September 30, 2014 | 1817 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by hopep

I have been using this as a primer for about 6 months now. I love it. Before hearing about Monistat I was using Smashbox which is over $50 a bottle here in Canada. I now have 3/4 of a bottle sitting in my drawer because I prefer the Monistat. The only issue I have with it - I have yet to find it in Canada but since I go across the line often I just grab it there.

I have normal skin with some dry patches and this product works great for me. I will keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by domokunnies

What I love about it: it doesn't clog my pores (I have skin that easily breaks out), it helps keep my skin matte during the day, it looks great under foundation and it's cheap! I've used the more expensive primer, DHC Velvet Skin coat, in the past and have found that one too thick whereas the Monistat has a better consistency in blending in with the skin and does not feel like a mask.

I've been using this daily for almost 4 months now and I've only used up about 1/6th of the tube. Which means one whole tube should last 24 months or 2 years for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never really cared to wear a primer, and I dont know how I stumbled upon this review in the first place, but I'm glad. After hearing the great reviews, I tried it for myself. I love this stuff! I put it on after my moisturizer and acne gel. My acne gel sort of gives my face a sheen, but when I apply the monistat gel, the shine is completely gone! It makes my powder foundation look so much better. And some days, I just wear the monistat gel alone-- no foundation needed! Skin feels very smooth and clean, not gooey or oily at all. I don't think it helps prevent oil production though, since I normally blot my face pretty often as usual. But this product has become part of my morning routine. Great stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I've been using this for five months. I bought it based on reviews from MUA. This doesn't work on my skin to control oil or shine. It has not broken me out like it has for some. It just doesn't work for me as a primer and that's okay because it's not marketed as a makeup primer. What I did notice while using it is it does fill in pores so that makeup glides on smoothly and easily. It might control shine for about an hour or two, but not much longer than that. I'm on my second tube and will finish it, but won't repurchase. My skin is just to oily and I've used a lot of primers and realize I will just have to blot throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by mightymcownage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG primer. I used Supermatte Anti-Shine before, but it didn't last all day, maybe only 7 or 8 hours. The Monostat keeps my makeup on almost the whole day-12 or 13 hours. Amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As a primer, this is probably my favorite. I was using The Present by Philosophy before, and I found it made my liquid foundation streak and I could never blend it properly. This makes my foundation not only last, but look amazing! I do still get oily, and I blot several times throughout the day but I hardly care about that when my makeup looks so natural and smooth. I'm almost out so I'm going to buy more today :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought this about a week ago. Now, my skin is ultra-sensitive. So I used just a teensy bit of this, like the size of a baby's fingernail, mixed with my Kinerase SPF 30. And voila, my makeup stays on and no irritation. Amazing. It was only about $7-12, can't remember, less crap in it than cosmetic 'cones - no perfume, thank God. Definitely worth a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by rockinmommy42528

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This works as a great makeup primer, but I begin to break out all over my face! I'm in my mid-twenties and haven't dealt with breakouts since I was 16. I was so disappointed! I religiously wash my face every night so it wasn't sitting on my face all night and this is the only new product I began using.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by bluesuze

I thought this would be a nice, inexpensive primer for my face. It does go on nice and has a beautiful finish, but after two days, I began to get huge zits on my forehead, and I never break out there. So if you are oily and acne prone, beware. This is one MUA approved item that I have to give a big thumbs down.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by buggyness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This just didn't work for me. I had high hopes of it keeping my oilies at bay and my mineral makeup looking great. It just didn't do ANYTHING. I didn't break out but it did make my face feel more greasy. It did work fabulous at what it was intended for-bikini area chaffing. Will take this to the beach with me, but probably won't buy again.

Edit: I went back to trying this on my face again. Although it doesn't work when used all over my face, it really does work as an amazing eyelid primer. I started applying it just on my upper and lower eyelids and not only does it hold the shadow on all day for me, but also the undereye concealer I use-it doesn't crease or cake. I'm still not 100% on this, but at least I'm getting some more use out of it. Raisedit from 1-3 lippies.