NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 10/21/2012 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a sample in Santa Fe. Was completely disappointed. It emphasized my pores which are not that big anyway. It did not even out skin tone as I was told it would. Glad I did not buy it. 42.00 for a bottle and it better be good for that price. No way. WORST OF ALL. I cannot get this out of my new Sephora air brush foundation brush. I have used MAC brush cleaner. Then shampoo. Then Dawn. Then Dawn with vinegar. AAAACKKKKKK It just has waxy greasy liquid in it that will not wash out of the brush.

This product looks yucky on my skin. I have relatively decent skin. Combination skin, prone to occasional flakiness, and rarely break out. This seemed to attach to every dry skin molecule on my face and make it look like utter crap. Despite numerous blending attempts, this just looked cakey and blotchy and emphasized my flakey patches. yuck yuck yuck. For the price, this should really make my skin look awesome, but I like drugstore foundations better than this one.

on 10/16/2012 1:43:00 PM

I got a sample of Nars Sheer Glow...I love how it looked on me, they make some very nice colors and I'm super pale so it was a perfect match which is hard to find...but just like with Nars Tinted moisturizer...I broke out...in big red bumps all over my face.

I'm so bummed.... I really liked the color and the the look...no NARS products for me alllowed I guess.

on 10/16/2012 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has become my HG foundation! I have oily acne prone skin,so I never dared to think of giving this a try. To my surprise this foundation has great coverage!. It covers my redness and makes my skin look healthy. I would recommend getting a sample first before buying though.

on 10/15/2012 4:33:00 PM

So disappointed to use this at first, became cakey very soon after application with my Sigma flat top kabuki, looked so ugly! I tried applying with my fingers but it still settled into my pores and looked terrible. I wasn't going to give up as it's so expensive, so tried the Cosmopolitan beauty blender. What a,lifesaver! Made a huge difference. Not perfect, but definitely worth a try if you don't want to waste the product.

This Foundation is lovely. I use this with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, and it leaves a satin finish. It covers most of my blemish scarring nicely, and adds a radiance to the skin without it looking greasy. I powder with the Laura Mercier Translucent powder and this combination lasts a good 10 hours, without a primer, and my skin is combination. I bought the pump along with this, as without it, its extremely messy. Being an NC20 i use the shade Fiji, its a perfect match. I will repurchase, before, I'd like to try the MUFE HD.

on 10/11/2012 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

i hate this foundation. i was very excited to use it cause i heard and saw on youtube good reviews. I have very Very dry skin. This foundation was said to give a dewy look. also moisturize the skin...did none of for me. It completely highlights my dryness. it makes my skin even more dry and looks it too. no dewy effect! I used a stippling brush, foundation brush...thinking it was the brushes, but nope! i even exfoliated my skin and moisturized...put a primer on...nope! still flaky...more dry then ever. I hate this foundation!
Oh! and not enough coverage! so yeah...deff will not repurchase.

on 10/10/2012 11:46:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product. The lady talked me into it and once again i thought she would be right and that i would LOVE IT, however that just never happened.

I tried to apply it with a brush, the beauty blender sponge, my fingers.. basically everything you could use. No matter what i did, it just wasn't the way i wanted it to look. Sometimes i found my self liking it, thinking "oh wow this is great", but then in a couple hours it just looked bad. It is sheer and doesn't cover well, if you add more then it just looks cakey.
If you have beautiful skin then i would think it would look awesome, however for me and my uneven skin-tone, it just didn't work

Bottom line- didn't cover well for me, didn't last long and made my skin look too oily and cakey .... but hey may work for you!

on 10/5/2012 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this foundation yesterday, and already love it! This foundation does exactly as the name says, it gives a really nice sheer glow, and actually gives me enough coverage that I don't even need to use concealer. When I wore it out yesterday, I was given many compliments to how 'flawless' my skin looked. I will definitely buy this foundation again when I run out.

on 10/2/2012 9:10:00 AM

Even though I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more foundations (I have just way too many), I just had to because every time I hang out with a friend who wears this foundation, I always am in awe of her skin finish. This foundation is so beautiful on the skin. I finally figured out how to describe it - it just softens the look of your skin and blurs it, almost like photoshopping :P. Some foundations really accentuate every hair, pore, etc.but this one truly makes my skin and my friend's skin (I don't know anyone else who wears it) look pretty. The coverage is light-medium, not too little, not too much (for me). The finish is glow-y and luminous so I don't set with powder. I rated the packaging as a 5 because I ordered the pump from Nordies. I don't know what MAC shade I am anymore, I would guess NC20 and after several samples, I settled with Ceylan, which has a yellow undertone. The coverage is light enough where I think you can get away with being a shade or two off since it blends really well. And a big plus - this doesn't oxidize on me.
*update* - this doesn't work for me when my skin is dry, regardless of how I apply it or what I do underneath it. Twice now, I've had to remove it right away because it just made my flakies worse. I'll save it for after winter.

Video Reviews & Tutorials