L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

This is the first primer I have tried. I found it to be "OK". It made my skin feel soft but I'm not sure it really did a whole lot for my foundation. My foundation did not seem to go on any better or have any more staying power. I use it every once in a while if I think about it but it's only so I don't waste it. I also do not like pots that you need to stick your finger into as it introduces bacteria into the product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

All this product does is make your skin smooth, but if you have oily skin in your t-zone, like me, then you'll only end up having to add more makeup to get rid of the shine. If it does make your makeup last longer, I haven't noticed. My makeup lasts the same whether I'm wearing this base or not. This product should do all lot more for $10.

This is supposed to be a foundation primer. In the jar it is pink but goes on clear. It leaves my skin feeling very soft but that's all it does. Foundation primers are supposed to make your foundation stay on longer and not only does this one not do that but I find that my foundation actually fades much faster. With every other primer that I've tried, my foundation last most, in not all, of the day. With this one, however, it only lasts about 2 hours before it fades and is completely gone. I only wear it when I need my foundation to stay on for only a couple of hours so that I can use it up. I'm definately not going to repurchase this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

At first, I really liked the consistency of this product. I liked that it was like a mousse that easily glided onto my face. You don't need much and my foundation did sit well over it. I also noticed that my face felt very soft and smooth which I liked. For sanitary reasons, I do wish this came in a pump form. But why the low rating? This broke me out very badly. After wearing it for one day, I started to notice several pimples under my skin that night after taking my make up off! I have combo skin that's not sensitive so I was surprised at how bad my skin reacted to this product. A couple of days later and I am left with cycstic acne on my chin and small pimples all over my cheeks :( However, if this product doesn't make you break out, I do think it's decent.

This is my HG primer. I have an oily tzone with large pores and this does a great job at smoothing out my skin and making my pores invisible. I have the smashbox photo finish primer and I find I reach for this way more.
I also don't mind the container since I wash my hands at least 10 times while getting ready. And it helps save product.
I use this everytime before I use my colorstay foundation, and it does everything I expect a primer to do for me, so I will continue purchasing this and also experimenting with different primers since so far I only used 3: this one, the smashbox and the revlon.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This primer is great for applying the foundation or concealer or whatever you like to put on your face afterwards; it smoothes out pores and leaves a very creamy lovely texture on the skin. However it doesn't help with the wear of the other products. So, even if it's a good primer, I would much rather buy a primer that can do all the loreal magic perfecting base can do PLUS make my foundation last all day.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A fluffy mousse-textured primer in pale pink. My skin tone is light. I hope it would blend out as invisibly on darker skin tones.

It does what it says and covers a little bit better than the liquid primers.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I been using this product for almost a year now and I love it so much! it smoothen my skin especially the areas around my eyes which is my least favorite part my face. I am so in love with this product that I can't barely go out without using this even without make up on.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product to minimize my pores, control my oil skin a little bit, and to help my makeup stay put. Much to my disappointment, it did NONE of the things I'd hopes for. Goes on heavy (felld like a wax smothering my skin), and I think a product with a pump is much more sanitary. Instead of controlling my oil, I could see little spots of oil (instead of an overall shine) coming through my makeup a few hours after application. Total waste of $

Didn't like this product much. First, the packaging is horrible. If you have long nails, it is difficult to get thick product out of a tiny pot. Would have to use a Qtip or something. Second, it made the skin under my eyes look HORRID. It looked like I aged 20 years in minutes once I applied my normal foundation over it. Fine lines that I had never even SEEN before. Very much the opposite effect from what I was hoping for.

Popular Primer/ Correctors