October 30, 2014 | 1747 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very smooth and creamy, but did not hold up on my oily skin at all. Looked spotty and just bad by the end of the work day. I swapped mine away. Also did not find a good color match.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The original Revlon Colourstay is my holy grail foundation so I thought I would give this a shot. Its pretty much the same for me...just a different consistency. The coverage is medium to full and it is extremely buildable without being cakey. It blends out very nicely with fingers but I usually use a flat top kabuki brush for an air brushed finish and set it with a loose translucent powder. This lasts all day and its still on my face when I wipe it off at night (including the days I go for a run!). My skin is very oily especially in my t zone and like the original version of this foundation, it keeps me matte all day long. This also didn't break me out which is very common for me.

I do have a few cons of this product that have made me give it 4 out of 5. The glass jar is so heavy and bulky. Its fine if you don't travel much but this can take up a lot of room and weight in your bag and I'd much rather carry the original. Its also a little deceiving - the magnification of jar makes it look like its full. I also find I use a lot more product with the whipped, and the jar don't last me nearly as long as the bottle. I'm guessing the liquid blends out better and I don't need as much product. The jar seems a bit unsanitary to me - I do clean my brushes quite often and close the jar when its not in use but it seems like a great open place for germs to hang out. For some reason I find this transfers really easily I notice a lot more product on my collar, tissue when I blow my nose, and on my iPhone screen. My original colourstay transfers but not as much as this one.

I chose no to repurchase because its basically the exact same as the original for me and I'd much rather have the bottle for travel and the bottle lasts me a longer time. Its a great product and if you like the original I recommend you giving this a shot. I will use this up but I plan to stick with my holy grail for now!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Khause

LOVE LOVE LOVE I used to use the Mac studio fix foundation and this blows it out of the water. This has become my holy grail foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

UGH, I really wanted to like this product. I love the container-I actually think it's quite expensive looking with the glass, and twist off black top. I also love the consistency because it feels very cooling and mousse-like, and it felt good going on my skin. I used my flat top kabuki and it blended like a dream. BUT I HATED THE COLOR. I LOVE the original Revlon Colorstay and have bought it time and time again. I'm currently NC30-35 and bought Warm Golden after reading so many MUAers thought that shade was a match. The Whipped Creme makeup did not match at all, because it was just too pink/neutral and looked gray. I don't have that problem at all with the original colorstay and now I feel really bad that I spent $12 on a foundation I will never use.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Deodand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Foundation in a jar is a terrible idea. By the time you hit pan on this big old glass thing, it would be fully rotten.

As far as the product goes...it never set on my face, no matter how thoroughly I powdered it. By mid-day it would be found sleeping happily by the sides of my nose...an entire face-full of foundation. I could push it back into place and have it wander back by tea-time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by bschrader

I LOVEEEEEE this foundation, I'm a Mac NW25 and wear Sand Beige 200 in this. It covers everything, doesn't feel too cakey, doesn't break me out and stays! Almost every foundation I've tried, which includes the regular Colorstay foundation tends to fade and after half a day I can see my redness showing through. I don't often set this with a powder because I find i don't need to and it looks better when I don't. This actually looks better as it sets in. I am looking for something lighter during the summer months, but this is definitely the closest to a HG foundation i've ever used. Applying it I had to test it out, what works best is dabbing dots around your face and then with a flat top kabuki tapping it and buffing it into my skin. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Chevygirl14

This foundation made me look like an oompa loompa. I was so excited to try it, but when it settled into my skin, it made deep lines that I don't have and made my skin look so dry. It dried orange and splotchy for me. Will not be repurchasing :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by chrisreid8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

While the jar is beautiful, it is heavy, and not very sanitary. I actually prefer the tester squeeze tubes at the pharmacy.
This is quite different than the colorstay liquid foundation, as this oxidizes quite dark. In the liquid colory-stay, medium-beige is a good summer color for me, but when I bought the same in the whipped form, my skin just seemed like it had a shadow cast on it. So just beware when colour matching! Otherwise, I may try shearing it down more so more of my natural colour shows through.
Otherwise, it feels great on the skin, and found it hydrating for my dry/dehyrated skin. In Australia it is expensive, as is all revlon foundation (almost the same price as department store foundations). But Colorstay is a great brand, it lasts, and is great for dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by rosademarzo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sorry to spoil the party, guys! I agree with everyone below me that this is a great foundation, great staying power, a dream to blend, etc, etc.
BUT: it transfers like mad!! Onto my cell phone and everything that touches my face, and worst of all: it transfers to, stains and ruins my compact powders, blushes, eyeshadows and brushes!! NO WAY!! (My good ol' trusted Revlon Colorstay - you've never done this to me!)
The only way I see around this is acquiring 3 or 4 complete sets of cheap makeup brushes and never ever double dip again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by valerie83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this as an under eye concealer for several weeks now, and I have to say I love it! This product is light, gentle, and blends easily. When applying it, I don't feel like I am pulling on the skin under my eye, which is important to because I'm starting to see wrinkles form. I have dark circles and this does an excellent job concealing them. I don't even have to use a yellow concealer as a base anymore because this does such a great job! I use a bit of emu oil to help hydrate, then put a bit of this around my eyes and voila, my skin feels great all day! It only takes a little for the whole day, so this container will last awhile, but when it does run out I will definitely buy this again! The only con I can think of is that while I like the pot type container, it was a little difficult tell the shade, since it looks lighter on the outside than when the cover is off.