October 25, 2014 | 1732 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by xushi

I love this product! It's a wonderful colour to use as a base/primer before you apply eyeshadow or pigments.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by tats77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this as a primer and I love it. I never liked using primers before. I always thought it was an extra step that had no real payoff. I couldn't really see a difference in the color before and primers always felt oily or runny. I didn't like the way they felt on my skin.
I think I like using the paint pot because it's more of a creamy base. You can really see the intensity of the shadows when you use this as a base. I've used UDPP and while it works ok, I prefer to use my painterly paint pot. So far I've only been using it as a base and haven't experimented with other paint pots.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first MAC product I bought about a year ago and I initially bought it as a primer to help prevent creasing because the MAC m.a. told me it would do that, and it definitely didn't. This paint pot creased after about two or three hours for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 7:47:00 AM More reviews by LondonInMyStyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do like this product. I use it as an eyeshadow base and it does the job. It does give the same colour to the eyelid which is perfect to have the eyelid as a canvas. However I do feel like it "takes off" all the shimmer from the frost and shimmer eyeshadows, it gives a very matte finish. But have to say I love it with matte eyeshadows and the texture is lovely.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by GoldinHoney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am NC 25. This does have a pink tint to it. I have had it a year and as many have noted it has dried up but I put a lighter to it or a match and am able to manipulate it and spread on my eyelid. It is creamy and thick and brightens the eyelid. I do not notice any creasing and like it as a base for eyeshadow; however, I don't have oily lids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this as an eyeshadow base/primer. I don't wear e/s often, but when I do, its usually loose dusts or pigments. I find that this helps the pigment adhere better, last longer and makes the colour pop. I might try Bare Study when I repurchase, as I find Painterly is just a wee bit on the pink side for my skintone. It has a tendency to dry out if you don't close it properly, so be very meticulous about that. It is also a little bit more difficult to apply, but this is possibly because it has a matte formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Sianreya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hmm, I had heard rave reviews about this as a base and so bought it for that purpose. Pretty disappointed with that.

Definitely doesn't stop creasing but does keep the colour on.

It is a beautiful colour and I really like the packaging, such a cute little pot. To me it is too heavy to be applied well with a brush and fingers seem to be the only thing that can properly smooth it onto the eyelids. I might try other colours, but this time I wasn't too happy with it, perhaps my expectations for it as a base were unrealistic, not sure. But still, I feel their are cream shadows with a much nicer consistency and finish out there.

Don't believe the hype. Make sure to try it out first.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by ClubNicki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an awesome primer for eyeshadow. I am an NC20 and this pretty much matches my complexion perfectly. A little bit goes a long way. The only problem is if you get a little heavy handed it can look a bit cakey. Other than that, it's great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by arcybarrios

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love using it as a base for shadow application. It holds eye shadow very well and no creasing or fading! I've never used it as a shadow alone though, seems to pale. A must have in my make-up kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by eemiiillyx3

Love this! A few things, my paint pots have never creased on me! [Rubenesque and Painterly], even without primer underneath. The color pay off on Painterly is great! It doesn't match my skin tone, it is far too light. But I could see how it could blank out any redness or veining on lighter skin tones. I pretty much use this every day as a base. It transforms colors beautifully. I apply Woodwinked eyeshadow over top, and it transforms it into a beautiful lighter golden color. Painterly is like UDPP except pigmented opposed to sheer. The packaging is sleek, like most MAC packaging is. I think it is definitely worth the $16.00.