NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 2/20/2013 11:53:00 AM

This is really over rated. It is an average medium coverage foundation that would be best for normal to oily skin. It is way too expensive for what it is.

on 2/17/2013 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't want to down this product too much because I know that for some skin types it would be great BUT not if you have any dry patches on your skin. It does have some great points though and if your skin is oily/normal - I would recommend trying.

I got this after seeing some great reviews on You Tube.

It goes on beautifully - probably one of the most blendable foundations I have tried. The colour range is super and the Light 4 - Deauville was a perfect match for me.

On areas like my cheeks and forehead this looks lovely, airbrushed almost, although by no means 'glowy'. The name is misleading - this is a matte foudation.

BUT on my nose chin and round my lips, even up near my brows this settles looks cakey and flaky, even after i applied loads of moisturiser ad have exfolited. it also sat horribly under my eyes I won't be repurchasing. The thing is, my skin isn't particularly dry, so I think of those with alot of dry patches this would be a nightmare.

on 2/16/2013 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I haven't had any problems with this foundation. I wear it in Syracuse.

The coverage is buildable and I love the dewy finish it gives. I don't often use a primer (because I haven't found one that I find worth using) and it lasts me the entire day without going patchy or requiring touch ups.. I have normal-dry skin at the moment (accutane user) but have used it whilst I had oilier skin and it still managed to hold up well.

The packaging is strange as you don't get a pump and I do wonder how easy it will be to get the last little bits of product out.

However due to the texture, finish, lasting ability and the fact it doesn't cause breakouts I will definitely be repurchasing! (Even after the recent NARS price increase.... ;) )

on 2/15/2013 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I decided to try this after hearing all the hype, and I am so disappointed! I bought a bottle in the colour Siberia which is a pretty good match to my skin tone (NW15). Had to pay for the pump which is annoying. It looks good to begin with, but after about an hour it separates and slides all over my skin and transfers like nothing else - even with a primer and setting with powder. I do like the coverage, but it's way more trouble than it's worth especially considering I payed $68 aus for it.

on 2/14/2013 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

After more than a year of using this foundation and endless bottles repurchased, I can finally review this! I am NC37-40 on months I stay indoors and NC42 during the summer. The shade Barcelona fits me perfectly generally, though Syracuse sets nicely and naturally after blended and is excellent for tanned months.

First of all, coverage is great. Medium but definitely buildable to heavy. Finish is semi-matte. Consistency is not thick but not runny either, and blending is a dream. Does not break me out despite daily wear. I loved this foundation, initially. However, I found that it only lasted about 5-6 hours of good wear. After that, it left my skin looking dull and lifeless. I'd have to reapply again to achieve the same flawless effect. Note, however, that I live in very tropical conditions in the Philippines so this may be a factor.

The dealbreaker for me was that this foundation transferred like crazy! On my clothes, even on my notebooks. For such a hefty price, I'd like a more long-wearing product (and a pump, at that - packaging sucks!). I kept buying it because tanned shades aren't widely available in the Philippines (despite majority of the population here being dark-skinned). NARS had the best selection. I'd consider MAC but their foundations broke me out.

To recap:

PROS:
- Buildable medium-heavy coverage
- Semi-matte finish
- Great coverage and consistency
- Does not break me out
- Great color selections for warm tones

CONS:
- Pricey
- Lasts only about 5-6 hours
- No pump!
- Transfers like crazy

I'd give it a 3.5 if I could simply because it served me well, and initial application did look flawless. However, I've recently switched to Revlon Colorstay (I order my shades online and have them shipped) and find that I'm enjoying a better foundation with a quarter of the price. NARS Sheer Glow is a good foundation, but I will not be repurchasing in the near future!

on 2/10/2013 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Update: I just switched to Lancome teint idole ultra for the summer and I like it SO much better!! It has a more natural appearance and is lighter than the NARS foundation!

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! My lancome teint miracle foundation was my HG but it was breaking me out a little on my forehead so I switched over to MUFE HD because I had heard such great things about that product. Let me telll you... I was completely disappointed by MUFE HD. It didn't break me out and the color was okay, but the coverage wasn't good enough! It took a lot of pumps to get the coverage I wanted, but Nars Sheer Glow exceeded my expectations. I love the color range, the coverage, and the fact that it looks natural in the daytime. For some reason I had a hard time blending MUFE HD with my sigma F80, but Nars goes on with my sigma F80 like a dream. Not to mention it doesn't break me out. I will be repurchasing a summer shade in a few months.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this foundation, however it is full coverage, I believe it says medium coverage on description.

Some people say my face looks matte when I wear this foundation, even though its a sheer foundation, sometimes I can see this but other times I think it has a dewy finish which I like.

I find that sometimes this foundation can show the bumps from spots on my face, however it covers them well and leaves an even coverage and colour on the face.

Overall I do really like this foundation and is recommended my Millie Mackintosh from made in Chelsea.

on 2/7/2013 3:45:00 AM

Beautiful satin finish upon application. Not bad color selection. Enough slipper in the texture to allow for thorough and precise blending. HOWEVER, the lasting power is pretty bad...When I use a slightly more moisturizing product underneath, it seperates like crazy that I even scared myself when I checked the mirror at 4pm-ish (makeup put on at 8am), which does not happen with the other foundations that I've used.

Don't like the packaging because it's not travel friendly. Also don't like the fact that it does not contain any spf...

I guess people with normal to dry skin could benefit from this product. But for oily people like me, I'm not so sure...

on 1/27/2013 3:44:00 PM

This is my absolute favourite foundation and here's why:
1. Looks like you aren't wearing foundation (and I have dry/normal skin it depends on the weather!)
2. It doesn't smell of anything
3. It has an amazing range of shades, especially if you are Asian/coloured
I would say the only con is:
1. You have to buy the pump seperately
I have 2 shades so that I can use this foundation all year round, I have brought 3 bottles so far!

on 1/25/2013 12:27:00 AM

Oh, this foundation. I'd been wanting to try this for agesss and finally got my grubby hands on three generous samples of this from my lovely neighborhood Sephora. I tried this during the summer, a few months ago, when my skin was acting up a bit already and was a little blotchy, bumpy, and combination. I was hoping this would help even out my skin tone, which needed some decent coverage, while still being light enough not to exacerbate the skin issues I was already having. I ended up with some very mixed feeling about this product.

First, the good: from a slight distance, this does give my skin a nice glow. It covered small imperfections and my skin looked overall very pretty. Also, I found the color selection to be good, better than even most high-end foundations, although this could be because I'm yellow-toned, and apparently these shades skew very yellow. I couldn't quite find an exact match, but came closer than I usually do. I am a very, very hard to match shade, very pale with some yellow and olive undertones and some rosy patches too. Siberia was the closest match, although Gobi came close also and could work. For my summer skin, Siberia is a bit too pale and Gobi was only a smidge too dark. Probably, if I mixed the two, I'd hit the jackpot. I also tried Mont Blanc, but found it to be extremely pink-toned compared to the other two shades, and made me look really weird the one day I wore it out to give it a chance.

Now, the problems I had with it- the bottle needs a pump, as many other reviewers have said. Also, the texture could be much finer. While from a slight distance it looked pretty, as soon as I got within a foot of the mirror, even in forgiving lighting, I could see the texture of my skin and my pores too well for me to be satisfied with it. I don't expect my skin to look flawless, but this made it a little too rough for my liking. Perhaps it was too drying for me. I also prefer my foundation to be layerable, and trying to layer this only made it cake more and more. One layer was workable, but the textural issues only multipled every time I tried to blend further or layer. I need more versatility than that.

I think this is worth trying, but definitely get a sample first!