December 19, 2014 | 831 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 6:39:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use the monistat shafing gel everyday and I am satisfied. I also bought the Smashbox one last year and was very disappointed so my experience with primer is not a constant one.
I got studio secrets as a sample and used it three mornings in a row. I love it! First of all it does not have that greasy texture that other primer have, and it's easy to apply. I used it on my T-zone only. It made my makeup stay put for hours. Usually by the time I get to work I have to retouch everything.
I will certainly buy it after I run out of shafing gel (which is discontinued anyway)
It's a good alternative to higher end products which are not necessarily better. I recommand it.

**EDIT: I have noticed that if you use very little as some users say in this review, it tends to not work very well. You don't have to use half the jar, but you do need a little more than a trace of product. Anyway I do....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by breebree89

I love this product, it makes my pores less noticible. It lasts for a good amount of time. You only need a little bit, I put on a regular primer and then add this where I need it, which is for my pores. I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love Love Love this. HG product. So good I can't even describe it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by jgunnufson

Works perfectly. Great price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by MelissaH35

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this primer, evens out great and make up stays on alllll day!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by lissette0221

I LOVE this primer! It evens out my skin and creates a beautiful and flawless foundation for the rest of my makeup. Definitely helps everything stay in place throughout the day!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by twistupgal

Overall I like this product because I think it's been improving my skin. At first I thought it was breaking me out, but I think that may have been linked to a new foundation I tried out around the same time. I've noticed that if I have a spot and then apply this, it seems to dry the spot out. I don't know if it really keeps my face makeup in place any longer, but I would say that it helps with my eyeliner. I've been using this for about a month and I'd say I'm maybe a third of the way through the jar. I think for the amount you get and how nice it makes the texture of your skin feel it's totally worth it for the price. I don't mind the jar, I just make sure my hands are clean :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by inmyopinion

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great for toning down shine in the T zone - yes you can still have a T zone into your 50s and 60s if you have rosacea!

Perfect for winter, when skin is only moderately oily.

Hint: if you have a huge crater of a pore which is a scar, take a toothpick and dab (not jab!) it into the depths of the crater and apply more until you get a closure of the gap. You can also mix it with a foundation which is EXACTLY your skin color, about a 1:1 ratio to get what is equivalent to an artificial skin skin transplant. When you find a proportion that works for you, you can put it into a tiny screw top container so you don't have to mix it up each time.

Look forward to hearing if this works for anyone else.

Lasts well, but not necessarily all day- the only reason it is not 5 stars.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by stauffer3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am 54 and an old looking 54 at that. Due to a combination of bad genes and neglect, when I turned fifty I found myself looking in the mirror at a woman who looked 60. Last summer bought the book about skin types and discovered that I was the worst skin type for aging--the same as Katherine Hepburn. Well, I followed the directions in "my chapter" and things were improving. I still felt that I did not apply foundation very well. Then I stunbled onto this L'Oreal primer in Walmart.
This stuff is absolutely wonderful. I have big pores. Some are so large that they cast their own shadows. From day one there was an immediate improvement in the look of my pores. I don't bother with foundation any more. I wear the Secret #1 primer with a light dusting Physician's folrmula mineral makeup. Family that came for Thanksgiving wanted to know what I was doing with my skin and that was when I was dead tired fom cooking and working and fixing up a rental house.
I love the little glass jar (short fingernails) and it lasted for 2 months. So, I think it is cheap.
In the morning I put on my Skin Effects Brightener and let it set for a minute or two, then the Olay Total Effects and let it set. Then the primer and let is set and then concealer and powder. Then I finish up with eye makeup. I have never been complemented on my skin until I started using this primer. I'd crawl across nails to get this if I had to.
By the way two months of the Skin Effects Brightener has faded 90% of the melasma I've hade for 30 years since the brith of my son and some age spots.. Now I just need to find a decent concealer.

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Ritagal09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a great product! It keeps my oil at bay! The best face primer I've tried so far. I like it's odd texture; it isn't oily nor is it dry...the perfect medium. I will def repurchase this product.