Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

It's pink and smells fantastic. What else is needed here?

on 7/9/2008 6:25:00 AM

First of all, i don't believe that any of us who use MUA website are the type of people who "have ALWAYS used this (Dove Beauty Bar) or who have always stuck with soap and water" and not "people who engage in skincare promiscuity, with a variety of regimes and serums" as the previous reviewer had said.
I think we are all here because in one way or another, we love skincare and makeup stuff.
Maybe some of us will like to stick with high-end brands and other, drugstore's, or will just simply try anything that works.

For me, personally, this beauty bar is the biggest surprise. And a nice one.
I have/had been using Estee Lauder, Clarins, Shiseido, Cle de Peau, Clinique, L'occitane skincare for as long as i remember being crazy about beauty products... Needless to say, how skeptical i was when a friend of mine suggested using Dove for my back acne. No way, i said to myself. First because i never use soap. (I read on many books (one of my favorites is Beauty - The Basic by Rona Berg) and magazines that soaps in general is not good for your skin). But i believe that Dove Beauty Bar is one exception. Anyway, when it came to the point when i couldn't stand the annoying little pimples there and get really desperate, i started trying Dove out, just because my friends wouldn't stop her raving. Plus, i am hopeless anyway, trying this cheap soap can't do a lot more damage. I use this together with my exfoliating bath gloves.
I was surprised. It clears up my back acne in matter of a couple of weeks. After about 3 months of using this, my skin feels soft and smooth to the touch. I've gotten a lot of compliments on how soft my skin is :-)
Then i decided to try this on my face as well. It also helps to clear up my facial acne. I use this soap on my face in conjunction with Shiseido Facial Massage Brush) and it leaves my skin clean and more or less pimple free.
Of course due to my being snob, i couldn't help but to come back every now and then to an expensive cleanser, but, after all, nothing beat this little gem. And it's so cheap.
If you are new to using soap on your skin. I would recommend using Dove Sensitive Bar first, it's more gentle.
For preference: i am very clog-pore prone, my skin is quite oily.

I've come to the conclusion that I just may be one of those people on MUA who just can't use anything that other people rave about. I like this as a shower bar, as others have mentioned, the smell is clean, comforting, and a huge plus. And I had huge hopes for cutting down on skincare costs and my routine. But for my face, it just made my skin dull and a little rougher, caused a few small bumps, and didn't do much else. I think it may just be the case that it'll work for people who have ALWAYS used this or who have always stuck with soap and water, but maybe for people who engage in skincare promiscuity, with a variety of regimes and serums, like myself, going back to the basics may not always be such a viable option. Still great for the shower though.

on 7/4/2008 9:07:00 AM

I LOVE this product. It leaves my skin soft, clean and kind to the skin . . . ahh skin bliss ! ! ! The smell can be a little strong but you get used to it. It doesn't moisturise that much, it more or less steadies the skin pH which is why I believe it is recommended by dermatologists. My only quibble is the inconvenience of it (like all soaps). But I bought a four pack of these soaps for only 1.90 euros and a plastic soap box for travelling and hygiene reasons. What a price what a product ! !

on 6/13/2008 6:31:00 PM

Okay, my review is based on using the white bar. It's very moisturizing. Maybe that's why it disappears...............? And the smell is a bit potent. I can barely shave my armpits without tears streaming down my face! It is a good bar though! I have extremely itchy and dry skin and this has helped when so many others hadn't. My husband got it for me and it was supposed to be the unscented. I'll have to go next time and get that one. I hear good things about that one, too. Good soaps. Better than alot of the others! And I've tried many.

on 6/10/2008 10:39:00 PM

Soft, soft, soft! Don't we all want to have moisturized skin? Lovely scent and great lather. Definitely buying again.

on 6/9/2008 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

A HG product for me. I use this on both face and body and love it. I can also use it on my kids without worry.

on 6/4/2008 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've used Dove for over 20 years and although I try other face cleansers, I always come back. It's gentle and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. My grandma has used it practically all her life and her skin is beautiful.

on 6/3/2008 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! My skin feels so soft, smooth, and moisturized after I use it. I definitely notice my skin's natural glow.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this since I was a kid...but only just started using it as a face wash. I use an oil cleanser in the morning to rid myself of excess oil and take off the oil of olay beauty fluid and pond's cream i use. (i don't wear foundation so I don't really need it at night) This is the perfect afterwash for the oil cleanser. It rinses nicely and cleans without stinging. It doesn't dry my skin out too much which is nice too! It really is a classic bar. The only problem is that it's IMPOSSIBLE to travel with!