July 24, 2014 | 1037 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by ary4nn

I have had this foundation for a while now, not too long but not too recently. I am in the shade 160 rich ginger, and during my "lighter days" (lol) i am in the shade 360 natural tan. My skin can range from normal to dry skin and get a little oily here and there. I use my garnier skin renew refreshing gel cream as moisturizer (as always) before putting this stuff on. This foundation has 0.8 fluid ounces.

Packaging: The jar is glass and can def. break easy and I am not a fan of the whole dip-your-fingers in but as long as your hands are clean and sanitized it shouldn't be a major problem

Consistency: This foundation has this weird consistency of a moose sort of creamy, velvety feeling and is actually pretty cool. It looks like if you were to put it on that you would look cakey but i, personally, think otherwise. It really depends on how you apply it.

Blending ability: A little goes a long way with this foundation and it could be medium to full coverage. Once you put this on your skin and let it settle most of the time it does not feel like i am wearing make up

Lasting ability: Do I honestly think this foundation can last 24 hours? No. But it does have an amazing lasting power. I want to say around 12-18 hours max for me and for many other reviewers.

*i have had hot days while wearing this foundation and it does come through and stay on

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by jaydensmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing this foundation for a few months now and think it is okay. It doesn't seem to be transfer resistant for me...it gets on everything I put my face on. The good thing is that it has not broken me out. Yay for that!
I have this in Natural Tan, which is a great match for my skin. I get the best application with my fingers. The times I have used a brush, it gets really cakey.
The packaging sucks. The jar is so heavy, which makes it a pain to carry around. Then, my lid broke! The inside things that catch on the jar to secure it came off. ALL of them! I can't take it with me at all because if it tips onto its side (which it always does), eventually it makes its way onto the bottom of my purse! This may be a deal breaker for me because I need to be able to take it with me.
Overall, I give it a 3, and the packaging a 0, if I could. I really don't think I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Toom_Snoopy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! My face is very oily, full of acne acars, and large pores, so the only foundation that I always search for is full coverage and oil control. Revlon Whipped does this job. The consistency is easy to apply and it doesn't sink into pores during the day. It rather controls oil well and also it lasts all day. The coverage is depending on the amount you apply but it neither looks cakey nor heavy on the skin. However I think it's medium coverage and that's OK for me. The finish is silky smooth as it claims. I'm very pleased with the result of the drugstore foundation. Even expensive counterbrands don't do as they claim.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by faeriesmak2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a terrible foundation for anyone who has ANY fine lines..especially around the eyes. it gathers in my fine lines under my eyes and then it sets. I can't smooth it out or fix it AT ALL. It ends up making my under eye area look much more wrinkled than it is. It also feels heavy on my face. All 3 times i have tried it I have needed to wash it off within an hour. Yuck.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I was pretty impressed with this overall. Good coverage and easy to blend, and with primer + setting spray (which I use for all foundations), lasts all day without becoming an oil slick on my face. I like the consistency as well, which is thick and creamy, but not greasy. Dries quite fast, so I tend to use it on sections of my face at a time. The edges don't look weird when I blend it all together, either.

My only complaint is the packaging--super huge and heavy for no reason, and not hygienic at all. I have to dip my fingers in it multiple times due to the fast-drying issue, so I feel like I'm putting bacteria in every time.

Great foundation overall, especially if you've got oily skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by breadprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have incredibly oily skin in the summer that turns into combination skin in the winter, and the regular ColorStay liquid for oily/combo skin was starting to look cakey on my skin this winter and dry it out to the point where it was cracking, so I decided to give this a try. It's one of the best drugstore foundations I've ever used. The finish isn't super matte or super dewey, it kind of lands somewhere in the middle and mimics the finish of natural skin. A little bit goes a very long way, one layer will usually give me the appropriate amount of coverage and disguise my acne, with a second layer in some of the redder spots. My skin is sensitive and acne-prone and this hasn't irritated it or broken it out. It also doesn't oxidize and turn orange over time, which is great. The packaging is awesome and looks/feels more high-end than drugstore. I will definitely be repurchasing, though at this rate it will take me a long time because so little product is needed to get a medium-full coverage look. Also, it doesn't seem to have the weird perfumey smell that its liquid counterpart has. The texture is very creamy and easy to apply and blend, and it doesn't settle into my (huge) pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by neveralways142

