NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was pretty disappointed in what I got. The lady at the store told me Nars is very lightweight and would be perfect for my skin, but when I put it on, it made my entire face really oily within a matter of minutes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So This is my STORY with nars sheer Glow! 3 words..I LOVE IT!!!!! The first time I went to sephora in search of it the lady there matched me to Fiji ( the matte one) but I decided to take some testers home before purchasing it just to make sure which color suited me best!! Well turns out I was undecided because both Fiji and Santa Fe looked perfect on my skin!! I chose Santa fe just because it gives me a little more tan look and still has some slight peachy and yellow undertones unlike Fiji who is only yellow undertoned.. Santa fe is considered a medium color and it is 3 colors below Fiji which is a light!!! And both looked good on me!! So I would recommend you swatching them on your own to find your ideal color because the selection can be tricky as more than one may fit you!!
And hopefully u are not misguided by the sephora girls! Try them out yourself!! I disliked the matte one even though my skin is oily!! I don't recommend it , felt too mask thick and gross ,,,
Sheer glow is a whole different story!!!! Perfect for oily skin too.... I usually run away from anything that says to give you a "glow" but for the first time I found my perfect match!!!! This foundation will last me hours and sometimes I don't even have to touch up with powder... It gives a perfect glow that even oily skins can handle ..thank god for sheer glow..I am in love.

on 8/25/2012 6:23:00 PM

I got the sample of this in the shade Barcelona (I think) at the same time as I got Lancome's Teint in 7w, and they were a good match together. Hands down would pick Teint Idole over Nars Sheer Glow. It was an ok choice of color (I'm NC 25). Very yellow which was nice. But it was almost too yellow, bordering orange. It faded off in patches and would look uneven. Not as much coverage as Lancome did. So if anyone got the shade Barcelona, I would recommend Teint Idole in 7w.

on 8/25/2012 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I wanted to love this product but it just didn't work out for me.

PROS:
color is an exact match which is hard to find when you are black

CONS:
My skin is very very oily and even with setting powder applied when i got home after work i could see gap like areas (for lack of a better description), separating the foundation thus the finish no longer looked smooth. I don't get this we dermablend my regular foundation.
2. when you hug someone it rubs off really bad...its so embarrassing to see someones white shirt now brown because you hugged them... this is the biggest con for me. ( i don't get this with dermablend either)

on 8/24/2012 5:24:00 PM

I absolutely love this foundation. I had been using the free samples from sephora all the time because this foundation is pretty pricey. But everytime I used the foundation my skin looked amazing so I finally splurged and bought it and I couldn't be happier. I don't recommend this foundation to everyone because everyone's skin is different, but if you are able to sample it I would definitely try it. It goes on very smoothly and makes my skin look glowy and even all day long. It's build able so if you need more coverage it's good for that but if you use a thinner layer it still offers coverage for uneven spots.

on 8/24/2012 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Contrary to the name "Sheer Glow" this is excellent for oily skin like my own.

I actually got the Sheer Matte too and I like this much better, I did half my face in the Matte and half my face in Glow and the glow is much better, goes on silky and even where as the Matte just sits weird on my skin and wont blend in.

I thought the Matte was ok till I compared it to this and this is much better.

It is actually more matte finish then a luminous dewy finish the "glow" would suggest. I find this is perfect for my oily skin.

You must wear this with a primer, when worn without it sinks into my pores and you can see the little dots where it has done so. I actually use Dr Brant Pore Refiner as a primer and it works very well. Combined they keep me matte all day.

Love this foundation and will buy again. I feel it looks so natural just like my skin but flawless which is what I like! I don't want to look like I'm wearing foundation!

Also worth mentioning it is clay based so apparently good to apply with your fingers which is how I have used it but am keen to try with a brush and see what happens.

I gave four stars because the packaging is horrible! Glass bottle with no pump :(, you can buy the pump separate (which I have done) but was an extra $20 or so. Without the pump you waste so much! I guess the ok thing is you can reuse the pump on your next bottle and so on. Also the glass bottle means a) you can't squeeze or cut the last of the product out b) one drop and there goes your expensive foundation. Pull your head in nars and get some decent packaging!

on 8/24/2012 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

Bought as it's recommended on Beautypedia (I actually trust the reviews on there as every single product with a tick worked a treat for me) and because my usual foundation (Bobbi Brown Moisturizing Compact) has been discontinued. I love this, I have dry skin and this doesn't make my skin patchy. For the first time, I can actually put foundation under my eyes (major dark circles) and it doesn't accentuate my wrinkes. My shade is Punjab, Bobbi Brown Natural, MAC NC30.

on 8/22/2012 7:04:00 PM

I can't really give a full review of this because of two MAJOR issues-

-I couldn't find a good match because of the sub par color range.
-It looked cakey, scaley, flakey, and all around disgusting.

Besides those huuuuuge problems,

-the name is deceiving. This is not for people with normal, dry, or combination skin. This is for people with oily skin. This is a matte foundation.
-the coverage was medium-full and buildable.
-it's pricey, but I'm willing to invest in a foundation, personally.
-was patchy and oxidized after a few hours.

Bottom line- I had a very negative experience with this foundation, but if you have oily skin this might work very well for you! Foundation is a very personal thing- this foundation just didn't work for me and probably wouldn't work for other people with dry or combination skin. I thought this was very similar to Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation, so if you like this I would recommend that! If you hated Colorstay you'll hate this too.

on 8/21/2012 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is absolutely the best foundation I've tried so far.
Nothing else compares.

I'm a MAC NC35 and I have this in Barcelona.
the color is a bit too dark, so I guess a better match would be Stromboli.

The only problem I have with this foundation is the packaging.
the lid gets dirty very easily (conventional NARS rubbery packaging) and it does NOT have a pump.
You have to buy a pump separately for $6 which is ridiculous.
The foundation itself is very pricey ..why should I pay an extra 6 bucks for a pump?

on 8/16/2012 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I bought this foundation last year when I was in Paris.
I got matched to the shade Mont Blanc at sephora, OMG I have never EVER found a foundation that have matched mmy skin colour so well. I am cool toned but still not extremley pink...I find that many cool-toned drugstore foundations, fit me n.115 for example are too pink and dark...mont blanc are just perfectly cool toned and very pale. It is the perfect winter shade.
I love the finish, it looks amazing when u apply it. The only problem I have with it is the staying power... I have not tried to set it with powder though...maybe it would make the staying power better.

The shade mont blanc goes so well together with the Becca shimmering skin perfector in pearl! <3

Video Reviews & Tutorials