Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 12/24/2008 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have tried all cleansers, but I always come back to this.
After dealing with acne for years and 2 courses of accutane, this stuff seems to keep my skin in baby soft perfectly clear condition.
It is not harsh, and doesn't dry me out. It is quite capable of keeping the little bumps and sports at bay. I would say that it is perfection in a bottle.

on 12/23/2008 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Neutrogena's products are all ridicously harsh for my skin.
they break me out leaving red blotches and dry spot.
but this one takes the cake.
I hated this one. It burned.!

on 12/22/2008 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Did nothing to help control breakouts and actually made my sensitive skin break out more. The formula leaves a dry, sticky reside on my skin and I had to user toner to remove the residue. I will not repurchase.

on 12/21/2008 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I used Neutrogena Oil Free Acne wash for several months hoping to find a cleanser that would help control acne breakouts. I have oil skin and hoped that the oil-free wash would help keep the breakouts under control. It did not help with controlling the breakouts. It also seemed to leave a soapy residue on my skin. I think that for someone with occasional pimple, it will probably help keep the problem under control. My issue is a little more severe and needed something that would not leave residue on the skin. Overall, I was disappointed.

on 12/17/2008 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This wash caused me a horrible red rash all over my face that was incredibly itchy, and very obvious to everyone (which as you can imagine was quite embarrasing). And I don't have sensitive skin! This stuff is way too harsh, like paint stripper.

on 12/16/2008 3:14:00 AM

I've been using this wash for 4 months after using the grapfruit bodywash for acne and had instant results.I had gotten some serious cyst like zits after using Bliss products and needed instant help. I have not gotten one since!
I've noticed a bit drying now that its winter (i also use lustra-ultra lightening cream) but no crazy reactions, just switched to a heavier moisterizer. For the price and the time period Ive been using this wash its def. worth it

on 12/5/2008 12:33:00 PM

I got a sample of this from my Derm and it last me about a month. It cleans my skin but it's really drying and I have NORM/COMBO skin. It didnt do anything for my acne. It's too drying for me. WOnt ever buy this.

on 11/10/2008 2:40:00 AM

I've read online that salicylic acid is bad for sensitive skin. I have skin that generally stays red all the time and whenever I have breakouts I would mix 1 pump of neutrogena's oil free acne wash and 1 pump of my extra gentle neutrogena cleanser and massage the combination onto my skin. If I have only one pimple I would cut the mixture by half and apply it only on the problematic area and use the extra gentle cleanser everywhere else. I do this two times and my pimple dies down immediately after each use. My skin rarely breaks out anymore and it does not get red after I cleanse it this way. But it will get red if I don't mix it. I can only use the neutrogena acne wash alone on areas of my face that is not red (like my chin) and my face does not react to the acid at all. But be warned, even after using my combo cleanser I still have to apply a moisturizer around the area of the pimple and all over my face just like how everyone should moisturize after cleansing and toning.

on 11/3/2008 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This didn't seem to do much for my skin. It only made my face feel really tight after washing it off and made my face feel even oily-er afterwards as it stripped all the oils from my face.

on 11/1/2008 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought this for a basic cleanser that I could use every day or so. I have been using it for a couple months now and like it okay, but it sometimes dries out my cheeks too much. I won't repurchase, but probably look for another basic wash that won't dry out my cheeks.