October 25, 2014 | 1667 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Annabanana91

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, so I just got this on Christmas (the purple one!) and I've used it once every day, because I heard its not good to use it too much, but I plan on using it twice a day after my skin is more used to it. So far my skin's texture has greatly improved. I used to have really dry skin and I'd use two moisturizers daily (Cetaphil and Neutrogena). I had also been putting 10% benzoyl peroxide on my face every night, but it was dry before I started doing that. Anyway, now I only have to use one moisturizer (Cetaphil) and it goes on so smoothly and sinks in instantly. I use the Clarisonic gentle cleanser that came with it, and I like it. Also, I definitely AM experiencing purging. I used to only get red bumps on my face, and now I am getting small white head pimples. I heard this is normal, and I'm going to keep using it. I will be updating every one or two weeks so I can document any progress.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I debated on purchasing a Clarisonic for about 2 years. I have pretty "good" skin with no real issues, and I couldn't justify a $150 face brush, even though I am a product whore and I wanted it. I bought the Olay $30 version, used it for a month as a trial, and decided to bite the bullet & just buy the Clarisonic. I bought the Mia2 for $150 at Sephora, which is a newer version of the Mia with 2 speeds and a travel case. So far, I am in *love.* It is a totally different brush than the Olay, which basically rotates and exfoliates. The Mia vibrates with sonic action, similar to the sonicare toothbrushes, or pro jewelry cleaners. Because of this, the cleansing action is entirely different. It cleanses much better and decongests pores. I do find that it provides mild exfoliation as a side bonus. My skin is insanely smooth after each use, but it doesn't feel stripped or exfoliated down. I use mine with Lacura hydrating cleanser ($3 from Aldi). My skin tends to be dry, and the Clarisonic really amplifies whatever cleanser you're using, so I need something really gentle & hydrating to use with this. Philosophy Purity was recommended to me by the Sephora SA, but I tried it and found it too drying/harsh with the Clarisonic. It doesn't feel like much is happening when you're using it, but I was shocked at how smooth my makeup went on and how much better my products absorbed after using the Mia. Again, my skin was pretty nice to begin with, so I was not expecting much, but I can see benefits already from using this brush. I am excited to keep using this and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by StephanieKC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this a month ago and I have used it every day. I really saw no improvements right away, but after a month I can say that I love the effect it has had on my skin. I have extremely fair skin with large pores and dark sebum plugs on my nose and chin. I have always noticed that after cleansing, my pores look smaller with less sebum, but that the look faded after about an hour. Using the Mia2, my pores STAY smaller all day. With no make-up on, my face looks the same at the end of the day as it did right after cleansing. I break out far less, and have fewer lines as well. Overall, I love this product and highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by TraciLeigh

Love, love, love!!! I'm so glad I purchased this finally. I kept going back and forth because it is fairly expensive but then I thought about how easily i'll drop $80 on a facial so I decided to give this a go and cut back on the facials. I can see this saving me a ton of money in the future. My skin is so soft after using the Mia. The SA told me that it would be perfect for my skin and that I didn't need the more expensive one bc it is more for body acne which I don't have. I highly recommend this. Plus, I had a 20% off coupon at Ulta!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

EDIT: I do like this product, but don't expect miracle results. It has improved my skin a little, but not too too much. I've kept it just because I've gotten used to the clean it gives me, and I kind of like the routine of it. I've had this for a little over a week, and am not overly impressed. Yes, it does make my skin softer and feel super clean, but not much else. I have oily skin, large pores, and some acne scarring. Nothing too crazy, but I'm a perfectionist. My boyfriend bought me this as an early Christmas present, and at first I was expecting miracle results. Truthfully, it does do what it says; it cleans your face very well. I didn't notice much of a difference to my skin, although my sister mentioned that my pores had shrunk a little, but that may be due to my makeup change. I'm going to keep it another month because it is a good product to have (it does clean your face very well), but I can't justify $130 for a clean face. Overall, I'm meh about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by janeyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I asked for this for Christmas, and I've gotta say, I was really scared. I've seen a ridiculous number of horrible reviews for this product, from people with similar skin to mine. I was going to wait a while before doing this, but I decided instead to update it as time progresses.

I've been using my Clarisonic Mia for about three days now. I use it twice a day, no more, no less (even though I want to be using it all the time!). It's really a very cool product. The packaging is sleek, and it comes in so many color options. Mine was purchased at Ulta, I ended up receiving the turquoise color. The bristles of the brush were much softer than I expected. I expected a very abrasive product, and for my skin, this brush is less abrasive than some of the scrubs I've used in the past.

The first time I used the brush, I was a bit disappointed. This brush is made out to seem like a one-minute miracle worker, a fast way to perfect skin. After my first use, my skin was a little softer, but not much. I didn't see a whole lot of difference. I remembered a review I had read that stated that this brush does what it promises and nothing more, and it does. It promises clean skin. My skin definitely feels clean after using this. It promises soft, smooth skin. After three days, my mother already commented on how soft my face was. It promises portability. The day after I got it, I packed it up and brought it from New York to Atlanta, Georgia, then to Florida.

