October 24, 2014 | 1503 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2007 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I finally gave in and got one as I've just turned 35 and I noticed I "need" some help... I chose this over Dior's Skinflash as the YSL has a sheerer texture. I don't understand why so many reviewers lambast this product as a crap concealer, when it isn't a concealer at all. Touche Eclat is a highlighter/diffuser: a completely different kettle of fish. You are supposed to use it on top of concealer and on areas of the face where there are small creases or shadows. I use it on nose-mouth crease, the sides of the mouth and corners of the eyes, as well as a dab on top of under-eye concealer. Used this way, it works fine. Immediately after applying the result is great, but I think it wears off after a while. I do think this product is too expensive, but I'm going to try and make an effort to use it daily since it does make a difference and makes me look fresher. You can easily reapply because its sheer texture. I might buy again, but I'm not sure yet - might try the Dior product next. By the way, the instructions say the brush needs to be cleaned once a week or so with a cotton pad dipped in alcohol. If you don't do that it might indeed start to smell funny. So please, people, read the instructions and check what the product is for before giving it a bad (and ill-informed) review!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2007 12:30:00 AM More reviews by goldendoll

i got this after a long time of wanting it... I heard all the fuss, and had to have it. So, I forked out the $35 bucks plus shipping ect..., and I have to say, I didn't send it back because I thought surely there is a trick to it... surely I am just using it wrong, and haven't unlocked the secret to it yet... not so. I don't even pick it up anymore. I haven't used it in a while, and I feel like I totally wasted my money on hype. Oh well, it seems to work for others. Just not the miracle product that it is made to seem. Like my dad always said... "Save your money..."

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2007 6:10:00 PM More reviews by aesthetic

Touche Eclat did brighten up my under eye area a bit, but in my opinion, it's overrated. Way to pricey for what you're getting. I got this as a gift, but I don't think I'll repurchase. I don't even find myself reaching for it very often, and even when I do, there's barely any difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2007 8:48:00 AM More reviews by prisma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought into the Touche Eclat craze, after I've used Dior's Skinflash for several years. The texture of Touche is lighter, it's definitly more sheer and more of a highlightener than an actual concealer. It's nice, but I want more coverage, so after I've used up my Touche, I'll go back to Skinflash. (Which even costs a bit less!)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2007 10:05:00 AM More reviews by wendy77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best under-eye brightener I have used. On my 5th one now, and I have given all my others away, as they were nothing compared to this. I don't expect it to conceal my terrible under-eye circles, as it is not truly a concealer, but for brightening/highlighting it does it's job excellently and makes me look so much fresher.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2007 12:53:00 PM More reviews by rachelkaye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had to see what all the fuss was about. Still wondering. love this board.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2007 2:05:00 PM More reviews by robbieb

I really don't get why everyone loves this so much. It doesn't cover very well, it creases, and the brush starts to smell sour after just a few uses. The way it's packaged is not sanitary at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 9:39:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have serious undereye circles, this may not be the best product for you, but if you just need a little coverage and diffusion in the eye area, it is wonderful. I have a friend who wears it on her eyelids, but I just put it in the corners of my eyes and on the sides of my nose. It's part of my routine though and I could not do without it, but I get tired of the stinky brush so I stray away from it, only to come back a few months later.

The Dior copy sucks and the Clarins is meh. I wish they made this in other than a brush formulation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 8:48:00 PM More reviews by gi77

the price makes this a guilty pleasure. but it IS the best on the market. i have tried them all. this is my first touche eclat, but i will be coming back for it again once i have used this up. i can't live without it anymore, its an essential part of my makeup routine. however, i must take one lippy off because it is so overproportionally expensive. you could probably buy a cheaper product, save 50% of the money, and still get a pretty close match. if you want the 100%, though, there is no way around the touche eclat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by wanyilee

It's a pretty good brightener for those little acne scars, I have to be honest I bought this because I love the package and I want to try more YSL cosmetics... I would recommend using this for acne scars and minor imperfections only, because it does not work very well under eye circles. It takes away the dullness of those nasty scars and make your skin looks like as if it's perfect again :D It's a little pricy but I think it's worth it since I don't have to spend a lot of time to hide those scars with creamy concealers that don't really work with black and dull looking scars.