BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 8/14/2011 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This bronzer is a great colour! It's not too orange on my very fair skin but is the same colour as my skin would tan naturally. As it's matt it looks totally natural and just adds a little bit of warmth. A great product!

on 8/10/2011 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hoola from benefit is a beautiful color and it is matte! perfect right!? it is! but just for 28 dollars and little product, i find it to be too expensive...NYC has a bronzer that is a little similiar to this so thats where ill be getting my bronzer. i just wish it wasnt so god darn expensive. this isnt a surgery, its just powder for 28 bucks. but if you have the money, definitely get it! youll love it. im a NC 42 so its just a subtle contour in my first application but its definitely buildable !

BUY IT....if your rich

I absolutely love love love this product, its fantastic for medium skin as it is not too dark and not too light PERFECTO! its beautiful for the day time as it has no shimmer in it so your face doesnt look like a christmas card, its fab for contouring makes your cheek bones really stand out <3
The two only bad things I'd say about it is the pricing I live in Australia so its a little pricey but thats ok hahahaha but its biggest fault would have to be the packaging size the box is gorgeous and stuff but trying to fit my kabuci brush in there is kind of difficult but besides those tiny weiny faults it is ABSOLUTELY FAB AND MAKE ME LOOK TANNED, GLOWY & FLAWLESS WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE AN UMPA LUMP RESULT!!!!

i was scared that this would be too light to be used for contouring on my asian, olive-toned, NC35 skin, but it's actually REALLY nice. it actually looks extremely naturally on my cheekbones (: the only complaint i have is the packaging, brush, and price. i really liked that they included a brush, but the brush is a little too scratchy for my liking. packaging is adorable, but it would've been nicer if there was a mirror. and of course, as with all benefit products, the price is a bit steep for .4 oz.

on 8/1/2011 5:38:00 PM

I bought this bronzer after reading about it in Closer magazine. I was really eager to try it as its not often you come across a bronzer that doesn't contain glitter. It gives a nice subtle bronzed look to my pale skin without being too dark. It is very brown so even if I accidentally apply a little too much it doesn't look orange which is great. I don't love the packaging as it takes up more room in my makeup bag than I would like. The brush that comes with it is terrible so instead I use my Bourjois bronzer brush which is great. Although it is quite pricey a little goes a long way so it will last ages.

on 8/1/2011 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have light olive skintone and I thought/got told this would be an amazing bronzer...

NO, i dunno why as it is very pigmented but it just does not show up on my skin unless i add tons and tons.

Sucks as I know many people rave about this- just wasn't for me.

I regret buying it but I do still use it every now and then.

on 7/24/2011 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I will never use another bronzer! you can't go wrong with this bronzer, I very rarely wear bronzer but when I do this one is just right as it builds up colour slowly and is very managable.

on 7/20/2011 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

this bronzer is VERY DARK. and very matte. it's not suitable for my skintone, it's also very cakey and streaky. this might be okay for darker skin tones, but it's very cakey and streaky, so i don't know. honestly if your are light or fair, i'd steer clear. its so cute, i know.

on 7/19/2011 2:35:00 PM

I've been a devoted Hoola user for 12 years. Hoola is the perfect shade of naturally tan, without ever looking orangy or cakey. However, I am no longer going to be using this product at the fault of Benefit. The packaging of Hoola is a complete failure.

I've always been annoyed by the fact that it's in a square container, because you can never get all the way to the corners of the counter intuitive box it comes in, and a ton of product goes to waste. I'd say the last 35% of the bronzer goes to complete waste, which is unfortunate because it aint cheap! In additon, the stupid little brush they include is a complete waste of money and materials - I've never used that thing to apply the powder and neither do any of my friends who use Hoola, either.

But what REALLY has caused me to stop using the product is the new box design that just came out. Benefit has reduced the amount of bronzer from .40 oz to .28oz but has kept the price the SAME! They shaved off almost HALF of the bronzer amount, but are still charging $28. I noticed this after my beloved bronzer ran down to the tin after only a week and a half with the new box, and I looked at my old box and low and behold - I saw the new shady change. After contacting Benefit customer service and getting the runaround, it's apparent that they don't give a toot about their customers, and I'll be finding a new bronzer as a result. I can't afford over $30 for bronzer every other week. My 12 year streak has come to an end. They just lost a LOYAL customer.

on 7/17/2011 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this is my favourite bronzer. Bronzers are an item that I purchase a lot of and have many in my collection and this is the one I always gravitate towards. I love the colour and it seems to be the perfect amount of colour. It is a little on the pricey side but in it's defense, it does last quite awhile. I will repurchase this. Update: I have found that this tends to make me look dirty.. I have moved onto the Prestige bronzer as it tends to look more natural.

Popular Bronzers