July 23, 2014 | 1966 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by buggyness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This just didn't work for me. I had high hopes of it keeping my oilies at bay and my mineral makeup looking great. It just didn't do ANYTHING. I didn't break out but it did make my face feel more greasy. It did work fabulous at what it was intended for-bikini area chaffing. Will take this to the beach with me, but probably won't buy again.

Edit: I went back to trying this on my face again. Although it doesn't work when used all over my face, it really does work as an amazing eyelid primer. I started applying it just on my upper and lower eyelids and not only does it hold the shadow on all day for me, but also the undereye concealer I use-it doesn't crease or cake. I'm still not 100% on this, but at least I'm getting some more use out of it. Raisedit from 1-3 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by scarlettbegonia

I love using this as a primer. Been using it for around 6 months...just about the time my sister started telling me how good my foundation looks! It doesn't cause me to break out...but I am really into cleaning my makeup off when I get home and using masks and scrubs to clean out my pores.

UPDATE 09/20/09
I realized that I don't like this product as much as I thought I did. Once I went back to work (stay at home mom for years), I really saw that this product doesn't make my make-up stay on longer. I don't feel like it gives me any benefits that would make me buy it again. Does anyone know of an awesome primer? I really really want one, but they all seem to suck.

New update..Jan 2010...This actually works great under my new mineral foundation. I think it was the foundation I was using that I hated so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by LAURANRENAE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE it. Works great to keep my makeup on all day. I look in the mirror from time to time for a usual touchup, only to find I don't need one! A must try! My HG primer! No more shine!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by xperfume

I have found this at my local Wal-Mart and bought it to try as a foundation primer for my oily skin. Unfortunately, after a week of using it on my t-zone before my mineral foundation it broke me out everywhere with white heads :( After only two days I noticed some zits on the side of my nose/cheeks and thought it was hormonal but it only got worse as the days went. So today I didn't use it in the hopes of clearing my skin.. I'm so disapointed I wished it would have been great primer. Also I didn't like the feeling it leaves on your fingers after applying it. Anyway I will use the rest of the tube as chafing protection for bikini shaving! It's not a total waste :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Leslies18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS!!!!!
It is just like..if not better..than the Sephora primer that I used. HUGE plus is that it costs so much less. Makes my face so smooth and helps my foundation to go on so smoothly and stay on. So glad I found this tip!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by CherryCupcake

Today I applied this under my Studio Fix Fluid foundation. It went on so silky and made my skin look matte instantly. However, at the end of the day even though my skin looked matte it felt greasy. I felt like it did not allow my skin to breathe. I would rather suffer with a shiny face than suffocate my skin with product. Suffocated skin is bad news. I will probably use this again on certain occasions (like when I know I'll be photographed , I hate having a shiny face pictures!) but, I definitely won't be using this on daily basis.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by EskimoLips

I think most of the positive reviews on Monistat anti chafing gel are from people that are just starting to use this product. I used this product religiously for 5 months until my forehead, chin and nose broke out and I had to buy a lot of different acne products. Rather than saving money which was my initial motive of trying out this product, I ended up losing much more than $10. I had to figure out what was causing these break outs, so I cut back on my old moisturizer and spot treatments, but still I would breakout like crazy. After I cut this product out of my daily routine I have seen a tremendous difference. For awhile I believed this would be my HG primer, but I having a couple weeks of smooth, flawless looking skin is not worth the months of break out and loss of money I spent on expensive skin care to repair it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So, I've been reading the many great AND bad reviews for this.
So, I bought it and was chickening out of using it for two weeks for the reason of not wanting all those zits everyone was talking about. Well, i tried it. It does let your makeup last longer, but it ends up looking cakey for me. And yes, I use the least amount I could have. Apart from that I ended up getting to crazy cystic zits on my face. AND I NEVER GET THOSE! So, I thought to myself, what could it be, what products could it have been, and then i figured it out it was this because it was the only thing i changed.
So, I'm never using this on my face again.
But, it works great for what it was designed for.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by rbyars1

No go for me..I gave it a shot several times and it would make my skin look really nice for a few hours BUT THEN something awkward happens and I can tell there is some kind of a weird masky effect that happens under the makeup..Not attractive. I thought maybe I was overdoing it and applying too much but even a tiny pea sized amount still gave that weird waxy cast to my face..Wont be using it anymore

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Ciaofiore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a great discovery! Thank you MUA. This primes my face exactly like all the others I have tried (Laura Geller Spackle, Smashbox,) at a fraction of the cost. Fantastic! Doesn't break me out, preps my skin for foundation application. Love it. A must try.