October 30, 2014 | 1777 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by changja2

I owned the Clarisonic Pro for 3 years before getting the Mia for travel purposes. The Mia I bought only has one setting (vs the 3 settings on the Pro) and I find that setting is a bit rough on my skin, even using the sensitive brush head. I prefer the gentler setting on the Pro. I only use the Mia while traveling cause it's smaller to carry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by minpinmom

Love, love, love this tool! I got the Mia for Christmas and it is simply amazing! I didn't think a product like this could make a difference but it does. I suffered from terrible adult acne two years ago so at night I apply a prescription and over the counter treatment cream. After cleansing with the Mia the treatment products soak right into my skin like a dream! I have also noticed my past red acne marks have lightened up a slight bit, I don't know if this is from the exfoliation of the Mia or due to the fact my products soak into my skin better after using this product. In either case I couldn't be more happy with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by socksberg

I have struggled with adult acne for years. After being on three prescription medications (simultaneously!) for my skin without seeing great results, I decided to bite the bullet and try the Clarisonic. I didn't believe that an electronic face brush would make a difference where years of medication and all sorts of acne-clearing systems had failed, but in the month since I've owned the Clarisonic Mia my skin has almost completely cleared up. I am still taking my skin medications, but the Clarisonic opens my pores up so the medication can get in deep and be more effective.

Long story short, the Clarisonic is amazing, and well worth the price. I use mine morning and night with Cetaphil, and then follow up with my prescription skin creams. I love the way my skin looks and feels now, and any remaining blackheads practically fall out on their own. If you have stubborn adult acne (cystic, blackheads, whiteheads, etc) and you feel like you've tried everything else, give this a shot too. A+++, would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Wrenaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This device has been worth every penny. It's helped clear up and smooth my skin a great deal and my skin feels so much cleaner than when washing with just my hands. I use it with Clinique mild liquid facial soap and follow up with Clinique Moisture Surge, and its been the best combination I've found for my skin.

Tip: For the best results, move the Clarisonic SLOWLY when you use it. Going quickly can irritate your skin and diminish the benefits of the brush vibration.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Mallorybacon

I have had good skin all my life until about a year ago. I started with these annoying, bumpy breakouts. The bumps were not cystic, yet they didn't have a head. They weren't extremely noticeable, but I would pick at them until they were. I attributed the breakouts to hormones and got on (and then off) birth control with no success. I switched cleansers monthly, and nothing seemed to work at all. I heard about the clarisonic, and arbitrarily decided to buy it. It is a phenomenal product. Those annoying bumps were actually clogged pores, and after a week of using MIA, they are nearly all gone. I still have blackheads on my nose and chin, but they have drastically decreased in size and salience. I would suggest that everyone at least try MIA, it works wonders!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by nadia3506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing all the hype about Clarisonic, I had to try one out for myself. I bought the Mia online and it was totally worth the wait for international shipping! I use it every second day (to me it seems similar to exfoliating, which I don't think my skin could handle daily) and my skin has become unbelievably smooth. I use it with Cetaphil and find that it takes off my make-up amazingly. I think the Mia has cleaned out my pores really well and the overall texture and tone of my skin is great since I started using it-I've had so many compliments! I don't know if my products are absorbing better like other reviewers have said, but I have noticed that while I used to have to use blotting papers/powder around lunch time to get rid of shine, I no longer find my skin getting oily during the day since using the Mia. Now I kind of want to get the Pro for the body brush, too!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Cne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Did not work for me at all. I have 'normal' acne prone skin and started using the Clarisonic (with the delicate brush) once every 2 days. My face looked great for a week and then I started breaking out in places that I've never had pimples before. I'm firmly in the "purging is a myth" camp so I took the breakout for irritation and stopped immediately. My breakout took about 2 months to completely clear and I still have a few light acne scars from it. Right now I'm using the Sephora Silicone Precision Pore Cleansing Pad and it has been working much better for my skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by pinkpirate

This didn't do a single thing for my face!
I'm very good about cleansing my skin thoroughly, and toning and exfoliating as needed, so all of that talk about how much "gunk" people find on their Clarisonic brushes is totally beyond me. It's all hype!
That said, though, if you don't have a good habit of cleaning your face and removing your makeup thoroughly, I can see how it may be a good enhancement to your routine. Is it the miracle too that the makers of Clarisonic and many reviewers claim it to be? Absolutely not! You can make a habit of cleaning your face more thoroughly every day, which only takes a bit more of your time.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by LynOlivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love my MIA ! I have fairly dry, flaky skin. For a long time, my skin would peel off all the time, especially around my nose, yuck. I used to use the st. Ive's exfoliating scrub but my skin would still act the same way. I had also noticed a few blackheads on my nose.

I had been eyeing the mia for a while, and decided to just do it. I am so glad that I did ! Most people who use this have oilier skin types, but this thing is a miracle worker for dry skinned ladies too! My skin no longer peels off, and my pores are very unnoticeable ! YAY MIA ! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by lemon_tree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got the Mia for Christmas and have been using it for about a week. I was SO excited to get it. I had been eying it and reading reviews on it for like 6 months, and I had a gift card so I bit the bullet and bought it. I am so happy I did! I know it's only been a week but already I feel like this was a good investment and something I'll be using as part of my daily beauty routine. My skin is so smooth and my moisturizer absorbs much better. I only need a little bit now. It's helped to even out my skin tone- ive had redness on my cheeks forever and my skin is definitely less red and more glowing and luminous. I'm able to use less foundation and concealer. My skin has always been pretty good, no crazy breakouts, ocasional pimple here and there, some blackheads around nose, but skin tone isn't the best. Maybe the clarisonic helps blood flow to the skin or something? For price i rated it a 4 because even tho i would say this is crazy expensive, it IS and investment and considering how much use i'll get out of every day, i think its worth it for me.
I've heard a purging phase is common but haven't seen anything yet, fingers crossed, tho it has only been a week. One thing I would suggest if you're worried about this irritating your skin is getting the delicate brush head (I know its another $25 but I really didn't want to freak out my skin) and using that first (it's their most gentle brush) and using a cream/milk cleanser (I love ren hydra calm cleanser, works perfectly!). Then, of that's too gentle you can work your way up to more rigorous brushes and cleansers till you find a combo that works for you. That way you can ease your skin into it and maybe less of a chance of irritating your skin. Overall, an excellent product worth trying out (the 30 day guarantee helped convince me to try it) and I would repurchase. I love using it and look forward to washing my face every night! It feels amazing too, like a massage for your face, really relaxing. As part of my "research" when I was considering buying it I watched some YouTube videos to see it in action and it was funny how in almost all the vids the girls' faces would go slack and totally relaxed looking when they started using it. Lol. Oh and I use it only at night, not morning and night. Another precaution on my part to ease my skin into it. I feel like I don't need to use it in the morning because I just woke up and no makeup, so my skin I figure is pretty clean. Plus my skin is dry in the winter and I don't want to peel off too many layers of skin by using the Mia too much. Your skin is a protection layer after all! UPDATE 1/8/12: I still love my Mia and use it every night! It's improved my skin for sure and I never want to be without it. And no purging still (so far!). I highly recommend starting out with the delicate brush head.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No