November 23, 2014 | 1948 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2008 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Keii23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

O_o To be honest this product sort of grew on me! At frist i like it then i went off then i decided to use it again. The packaging is terrible though at our lush we get it wrapped in thin bit of paper which looks and feels greasey to hold. However it took me a while to get the hang of using this product because at first it seemed a little harsh but if you use a pea sized amount and rub it in you hand with warm (not hot) water it slowly goes into a waterish form then i placed that on my face and the product actuely help clear up my skin, so despite all the bad review people aren't actuley using it right and it's not ment be a paste and your certainly not ment to scrub with this product. The smell can be calming and wake you up in the morning however some find it over powering. This is a marmite product you either LOVE it or HATE it!
I can tell you one thing the packaging in my area for this products sucks! I'm all for enviormental friendly packaging but wrapping it up in paper? Thats just taking the mick lol!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap and I love the scent! it's so calming and lovely. I can just sit here and sniff it all day. Ok so here's the bad; this did not work on me. It's very oily and filmy and it gave me whiteheads. I would rate this lower b/c it broke me out, but oh how i love the scent! I love lavender =)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by KatFisch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a gentle exfoliator. I love the relaxing lavender smell. It makes my face feel baby-butt smooth and has never broken me out in my many (10+) years of using it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by eoifemacbeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I usually use Coalface, but I steal snippets of my sister's AoBS any time my face is feeling grumpy. It's especially wonderful for the wintertime, when even my combo-oily skin dries out.

It's always been easy for me to use Lush's solid shampoos, conditioners, and facial cleansers, so that's a non-issue---for Angels I take a crumble of it and mix it with some water to make a paste, then gently spread it all over my face (if I feel like I need some real exfoliation, I scrub it in a bit here). When I rinse off, voila---down the drain goes the dead skin and blocked pores, and I am left with a light, soothing layer of lavender and rose oils on my face that soak in almost immediately and blend well with any Lush moisturizer I put on (used to be exclusively Enzymion, then was exclusively Gorgeous, now is exclusively Vanishing Cream). It has never broken me out, and my skin is notoriously finicky: if I use any but my four standard products on it (Lush Coalface, Lush Tea Tree Water, Lush Vanishing Cream, and Burt's Bees Repair Serum), it goes insane, big cystic acne all over the place. This is what I reach to when that happens---it's so soothing to my face, never overcleansing or harsh. A+, Lush!

The bottom line: A wonderful treat for my skin now and again. Perfect if you have dry/acne-prone, sensitive, or combo/oily skin. Super-oily or super-super-sensitive types should probably steer clear---but get a sample! You never know what your skin might love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, yet another LUSH product I love! A really nice SA at the York, UK store gave me a generous sample of this and I totally fell in love with it. It's a very moisturizing, gentle, smoothing half-solid scrub - one of the gentler scrubs I've tried. My skin absolutely glowed each morning after using this with my tea tree water samples! I got a random compliment, even! I'd buy this for the winter months when I find it hard to use scrubs or regular cleansers because they are too harsh or drying. This one is very moisturizing and really softens your skin. I did not break out due to this, either. Plus it smells amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by bebe21

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for nearly a month now. I use it every other night, more for exfoliating purpose after my cleanser. I really love the smell, find it very therapeautic. My face is nicely mosturised after using this so i don't use mosturiser afterwards.
Highly recommended product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by no_regrets_coyote

i love this stuff. i don't use it as a regular cleanser, because i have oily skin, but i do use it every morning after cleansing. it exfoliates gently, and the thick paste feels good and smells nice and leaves me glowy. i use it on my shoulders and chest, too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 5:12:00 AM More reviews by SophH

This is a good cleanser but not the best by a long shot. It does leave your skin feeling nice-but never fully clean. The packaging is awful-water/moisture can easily get into the container when you're using it. A container does last you for ages-but see if you can get a sample before you buy or you might end up chucking most of it in the bin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 3:07:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am totally pro AOBS. It leaves my skin feeling treated, cleansed and moisturised. It doesn't really exfoliate my skin, so I am still using my regular exfoliator, however I don't see why some bicarbonate of soda or even some crushed up aspirin wouldn't make AOBS a wonderful exfoliator as well. The fragrance is definitely strong, but to me it is pleasant and natural-smelling. Messy it certainly is. I take a small piece into the shower with me and smear it all over my face as soon as I get in.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by NettabooNOLA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OK I wanted to use this a few times before I did a review. I didn't think I would really like this, but wanted to try it anyway. I don't use this as a makeup remover. I used it after I take off make up and in the morning. I was taking Accutane and I thought I should try something for sensitive skin. When I'm using it it doesn't feel like it's dong much, but after my skin is softer than other scrubs make it. Adding the water is not too big of a deal. No break outs and I cn use this after a chemicial peel cause it's so gentle. I tried QH oatmeal and honey to see if it would be a cheaper alternate, but it didn't compare.