April 20, 2014 | 1677 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by psforever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Basically, this product is really good for people with oily skin. It glides on smoothly, mattifies the skin, and fills in any lines you may have. You need to use the smallest amount. I got this as a sample in a magazine before I bought the full size and the small sample lasted me two tries. I tried it out 2 days in a row, both for parties, and it definitely made a difference in how long my makeup lasted and the oiliness of my skin. It definitely kept it nice looking for about 4-5 hours which I think is reasonable for any primer.

I have sensitive, oily skin and this did not break me out. I'm not sure what might be breaking people out but I think everyone has different skin that may react to things differently. As for the packaging being a sanitary issue, I think the best thing to do is make sure you wash your hands before dipping your finger in to the jar and putting the product on your face. Then again, that goes for everything you put on your face. Perhaps use a brush if you are having issues with the sanitary aspect of it. I am actually surprised at how well this works because I did not have high hopes for it.

UPDATE: I feel that this does break me out a little bit.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't think this product works well for dry skin at all (which I have). It's difficult to spread and it's not the type of base/primer that I prefer to use at all, I like liquidy products like monistat gel, gosh velvet touch primer, elf mineral primer, smashbox etc etc, the consistency of this is totally different. I don't like how it's tiny and you have to dig your finger in and for the price for the size that you get, you can buy a high-end primer. Not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by sleepydean

Love this stuff! I have a bunch of coupons for it, so I've already bought a back-up to have on hand. I feel confident going out of the house with just this on my face. It is a must for me everyday now. I have tried other primers and Avon's Magix perfector, but they don't hold a candle to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by cheer6

This is the first primer I have tried, but I really like it. I can notice a difference between when I wear this and when I don't. I have combination skin and it keeps the shine to a minimum.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Belle1113

I love this stuff! The texture is really light, and it makes my face super soft when I put it on. It's also amazing at filling in the pores around my nose. I definitely noticed a difference in my makeup when I used this stuff - my face looked flawless and really bright. I've even been wearing just the primer, with no foundation, and it still makes my face look good.

And I actually don't mind that it comes in a pot - it's easier for me to dig out just the exact amount I need rather than having to squeeze it out and risk wasting some of it. I will definitely be buying this again when it runs out, which could be a long time because a little bit goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by miszxlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off my skin; it's usually dry in the morning but somehow my makeup oils up my face by the end of the day and it's just too oily that even I get lazy to use blot sheets and refresh with powder. I'm in school long hours in a day, so by the end of the night... I really do not want to refresh! Anyways, I wanted to try a primer that could possibly mattify my face and cause less oils. I saw a few reviews on this and decided hey... why not. So it was a splurge to try and it was by far a GREAT purchase for me. This stuff feels thick but it goes on my face really light. I would prefer this in a bottle with a pump but I guess the jar works as the product is great! There are no shimmers (as opposed to the MAC primer that I have and dislikes)... overall it helps absorbs access oils and I find that my face is oil-less by the end of an 8 hr day! So it holds for me quite well. I'd repurchase most deff. The product is expensive for a drug store product (12-14 bucks) but I've been waiting for sales or printing off coupons (ULTA) to purchase this! (:

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by aeg123

I've tried quite a few primers but i really like this one. the texture is so smooth like mousse! it really helped to even out my skin and keep my foundation in place.If you've never tried a primer before try this one!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by myrubyslippers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this Primer because of the price,I usually use GOSH or MAC Primer.
I really did not like this product, I agree with the previous review about it probably being more suited to people with oily skin as it does nothing for my dry skin in fact It made it feel dryer. I found it did not really do a whole lot and have had much better results with other primers.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Kisses1965

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ran across this product by accident. I came to this website to see what people were saying about it. After reading the reviews I bought the product. The first time I used it I just wasn't sure what difference it made. The second time I was a little more aggressive in the amount I used. Several people noticed a difference in my look right away and I received a number of compliments.
It didn't totally cover some of the deeper lines I have, but hey they are going to be there no matter what I do. I love it and will continue to buy it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

Unfortunately this product didn't work out for me. I had high hopes. I love the concept but the execution leaves much to be desired. The consistency is unlike any other primer I've seen. It's very interesting. It has a thick, whipped feeling to it and it also feels heavy on the skin. Heavy, yet not greasy. It does fill in large pores and it leave the skin with a silky smooth finish. The reason I can't give this a higher rating is because it breaks me out. I think it's the silica. My skin just doesn't like this stuff no matter how small of an amount I apply. I get really horrible cyst-like pimples. Not cute. I can't recommend based on my experience, but I hope it works out for others. I wish it had a squeeze tube instead of a pot and it's a bit over priced.

Edit: Works great as an eye primer or under the eyes to help keep concealer from creasing.