September 17, 2014 | 1980 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by esavage83

Pros:
Beautiful glow
Does not break me out
Perfect color- Punjab on my yellow undertone skin
Not Cakey
Natural
Concentrated- do not need alot of product
You can use your fingers (which the Sephora MA told me was better with this particular foundation) or I use my SK dense round flattop brush and stipple
Medium coverage

Cons:
$42 for 1 oz but worth it

My search for the perfect foundation is over. Feels natural. Great coverage. I have tried many foundations and this is my favorite for my combo/dry/sensitive skin. Another reviewer said Neutrogena Healthy Skin is a cheaper alternative..may try that if my budget is getting low.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by caitlynhorne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the most natural looking foundation I have ever used! I have really oily skin so I have always been weary of trying this but I kept hearing so many great things about it. I was at Sephora one day and I decided to ask one of the associates for a sample of it. The sample has lasted me quite a while because you don't need alot to cover your entire face. It has medium coverage for me. It goes on very smooth and easily. It gives the most natural finish and just looks even more beautiful as the day goes on. I feel like I am wearing nothing but my skin still looks flawless. I still get oily (but that happens no matter what foundation I use) This however, does not make me more oily than I would normally get anyways. I love it so much, I went and purchased the full size!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by carolinarawr

I love love love this foundation! I am nc 20 and wear deuville its so smooth and good coverage also dsnt feel cakey and lasts all day! Which is important as a college student:) I always seem to go back to it after trying about 10 other foundations, def a must buy at the very least get a sample its amazing !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by jjms574

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used almost all foundations in the drugstore and have tried department store brands such as Makeup Forever, Mac, Clinique, Shiseido, Laura Mercier and more but never have I loved a foundation as much as Sheer Glow. I wear it in Barcelona (mac shade NC 40-42). It matches so nicely and isn't as heavy or as yellow based as Mac's Studio Fix Fluid. $50 is a big price though. If I had the money, I'd buy it over and over again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by breew0nderful

I've had this in my collection for almost a year, and I use it when I want to wear foundation. However, I feel as if it has very little staying power - something you definitely need in a foundation! I am NC/NW 15 in MAC and use Deauville. It blends well into the skin, but I do not get a "glow" like the name suggests. Will not repurchase, as I'm left unimpressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by DaydreamXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wear Barcelona(NC40). I like dewy and light coverage and Sheer Glow really suits me. It's expensive but is such a treat if you have relatively nice skin. I'd compare it to MAC Face and Body with a bit more coverage. As always I think NARS does sheer but buildable perfectly so this can be worn day or night.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by eimearsg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i dont really get the hype around this product and why so many people love it for ?? i mean its an okay foundation, under no circumstances is it a bad one ! i just dont think its worth the amount of money !

i think i bought into the hype way to much over this product, so i was kind of expecting this awsome foundation that was going to make me look sooo amazing and perfect lol so when i got it and tried it i was just kind of like ... meh... its okay... its nice but not the most amazing product ive ever tried! overall i was disapointed ! i got it in santa fe! perfect match ! i just wasnt fussed on the actual product ! plus after like 3 - 4 hours i needed to touch up and my skin isnt even oily! this really bothered me ! if im paying £30 for a foundation i want at least 6-8 hours wear out it and i want it to look perfect even at the end ! another thing that bothered me is the lack of a pump ! ? so i had to buy a pump to ! so annoying :( but i think i would try this product again because i only wore it about 3 times and then just gave up on it and gave it to my sister, so i dont really think i give it a fair test ! but overall i would only recomend this to people with very dry to dry skin !

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by supragurl7

I was matched the color Fiji. I am NC25 SF and was matched the same day at MAC and NARS. The Fiji is less orangey, peachy, red then NC25 SF. It is a perfect match, too bad I don't like it very much. The name sheer glow is quite misleading. I definitely didn't get that 'glow' but a rather matte powdery finish with STREAKS! I've tried dry sponge, wet sponge, dry foundation brush, wet foundation brush, and stipling brush. It just streaks no matter how much I run my sponge or brush over my face. I never tried my fingers because I find it messy. Besides, for a $42 foundation, it should go on flawless regardless of application. NARS is owned by Shiseido, and they make some really good face products, so I was surprised by the quality of sheer glow.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got a sample of this makeup in Sante Fe at Sephoria. Glad I didn't but the bottle. It did not make my dry skin glow. It looked heavy and unnatural. Not worth the money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by makesmesmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite foundation. My undertones are neutral and I'm about NC/NW15-20. I was looking for a more neutral shade or even for a light and cool yellow shade. The MAC NC's are pretty warm and not natural at all, just like the NW's.
I ordered it online, so I wasn't that sure about the color I picked out. It's Deauville, which is a neutral color and I am so happy with the color match! It's a little too dark for my neck, so I purchased Siberia and I always blend this with the Deauville shade in my neck area.
I've never ever had a color like that before. I tried so many brands (MUFE, Chanel, Dior ..) but there are just no good neutral colors.

I love the finish. It really leaves a sheer glow on my skin. I have normal skin with some dry areas, so this claims to be perfect for my skin and it really is.

This foundation is not sheer at all. I prefer medium to full coverage and for me it is medium! I have redness on my cheecks and some parts seem really blue. The foundation covers it all and stays for about 6 hours.

I would especially recommend this, if you are looking for a perfect neutral/ cool yellow shade. This foundation is almost perfect!