October 23, 2014 | 2194 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, yet another LUSH product I love! A really nice SA at the York, UK store gave me a generous sample of this and I totally fell in love with it. It's a very moisturizing, gentle, smoothing half-solid scrub - one of the gentler scrubs I've tried. My skin absolutely glowed each morning after using this with my tea tree water samples! I got a random compliment, even! I'd buy this for the winter months when I find it hard to use scrubs or regular cleansers because they are too harsh or drying. This one is very moisturizing and really softens your skin. I did not break out due to this, either. Plus it smells amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by bebe21

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for nearly a month now. I use it every other night, more for exfoliating purpose after my cleanser. I really love the smell, find it very therapeautic. My face is nicely mosturised after using this so i don't use mosturiser afterwards.
Highly recommended product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by no_regrets_coyote

i love this stuff. i don't use it as a regular cleanser, because i have oily skin, but i do use it every morning after cleansing. it exfoliates gently, and the thick paste feels good and smells nice and leaves me glowy. i use it on my shoulders and chest, too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 5:12:00 AM More reviews by SophH

This is a good cleanser but not the best by a long shot. It does leave your skin feeling nice-but never fully clean. The packaging is awful-water/moisture can easily get into the container when you're using it. A container does last you for ages-but see if you can get a sample before you buy or you might end up chucking most of it in the bin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 3:07:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am totally pro AOBS. It leaves my skin feeling treated, cleansed and moisturised. It doesn't really exfoliate my skin, so I am still using my regular exfoliator, however I don't see why some bicarbonate of soda or even some crushed up aspirin wouldn't make AOBS a wonderful exfoliator as well. The fragrance is definitely strong, but to me it is pleasant and natural-smelling. Messy it certainly is. I take a small piece into the shower with me and smear it all over my face as soon as I get in.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by NettabooNOLA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OK I wanted to use this a few times before I did a review. I didn't think I would really like this, but wanted to try it anyway. I don't use this as a makeup remover. I used it after I take off make up and in the morning. I was taking Accutane and I thought I should try something for sensitive skin. When I'm using it it doesn't feel like it's dong much, but after my skin is softer than other scrubs make it. Adding the water is not too big of a deal. No break outs and I cn use this after a chemicial peel cause it's so gentle. I tried QH oatmeal and honey to see if it would be a cheaper alternate, but it didn't compare.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 4:49:00 AM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure how I feel about Angels on Bare Skin.

It's akin to Lush's face mask, BB Seaweed. Of course, without the seaweed. Similar ingredients, same scent (lavender and rose).

I'm thinking that I'd rather spend my money on the mask. It doesn't last as long, but I feel it yields better results for my skin, as far as the smoothness, and tameness, as well!

It doesn't harm my skin any, but I feel it doesn't help it, either. I do like it in that it is a non-drying, mild cleanser. There is no tightness or dryness. Everything is perfectly balanced. Then again, I get this from my HG cleanser from Bare Minerals.

The exfoliating properties are less than what I prefer, but I feel they will be perfect for someone who is sensitive to most exfoliants.

Usage is easy-- pinch of a bit, mash with finger into palm of hand (alongside a bit of water). When it's a medium-thick paste, slather on the face and massage in. I prefer to let it sit on the skin a few minutes.

I wouldn't consider this a cleanser that removes makeup. I use Lush's Ultrabland to remove all of my makeup, then I have a go with this. Yields good results, leaves everything feeling clean and fresh.

I'm glad I got this as a freebie with a promotion Lush was having. I don't think I would have spent the money on this. I think it's a better value for those in the UK. It's around 4, versus the $10 in the US (better value in the UK, even with the exchange rate... I find all Lush is, that's why I hoard when in the UK).

I think this is okay for an occasional treat, but I'm definitely going to stick to the Rare Minerals cleanser. It's just as natural, and I feel it cleans and balances just a bit better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2008 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was in Lush the other day getting harassed by a salesperson and I thought I'd take the time to ask her about the best cleanser they have....she showed me Angels on Bare Skin and there was one bar left on the shelf, I thought i'd take the plunge and buy it and boy am I glad I did. I really wasn't expecting anything other than a smelly block of "I may be a pain to use...BUT I'M NATURAL" crap but no, this stuff is actually amazing, I adore this!!
I don't know about its makeup removing abilities because I use mu remover over my skin before cleansing (one GOOD thing Cliniques skincare system taught me before I realised it was the devils skincare line). I have had some horrible times with exfoliators and frankly I thought this would be another of them but this is so very gentle, I love the fact it's wrapped up in grease proof type paper too, you just pinch off a blob and then add some water and grind it really hard into your palm to a paste then wash your face. It leaves my skin glowing and I adore using it!
I think i'll definitely buy this again, and for once being harassed by sales was a good thing!!
One more thing....why is everyone complaining about the price?? I paid about 4 for mine.....I pay the same if not more for stuff from Boots, I don't get it???

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on my birthday in March on a LUSH shopping spree provided by the nicest dad in the world. When I shop at LUSH usually, I am really judicious with my purchases, since it is so expensive there, but when Dad was paying, I kind of was throwing everything I'd ever thought about trying into my basket - hey, you only turn 30 once, right?

Anyhoo, I trid this out when I first got it, and was not impressed, but that's because I was trying to use it like a regular cleanser, and it is horrible at removing makeup. For the last month or so, I've been using it in the mornings, and I have to say, I love it! The high glycerin content leaves my skin very soft and hydrated and glowy without being oily or greasy. I love the smell - kind of herbal and medicinal in that Whole-Foods kind of way. I'm not a fan of the lavender buds in the scrub. They kind of fall on the sink and look gross, and I don't think they are actually doing anything in the scrub except looking "natural."

I think using the product is really fun and novel. You kind of break off (or dig out) a little chunk of it, like the size of a thimble, maybe. Then you wet your hands and rub together until it starts to melt into a paste, then use the paste to scrub your face.

The almond meal in the scrub is really gentle, and a nice way to start the morning. I'm going to figure out how to make a dupe of this formula so that I don't have to pay the LUSH price for it, which is completely ridiculous, considering it's just clay and glycerine, mostly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. I am very handy with make up and all but even to me it took me a while to figure out how to use this best. I just wet my hands a little (not too much or I can't rub it apart anymore), then I rub it into smaller bits and then apply on my face.

So is it any good?

I love using this in the morning. If you do it right it really gives your skin a glow, but doesn't make it oily. It didn't cause me breakouts either but then again, I'm not THAT sensitive. I also like the smell, which kinda reminds me of pasta with pesto (don't ask...). One con is that it isn't super at removing make up. To remove my foundation in the evening I use a different product than this.
As for the exfoliating part, it DOES exfoliate but not much. It's not as harsh as most daily scrubs so if you're looking for something more gentle this could be it for you.

Does it last long?

Heck yes. When I saw this in the shop for over 8 euros for a tiny pot I hesitated to buy. I know how much cleaners I usually need and no way that this would last long like that. But I found out you really only need a tiny pinch of the stuff to completely cleanse your face so this will last a long while. And as a little goes a long way the price is actually pretty cheap in my opinion.

Overall: a nice product, especially to give your skin a bit of a boost in the morning but don't expect it to take off tons of make up perfectly. Will definetly repurchase.