Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 5/16/2008 12:37:00 PM

Burt's Bees seems to be a bit of a niche brand these days and this is the first of their products I've tried. I'm not wild about the little tin it comes in. It's obviously in keeping with their branding but it seems a bit cheap looking to me. Also the lid is a bit tricky to lever off - you end up using your nails, which you're in danger of breaking! (Maybe they want you to buy one of their other products for this...)
The lemon smell of this is delicious - smells quite strong and good enough to eat. I find it a bit greasy to use and although it seems to do the job when I put it on I'm not convinced it's actually getting absorbed deep down and doing the job I want it to. I put it on just before I go to bed and it seems to have almost disappeared by the time I slide between the sheets.UPdate: I have downgraded my rating because, after having used this for some monmths, religiously every night, I still find the skin round the sounds of my nailas extremely dry. In fact, I'm not sure that they aren't more so than they were before! This does contain lemon, which I guess could be drying?

on 5/15/2008 9:02:00 AM

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! It has the fresh, clean lemon scent that the Origins cuticle cream has, and I <3 that scent!!!

I have had this stuff for 3 days now and I am addicted. I use it all day long at my desk, and I think in addition to making my dry cracked cuticles smooth and soft again, its making my nails more healthy.

While it was $5.99 (kinda pricey) at Wal-greens and slightly less at Target, I will buy this again when I run out.

on 5/13/2008 10:49:00 AM

This smells great! Lemony and clean and delicious. I'm not sure what the purpose of cuticle salve is, or why I can't just use hand lotion, but this stuff smells great and I love putting it on.

on 5/12/2008 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just got this and I LOVE it! The scent is a nice lemon scent, not cleaning product-like (some citrus scents smell like Lysol to me). Not this, it's pleasant and not too strong. It moisturizes very well and seems like it'll last forever because you only need a little bit for all 10 fingers. Will definately repurchase!

on 5/9/2008 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

WOW, I love this stuff. I bite my nails so my cuticles are always dry and chapped... after I put this stuff on, it makes them look so healthy that I'm hesitant to bite. (Until they start looking nasty again, which doesn't take long for me... I'm very active). But it's EXTREMELY moisturizing and absorbs very fast...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is fantastic!! I have the most brittle, fragile nails ever, but with a massage of this twice everyday my nails are way healthier. Plus the lemony scent makes it smell good enough to eat.

on 5/3/2008 4:23:00 AM

This is a great product! It works as advertised. I use it on my toenails and hand nails and makes at-home manicures and pedicures all the more easier to do. It is lemony and buttery like its name states.

on 4/25/2008 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is my secret weapon for beautiful nails. I had a problem with hangnails and really fragile nails that would chip and break. My nails are now the healthiest they've ever been, and all I have to do is massage it into my nails twice daily. The scent is nice, but it goes on a bit greasy, so I have to be careful what I touch afterwards. Great stuff! I've gotten many other people hooked on this product. I've been using it for at least 4 yrs.

on 4/23/2008 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Pretty good product for dry cuticles. All natural ingredients and pleasant lemon scent. I just wish it wasn't so thick.

on 4/12/2008 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first tried this cuticle cream as part of a gift set. It has a nice, fresh scent and good consistency. It really softens my cuticles and the rough patches on my heels. I would prefer a tube instead of a metal tin but with the thickness of the cream, I can see how the tin is the only way to package it.

Definitely my HG product to keep my cuticles and nails healthy!

Popular Treatments