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is currently my favorite foundation, but to be honest my foundation changes very often as I'm always on the lookout for even better ones! I'm loving this for now though! It's a bit pricey for a drugstore foundation, but it's still well below high-end prices, and its the only drugstore foundation I'm willing to pay this much for. I'm usually a fan of liquids, but tried this on a whim when it first came out, and I was amazed by how well it worked for me. The shades in this cream foundation match my skin so much better than the normal Revlon Colorstay Liquid, which I'm not a huge fan of, despite the many people who swear by it. Sand Beige matches my summer skin well, while Buff matches my pale winter skin. This foundation blends into skin amazingly, and I'd say the finish itself is very skin like. It has medium buildable coverage, not as much as the Colorstay liquid, but I find it a much nicer foundation. I still have to use concealer, but that's normal for me with any foundation because of my acne issues, scarring, dark circles, etc. This foundation looks very natural on when i apply with a stippling brush, and photographs well also. It can also be applied and carefully blended with fingers when I want heavier coverage. I'll probably be using this for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by yechanhohyun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love this foundation, and I'd love it even more if it didn't break me out. It's nice and smooth and has very good coverage. I have super oily skin, and it keeps me matte much longer than any other foundation I've used, and that's the thing I love most about it. However, it really breaks me out. I tried to ignore it at first since I love it so much, but I had to give my skin a break. I would use it everyday if it didn't break me out. That's the only reason why I wouldn't repurchase it. If you don't have sensitive or acne-prone skin, I'd really recommend it, especially if you have problems with getting oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First things first: I'm a clod and used this even though I KNEW it would break me out. I was hoping my new derm regimen would keep my skin clear, but I was being naive. See my notepad for more details if you want. So, the following review is based on the merits of the foundation alone, ignoring the fact that it broke me out, as some people just aren't sensitive to dimethicone like I am.

The coverage for this is excellent. Starts medium but can be built to full. I was impressed that it kept my oily t-zone relatively matte for most of the day and while it doesn't look good over dry patches (nothing does), it smoothed them out much better than other foundations I've tried. I liked the consistency quite a bit and it spread smoothly. In my experience, using my fingers was the best way to achieve a flawless look, though I would occasionally go over spots with a stippling brush just to be sure. It doesn't feel like you have makeup on, even if you build it up to full coverage. Photographs beautifully. Finally, the lasting power is insane. Without a primer (I don't use one), I got 10 or so hours. Not bad! Now, for the cons. The jar, obviously, can be unhygienic, even if you wash your hands. Not a huge fan of that. The color selection is impressive for a DS line, but I ended up settling on a shade that was a touch too warm and too dark (Sand Beige) because the others were far too light. I have a difficult skintone to match though, so you may be luckier than me. Because it is a bit thicker, you have to be very conscientious about removing it, which may turn off people who like a simple and quick skin routine. It also transferred easily, even when buffed with a setting powder. However, the pros for me outweighed the cons and I think this is a terrific foundation for combo skins. Were it not for the dimethicone, I would happily continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Sarah0608

This is the best foundation I have ever bought. I have tried everything from cheap drug store foundations to expensive high end foundations and have never found one that I really loved enough to keep buying over and over until I found this one. I like a full coverage/matte look to my face, but have a hard time obtaining that look since I tend to be oily in my T zone and most foundations start looking very shiny on me half way through my day. This foundation lasts ALL day for me!! My makeup looks just as fresh at the end of the day as it looked when I first applied it in the morning.

** I think it looks best when applied with your fingers.