October 22, 2014 | 2066 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by smkmacca

There is a reason a keep coming back to this bronzer:-

1) There is no shimmer and

2) It is a lovely brown tan colour and not orange.

I bought this when Benefit first came to Ireland and I'm still on the same one. I love how it makes me look how I tan naturally. A lot of reviews complain that this makes them look muddy and I can see how it could, but I use a fan brush with a very light hand and always tap off the excess and brush very lightly over my face until I'm happy with the colour and it is so natural looking. I think I will just stick with this bronzer from now on because I've tried so many, most with shimmer and I've never really been happy with them.

I also love the dinky lil box!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by amandalsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my go-to product for contouring my face everyday until I found Nars Laguna. I've recently switched to Laguna as I find it more natural, lasts longer and way less muddy than this. Hoola is a matte bronzer that I prefer for contouring rather than as an all-over bronzer. It lasts all day on my combination-oily skin and goes especially well with peach blushes imo. As I'm pretty fair (NC25), I apply it with a MAC 188 brush to define my cheekbones & nose. The 188 helps me to not go overboard with the bronzer as its duo-fibre. However, I've noticed that when it comes into contact with water, it will become blotchy and patchy on my face. But there's nothing a little blending won't fix. Also, I dislike the cardboard container with a vengeance. I'm one who goes for practicality & portability over cute packaging and I find Benefit's box powders design ridiculous.

Bottomline: I very much prefer Laguna and will not repurchase Hoola. I find that it takes more to make Hoola work and it can easily look dirty on me. Laguna might just be my HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2010 7:38:00 AM More reviews by mindthegap

I have this for a very long time already and i give it a try every once a while (even forced myself using it for a week straight). Still i can't see anything special in this. The colour is ok, it is a bit too dark for my skintone and you have to be careful with it.
the packaging looks cute but it is very unhandy to work with. My favourite brush can't fit in and the others are too small for applying bronzer.
The money i spent on this one, was not waisted but it could have done better...

What i like is that there is a very large amount of product in the box and it will last me forever....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

My fav bronzing powder. I agree with the mua-er, def have to be gentle while applying thisbronzer powder. It's very very powdery and I often tap off a lot of excess powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by fmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So, this bronzer is among the best I own right now and certainly beats my old faithful (MAC - Golden). I love that is a matte finish, as I find it is better just for that every day summer look (and some bronzers have the potential to make me look like an orange disco ball).

Despite other reviews, I am pale and I feel like this is the perfect shade of bronzer for my fair skin. It also works great when I get a tan, so in my opinion it is a fairly universal colour. You HAVE to be careful applying it, use a very light hand etc as Hoola has the potential to go awfully wrong!

The problems with Hoola are the price. $51 in Australia for cardboard packaging? Not only is the packaging impractical, but when you dish out such big dollars you want good packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I absolutely love bronzers, I have them in NARS, Guerlain, Bobbi Brown, MAC, Too Faced, Tarte, Sugar, Chanel, NYC, and Rimmel. Finally wanted to try Benefit Hoola and I was not disappointed. It's a little chalky but otherwise it's matte and gives me natural bronze skin, my fav for contouring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: Love this bronzer. Perfectly matte, no shimmer or glitter, and the absolute most natural shade of medium bronze that you can put on your skin. For a sensitive skinned freckled face girl like me this is a godsend because I can't tan naturally. I even like the small wooden handled brush. Very Chinatown chic. :) No fragrance. Perfect!

CONS: Too expensive to be in a small, impractical cardboard box! I'm used to Chanel's packaging so the packaging is definitely a downer for such a great product. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyyzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this bronzer. My face is so much paler than my neck, I look like a ghost. So I needed something to give me a little color allover the face. I used a kabuki to apply a light wash throughout the whole face. It looks so natural and beautiful. I love that it's completely matte ! No shimmers or sheens or anything. It looks amazing on my pale skin. I love the brush that it came with. The brush fits perfectly on where I contour. A bit pricey, I don't know if I would buy again, because I never actually finish and repurchase anything. But this stuff is amazing. Definitely recommend it.

Ended up returning.. I like my face pale =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been trying to get this to work for me for the past few months, but just haven't been able to get this to apply smoothly. Tried out various fluffy brushes to apply this in the hollows of my cheeks and along my temple line, and jaw, but I always end up with a muddy appearance, with patches of darker splotches. I much prefer Nars Laguna, or even NYC's Sunny for a nice matte touch of color, and easier application.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Olessya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, I like this product. It's definetly worth the price. The colour is very natural. But I didn't like the texture, it's very very chalky. I've tried many bronzers Dior, Chanel, Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Guerlain and now Benefit. So I can say that in my opinion this is very good bronzer BUT Guerlain bronzers are the BEST. Their bronzers just a magic) they give you not only bronze skin, they give you healthy glowy radiant skin and the texture just perfect.