NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

When somebody is looking for a suggestion for a foundation with light-to-medium or medium coverage, I suggest them this foundation.
I'm personally not too keen on NARS face products, other than their wonderful blushes, but this is an exception. Sheer Glow is actually a wonderful foundation.
It offers light-to-medium coverage, however it's very easy to build it up to a medium coverage. This surprised me, since I was expecting sheer coverage, due to its name, but it's definitely a pleasant surprise.
I like to apply this with my MAC 190 brush, which offers all-around even coverage, although I can imagine it applying well with a duo fiber brush, the Beauty Blender, or even your fingers too.
On your face, it actually settles into a satin finish (not dewy, like its name implies, and certainly not matte, like other reviewers here have said), but gradually, during the day, while it wears on your skin and your skin's natural oils begin to seep through, it turns into a nice natural dewy finish that doesn't look oily at all. For reference, my skin type is normal, for the most part, but in heat (i.e. during spring and summer, and dance practice) it turns a bit oily.
I recommend this foundation for those with normal, combination, or somewhat dry skin. Naturally, those with oily skin should avoid foundations with the word "glow" in its name, lol (just simple logic), so just thought I would throw that out there. :b
I'm NC35 with slight yellow undertones, and Stromboli is a pretty good match, however, it's too yellow! (I have the same problem with MAC NC shades.) Stromboli has strong yellow/olive undertones! Barcelona, on the other hand, had a better undertone match, but it was too dark. I think I'll pick this up in Barcelona during the summer when I become more NC40-ish. Punjab was too light (probably better for NC25-30), but, like Barcelona, it also had a better undertone match.
I do think that $42 is a bit too much (more like $35, to me), but I guess that's what you expect from NARS, right? (I still can't help but think that NARS could've at least added a pump. A little piece of plastic really isn't that expensive to make, you know!)
Would I repurchase? Yes.

on 1/14/2013 11:20:00 PM

Bought it twice. Really good full coverage. However is a bit yellow. When You put powder you can't tell much about it being yellow. Love the full coverage . Would buy again

on 1/14/2013 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love, love, love it !

When my MAC NW25 foundation became too dark for my winter skin, I thought I should buy something lighter for the winter. Also I realized I needed a lighter coverage. Before I purchased this product I read the reviews over here and I was a little disappointed.

However, when I was at Sephora I tried tihs foundation, After a few days I purchased it. I really really like this foundation. I really has a sheer coverage, but it does what it claims. I don't have acne problem, some little blemishes and sun spots. So this foundation gives me the exact amount of coverage I need. It is also very buildable and even minimum amount is enough. Also it doesnt feel heavy on the skin. But since I have combination skin I put some pressed powder around my nose and thats enough to keep it oil free all day !

And the last but not least color selection is amazing. The color Punjab is my exact skin match. Since I don't think I can find a similar match to my skin I will def. repurchase. It's not shiny looking by the way. More of the porcelain side with a very very light feeling. I you need slight coverage give it a go!

on 1/12/2013 11:24:00 PM

I don't understand the hype that was made around this foundation. The price is ridiculous, and I had several problems with this foundation. I found myself kinda convincing myself I liked it just to justify the price.

It accentuated dry areas on my face and I tried several moisturizers (i don't really have super dry skin either) and the color looked really odd on me, I went back a couple times to get color matched but nothing really looked all that great. I also don't know why they called it sheer glow, it made me look matte. There is no way I would repurchase this product, I much prefer my naked skin from Urban Decay.

on 1/11/2013 1:24:00 PM

I'm not sure why this is called sheer glow. It looked almost completely matte on me. It seemed to accentuate the dry areas of my skin. It also caused small bumps all over my face after a few days. Had to return it.

on 1/10/2013 6:57:00 PM

This is my christmas present I wished to own for a long time. Before I was wearing Anti-blemish solutions MU by Clinique (good coverage, awefully drying), because I dread getting pimples (which I get anyway from time to time). But the Clinique MU was drying me out and paradoxically causing more breakouts. I went to Sephora and a SA recommended me this thing. I took a tester, alhtought i knew it was reaaally quite expensive.
But it looks great. I have the second palest shade (others are really dark, don't know why their range is so narrow), because it matches my neck -I'm probably the only person whose face is pale than her neck.:)
It's smootch, it looks naturally, it blends well and the cover is really good - medium I would say (no Vichy Dermabled,but no Tinted moisturizer either).
I keeps the skin moisturized and the best thing is that I don't feel it on my skin AT ALL! It's like not wearing MU at all...
So now for the cons:
Sometimes it becomes visible in little wrinkles (I'm hardly 20, so just fine lines) and it doesn't sink as well as I would wish. My solution of this is using an oil-blotting sheet (one's enough for both my cheeks) to remove excessive make-up on my skin.
But I still think this is the best MU I have ever had!

on 1/6/2013 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Siberia is the best color match I've found for my crazy pale skin, which adds to my disappointment that this product did not work for me. No matter how I applied it (brush, sponge, fingers, stipple brush, buffing brush) or what I applied it on top of (Smashbox primers, multiple formulas and with no primer) the product just sank into my skin after a couple minutes and made my pores look noticeable and gave my skin a rough appearance. I have dry skin, but it's under control and I exfoliate regularly, it's not that it stuck to patches of skin (I don't have any).

Also the packaging is terrible. I ended up with foundation all over my hands and the cap. I wouldn't have minded if the pumps were available to order from stores like Sephora (where I purchased the product) but they are not. I would have had to order it separately and pay shipping.

on 1/4/2013 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have always heard so much about this product so I tried it and have been using it the past few months. yes, the packaging sucks. especially because in the store it is shown with a pump, and then you get home to a pump-less foundation. I would say this is light to medium coverage and is definitely dewy. I like to look a little greasy(I know I'm weird) I just have giant fears about dry skin, in any event I found this can be a little greasy. When I blow my nose it does come off a bit. Overall, I like this foundation, I will probably move on to a new product soon when this bottle is done, but fond memories of Nars sheer glow I will have.

on 1/4/2013 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE!!!!! When I first tried it, I was kind of hesitant because I felt like it had practically no coverage. But I now LOVE it! The colour matches my skin perfectly, most foundations that are a "match" make me look darker, but this one just makes me look bright! I think the coverage is perfect, and definitely buildable. It looks SOOO natural. I just LOVE it! I don't find it glowy at all, but then I have super dry skin, so maybe I don't notice the glowiness. AMAZING!!

on 1/3/2013 12:33:00 PM

I bought this after an advisor at Sephora suggested it. The thing is that you need to warm it on your hand - if you don't it's so so super cakey and matte! I wanted a natural looking foundation with medium coverage and wanted glow. This is absolutely not it. I also ended up ordering a pump online from Nordstrom, since the packaging comes without the pump. I will never buy this again. I'm also pretty sure it dried my skin, too.

Video Reviews & Tutorials