I haven't noticed any purging symptoms yet, but that may be due to the fact that I already have three acne cysts from that time of the month. My skin is a little sensitive, but so far I haven't had any major problems. I've noticed today that my skin looks a lot healthier. I haven't changed anything else in my skin care routine, so I figure it must be the Clarisonic. It's always been easy to skip washing my face every now and then, because it's such a chore, but now I don't think I'll ever forget! Using the Mia is really fun! :) I plan on getting the deep pore cleansing brush heads and the delicate brush heads as soon as I get home.

Overall, I think this is a really nice product. It isn't magic, it doesn't turn your skin beautiful overnight, but I think with time, this will be a really useful tool in keeping my skin looking great.

**Edit: Two Years Later**
I recently rediscovered my Clarisonic and I gotta say I don't know how I lived without it for two years. I'm obsessed. It keeps my skin soft and fresh, and when I'm using it religiously, I don't break out.
I use it with a Dr. Lewinn by Kinerase face cleanser and Aveeno moisturizer, and I love it so much!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by stormV301

YAY!!! My Clarisonic Mia arrived in the post yesterday, so I got to use it for the first time this evening after taking off my make up. I got mine from Amazon UK when they were on offer for around £72!!! Bargain - sadly I think they have gone up to the normal £120 on there now, but keep an eye out if you are thinking of getting one as they may have them on offer again.

So after the first use, my face definately felt good - time will tell whether it is any better than the Sisley face brush I have been using for the past year. I am almost certain it will be better!! ha! Buut will keep you posted :)

I am using my Mia with Elemis Tri Enzyme face wash in the morning, and with Elemis Sensitive cleansing face wash in the evening after taking off my makeup.

Let the test for me begin!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by luvmyface11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE my MIA!!!! I have (had) oily skin in some areas such as my checks and nose but am relatively dry around my mouth and normal on my forehead... (I know a hot mess) so you can imagine my skin care regimen has to be strict!!! When I first starting using the MIA I was a little skeptical as I did have two breakouts on my cheeck but it may have been due to my make up so not really sure but what I can say now is that those breakouts are completly gone from my face!!!! I also suffer from post acne scars which have left brown marks on my face... ughhhh... well with the help of the MIA my marks are beginning to fade and I have only been using it for about 3 weeks now... I use it twice a day with my BIORE face cleanser and I use toner and moisturizer after. Ladies and gents even if you have oily skin as I do, please please please do not skip moisturizing!!! It will balance out your skin and reduce the formation of oil!!! Since using the MIA I have seen a significant change in the way my face looks and the tone of it. I have this glow to my face now and I feel confident enough that I dont even wear foundation anymore!!! I would definately tell EVERYONE to get this product. It is a little expensive but so worth the INVESTMENT of clear and beautiful skin!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Jpain96

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A few years ago, I tried out the Clarisonic once at Sephora. Fell in love. It cleared out half of my clogged pores in one go. Couldn't afford it though. THEN I bought it this year!!! Went through 6 weeks of purging (which sucked), but stuck to it and after 6 weeks of regular use, I am frequently stopped and told that my "skin is glowing". Love it.

For ppl who have sensitive skin, use once every other day for the first 2 or 3 weeks to let your skin get used to it, then try using once a day. I have super sensitive skin (can't even have a mask on during facials) and am now able to use this morning and night. Don't give up after 30 days, some ppl take 6 weeks of purging, but it's worth it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by cpacifica

I always thought my desert island product would be sun screen but after using the Mia for the last month, this has taken the crown. I'm not sure what I ever did without it. I LOVE this little gadget and am buying one for my sister for Christmas. In the first few days my skin glowed and there was an immediate improvement in texture - I couldn't believe how soft it felt. I am acne prone and should advise that after the first week I went through about 10 days of breakouts but after reading reviews, understand that this is a common experience. I stuck with it and my skin is clearing up dramatically and looking better than it has in ages. I use a toner/cleanser after washing my face and when washing manually, no matter how thoroughly, I was always disappointed by how much make-up residue there was on the cotton ball - and I don't wear that much make up. After cleansing with the Mia - nothing - the cotton is as white as fresh snow. My skin feels oh so soft, refreshed and clean, clean clean! I look forward to my morning and evening cleansing ritual and consider it a treat. Also when I was trying to decide which machine in the Clarisonic line to buy I looked for comparison reviews to help with my choice and couldn't find many. Thinking that my fellow gentle readers might be in the same situation I thought I'd add that although I've not used the Classic or Plus and can't compare, I'm glad I went with this little gem instead of it's pricer siblings. It's delivered fantastic results, easy to travel with and I couldn't be happier. I must confess that I am curious to try the body brush that only comes with the Plus but absolutely no regrets - I have a good loofa. I do use the Mia on my neck and décolletage and it works a treat. I take the brush off every night and let it and the hand unit air dry completely. They say to do this once a week, but I think it stays cleaner and more hygienic done nightly. So so happy with this product. One final thought, over the last week I've been testing a nightly Manuka honey mask for my acne and am really pleased with the results. Mia + Manuka = TLF for me.