October 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by sbl679

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic scent. As a total perfume junkie, I have tons of stuff, but this is one I always come back to. My grandmother, my mom and I all wore it on our wedding day(s), so it holds many memories. Can be too strong if one uses too much, but it's still great. A bottle will last me a very long time. A gal should try this at least once in her life, regardless of preconcieved notions. It's such a classy and classic scent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by 64colors

Va-va-va-voom! I gravitate towards smoky, exotic, gourmand type scents, so it was such a surprise to be absolutely DELIGHTED upon sniffing this for the first time. This bombshell-esque floral is nothing short of mythic, an icon in its own right. With this scent I am reminded of Paris in the springtime, Champagne, pink roses, diamonds, and being in love, being young, and being beautiful. Not bad for an old gal in her eighties, huh?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2007 10:56:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was first given a bottle of Chanel No5 by my best friend when I turned 11 and I had no idea of the history, or the value, of it at that time. I have worn it ever since. This just works with my body chemistry and the scent is very powdery but also clean, almost a bit lemony (perhaps this is because I pair it with the body lotion). I happen to be a fan of "old fashioned" or "old lady" scents - I actually find some of them sexy, or can be made so, on the right woman. I will go for periods of time and wear other perfumes, but when I come back to this, it reminds me of my old self...in a good way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by misskitty5077

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I get this in the classic bottle eau de perfume spray. I fell in love with the fragrance during my teens. Fifteen years later I still love it but not for every day wear. A bottle will last me forever and it is my *one* cosmetic splurge :-)

I find this to be a flowery-powdery scent. Very feminine. If applied heavy, it is too much and smothers me. Lightly applied, it is wonderful and such a soft fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2007 4:30:00 PM More reviews by rakkle99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really excited to try a sample of this, like many others that reviewed it before me. But unfortunately, it was 100% powdery, old-lady scent on me and gave me a headache. Too bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2007 8:52:00 AM More reviews by beckibabe

This is my signature perfume, I have had it for a few years now and will definately repurchase when it runs out. Its quite strong so it does take some getting used to, but gosh its lovely. Smells fresh, clean powdery hard to explain but its devine. I get so many compliments from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by MariaBraun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a true Chanel fragrances fan. They really agree with my body chemistry. No.5 is such a timeless classic. It is my second favourite fragrance after Allure and just before Allure Sensuelle and Coco Mademoiselle. I absolutely adore this fragrance. I feel soooo classy wearing it. I love how it smells on my skin, flowery with a heavy powdery base. Somehow I associate this with a smell of a very expensive soap. I totally understand that some people might not like it as this is one of those 'love it or hate it' fragrances. It is definitely worth testing though. A very grown-up scent. Highly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by xxporcelainxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Nauseating. I can't believe people still wear it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried and tried to like this scent when I was in college, but I apparently wasn't womanly enough back then. :) Ten years later, I absolutely love it. I think back then I couldn't get past No. 5's initial, out-of-the-bottle smell. And I have to admit, it still smells "pollen-ish" to me. Hard to explain, but it has the smell of some flowers (like lilies) that are pretty but don't smell the best. But No. 5's drydown is absolutely magical. I don't know what to compare it to; I don't know what it smells like, and I don't want to know. It makes me feel classy and beautiful. UPDATE 11/27/07: Still absolutely love this fragrance. But I have something to share. I went camping a couple of months ago, and it was buggy. We busted out with the bug spray, and I said, "This smells soooo good." Then I realized it smelled like No. 5. Still love it, tho!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2007 7:26:00 PM More reviews by kimmy310

Smells like powdery flowers. The pure parfume lasts all day. This is for the very sophisticated lady. I personally prefer Chanel Allure over No. 5 for it's more youthful scent.