November 28, 2014 | 1240 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Magicunicorns

After using MAC studio fix fluid for the past two years I was on the hunt for a new foundation, after looking at several I decided on NARS sheer glow. It hasn't disappointed me yet! The cover I would say is medium but really buildable, and I have found that it lasts pretty much all day. It has a dewy finish, which I love in foundations, but tends to go matte once it's fully dried. The colour selection was really good and the girl at the counter matched me up with Dueville, a majority of the colours have yellow undertones but if you have pale skin with red patches like me it covers all of it. The only bad thing I can say about it is the packaging, a majority of places don't sell it with a pump, however I finally found a store that does.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Baby1black

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the dewy look this foundation gives.It does have a yellow undertone which compliments skin,however coverage is o.k. You do need your concealer With this one . What I hate is they should add a pump especially with the price of this. I will buy again for sure because I enjoy the dewy look.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this for my Mom in the shade Stromboli. It looked gorgeous on her and apparently didn't slide off or melt off in the extreme weather while they were on vacation (in the Philippines). I decided test it out the other day because I wanted to wear some makeup but didn't feel like putting on too much. I judged the product and assumed 'Sheer" meant a tinted moisturizer, so therefore could get away even if Stomboli was lighter, or so I thought... (I usually range from NC35-40). I like my foundation to be full coverage because I don't have the best skin and I like to cover any scarring/pigmentation/and the works. I used my fingers to apply this, didn't apply any primer or powder. Just a quick slather really. Let me just say that I LOVE the finish product. I love the texture, a little runnier than SFF, and I especially love the way it matched my skin tone (soooo shocked!), and it gave me medium buildable coverage!. It did get oily on my nose, but my skin does that with any foundation so it was no biggie. I put it on at 9am and it lasted a good 5+ hours, cause I came home home around 2ish and washed it off. The only thing is... I'm not in love with the 'no-pump' (you'd think they'd smarten up...um hello, so unsanitary) and not into the price....(around $45 CAD at Sephora). Bottom line: I'd repurchase, it was a surprise how much I liked it. Not heavy feeling, but provided good enough coverage and had pretty good lasting power. No overpowering scent and no bad reactions! (breakouts, itching etc). Pleasently suprised :) continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by aqsa1

I brought this in punjab. It broke me out. Each time i put this on i had new spots when i doublecleansed my skin. I actually needed the matte version but selfridges was all out so i got this cos i liked the way it looked on.

Next time i tried this was matched to barcelona in matte. Too dark and dint look as flawless as glow version. Such a shame cos this could have been hg if it looked good and dint break me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by misswedemeyer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While I love the product, I hate the package. The cap does not screw on, and since I travel a lot I end up losing half of the makeup because it leaks all over my other cosmetics. NARS is a great company but they really need to consider repackaging this product ASAP.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Mhgroener

Feels like a mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sarahbeans

Just bought this yesterday so this review may be a little premature but definitely seems to be the foundation i have been searching for!! It leaves a beautiful finish.. the girl at Sephora applied it and it stayed perfectly on my face for hours without budging, which is awesome because I constantly touch my face out of habit/ seem to sweat my usual foundation off within two hours. Like everyone else who seemed to like it I definitely have very yellow undertones to my skin, it looked VERY yellow in the store so thank goodness she brought me out to the hallway to show me how it really looked... great if you are not looking for something super full coverage or too matte, it lets your natural glow come through which is something I've always had issues with about most other foundations. I got the deauville and it is gorgeous. Initially they tried to talk me into getting the makeup forever foundation, but I have always been much happier with nars products. bottom line- good investment if you want an every day natural looking foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by alix1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I want to love this but just not sure! It looks great when it's first on but definitely has a yellow undertone which I'm not convinced about. Bought this in SpaceNK when newly back from holiday and was convinced that my pink skin tone (which I've always had) is actually a yellow undertone - hmmm. That's more about SpaceNK being pushy than the foundation though!! It gives good coverage, I'd definitely say its more an evening out coverage than a day-to-day work type. It's quite heavy and feels difficult to blend but does look good once you've managed to bend it in. It also seemed to exhasibate my dry skin. I've tried Benefit's That Gal as a primer under this as I was informed this was a really moisturising primer that should help with this, it was an awful combo!! Really slidey and patchy. I'm going to try it with the Laura Mercier primer next and see if that helps. In all - good but not as great as I hoped for the price and as many have commented before me - the lack of pump is just annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by alonzocris

I have never used foundation before so I wanted to try this one, since I heard it was very lightweight and natural looking. I LOVE IT!! IMO it is worth the $40 dollars that it costs, if you apply it correctly it will look very beautiful on your skin. I do have to say that if you have heavy acne or looking for full coverage this is not the foundation for you, but if your face is okay and a couple little pimples here and there this will do the job.
I have combo skin so I do set it with powder (T-zone) so it won't look super shiny. I have used it for a week approx and it hasn't broken me out. Also I think this foundation is good for people with yellow-ish undertones, it matches my skin perfectly!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Yansa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent product. Love the finish, the texture, and the feel. But I'm absolutely confuddled as to how they feel it makes sense to provide ROWS of testers of the product WITH a pump, for a foundation that does not come with a pump. After using MAC F&B and Revlon ColorStay, the pump was a major selling point for me. Now it's gotta go back, just because....

I'm not sure if Sephora or Nars is the culprit, but it stands to reason that if you think store associates and potential customers need a pump to TRY the product, then a pump is probably the best idea for those idiots like me who are actually dumb enough to BUY it.

Very disappointed. Mainly because NOWHERE does it say that the product doesn't come with a pump. Yeah, I should have done better research, but still.

Meh.