August 31, 2014 | 1503 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. I am very handy with make up and all but even to me it took me a while to figure out how to use this best. I just wet my hands a little (not too much or I can't rub it apart anymore), then I rub it into smaller bits and then apply on my face.

So is it any good?

I love using this in the morning. If you do it right it really gives your skin a glow, but doesn't make it oily. It didn't cause me breakouts either but then again, I'm not THAT sensitive. I also like the smell, which kinda reminds me of pasta with pesto (don't ask...). One con is that it isn't super at removing make up. To remove my foundation in the evening I use a different product than this.
As for the exfoliating part, it DOES exfoliate but not much. It's not as harsh as most daily scrubs so if you're looking for something more gentle this could be it for you.

Does it last long?

Heck yes. When I saw this in the shop for over 8 euros for a tiny pot I hesitated to buy. I know how much cleaners I usually need and no way that this would last long like that. But I found out you really only need a tiny pinch of the stuff to completely cleanse your face so this will last a long while. And as a little goes a long way the price is actually pretty cheap in my opinion.

Overall: a nice product, especially to give your skin a bit of a boost in the morning but don't expect it to take off tons of make up perfectly. Will definetly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by yansi

i have really sensitive skin, so instead of using this as a daily cleanser, i use it as a weekly scrub.

it's soo gentle, yet it still makes my skin really smooth afterwards. it doesn't dry out my skin, nor does it make it angry red.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by fstygrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin that reacts negatively to almost every skin product I use, particularly exfoliators. This product works great though. My only complaint is that its a little awkward to use. I highly recommend this product to others with sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by luv2smilexo

I got this product as a bogo with my afterlife moisturizer. It was supposed to be good for my combination acne-prone skin. I found it very difficult to use. I didnt feel that it was actually cleaning my face. Also, I couldnt get over the awful smell! It smelled like a campfire and all smokey. I hate smoke, it makes me feel sick. That said, i will not be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by orangeserendipity32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best exfoliator I have found for my face! It is gentle enough to use about twice a week on my sensitive ,and somewhat dry skin thru all the seasons, and even seems to moisturize it with its essential oils. My frend has oily skin and likes it equally as much as I do. This is my guaranteed radiant skin product. If I have a special occasion to go to, I always make sure I use this beforehand, and the result is-I have soft glowing skin that looks more even and toned to the point in which people will compliment how much my skin "glows."

I find that application is a breeze-I pinch off about a pea size about, and add a lil water and mash it up w/ my finger (while it is in my palm to make a paste). I then apply it to my damp face and massage it in circular motions for about a minute. I always use it in the shower so that I don't have to deal with any mess that it might cause. I feel like it is fun to use actually, like I am giving myself a mini spa treatment. I love the aromatherapy qualities of this herbal blend of fresh lavendar and other oils. I still feel like I need to use a cleanser before this if I have any makeup on, as this doesn't seem like it would do the job on its own.

Some complaints-I liked the sample of this product better, as it had more oils in it (since it is handmade, batches vary), and I hate the cheap plastic container it comes in. I wish it were a more substantial one like the other black screw top lid containers LUSH uses for most their products. Please note that you have to make sure this pop off lid is closed very securely so the product doesn't dry out too much or go bad.

For 3.5 oz it is about $10, and well worth it. I have been using mine for about 7 months and have barely made a dent. Ingredients: Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Lavender Flowers (Lavendula hybrida), *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.
*Naturally occurs in essential oils

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by jj_jj_jj

This is a wonderful product. Perhaps the best cleanser I have ever used!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by sarahmascara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great exfoliator for my sensitive, DRY skin. I love the way my skin feels after using it, but the packaging and the consistency of the stuff is frustrating. LUSH's typical little plastic tub container is difficult to completely close, so my cake started to dry out. As for the cake itself, it's spongy and hard to work into your skin. You have to really grind it with your fingertips before applying it to your face, and even then you end up losing enormous chunks of it. I *might* buy this again, since it really makes my skin feel fabulous, but I'm kind of on the fence about it at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Thena

Just repurchased this, and I really like that a small amount can go a long way with this product. It is a bit crumbly, but it is gentle. I have sampled coal cleanser as well, but that is much aggressive than this even though they are both for all skin types. This cleanser is probably good for sensitive skin as well as normal/combo people like me. I like that it leaves my face fresh but exfoliated making it an ideal daily cleanser. Packing is not so great in the little container LUSH provides, but oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by FridayLong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I've been using AOBS for about two years now. It is my HG morning cleanser/daily exfoliator. I wouldn't use it at night because it's not a make up remover and makes no claims to be. And really, who wants to rub ground almonds in their eyes? I get complimented a lot on my skin, even by total strangers. At 51 this makes me very happy. I give a fair share of credit to AOBS (along with other facial products and lucky genes).

The messy? I use it in the shower every morning. Any mess goes right down the drain. I don't find it drying or too 'rough' because I use it gently. That's my face I'm scrubbing, not the kitchen floor. The mixing it with water thing is easy to figure out and leaving the product in it's drier state until it's used helps preserve it, not to mention saving on storage space and shipping costs.

The packaging? It isn't a glamourous little jar but who needs more sh!t for the landfill. It's a little snap lid plastic container you can put in recycle when it's empty. As far as the time the product is good for, I get mine once or twice a year in Portland OR (I'd rather drive the two+ hours to south to Portland than the hour it would take me to get 40 miles north into downtown Seattle). I bring it home and store all but the one I'm currently using in the fridge and none of it has ever gone bad.
I love this stuff. I will use it until the day I die hopefully (are you listening LUSH? NO DISCONTINUING!!!!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by BEjunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodnes, could this be for-real HG status LOVE after only a week of using?!

I must admit that I bought AOBS on a bit of a whim after asking a sales associate at LUSH to recommend a good cleanser for my normal (yet lately rather dry between my eyes) skin. She lovingly referred me to AOBS, gave me a demo using it along with Imperialis (will definitely buy this soon) and Au Roma Water toner. She instructed me to only use a cleanser at night...so that's what I've been doing. Figuring out how to get this stuff to the right consistency is tricky...but since I watched the SA do it during the demo, I was ahead of the game.

I'm so crazy about this product. It's not the most beautiful thing I've ever seen -- DH commented that I looked like I was smearing vomit all over my face in the shower the other night -- but the smell is fantastic (just enough lavender...it's such a soothing smell!) and the overall product payoff is amazing. My skin has never felt so soft, smooth, supple and just downright PRETTY! I was feeling like maybe I needed to make an appointment for a facial or something...my skin was seeming so lackluster after the cold winter... But MAN! This absolutely revived it!

Providing that this stuff doesn't eventually make me breakout...I am SO sold on this product! Even the price isn't bad...11 bucks gets you more product than you'll use in the three months it takes it to expire. I've started sharing my tub with my DH and have even sampled some of it out to coworkers. Would definitely buy again, absolutely!!!!