April 16, 2014 | 860 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by EskimoLips

I think most of the positive reviews on Monistat anti chafing gel are from people that are just starting to use this product. I used this product religiously for 5 months until my forehead, chin and nose broke out and I had to buy a lot of different acne products. Rather than saving money which was my initial motive of trying out this product, I ended up losing much more than $10. I had to figure out what was causing these break outs, so I cut back on my old moisturizer and spot treatments, but still I would breakout like crazy. After I cut this product out of my daily routine I have seen a tremendous difference. For awhile I believed this would be my HG primer, but I having a couple weeks of smooth, flawless looking skin is not worth the months of break out and loss of money I spent on expensive skin care to repair it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So, I've been reading the many great AND bad reviews for this.
So, I bought it and was chickening out of using it for two weeks for the reason of not wanting all those zits everyone was talking about. Well, i tried it. It does let your makeup last longer, but it ends up looking cakey for me. And yes, I use the least amount I could have. Apart from that I ended up getting to crazy cystic zits on my face. AND I NEVER GET THOSE! So, I thought to myself, what could it be, what products could it have been, and then i figured it out it was this because it was the only thing i changed.
So, I'm never using this on my face again.
But, it works great for what it was designed for.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by rbyars1

No go for me..I gave it a shot several times and it would make my skin look really nice for a few hours BUT THEN something awkward happens and I can tell there is some kind of a weird masky effect that happens under the makeup..Not attractive. I thought maybe I was overdoing it and applying too much but even a tiny pea sized amount still gave that weird waxy cast to my face..Wont be using it anymore

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Ciaofiore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a great discovery! Thank you MUA. This primes my face exactly like all the others I have tried (Laura Geller Spackle, Smashbox,) at a fraction of the cost. Fantastic! Doesn't break me out, preps my skin for foundation application. Love it. A must try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Maybe I got a bad tube. I bought this (as usual) based on the glowing reviews on MUA. And um...no. I used sparingly as suggested, and it applied well and appeared to have a minimal and very temporary smoothing effect - maybe. Or maybe I was just unwilling to admit that it basically did nothing except feel pretty good on my face. I noticed no difference whatsoever in the appearance or longevity of my cosmetics when I used this, but I did notice that it left my face incredibly shiny after a couple of hours. Admittedly I live in deep East Texas and we are having a 100 + heat wave, so maybe I'm being too demanding. All in all, it did nothing that I had expected based on the reviews. I can't say that it did nothing at all though. My inner thighs and bikini area absolutely did not chafe when I used this product. I did not actually apply this product there, but still....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Can't buy this in Australia so I had to purchase off the internet, this makes it a little more expensive and maybe not quite so budget-worthy compared to other products available here.
I use this as a primer and I must say it works very well and I like the way it makes my skin feel, soft and protected. Not at all greasy as some silicone based primers tend to leave my skin.
I find this leaves me with a smooth matte base to apply my foundation and it stays put all day.
Works well with liquid and mineral powder foundations. Monistat stops my skin from drying out and I don't feel itchy. Leaves me with a smooth airbrushed finish which I really love.
Not bad for an anti-chafing cream, not bad at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Fantastic! Havnt used it as a primer on my face though as some people suggested, but as a chaffing cream for summer months its been excellent! Couldnt find it anywhere though and had to get it off drugstore.com, but they had free shipping on this item.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by laureg

Uh, may I just say- WOW. This “primer” works amazingly well. I went running today at lunch in 83 degree weather, and my makeup is still *perfect* this afternoon. No creases, worn patches, nothing! It still looks as good and as smooth as it did when I applied it this morning. I also have oily skin, and have found that other primers don't do anything to control shine, and I am having to blot by late morning. Not with this stuff! I would have never thought to use this product as a primer on my own, but am certainly glad I tried it. It’s $10 at my local pharmacy, as opposed to the $40 CAD (for less product, I might add) I’ve shelled out for Smashbox and other primers out there. This is an amazing find, whomever came up with it. Thank you for sharing the information! I would strongly encourage anyone to give this a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2009 6:09:00 AM More reviews by planetofapes

After reading the reviews here I had to try this product. As this is not available in Australia - I bought if off ebay. Total cost about $20. I do not have any problems with breakouts or anything like that (I wash very thoroughly - Cetaphil, cleansing oil, cleansing foam) but one thing I have noticed using it for the past 4 days is that it is very drying. I mean, it works, leaves smooth base - nice and matt. Price is fantastic but lately my skin is looking so dry and horrible... I have no option but to use my MAC Prep + Prime. It is more than twice the price (it is $40 in Australia!!) and MAC does not cover as well but hey, it doesn't leave me looking like a tortoise. Man alive. Better get on the aspirin mask on to fix this horrible flakey skin!!

Hope this helps someone decide whether to use it or not. It is so cheap I can't imagine why you wouldn't try it to be honest - but why is it leaving me look like Barbara Cartland?? Scary.

UPDATE: Kept trying because when you first put it on, it does look pretty good - filling in any nasty lines etc. But then, usually a few hours after, I see lots more fine lines than I usually see. This is incredibly depressing!! I am spotting a few more pimples so I have decided to not use any primers for a few days to see if that helps. I hope it will!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by lucywellness

This stuff is the best!!!!! I thought I had tried all of the MUA secret products....I adore the aspirin mask, yogurt mask, use ACV on my face and hair, and Milk of Magnesia to control oil. Then this popped up in "recently reviewed" and I was very curious indeed. So it was a cheaper alternative to Smashbox...eh? I go through foundation and primer pretty fast so I really can't afford very high end face products. Thus I decided to give this baby a try, and boy was I impressed! It goes on like butter (causing zero oiliness and breakouts), and helps my foundation stay for hours. You have to give this a try if you are in the market for a cheap primer! 5 stars from me!