November 28, 2014 | 1928 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2007 5:48:00 PM More reviews by beck5909

Got this as a sample from sephora...yuck! IMO, it was just so overpowering...maybe this is more of a generational scent?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2007 11:08:00 AM More reviews by BettyGrable

This is truly one of the best fragrances of all time. I am a vintage-obessed girl who adores anything from the classic eras of the 1920's through the 1950's. I adore the classic bottle, and of course all the history that goes behind the fragrance. I feel just like Marilyn Monroe whenever I wear it. : )
I used to wear Love's Baby Soft perfume in middle school, and now I feel i'm wearing a much more grown-up version of the classic baby powder sent! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my winter scent and I love it. It drives my man wild. I adore Chanel products. I wish I had the money to soak in a vat of the Chanel #5 lotion.

An old French product that never goes out of style. Beautiful, classic and oh la la...
Coco Chanel was truly an artist.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 9:15:00 PM More reviews by perrycarlisle17

Five things you should know about Chanel No5:
1) personally, i believe this scent is best suited for the wintertime. it is a rather heavy, elegant perfume and should be worn with heavy, elegant clothing (coats, furs, sweaters, scarves,etc). springtime, i think you should use a perfume that's lighter/more flowery
2) personally, i believe this is a nighttime perfume.
3) for all those who complain that the perfume is "too heavy" and that it gives them a headache, i think you might be using too much. this is a very strong perfume. a little will go a long way.
4) this is a city girl's perfume. that is, i can't imagine someone in miami in a bikini wearing this scent.
5) classic. when i was a little girl, i was a sorta tomboy who thought fashion was the lamest thing ever. i never took showers, wore my dad's baggy tshirt, and my jeans had holes in the butt. yeah, i was a disaster. but even back then, whenever i'd hug my mom, i'd smell her chanel no5 and think to myself, "this is what it must smell like to be a woman." this perfume is so elegant and conjures images of a powerful, confident woman. but more importantly, this perfume has got so much history. personal and cultural history. ah...brings back so many great memories

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by sbl679

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic scent. As a total perfume junkie, I have tons of stuff, but this is one I always come back to. My grandmother, my mom and I all wore it on our wedding day(s), so it holds many memories. Can be too strong if one uses too much, but it's still great. A bottle will last me a very long time. A gal should try this at least once in her life, regardless of preconcieved notions. It's such a classy and classic scent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by 64colors

Va-va-va-voom! I gravitate towards smoky, exotic, gourmand type scents, so it was such a surprise to be absolutely DELIGHTED upon sniffing this for the first time. This bombshell-esque floral is nothing short of mythic, an icon in its own right. With this scent I am reminded of Paris in the springtime, Champagne, pink roses, diamonds, and being in love, being young, and being beautiful. Not bad for an old gal in her eighties, huh?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2007 10:56:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was first given a bottle of Chanel No5 by my best friend when I turned 11 and I had no idea of the history, or the value, of it at that time. I have worn it ever since. This just works with my body chemistry and the scent is very powdery but also clean, almost a bit lemony (perhaps this is because I pair it with the body lotion). I happen to be a fan of "old fashioned" or "old lady" scents - I actually find some of them sexy, or can be made so, on the right woman. I will go for periods of time and wear other perfumes, but when I come back to this, it reminds me of my old self...in a good way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by misskitty5077

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I get this in the classic bottle eau de perfume spray. I fell in love with the fragrance during my teens. Fifteen years later I still love it but not for every day wear. A bottle will last me forever and it is my *one* cosmetic splurge :-)

I find this to be a flowery-powdery scent. Very feminine. If applied heavy, it is too much and smothers me. Lightly applied, it is wonderful and such a soft fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2007 4:30:00 PM More reviews by rakkle99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really excited to try a sample of this, like many others that reviewed it before me. But unfortunately, it was 100% powdery, old-lady scent on me and gave me a headache. Too bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2007 8:52:00 AM More reviews by beckibabe

This is my signature perfume, I have had it for a few years now and will definately repurchase when it runs out. Its quite strong so it does take some getting used to, but gosh its lovely. Smells fresh, clean powdery hard to explain but its devine. I get so many compliments from it.