November 24, 2014 | 1880 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by MelissaH35

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this primer, evens out great and make up stays on alllll day!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by lissette0221

I LOVE this primer! It evens out my skin and creates a beautiful and flawless foundation for the rest of my makeup. Definitely helps everything stay in place throughout the day!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by twistupgal

Overall I like this product because I think it's been improving my skin. At first I thought it was breaking me out, but I think that may have been linked to a new foundation I tried out around the same time. I've noticed that if I have a spot and then apply this, it seems to dry the spot out. I don't know if it really keeps my face makeup in place any longer, but I would say that it helps with my eyeliner. I've been using this for about a month and I'd say I'm maybe a third of the way through the jar. I think for the amount you get and how nice it makes the texture of your skin feel it's totally worth it for the price. I don't mind the jar, I just make sure my hands are clean :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by inmyopinion

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great for toning down shine in the T zone - yes you can still have a T zone into your 50s and 60s if you have rosacea!

Perfect for winter, when skin is only moderately oily.

Hint: if you have a huge crater of a pore which is a scar, take a toothpick and dab (not jab!) it into the depths of the crater and apply more until you get a closure of the gap. You can also mix it with a foundation which is EXACTLY your skin color, about a 1:1 ratio to get what is equivalent to an artificial skin skin transplant. When you find a proportion that works for you, you can put it into a tiny screw top container so you don't have to mix it up each time.

Look forward to hearing if this works for anyone else.

Lasts well, but not necessarily all day- the only reason it is not 5 stars.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by stauffer3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am 54 and an old looking 54 at that. Due to a combination of bad genes and neglect, when I turned fifty I found myself looking in the mirror at a woman who looked 60. Last summer bought the book about skin types and discovered that I was the worst skin type for aging--the same as Katherine Hepburn. Well, I followed the directions in "my chapter" and things were improving. I still felt that I did not apply foundation very well. Then I stunbled onto this L'Oreal primer in Walmart.
This stuff is absolutely wonderful. I have big pores. Some are so large that they cast their own shadows. From day one there was an immediate improvement in the look of my pores. I don't bother with foundation any more. I wear the Secret #1 primer with a light dusting Physician's folrmula mineral makeup. Family that came for Thanksgiving wanted to know what I was doing with my skin and that was when I was dead tired fom cooking and working and fixing up a rental house.
I love the little glass jar (short fingernails) and it lasted for 2 months. So, I think it is cheap.
In the morning I put on my Skin Effects Brightener and let it set for a minute or two, then the Olay Total Effects and let it set. Then the primer and let is set and then concealer and powder. Then I finish up with eye makeup. I have never been complemented on my skin until I started using this primer. I'd crawl across nails to get this if I had to.
By the way two months of the Skin Effects Brightener has faded 90% of the melasma I've hade for 30 years since the brith of my son and some age spots.. Now I just need to find a decent concealer.

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Ritagal09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a great product! It keeps my oil at bay! The best face primer I've tried so far. I like it's odd texture; it isn't oily nor is it dry...the perfect medium. I will def repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by chelsia

Can't believe I waited so long to try this stuff! It does exactly what it says & it helps me with my oily skin which is an added bonus! I love that I can wear this with or without makeup (sometimes I usually wear without makeup because it's just that great!) goes on so easily & even though the jar is so tiny, it does go a longgggg way! Good product for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by allyson399

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not really a fan of this. I usually get an oily t-zone and so I've been trying to find a primer to help my makeup stay on better and help with my pores. Anyway, this was fine I guess. I liked it better without putting anything on over it - just to even out my skin texture. Anyway I feel like this made my makeup more slippery on my skin and made me look more made-up. Also it was kind of expensive for a tiny pot of a drugstore brand product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 7:56:00 AM More reviews by chvelarde

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product last night and applied this morning and holy velvety smoothness, Batman! I think the container is a little too small and it's hard to scoop out the product (would have rather had a tube). A little product goes a long way. I like the texture of the product. I use this with L'Oreal True Match makeup and I love the finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

1. Definitly don't like the packaging. I prefer a pump, the pot is hard to get my finger in and the product always ends up under my nail, and I always get too much.

2. This doesn't work as a makeup primer. It doesn't make my makeup last longer or look better.

3. However, this works well on it's own without putting on any makeup over it. It makes my skin look smoother and my pores look smaller. It takes care of shine to an extent.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again, and I wouldn't recommend it as a makeup primer.