April 21, 2014 | 1484 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by xochristyxo

I liked this product when I first applied it and thought I'd really love it since I love the original color stay foundation. Anyways after a short while I was very shiny and oily and I have combo skin and the dry areas were a bit patchy. I didn't Like this foundation for my skin and would prefer the liquid colorstay or photo ready over this!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by sawyer01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great foundation, however breaks out skin ALOT. and gives it an oily texture finish.
It makes the face look cake-y in a way.
I will continue to use it till its finished because its o-kaaayy, but wont purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

It took a few tries to get it right...(Thank GOD for Walgreen's return policy on makeup that doesn't work)...

Rich Ginger - WAY TOO PINK!!! (I mixed it with warm yellow iron oxides from my mineral foundation making kit and made it work beautifully, but who has the time to do that every day?)

Caramel - WAY TOO DARK!!! (and too red, but now works beautifully for contouring because it blends right into the identical formula of the lighter shade that works...)

I finally discovered TOAST (thanks to another MUAer's review and only sold on Target's website EXCLUSIVELY - which is some BS...) - and VOILA! Almost PERFECT (a tiny tad dark and STILL too red, but a LOT more yellow than Rich Ginger and with yellow added becomes slightly lighter and almost perfect...).

For coloring, I am a very yellow, warm, slightly olive nc42/43. I am literally about exactly Halle Berry's color with slightly more gold/yellow undertone (and NO, she does NOT wear Caramel - that was just Revlon's attempt to pretend they had a shade range that would work for a variety of ethnic women... Caramel is for a true light/medium brown skin girl with very red undertones).

The truth: This foundation does NOT work unless you are only about a few shades darker than Halle Berry or lighter. Except for Toast and some of the pale shades, it will not work for us yellow girls at ALL unless you are willing to get creative and do some mixing (Temptu silicone based mixing primary colors or iron oxides to remove red/pink or add yellow)! I personally think the formula is worth the extra work, but I am also a makeup girl. Not everyone will have the time, skill, or energy to work that hard... For this reason, Revlon needs to do MUCH better with shade range - both in undertones and depth (ethnic range).

Now, for the actual foundation... Background: I have been wearing mineral foundation for YEARS - every conceivable worthwhile brand, even making my own. But, lately, I've noticed that my skin is changing and it doesn't look as good when I want to be super polished and look airbrushed. Enters Revlon in my months long quest for a cream foundation that worked for full, natural looking coverage, for oily skin with surface dehydration and that would not break me out...

This foundation looks airbrushed and AMAZING (when you have have the correct shade -NOTE: if you look gray or ashy, you do NOT and it is probably too light for you...)! I am a performer and I can do a show in this and look gorgeous after sweating buckets or wear it all day while running errands, working and rehearsals!

It fills in pores and super fine lines (I have very few, but I have slanted, large almond shaped eyes, so I've had light smile lines my entire life). It blends like a dream, does not require powder at all (and I am oily), can be built to a NATURAL looking full coverage if you know what you're doing AND doesn't look flat and matte (which is an unnatural, un-skin-like finish, even on an 18 year old).

Now that I have found the shade TOAST (about the same depth as Rich Ginger but much more yellow, I think this will be my foundation of choice outside of my minerals for years to come...

Maybe they should add this color and a few more yellow/warm options for tan to brown girls EVERYWHERE! Only being able to buy this shade at one store and only having one yellow deep shade that is still not nearly yellow enough is ridiculous!

Besides obvious stated issues (which I hope Revlon is reading), this is my HG Cream Foundation...for now...;)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Corrinne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I think the foundation is good if you have oilier skin. I do not and it was very drying. It has great staying power and it does melt into the skin and looks fabulous--until the dry/flaky patches start appearing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

I am obsessed with this foundation. I have always loved the original Colorstay so I wanted to give this a try and I love it. I can put this on in the morning and not have to worry about my makeup once throughout the day. It keeps my complexion looking perfect and flawless all day long.

The key with this foundation however is to make sure that you have properly moisturized your skin before putting this on. I have oily skin but if my skin is not well moisturized this foundation dries out my skin a bit and creates dry patches in areas like my chin or nose. If you have found this foundation drying in the past, try it again with more moisturizer underneath!! It completely changed the product for me.

For reference I am in the shade 150 Buff for both Colorstay foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by marianberry123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm currently using this in Warm Golden 320 and love this foundation! Before I tried this I had never tried the Colorstay series so I can't compare it to the other one, but as far as the staying power of this foundation, it's amazing. I put it on in the morning at 6:30am and by the time I get home at 7pm it looks basically the same as it did when I first put it on. It does accentuate dry patches if you have any of those, but I usually scrub and moisturize every night and have combination skin leaning more towards the oily side, so luckily I don't need to worry about that. The only downside is the packaging. After 2 weeks into my first jar the threads around the plastic lid on the inside broke and I couldn't close my jar all the way. I still keep the plastic cover that came underneath the lid on, and it seems fine and hasn't dried out or changed consistency. The glass jar is a little bulky and makes it hard to travel with, as well as hard to see the color when you're picking it out in the store. Other than the packaging issues I really can't complain. This has definitely become my HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by xjanerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this stuff better than the regular Revlon CS for oily skin. It blends so much better and lasts all day. I am NC35 and I use warm golden, but it is just a tad bit too light. I apply it with fingers and it works perfectly, or sometimes I just dip my beauty blender in it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by cccchloe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I prefer the original Colorstay to this a million times over. This feels like I'm spreading clay mixed with chalk all over my face, even though I tried to use a very tiny amount. And yes, the colors are also lighter than the original. The liquid Colorstay can be sheered out with a Beauty Blender or built up to full coverage and is much less siliconey feeling. I just did not care for this stuff. It also leaves a very dry look to the skin, like the skin is dehydrated, thirsty and dead, whereas the original liquid just has a regular soft matte look. I would only wear this again if I had absolutely nothing else to use, which is probably not going to happen. It's a pass for me. If you want a fabulous long lasting full coverage foundation with an amazing shade range, try Estee Lauder Double Wear. Nothing beats it. Or else the regular Colorstay can be almost as good if you can find a suitable shade for your skin tone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by AsylumAddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Cream makeup is suppose to be more hydrating and better for dry skin. Nope. This foundation exaggerated every dry patch I had. It's very very heavy, and feels almost like wet chalk when you dry and take it off. However, the staying power is amazing, as I'm still trying to scrub this stuff off two days later. If you don't have dry skin and don't mind a heavier makeup, I'm sure this would be great for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by ValBar92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

basically any type of foundation i wear on my acne prone skin tends to get oily and begins to just slip off and makes my face look like a joke. i just bought this a day ago and i can say I'm very pleased with how well it went on and covered!!! it also lasted on my skin until i was ready to wash it off! now thats a FIRST! the packaging is >alright< but it is a bit on the small size for the price. i do like that its a tub because i get to dip my concealer brush in there to get the right amount without making a mess or wasting product. [this isn't for you if you don't clean your brushes daily..] if I'm still pleased with this product by the time i finish it, i will repurchase [: