NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It wasn't the right formula for me. After quitting BCP my skin became quite oily again, I bought this foundation around the same time not realizing the switch that my skin was having.
The colour match was good, and the finish of this foundation is lovely. Medium coverage with a satiny finish, albeit I wouldn't call it neither sheer nor glowy. I have to say it's not the most lightweight foundation either, you can definitely feel it on your skin, so overall I found it more suitable for a night out where you want to look polished.
Unfortunately it turned greasy on me within an hour of wear so I swapped it away, but I can see how it would look amazing on people with normal to dry skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Nars sheer glow is great if you want:
Light to medium coverage
Glowing gorgeous skin

i have normal to dry skin so this applies amazingly on my skin and feels like i'm wearing nothing! Its not good however if you want to cover up your blemishes, i have a lot of pimples and it didnt do a very good job at covering it up but it did eliminate the redness and left my skin looking fresh and hydrated

amazing foundation, horrible packaging. I've repurchased this same foundation about 3 times. is expensive, but worth the money if you want flawless looking skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought Nars Sheer glow in med#1 Punjab after watching countless youtube vids raving about it. Now there was differing opinion some said med-full coverage sum said sheer buildable.some said matte sum said glowy look...@first application I found this semi matte very natural looking.very natural (that bears repeating) id say this is on the light end of medium coverage.coverd my ruddy cheeks well with one layer but i still had redness coming thru.evened me out basically. For sum reason i couldnt build it up very well mabey i wasnt adding enuf but it seemed to hit a wall at medium.even with a primer it unfortunatly didnt last beyond 5hrs&I live in cool coastal weather& im not oily nor does my face sweat.this is the first foundation even ordering it online that was spot on in coloring, really great color match,punjab is light/med yellow based (youtube helps a lot with tryin to nail down ur shade, I live 6hrs from any makeup counter so this how I did my matching) I think I would be Barcelona as it is at the start of summer&I tan easily, .I ended up returning this because as much as I liked the silky thin texture, the smooth soft feeling on your face&the strong yellow base it sunk into my large visable pores after an hour of wearing. primer or no primer. I looked like I had little yellow spots all over my cheeks&nose where it sunk in. If you dont have visiable pores&you want a great natural looking foundation that feels very nice on (like you have nothing on) then this is a great one just not for me altho it did photograph very nice, just didnt look great in person&upclose after an hour for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Is this foundation nice? Yes! But I can't wear it because when I put it on, my face began to burn and sting awfully. I think it's just something in NARS products that bother me though. I have a NARS lipgloss and it stings also. I say get a sample and try before you buy!

This foundation is phenomenal. Don't let the "Sheer glow" confuse you with the coverage. The "Sheer glow" indicates that the GLOW is sheer. This foundation has a medium coverage which is buildable. It allows my skin to look like skin. It doesn't mask my skin to point where it will look like a heavy or thick foundation. Photographs beautifully. I have acne prone skin, and it has not broken me out. I'll continue to repurchase this foundation even though it's pricey, I believe that it IS worth it.

For reference, I'm an NC42 in Mac studio fix, and with this foundation I use Barcelona for my yellow-based skin tone.

The only thing I will say, which a lot of people complain about is that it does not come with a pump. But to be honest, that's fine with me. I just shake the bottle with the cap uncovered and my finger on the tip, then spot it onto my face. I also use my beauty blender for everyday use, and sigma flat top kabuki brush for FULL coverage.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I used this founadtion for 2 years and hate that I can no longer use it. My skin has gone through serious changes in the last 6 months. It went from blemish free- normal to oily, acne-prone and sensitive. The sheer glow is perfect if you have good skin. It'll give you a natural looking, min coverage look. I miss being able to wear it. I'm having a really hard time finding a new makeup in my color. (crying)

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I'm going to start out by saying I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!! I was a little hesitant about it at first because of the "sheer glow" and I'm an oily girl so I tend to associate glow for oily. So at first I went to Nordstrom and purchased the Sheer Matte, which was definitely not for me. I did not like the texture of the foundation and it felt very heavy to me, so I decided to take it back to Nordstrom and try the Sheer Glow. This foundation is absolutely gorgeous when applied right. Being that I'm quite oily I prime my face with milk of magnesia as well as SmashBox Photo Finish. This makeup is best applied with the fingers which helps it to sink into the skin naturally. It's a med coverage foundation but definitely build able. This is my go to foundation although its very expensive but I can't help the desire I have for it 😍 For reference I am NC50 MAC, New Orleans NARS, Chocolate MUFE Matt Duo, 75 MUFE Mat Velvet Plus.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am obsessed with this foundation! I am NC30 and I use Punjab which is spot on. The first few times I've used this foundation I hated it because it had terrible lasting power. But then I realized this was a water-based foundation so I had to use a water-based primer (Smashbox Photoready Light or a Korres one) instead of a silicone one. This immediately changed how the lasting power of the foundation.
It offers buildable medium coverage and I know it is recommended to use fingers to apply but I use an angled flat top kabuki from Sedona Lace which is excellent for buffing the product in. No this product doesn't give a "glow" which I equate to "oily". It gives a skin like natural finish that is undetectable in real life.
As others have mentioned, there is no pump and it has to be purchased separately which I recommend so you don't waste product. I tried to go without for so long but realized I needed to invest in it. I believe it is around $6 at Nordstrom or NARS. I don't believe Sephora carries it.
Overall, I would repurchase this foundation despite its steep price tag (they raised the price to $44) because the color match is spot on, the lasting power is great, and it photographs really well.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have to say I'm not a huge fan of this foundation. Not on myself, and not on any of my clients. (people always want to try this foundation).
The product is a very fluid like texture, fairly lightweight feeling. The coverage is around a sheer-medium coverage, leaning more towards medium. Despite the claims that this foundation is glowy, it is NOT at all. It's more of a natural finish. Initially, it applies well and blends easily, but the finish is atrocious. It accentuates pores like crazy, and leaves a dry cakey look on dry-combination skins with just one layer. If you have blemishes or redness to cover, you would require two layers of this foundation which would accentuate textural issues on the skin even more. I'll give it a 2 star rating because it does look okay on the lucky few who have baby smooth poreless skin. In my opinion it is definitely not worth the money, you're better off with MUFE HD, which also gives a natural finish and slightly better coverage without accentuating flaws.

Video Reviews & Tutorials