December 19, 2014 | 1231 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by meredithd20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. I was using BE Prime Time every morning before applying my Bare Minerals, but at $25 a bottle it was getting way too pricey. I think the Monistat works even better, because it dries with a nice powdery finish.

I was definitely nervous about putting vag cream on my face, but it has been 3 weeks and I have not broken out. It keeps my minerals on all day - this weekend I even sat in the hot sun for 6 hours and my makeup stayed on (a miracle!), thanks to Monistat! I recommend using only a pea-sized amount and smoothing it on after your moisturizer has dried. Less is definitely more here, and you can believe that from me, because I tend to pile on product like it is going out of style.

UPDATE: I have now been using this for about 9 months, and am still a huge fan. It has not prompted any breakouts, and a tiny amount provides just enough cling for my Bare Minerals to stay on for hours. I do not miss my BE Prime Time at all... (though it IS less embarrassing to put BE in my Ziploc bag at the airport than it is to haul around Monistat chafing gel).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Ogstar

It makes a GREAT primer!!! My make-up (makeup forever HD stuff w/loose powder on top) looks great all day! I do have to blot just a little around my nose towards the end of the day just once but before I was doing it allll the time. I tried Revlons primer with the gold cap and clear squarish body, this is so much better. THAT was sooo greasy. You can do a test at the store, just put a smidge on your hand and rub in and do a side by side comparison. You'll see the difference and it'll sell itself. Before this last week I was an ALL sephora/ulta girl. If it didn't have a high price, it didn't work. THIS WEEK I'VE BEEN PROVED SO WRONG. Read my reviews on Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner, Lemon Juice as a lightener for uneven areas on your face, and Olay 7-in-1 Blemish cream cleanser.

This stuff works! You'll look great. Feel so good going on too!

God Bless! I pray it works for you!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Cparrott09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this as a primer. Thanks so much for u ladies who suggested this over Smashbox primer, which I love. This is amazing, feels great on the skin and makes it baby soft. Also works great under my Revlon Colorstay foundation. Doesn't let it set into my lines or pores and provides a very smooth surface for application.
Love the packaging, bought it as a 3-pack from Amazon and even with shipping it was still cheaper to buy then getting the Smashbox primer. The bottle comes in a nice tube that allows me to put it on my makeup palette and keep it hygenic. Definately recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jma24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know how i stumbled upon this review but i figured i might as well try it. I had never used a primer before and have oily skin so my foundation was always wearing off in the afternoon and i always had to apply powder. I'm so glad i found this! it makes my skin look so smooth and fantastic and it like clings to my foundation ( Maybelline matte mousse) and makes it last really long and i don't have to blot all day. Great deal too as a tube is only 8 dollars and it lasts a year or more.

UPDATE- I don't know if it is just in canada but it seems like this has been discontinued and i can't find it anywhere! :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As a primer, this stuff works. Honestly, I have never been able to keep eyeshadow on my lids flawlessly for more than the time it takes to apply it. Extremely oily eyelids, even if the rest of my face is dry as hell. The container is a small squeeze container so the perfect amount is always available. I mix a tiny dot in with my moisturizer and it makes a great base for my whole face. Another tiny, and I mean tiny, dot for each eyelid makes my MMU last for hours.

I don't know about using it every day for foundation priming on oily skin, though, as cones to tend to create the unpleasant kind of slip with sweaty faces.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by wheaty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am floored at all the great reviews on this. I couldn't wait to try it. I am 50 with dry to combo (slightly oily in tzone) skin. I put this on at 8 this morning. It is now noon and i have blotted my skin at least 3 times. I can not wait to get home to wash this crap off my face. It's obviously not meant to be used on your face. I don't think this compares to Smashbox at all! Not only is my tzone oily, but my whole face is shiny. I even used my powder foundation today, thank goodness! I can not imagine what my face would have looked like if I used my liquid foundation. Also this did not make my foundation go on or look any better. I might as well have used nothing. At least with Smashbox, it made my foundation go on and look flawless.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by hopep

I have been using this as a primer for about 6 months now. I love it. Before hearing about Monistat I was using Smashbox which is over $50 a bottle here in Canada. I now have 3/4 of a bottle sitting in my drawer because I prefer the Monistat. The only issue I have with it - I have yet to find it in Canada but since I go across the line often I just grab it there.

I have normal skin with some dry patches and this product works great for me. I will keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by domokunnies

What I love about it: it doesn't clog my pores (I have skin that easily breaks out), it helps keep my skin matte during the day, it looks great under foundation and it's cheap! I've used the more expensive primer, DHC Velvet Skin coat, in the past and have found that one too thick whereas the Monistat has a better consistency in blending in with the skin and does not feel like a mask.

I've been using this daily for almost 4 months now and I've only used up about 1/6th of the tube. Which means one whole tube should last 24 months or 2 years for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never really cared to wear a primer, and I dont know how I stumbled upon this review in the first place, but I'm glad. After hearing the great reviews, I tried it for myself. I love this stuff! I put it on after my moisturizer and acne gel. My acne gel sort of gives my face a sheen, but when I apply the monistat gel, the shine is completely gone! It makes my powder foundation look so much better. And some days, I just wear the monistat gel alone-- no foundation needed! Skin feels very smooth and clean, not gooey or oily at all. I don't think it helps prevent oil production though, since I normally blot my face pretty often as usual. But this product has become part of my morning routine. Great stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I've been using this for five months. I bought it based on reviews from MUA. This doesn't work on my skin to control oil or shine. It has not broken me out like it has for some. It just doesn't work for me as a primer and that's okay because it's not marketed as a makeup primer. What I did notice while using it is it does fill in pores so that makeup glides on smoothly and easily. It might control shine for about an hour or two, but not much longer than that. I'm on my second tube and will finish it, but won't repurchase. My skin is just to oily and I've used a lot of primers and realize I will just have to blot throughout the day.