October 31, 2014 | 1591 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jma24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know how i stumbled upon this review but i figured i might as well try it. I had never used a primer before and have oily skin so my foundation was always wearing off in the afternoon and i always had to apply powder. I'm so glad i found this! it makes my skin look so smooth and fantastic and it like clings to my foundation ( Maybelline matte mousse) and makes it last really long and i don't have to blot all day. Great deal too as a tube is only 8 dollars and it lasts a year or more.

UPDATE- I don't know if it is just in canada but it seems like this has been discontinued and i can't find it anywhere! :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As a primer, this stuff works. Honestly, I have never been able to keep eyeshadow on my lids flawlessly for more than the time it takes to apply it. Extremely oily eyelids, even if the rest of my face is dry as hell. The container is a small squeeze container so the perfect amount is always available. I mix a tiny dot in with my moisturizer and it makes a great base for my whole face. Another tiny, and I mean tiny, dot for each eyelid makes my MMU last for hours.

I don't know about using it every day for foundation priming on oily skin, though, as cones to tend to create the unpleasant kind of slip with sweaty faces.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by wheaty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am floored at all the great reviews on this. I couldn't wait to try it. I am 50 with dry to combo (slightly oily in tzone) skin. I put this on at 8 this morning. It is now noon and i have blotted my skin at least 3 times. I can not wait to get home to wash this crap off my face. It's obviously not meant to be used on your face. I don't think this compares to Smashbox at all! Not only is my tzone oily, but my whole face is shiny. I even used my powder foundation today, thank goodness! I can not imagine what my face would have looked like if I used my liquid foundation. Also this did not make my foundation go on or look any better. I might as well have used nothing. At least with Smashbox, it made my foundation go on and look flawless.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by hopep

I have been using this as a primer for about 6 months now. I love it. Before hearing about Monistat I was using Smashbox which is over $50 a bottle here in Canada. I now have 3/4 of a bottle sitting in my drawer because I prefer the Monistat. The only issue I have with it - I have yet to find it in Canada but since I go across the line often I just grab it there.

I have normal skin with some dry patches and this product works great for me. I will keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by domokunnies

What I love about it: it doesn't clog my pores (I have skin that easily breaks out), it helps keep my skin matte during the day, it looks great under foundation and it's cheap! I've used the more expensive primer, DHC Velvet Skin coat, in the past and have found that one too thick whereas the Monistat has a better consistency in blending in with the skin and does not feel like a mask.

I've been using this daily for almost 4 months now and I've only used up about 1/6th of the tube. Which means one whole tube should last 24 months or 2 years for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never really cared to wear a primer, and I dont know how I stumbled upon this review in the first place, but I'm glad. After hearing the great reviews, I tried it for myself. I love this stuff! I put it on after my moisturizer and acne gel. My acne gel sort of gives my face a sheen, but when I apply the monistat gel, the shine is completely gone! It makes my powder foundation look so much better. And some days, I just wear the monistat gel alone-- no foundation needed! Skin feels very smooth and clean, not gooey or oily at all. I don't think it helps prevent oil production though, since I normally blot my face pretty often as usual. But this product has become part of my morning routine. Great stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I've been using this for five months. I bought it based on reviews from MUA. This doesn't work on my skin to control oil or shine. It has not broken me out like it has for some. It just doesn't work for me as a primer and that's okay because it's not marketed as a makeup primer. What I did notice while using it is it does fill in pores so that makeup glides on smoothly and easily. It might control shine for about an hour or two, but not much longer than that. I'm on my second tube and will finish it, but won't repurchase. My skin is just to oily and I've used a lot of primers and realize I will just have to blot throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by mightymcownage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG primer. I used Supermatte Anti-Shine before, but it didn't last all day, maybe only 7 or 8 hours. The Monostat keeps my makeup on almost the whole day-12 or 13 hours. Amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As a primer, this is probably my favorite. I was using The Present by Philosophy before, and I found it made my liquid foundation streak and I could never blend it properly. This makes my foundation not only last, but look amazing! I do still get oily, and I blot several times throughout the day but I hardly care about that when my makeup looks so natural and smooth. I'm almost out so I'm going to buy more today :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought this about a week ago. Now, my skin is ultra-sensitive. So I used just a teensy bit of this, like the size of a baby's fingernail, mixed with my Kinerase SPF 30. And voila, my makeup stays on and no irritation. Amazing. It was only about $7-12, can't remember, less crap in it than cosmetic 'cones - no perfume, thank God. Definitely worth a try!