L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

on 1/11/2011 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Left pasty mess on face (and I'm very pale already). I used very little, but it just clung to any dry patches (and I have very oily skin). Then my makeup (MAC Pro Longwear) just adhered to the patches for a big mess. I'll stick with Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel or Shiseido Matifying Veil.

on 1/10/2011 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I had a sample and thought it was pretty thick,but I thought maybe the sample was defective. I went to the drugstore and sampled several brands but in the end decided to buy this and give it a try. I use it around my eyes and upper lip to soften the lines. So far I'm happy with it. The other products were a lot more money and had a lot of water in them so took some time to dry. If it works for you I think the price is great.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is not worth the price. It is thick and difficult to apply. I didn't notice my make up lasting longer, and I also didn't notice that it "perfected" my skin at all.

on 1/8/2011 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i love this product 7 out of 10 times. it's great and all, but this makes my skin turn oily. you read some reviews that say "it made my skin really oily after a few hours" and i didn't really care about that because after all, we are totally different people! but i bought this after adoring the sample in a magazine, and i tried it and IF i wear foundation, it definitely makes my skin oily, but if im feeling great that day & i wear it, it's a pure dream.
the consistency is amazing, you hardly need any product (definitely justifies the 13$ i spent on it), im not a germ-a-phob so the pot doesn't bother me one bit, and it really does work.

on 1/8/2011 10:31:00 PM

I've been pleased with this so far. I really do think that it helps to smooth the skin and minimize pores (I have dry skin but large pores on my nose and cheeks). Helps concealer to go on smoother as well. The consistency is great for dry skin because it's nice and creamy. It's thick, but for me not at all in a bad way.

I've only had to use powder over top of this because it smooths my skin out so well that I haven't needed foundation, and I haven't had to retouch at all any of the times that i've used it.

FWIW I have several of the travel size tubes of Smashbox primer that I was using until I got this (got them free in various kits, but they retail for around $15) and they last forever. Paying $10-12 for this pot of Loreal primer is awesome. Especially considering that it's much easier to get (at the drugstore), plus Loreal is always on sale and there are always coupons.

I also do not mind the packaging. When the level gets too low i'll probably just get some out with a foundation brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Broke me out. I liked the satin finish I got, however, not the dispense technique, it's in a pot. Make up did not seem to last that much longer and I really think it clogged pores and I am religious with my face washing routine in evenings! Too bad .

on 1/7/2011 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was really excited to try this product after seeing in a magazine. It was nothing special.

The pot really annoyed me because it was hard to use your finger to get product with long finger nails. I then started using a spatula. It created a nice base, however did not wear as well as I though it would.

Too bad...

on 1/7/2011 10:12:00 AM

Okay so i was looking for a good primer to try out and i found this cute little pot so i decided to try it out since L'Oreal is usually good quality. However, i am very disappointed with this product. It's expensive to say how small the jar is and trust me it doesn't last long. Now the actual product is a very nice looking pinky moose like substance, it doesn't really smell and it glides onto your skin invisibly and makes your skin extremely soft. I loved it for putting it on and makeup goes on very easy over the top, however i have to say i noticed no difference what so ever than from not using it. I tried it for 2 weeks and i also on two occasions tested it by using it on only one half of my face. Unfortunately there was absolutely no difference, my makeup didn't stay on any longer or look even the smallest bit better or smoother than without. I'm quite upset that i spent that much money on such a waste of time. I definitely won't be buying it again.

on 1/4/2011 11:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is quite an interesting product. It does even skintone and fill in fine wrinkles, leaving a smooth matted look. The only con is that is doesn't last long as it rubs off easily, so if I apply foundation over this it ruins the effect and rubs most of it off in the end. This would be handly for people with good complexions to wear alone or over sunscreen. .

on 12/30/2010 1:54:00 PM

I was hoping to like this because of the great price, but this primer is just too thick to apply, and it doesn’t control shine very well on me. I'm sticking with the Smashbox primer for now.