L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

on 1/13/2011 1:37:00 AM

i love this primer, it is thick, sure but i have huge pores, so it smoothes them over so nicely. i will buy this again, i would reccomend it for someone who has larger pores like me. <3

on 1/13/2011 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I got this product as a sample and once I used it I had to go out and buy it. It smooths your skin out, fill in any unevenness so you have a nice smooth canvas of skin to put your makeup on. I do find however that if you use too much it will appear that you have dry skin patches for the product will get flakey. You need very little. I bought mine a few months ago and I'm still using the same jar. My mom bought me 2 more for Christmas so needless to say I have enough primer to last a while. Oh and using some sort of small applicator to get the product out is VERY useful. The price isn't too bad considering how long the product lasts.

on 1/12/2011 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I generally wear department store cosmetics, but I am a sucker for anything labeled "studio" and it was on sale at Walgreen's for $9, so I decided to give it a shot. Glad I did! I have used primers before (Laura Mercier, Smashbox Photo Finish, Monistat Chafing Gel), and this blows them away. It comes in a tiny little glass jar with a screw-on lid. You get 1/2 ounce of product, and it is a very thick consistency, similar to a mousse foundation. The product itself is a pale, creamy pink. I used about 1/2 pea sized amount for my entire face, which was plenty. It spread easily, didn't have any odor, and didn't make my face feel "coated" or slick like Smashbox Photo Finish sometimes does. I don't have any skin issues, but this did make my skin look more even and velvety matte, with a tiny bit of luminousity. If you have uneven skin tones or visible pores, or perhaps oily skin, this would really help. I waited about 15 seconds and my foundation applied over this like a dream. It lasts well, keeps shine at bay, and definitely improves my makeup's staying power. I can go all day with minimal touch-ups, whereas if I do not use primer, I touch up about once an hour or so to keep the shine down. I do not use primer daily so this should last a while. Generally when I use silicone primers, I break out. This is oil-free and didn't cause any breakouts. I much prefer this to Smashbox Photo Finish. Will definitely repurchase this.

on 1/11/2011 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Left pasty mess on face (and I'm very pale already). I used very little, but it just clung to any dry patches (and I have very oily skin). Then my makeup (MAC Pro Longwear) just adhered to the patches for a big mess. I'll stick with Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel or Shiseido Matifying Veil.

on 1/10/2011 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I had a sample and thought it was pretty thick,but I thought maybe the sample was defective. I went to the drugstore and sampled several brands but in the end decided to buy this and give it a try. I use it around my eyes and upper lip to soften the lines. So far I'm happy with it. The other products were a lot more money and had a lot of water in them so took some time to dry. If it works for you I think the price is great.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is not worth the price. It is thick and difficult to apply. I didn't notice my make up lasting longer, and I also didn't notice that it "perfected" my skin at all.

on 1/8/2011 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i love this product 7 out of 10 times. it's great and all, but this makes my skin turn oily. you read some reviews that say "it made my skin really oily after a few hours" and i didn't really care about that because after all, we are totally different people! but i bought this after adoring the sample in a magazine, and i tried it and IF i wear foundation, it definitely makes my skin oily, but if im feeling great that day & i wear it, it's a pure dream.
the consistency is amazing, you hardly need any product (definitely justifies the 13$ i spent on it), im not a germ-a-phob so the pot doesn't bother me one bit, and it really does work.

on 1/8/2011 10:31:00 PM

I've been pleased with this so far. I really do think that it helps to smooth the skin and minimize pores (I have dry skin but large pores on my nose and cheeks). Helps concealer to go on smoother as well. The consistency is great for dry skin because it's nice and creamy. It's thick, but for me not at all in a bad way.

I've only had to use powder over top of this because it smooths my skin out so well that I haven't needed foundation, and I haven't had to retouch at all any of the times that i've used it.

FWIW I have several of the travel size tubes of Smashbox primer that I was using until I got this (got them free in various kits, but they retail for around $15) and they last forever. Paying $10-12 for this pot of Loreal primer is awesome. Especially considering that it's much easier to get (at the drugstore), plus Loreal is always on sale and there are always coupons.

I also do not mind the packaging. When the level gets too low i'll probably just get some out with a foundation brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Broke me out. I liked the satin finish I got, however, not the dispense technique, it's in a pot. Make up did not seem to last that much longer and I really think it clogged pores and I am religious with my face washing routine in evenings! Too bad .

on 1/7/2011 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was really excited to try this product after seeing in a magazine. It was nothing special.

The pot really annoyed me because it was hard to use your finger to get product with long finger nails. I then started using a spatula. It created a nice base, however did not wear as well as I though it would.

Too bad...