Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 3/10/2013 2:09:00 PM

Very pleased with this product! I have oily, combination skin and this really controls my oily skin. I previously used the original colorstay liquid formula for oily/combo skin until they changed it!! It wasn't the same! So decided to try this out. It goes on really smoothly, med to full coverage and i top it off with a dusting of Covergirl professional powder ....excellent matte finish all day long!! which is quite a feat for my oily skin! I use the sand beige shade which is perfect for my complexion...typically nc 25 in MAC...in the summer i may go to nude as i get a bit more color, but otherwise is this as perfect as you can get in a long lasting foundation....even BETTER than Estee Lauder Double wear or the MAC studio fix foundations and a fraction of the price...also you can find on sale or 30% off from time to time which is when i stock up!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I would start this product out with a rating of 5 stars upon first application, however, as it wears on there are two issues I have found to arise: 1) It leaves a slightly greyish cast to my face. Nothing horrible but enough to cause me to find a different foundation. I saw the grey cast with both warm and cool shades also so it wasn't simply me using the wrong tone and washing myself out. 2) With continued use, it really dries the skin out. As someone with combination skin, I really loved the oil control at first but after a week of constant wear it makes my skin so dry that it's uncomfortable and you can see the makeup caking despite tons of moisturizer.

All in all, I'll keep this around as a cheap alternative to my higher end makeup but it's definitely not something I will go back to using daily.

on 3/9/2013 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really am starting to love this foundation! Prior to colorstay whipped I had used the original colorstay and I had used it for a couple of years until I felt like it wasn't doing it for me anymore. I'd always have to mix two shades and at the end of a school day my face looked too oily so I thought I would try something else. So I picked up colorstay whipped! I have a light/medium skin tone with yellow undertones (half Asian) and found that warm golden matches pretty well even though the actual foundation looks darker than my skin. I find that using a damp stipple brush works fairly well (better than my fingers). I stipple it on then blend it out. A little goes a long way and I can tell my complexion looks way more even. It doesn't do a great job of covering my dark circles but that's okay. It sort of feels buttery and moist even after setting with powder and I'm afraid it will rub off on my boyfriend during cuddle sessions :) but at the end of a 10 hour day with it on it looked great if not better! It stayed on way better than the original colorstay ever did and had still covered up my redness and large pores! If you're like me who doesn't want to spend a ton of money on high-end makeup but wants a good medium-heavy coverage foundation, this is for you! I even feel like my skin without makeup looks better now from using the whipped version... Maybe the original colorstay was too heavy for me.

I had got a couple pimples in the time I started to use it but I think it was from school and finals stress not from the actual makeup.

Buy this product!!!

on 3/7/2013 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Naahhh...I wanted to like this based on all the youtube hype, but I found it made my oily skin feel like I applied a stick of butter to it. It's true that a little goes a long way- I applied a very small amount and after blending found it felt extremely heavy and I felt almost like my skin was suffocating. I checked the ingredient list, and dimethicone was the FIRST one listed. It's been said that the 'cones form a barrier on top of the skin (like sealing it with plastic wrap) essentially trapping the oil in the skin (which can lead to breakouts, blackheads, etc.) I prefer a foundation that lets my skin "breathe", and allows the oil come to the surface to be absorbed, rather than trapped inside. Also, the plastic scent was so strong that I could not tolerate it.

on 3/7/2013 10:29:00 AM

This product has really impressed me with its performance. It gives such a lovely finish to my skin, lasts for hours, and is so easy to apply and work with. Plus it looks amazing, I'm truly wowed by how good it looks.

It's a thick cream formula, which is housed in a heavy based clear glass screw top jar with a black lid. It's consistency is almost like a gel/cream hybrid, it's thick and scoopable, maintains a dip where the product is removed from the jar, but it's not heavy on the skin in the slightest. You really do only need a small amount to begin with, and coverage is truly buildable, ranging from light/medium through to full cover. I usually start by dotting on a small amount and blending out, it has a good amount of slip on the skin and is a dream to blend, so a small amount will cover a decent area consistently and uniformly. The best part is I can build up coverage on areas which may need a little extra, and it doesn't look at all cakey or heavy, it really blends into and on top of itself so seamlessly. There's no rush to blend it, and adding more doesn't upset any product that is underneath it, it just amps up the coverage as needed. I find too the more I work it on the skin, gently buffing it into each area, the nicer and more flawless the coverage and finish is.

