surprisingly well. after i patted it around my eyes, it dried to a sort of soft, satin finish and was virtually undetectable. i'm very fair- nc-15 ish, maybe even lighter, and the color worked well for me. it's more nc-20 ish, but around my eyes it looks fine. what i especially like is that it hasn't creased on me at all, even though i didn't even set it with anything (i hate powder under the eyes, gross) i usually have a problem with that, um, maybe because i blink a lot with my contacts? who knows. i just always get creases, but haven't with this because the formula is so thin and light. love it.

um, as far as the treatment part goes, i have no idea. i guess i never expect dark circle treatments to do much, anyway so i haven't really paid any attention. it's good enough as a concealer.

ok, so the one con- the packaging LEAKS so badly when you store it on it's side. to fix this, just store it upright. it's a huge pain, though. i wish they'd fix that. otherwise this would be a 5 star rating.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've gotta say, I was never much of a drugstore cosmetic kinda gal but thanks to reviews on here, I've scored some fantastic products and saved a ton of money so thank you all!!

I just turned 31 and my eyes are starting to look a little more hollowed each year, it's hereditary, I always look tired and I've come to accept it but still need some help to not look like a skeleton. I really liked how this worked over my BB concealer, it really brighted up my entire undereye area and immediately made me look well rested. It's very light and watery but blended quickly and seamlessly. There is only one color which looks pretty light but it matched perfectly over my BB conealer (bisque).

As I normally do with new cosmetics, I recruited an expert for their opinion - enter Ted, my fiance' who's honesty is unparalleled. My approach is blind, I do not tell him what has changed. I beckon him to the window near natural light and play the "What's different, why is it different and which side is better?" game which I advise to play with caution as men are programmed to automatically say how they feel with the exception of the "does this make me look fat?" question, they are well aware of this boobie-trap and are hard-wired to say, "no."

I just got this a few days ago so I left it at 4 lippies until I can be confident it deserves 5 as I am verrrrry stingy with my 5-star ratings. Multitudes of 5-star ratings often send my butt off the couch and out to the store to buy and I'd never want to mislead anyone to spending money on something I didn't feel 110% confident in recommending.

*Update 6/9/12 - I find that this settles into my lines in the warmer months so I don't reach for it all that often anymore.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow! I am super impressed with this product. I think I am a somewhat picky person when it comes to products effectiveness. I always have to know a store's return policy on opened cosmetics or beauty products before buying from them because I am the Queen of the Returns! At any rate, I will definitely not be returning this because it WORKS.
I am in my 20's and have slight-moderate dark circles under my eyes (but no puffiness). My skin is fair with slight yellow undertones-NC20- and this concealer matches my skin PERFECTLY. I am not even kidding when I say that you can't see the concealer at all when I'm wearing it. I don't wear foundation during Winter and my skin is seamless with this concealer on. It covers the darkness about 90%, which is good enough for me. I've never been able to find a concealer in the past that was the right shade or right consistency. This concealer is light, blends perfectly, and does not cake or crease. Also easy to apply with the ball-pen applicator.

When I saw this recommended on the boards I had to try it and I'm so glad I did. My eyes look perky instead of droopy like they usually do. I am the type of person who looks tired most of the time, and after applying this, I couldn't believe how much more awake I looked. It really is a miracle drugstore product. If you are light skinned with warm to neutral undertones, I'd definitely recommend trying it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Jwls23

Amazing I have tried many many under eye concealers and have never found one quite like this. It covers amazingly well and because it is so thin in consistency it blends really well. For me this is a huge plus b/c it allows you to be very gentle with your under eye area while still getting excellent coverage. Most concealers with this amount of coverage are super thick or drying which can cause damage to your under eyes by drying out the skin or causing you to tug on your skin to blend. This is amazing! I want to buy it for all the other ladies in my life! Picking one up for my momma for sure! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'll admit...I was dubious.

I have very dark undereye circles that are hereditary. No amount of sleep, or water, or anything else diminishes them. Naturally, I tend to seek out heavy duty products to conceal. And baby...I have tried them ALL.

My problem lately is that at the age of 41, I also have fine lines to contend with. That makes concealing a problem, since most of the heavier coverage options tend to emphasize those lines by either settling into them or creasing around them. I've realized I'm going to have to sacrifice some coverage in order to get a more natural and youthful look from my concealer.

So I decided to give this a try after reading all the positive reviews. I did not have high hopes, as it didn't seem possible that such a liquidy formulation could do what I needed it to do.

Did it completely cover my undereye circles? No. But I didn't expect it to. But it did provide A LOT more coverage than I expected; enough that I was comfortable with the look I achieved. I was also surprised by the so-called "brightening" properties. I always take that claim with a grain of salt, but I do think it gave that area a little extra brightness.

I also found it to be very good for spot concealing on my face, although to be honest I don't have serious issues to cover. I do have some post acne hyperpigmentation though, and the occasional blemish. I've found it more than adequate to address those minor issues. I've also found that because it does have a very light consistency, it can be layered to a degree without becoming cakey or unnatural looking, This also means that I can reapply if needed without worrying.

Best of all? It didn't crease or cake or get that odd-spider webby texture that some concealers do. For that reason, I think it makes me look fresher and more youthful than a heavy duty product.

The rollerball applicator...eh. Not horrible, not great. I do think it's convenient for tossing in my purse and it works just fine in a pinch. But at home I dab it onto a concealer brush to apply.

All in all a great little prodcut and definitely worth the eleven dollar price tag. I think this will last a really long time, making it an even greater value.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

Really great product! It has a tint to it so I use it as a concealer. I find it really disgusises my undereye circles and it blends in very easily. I can use this even when I have no other makeup on my face and it seems to hide my dark circles without looking like I'm obviously wearing concealer. I haven't really noticed a difference in my undereye circles without makeup even though its a treatment, but then again I haven't been using it long enough to show drastic results. I love the roller ball applicator because it distributes just the right amount of product. It feels cooling on the eyes too. I would highly recommend this to fair/medium complexions with undereye circles. The tint might be too light for darker skin colors. Its a double duty concealer/treatment product!