October 2, 2014 | 1423 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by speediesam

I pretty much love this product! I've been trying to use up all my old foundations that I used to use all the time so that i can save this and use it on special occasions.

PROS
Feels lightweight, but provides medium to full coverage
staying power

CONS
bulky packaging
hard to see your shade throught the glass (I happened to choose the right one the first time, but it was hard to tell)

I suggest you apply this with a stippling brush. I use my Real Techniques stippling brush and the head of the brush is small enought to fit in the jar, and i feel like i use less product this way.

It leaves a semi matte finish which makes it look very natural, no need for powder unless you have oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by TheGoofQueen

This has been my go-to foundation for at least a year now, if not longer. This product has a great consistency, very light and creamy without collapsing the instant you put it on your skin. I'd say it has a medium coverage - it does a great job at covering redness or small unevenness, but major breakouts or other issues, not so much. I do set this with a powder since I have a pretty oily t-zone, but it still looks fine! I also have pretty acne-prone skin, but this has never once broken me out, which is pretty amazing to me. I have applied it with a cosmetic sponge and a brush, and currently prefer the brush, but I think you could apply this several different ways depending on what works best for you. I do think it's a bit on the pricier side, somewhere in the realm of $13 or so, but I just haven't found anything that works better than it, so for the time being it's definitely worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by tkittyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is horrible. It smells like plastic and is so thick and heavy on my skin. Would not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by jay186

I think this is a great foundation for every day use. I find it sets really well- even if i don't use a translucent powder. It blends really well and lasts all day.

I have dark circles under my eyes which are genetic and this is the only non-cream foundation that conceals them- I don't even need concealer now. My skin is pretty clear so I cannot justify using thick cream foundations with heavy coverage for every day but the problem with liquid foundations is that they tend to make my skin oily and shiny. This foundation- however- is just right.

The only problem is that the foundation has a weird smell but it goes away quickly. Will definitely buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Hunnibunn

I have tried this out and it is very nice and feels incredibly silky on my skin. This stuff covers very nice; on my skin it is not full coverage when have a bad skin week. It was more like, more than medium coverage, but not exactly full. (Only wear this during special occasions or when I'm going to take a lot of photos since this does not have SPF)
Overall, this foundation is very impressive and I don't really have any cons for this. In Mac I am NC 30 in the summer; I used warm golden. Right now it is to dark for me but in the summer it matched me pretty well. I applied this with my fingers which gave me the best results. The fact that it's in a jar doesn't really bother me that much.
With a primer it lasted me all day and looked great in photos as it didn't feel heavy on my face.
I say go for it, it's worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by KristyLee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love it! I've been using Revlon's liquid Colorstay for years now, because of the great coverage, long wear time, and for being transfer resistant. These same qualities can be expected from their whipped version of Colorstay. This foundation seems to apply best with fingers, and a little goes a long way. Very blendable (doesn't dry quickly like the liquid version), and buildable (two light coats provides full coverage for me). I set with powder and I don't have to touch up throughout the day (no oil break through). Feels very light on my skin.
Some have complained that the packaging is not travel friendly, I personally like the packaging and if I end up traveling I'd scoop a small amount into an empty mineral eyeshadow pot.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by LawLaw88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an ok foundation. Nothing to do cartwheels over. I only use it if
I'm going somewhere for 5-6 hours at night, never more than that. Even with a primer if you're an oily girl like me don't expect 8 hours of wear. I'm pretty pale (nc/nw 10) in the winter and the lightest color is not a perfect match for me. Also it is a really thick
full coverage foundation. If I'm breaking out, this will cover up any spot. Would I buy it again? Probably not. Will I use it all up? Yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Julia336

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for a couple of weeks and it's the only one I've never had to touch up with powder during the day. Normally, with every other foundation, I'd end up putting powder on a couple times a day. This is the only foundation I can go all day without having to touch up and I love it. Makes my life so much easier. It is pricey for drugstore and the packaging is really cumbersome. If you need to travel for work, or just like to, packing it would be difficult. It would take up so much room in your makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by SuzieQ1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely have found my new go-to foundation! It's so lightweight it glides over my skin like air! It isn't heavy at all, yet it provides excellent coverage on my oily skin and lasts all day! I don't even need to touch up my face throughout the day when I use this foundation...I LOVE it! Please Revlon, don't ever discontinue this line~!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Dmccarty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot believe the money I have wasted at stores like Sephora trying to find my HG foundation, and there it was, lurking on the Revlon display at CVS ... for 13 bucks! It has everything I want - natural look, great coverage, smooth & poreless finish, lasts with no transfer, great shade match, and easy to apply (I kind of pat it into my skin with my fingers). I do need a moisturizer under it in the winter but that's all the prep needed. It even saves me time as I can skip concealer & shadow primer when I'm in a hurry. Fantastic product!!