January 29, 2015 | 2020 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by xoxRoyalxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

So amazing! It makes my face so smooth and silky. Can barely feel it. It's not expensive at all, but it isn't much. However, I don't need to use a lot. Like, a few dabs is fine for my whole face. It looks really natural, and is NOT chunky OR cakey. I have found my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Fills in pores/light wrinkles well. Silky smooth (but not oily) texture. This is a bit less oily than Clarins' version of this. Very inexpensive compared to Clarins' version. I think this even helps my HG foundation (Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer) last longer. Keeps me more matte, but not dried up at all. Most things that make my makeup last longer or mattify my skin at all cause me to look crepey/dry/wrinkled. This does not dry me up or cause me to look more wrinkled. It doesn't break me out like other primers have.

CONS: Some won't like that it comes in a jar that can be contaminated with fingers. I guess it would be even better if the color wasn't so cool-toned and was more neutral (I'm NC10-15.) But I never see it as pink once I apply it to my skin.

APPLICATION TIPS: Wait about at least a minute before applying foundation so it has time to set. For eyes, I prefer an eye cream instead. I like to pat this into the biggest pores and then smooth the extra around to smooth everything out. Except for my pores, I use this minimally.

REMOVAL TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser. I do.

ALTERNATES: You can pay a lot more for something similar that will leave you slightly oily: Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch. AND Mally Beauty makes "Perfect Prep Poreless Primer," (the pink one, not the clear one) is very similar to this. It makes me even more "matte" and makes my makeup last even longer. (But it breaks me out every time I try it, and this one by L'oreal does not.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by snochic469

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOL! If the reviewer below me runs out of this in a few weeks, it's no wonder she gave it such a low review! She's using WAY too much! I'm surprised her makeup doesn't slide right off! =) This primer is wonderful! I am very impressed with this. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and this helps fill in pores, reduces redness, and makes my makeup go on easily. I have a hard time with primers because they usually break me out or make my skin even more oily than it already is. This definitely reduced the number of times I needed to blot throughout the day, so that way nice. For the first time after using a primer, I actually NOTICED a difference right away. My makeup looked visibly better, It comes in a glass jar, which looks nice, although I would prefer something more hygienic. Oh well. It makes it easy to see how much you have left, and it's easy to use only what you need. I've used Smashbox Photofinish, which broke me out horribly, and a few samples from Sephora, which did the same. This stuff didn't at all, so I'm completely thrilled. If you haven't had luck with primers in the past, give this one a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wouldn't recommend this, you get such a tiny amount that if you were to use it every day you would run out within a few weeks. It's in a pot instead of a bottle like most primers, and it's annoying to apply if your nails are on the longer side. Germs can sit in the pot as well, since you're putting your finger in there, and I find the formula to be dry and hard to apply evenly, possibly even a bit chunky. It doesn't do anything to combat oil or help my foundation go on evenly. I would rather use no primer instead of this one. Wouldn't recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 6:39:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use the monistat shafing gel everyday and I am satisfied. I also bought the Smashbox one last year and was very disappointed so my experience with primer is not a constant one.
I got studio secrets as a sample and used it three mornings in a row. I love it! First of all it does not have that greasy texture that other primer have, and it's easy to apply. I used it on my T-zone only. It made my makeup stay put for hours. Usually by the time I get to work I have to retouch everything.
I will certainly buy it after I run out of shafing gel (which is discontinued anyway)
It's a good alternative to higher end products which are not necessarily better. I recommand it.

**EDIT: I have noticed that if you use very little as some users say in this review, it tends to not work very well. You don't have to use half the jar, but you do need a little more than a trace of product. Anyway I do....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by breebree89

I love this product, it makes my pores less noticible. It lasts for a good amount of time. You only need a little bit, I put on a regular primer and then add this where I need it, which is for my pores. I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love Love Love this. HG product. So good I can't even describe it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by jgunnufson

Works perfectly. Great price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by MelissaH35

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this primer, evens out great and make up stays on alllll day!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by lissette0221

I LOVE this primer! It evens out my skin and creates a beautiful and flawless foundation for the rest of my makeup. Definitely helps everything stay in place throughout the day!