In comparison to other long wear foundations, it really does have a great amount of working time on the skin, pretty much like any other regular liquid foundation, so you don't necessarily have to work fast or section by section, you can dot onto the whole face and blend it all at once, then go back and apply more to areas which need it without worrying that it will ruin the finish. Or you can work section by section to discern which areas need more or less coverage if you want to. I usually apply it directly to my face with my fingers, blend out using fingers and adding more where needed, then finish off with a stipple brush to give it a nice airbrushed flawless finish. It has a slightly wetter look and feel during application, but that diminishes soon after once it starts to dry down and set.

The finish on this is so nice on my skin, it's incredibly kind to fine lines, blemishes, pores or other skin inconsistencies, it just glides over and doesn't accentuate them, in fact it almost sort of blurs them somewhat. It leaves a gorgeous glowing satin finish once it has dried down, like glowing healthy skin. Having said that, it's not shiny or shimmery though, just a radiant and flawless semi matte satin. I usually add two or three drops of MAC Lustre Drops to my liquid foundations, but I find I can skip them entirely with this. It's also exceptionally lightweight and doesn't feel tight or cakey or heavy at all. I find I can also skip the setting powder too if I want to, it doesn't really need it and performs just as well without it, however it doesn't look bad if I do want to powder it.

Longevity on this is on par with the Colorstay liquid, however I think the finish is a heck of a lot nicer than the liquid version, even as the day progresses, you still look radiant.

I'm not mad keen on the smell, it's quite strong initially, like a sort of curdled plastic chemical smell, but it dissipates after a short while. The jar packaging allows you to see the product inside, but because of the way the light refracts it's hard to see the remaining level from the outside, plus it's hard to see an accurate representation of the shade from outside the jar. If you're worried about the jar style container and introducing bacteria, a small cosmetic spatula may be worth using to remove the product.

I use this with a wet sponge and it works beautifully! I have flawless skin when I take the time to get it right. I also got a good color match and that's saying something because I'm very pale, which means I'm always the very lightest shade in every range of foundation.

on 3/6/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am not a fan of Revlon foundations on my best days. I really wanted to like this new one because of all the YouTube reviews and stuff. First off, I don't care for the packing. Its bulky and all glass. I also dont like this much because it settles in fine lines, even sheered down with fix +. I tried this product with my fingers, a stippling brush and flat top kabuki. I still didn't care for it. It's super flat looking too. sighs. If you have oily skin, this would actually be great. I have Combo dry though!

on 3/5/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Unfortunately, this broke me out. I really liked the coverage, color and finish, though.

on 3/5/2013 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I really like this, it gives me a much softer, dewier, airbrushed look compared to regular colorstay. I will buy again as soon as I've used up the rest of my foundations!

on 3/3/2013 10:38:00 PM

This is currently my foundation that I use every day and I am now on my second tub of it (due to the change in seasons and my skin tone). In the past I had used the original ColorStay liquid foundation, and ended up not being such a huge fan because it broke me out, so I was reluctant to try this one. But because of the good reviews, I decided to take a leap of faith. And I'm glad I did, because this has been my favorite drug store foundation so far. And it does not break me out. Is it my HG? No. But its pretty darn close. The foundation comes in a glass tub which is rather heavy, but thats okay because thats better than feeling cheap. The foundation itself is THICK. Like you can turn this tub upside down and shake it and this stuff will not budge. Its a bit on the expensive side for a drugstore foundation (I think I payed around $13?) but in my opinion, its worth it. I have a lot of red, blotchy, pigmentation on my face, and this foundation covers it completely, no questions asked. The ONLY problem I have with this product, and that I've had with many others, is the fact that it tends to make my already dry and flaky nose look worse. It doesn't feel very moisturizing around my dry areas, but I'll toss that up to the cold winter months. All in all, this foundation sits well on my skin, doesnt break me out, has full coverage, and lasts all day. And thats all great in my book.