November 23, 2014 | 1069 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by zuba84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I got this as a gift from my mother for the holidays and started using it almost two weeks ago. I have to say my skin is fairly good, no discolorations and only a few breakouts here and there, but I figured Id give this a shot more for prevention than anything else. So far I cant say I notice much difference in my skin but again, since it was pretty good before I figured that much. I am beginning to get a few more pimples than normal, so far nothing horrible and I have heard this is normal so I am willing to stick that out a few more weeks, although any longer then that and I will call it quits. What I do have to say is the pimples I am getting seem to be clearing really fast- in under a day, which is typically unheard of and I have to assume its the MIA. Definitely worth keeping if only for that purpose however, as I said, not worth extra breakouts so Ill have to write an update in a couple more weeks after seeing how it goes UPDATE: OK I still like the product but I think it was just too much for my skin, I kept breaking out, although not badly and even though people talked about purging I think the product was too rough on my skin causing it to produce excess oil and break out. I am using every 2-3 day now and my skin cleared up in a day! I still would recommend the product to ppl with trouble skin or ppl who wear makeup but since neither is my issue, I decided to tone it down a bit. My new advice is probably not to mess with a good thing. If your skin is happy, leave it alone!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by easturner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased the Mia off of QVC using easy pay which was awesome. When it came, I was very impressed with the quality, packaging, and the little travel case. Plus, I got mine in a pretty blue color. It also came with the Philosophy Purity cleanser, which I have always liked. For the first week of using it, I absolutely loved it! My skin felt so smooth and amazing. Well, when week two came along, my face was an absolute mess. I've NEVER had skin problems in my life, yet my face was horribly broken out all over, and I even had a patchy rash on one side of my face. I know that people say that this is the purging process and to wait it out, but I sent mine back. I think that my skin is just too sensitive for this product, unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Rachel211

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the bandwagon. Definitely gives the face a good scrub, better than what your wash cloth can do. I also feel like my retin-a or night time treatments are getting deeper into my skin. Face looks brighter/smoother since usage began. It's going to be hard to convince myself to keep buying new heads every 3 months but I've been strict about alcohol-ing the bristles after each use (as directed) so...we'll see if I can stretch it to 4 months. Worth the 100 bucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by changja2

I owned the Clarisonic Pro for 3 years before getting the Mia for travel purposes. The Mia I bought only has one setting (vs the 3 settings on the Pro) and I find that setting is a bit rough on my skin, even using the sensitive brush head. I prefer the gentler setting on the Pro. I only use the Mia while traveling cause it's smaller to carry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by minpinmom

Love, love, love this tool! I got the Mia for Christmas and it is simply amazing! I didn't think a product like this could make a difference but it does. I suffered from terrible adult acne two years ago so at night I apply a prescription and over the counter treatment cream. After cleansing with the Mia the treatment products soak right into my skin like a dream! I have also noticed my past red acne marks have lightened up a slight bit, I don't know if this is from the exfoliation of the Mia or due to the fact my products soak into my skin better after using this product. In either case I couldn't be more happy with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by socksberg

I have struggled with adult acne for years. After being on three prescription medications (simultaneously!) for my skin without seeing great results, I decided to bite the bullet and try the Clarisonic. I didn't believe that an electronic face brush would make a difference where years of medication and all sorts of acne-clearing systems had failed, but in the month since I've owned the Clarisonic Mia my skin has almost completely cleared up. I am still taking my skin medications, but the Clarisonic opens my pores up so the medication can get in deep and be more effective.

Long story short, the Clarisonic is amazing, and well worth the price. I use mine morning and night with Cetaphil, and then follow up with my prescription skin creams. I love the way my skin looks and feels now, and any remaining blackheads practically fall out on their own. If you have stubborn adult acne (cystic, blackheads, whiteheads, etc) and you feel like you've tried everything else, give this a shot too. A+++, would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Wrenaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This device has been worth every penny. It's helped clear up and smooth my skin a great deal and my skin feels so much cleaner than when washing with just my hands. I use it with Clinique mild liquid facial soap and follow up with Clinique Moisture Surge, and its been the best combination I've found for my skin.

Tip: For the best results, move the Clarisonic SLOWLY when you use it. Going quickly can irritate your skin and diminish the benefits of the brush vibration.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Mallorybacon

I have had good skin all my life until about a year ago. I started with these annoying, bumpy breakouts. The bumps were not cystic, yet they didn't have a head. They weren't extremely noticeable, but I would pick at them until they were. I attributed the breakouts to hormones and got on (and then off) birth control with no success. I switched cleansers monthly, and nothing seemed to work at all. I heard about the clarisonic, and arbitrarily decided to buy it. It is a phenomenal product. Those annoying bumps were actually clogged pores, and after a week of using MIA, they are nearly all gone. I still have blackheads on my nose and chin, but they have drastically decreased in size and salience. I would suggest that everyone at least try MIA, it works wonders!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by nadia3506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing all the hype about Clarisonic, I had to try one out for myself. I bought the Mia online and it was totally worth the wait for international shipping! I use it every second day (to me it seems similar to exfoliating, which I don't think my skin could handle daily) and my skin has become unbelievably smooth. I use it with Cetaphil and find that it takes off my make-up amazingly. I think the Mia has cleaned out my pores really well and the overall texture and tone of my skin is great since I started using it-I've had so many compliments! I don't know if my products are absorbing better like other reviewers have said, but I have noticed that while I used to have to use blotting papers/powder around lunch time to get rid of shine, I no longer find my skin getting oily during the day since using the Mia. Now I kind of want to get the Pro for the body brush, too!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Cne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Did not work for me at all. I have 'normal' acne prone skin and started using the Clarisonic (with the delicate brush) once every 2 days. My face looked great for a week and then I started breaking out in places that I've never had pimples before. I'm firmly in the "purging is a myth" camp so I took the breakout for irritation and stopped immediately. My breakout took about 2 months to completely clear and I still have a few light acne scars from it. Right now I'm using the Sephora Silicone Precision Pore Cleansing Pad and it has been working much better for my skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No