Chanel No.5

3.5

on 3/28/2007 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Hands down, one of the worst things I have ever smelled. It smells of stagnant water, and perhaps mildew. To each their own!

on 3/17/2007 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Strictly for the over 60 crowd!!!

on 3/11/2007 12:55:00 PM

This is not an easy fragrance to understand. On me, it is an enigmatic mix of ylang-ylang, neroli, spice and sweetness. But which spices? No cinnamon listed. Which sweet base? Vanilla or amber? I must say, I don't know. This is a soft, pliable fragrance that wraps itself around my wrist like a warm, plastic substance, soft and almost doughy. It is a scent that is man-made which feels utterly natural. A unique classic from Chanel. Parfum strength is the only concentration strong enough for me. See if it works for you.

on 3/8/2007 10:39:00 PM

I am not quite sure what the big fuss is over Chanel No. 5. Like many other reviewers, I hate old-lady fragrances. This reeks of circa 1927. I totally adore Coco Mademoiselle or Chance over this "classic" fragrance. Save your money and buy another scent from the Chanel line, or better yet- from a different line.

Classic sophisticated scent. Scent is subjective, so it's hard to review. Long-lasting. Definitely not a girlish or sweet fragrance. Reminds me of Audrey Hepburn for reasons unknown to me.

I hate old lady scents. And this is one of them, BUT... I must say that this fragrance smells lovely on my friend. I think people either love Chanel No. 5 or hate it. I don't like it on me at all, it smells too much like powder. And I hate the smell of powder. I'll stick with my Creed fragrances which I absolutely love!

on 2/26/2007 5:48:00 PM

Got this as a sample from sephora...yuck! IMO, it was just so overpowering...maybe this is more of a generational scent?

on 2/23/2007 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is truly one of the best fragrances of all time. I am a vintage-obessed girl who adores anything from the classic eras of the 1920's through the 1950's. I adore the classic bottle, and of course all the history that goes behind the fragrance. I feel just like Marilyn Monroe whenever I wear it. : )
I used to wear Love's Baby Soft perfume in middle school, and now I feel i'm wearing a much more grown-up version of the classic baby powder sent! I love it!

on 2/19/2007 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my winter scent and I love it. It drives my man wild. I adore Chanel products. I wish I had the money to soak in a vat of the Chanel #5 lotion.

An old French product that never goes out of style. Beautiful, classic and oh la la...
Coco Chanel was truly an artist.

Popular Fragrances