September 19, 2014 | 908 users online

Lip Gloss - Lancome - Lancome Juicy Tubes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2006 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Ratrout

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

well i have to admit it's pretty expensive but i think it's totally worth it i love the colors and the taste ( i have the Framboise flavor ( wich is rasberry in english btw)) and the only thing i hate about it is the stickyness on windy days my hair just sticks to my lips wich is discusting but still it's not that bad

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2006 2:07:00 AM More reviews by VibrantO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yuck. That about sums it up hahaha. Juicy Tubes are way too sticky stickier than MAC if that's possible and smell/taste yucky (fruity blech) I prefer MAC's vanilla scent/taste over these any day. There are however some unique Juicy Tube colors and they sure are cute...I like the packaging especially the Cherie ones! Overall though I say they are way overpriced...save your $15 bucks and go get a MAC lipglass!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2006 1:46:00 AM More reviews by crazyshopaholic

This is one great product! I tried it out & finally discovered why it's achieved cult status. It delivers a nice glassy shine to my lips & the best part's the gloss stays on for about 4 hours! That's no easy feat since most other glosses i've tried don't last as long. My favourite's Fraise & Camboise. However, i'm not too crazy about the packaging though. It's a hassle to touch up when i'm out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by KelleA1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OK everybody in the world is "knocking" these off - why pay the Lancome price? I'm pretty happy with my Rimmel & Loreal versions....just my opinion.
KA

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2006 3:51:00 AM More reviews by scherzquin

juicy tubes are great! i have the limited edition one in 'le lutin' (blue colour), my lips are always peeling and getting dry but using this helps. the packaging is fine, what i do is squeeze out a little blob in the middle, and then smooth it out to the rest of my lip. i've never had any messes. stila's lip glaze is great too but more trickier/messier.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2006 12:30:00 AM More reviews by ch33tah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I own the Raspberry Ice scent/flavour/colour of this and while I do love it so much when I put it on... i'll admit it's not the best. the colour is fantastic (a medium pink with gold shimmer), i love the scent and taste (nothing sucks more than a lip gloss with a nasty taste) but it doesnt last very long, and boy does my hair ever stick to my lips. I do love the cooling tingly effect i get when i first put it on. i'll most probably buy again once i run out just because i'm a sucker for buying fun lip glosses like this, even if they are $24 CAD @ my local Shoppers Drugmart here in Canada. I owned a small 'free gift' size in the grapefruit scent/flavour. very pale pink without any shimmer, and the flavour is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2006 10:15:00 AM More reviews by angels2919

Hi! I love these glosses! I love all the colors and I love everything about these...a little pricey but worth every penney!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2006 12:56:00 PM More reviews by volley28

Very pretty wearable colors, but way too expensive considering you have to reapply often. Plus they are more tacky than other brands. Try Philosophy's lip glosses as a better alternative for the 'wet' look. I am using Melon Daquiri and I love it! Lemon Custard is also wonderful. You can get them at Sephora or philosophy.com for $10.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2006 10:12:00 PM More reviews by rsm1309

It's a mystery to me how Juicy Tubes have achieved such cult status. Granted the colours are pretty, and they do give a nice gloss to the lips (albeit momentary!) but there are so many more disadvantages than advantages.

First off, the packaging, though funky, is awful to use. The bit you swipe across your mouth gets really gunky and filthy. It doesn't apply the product as accurately as a brush, so there's lots of lip smacking to spread the colour evenly. When you squeeze, miles more comes out than you need. The technology is eons behind the click-and-twist pen dispensers used by Stila and Ruby and Millie.

Next, the product lasts no time at all. This is a common feature of lip glosses but Juicy Tubes seems to be one of the worst.

Finally, the product is excessively sticky - a hair magnet that's totally impractical to wear. Toni and Tina made a non-sticky lipgloss (Aura Lights) so it is possible to do.

JT look pretty in sets and are nice if received as gifts, but are not really something you'd want to spend your own hard-earned cash on.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2006 1:29:00 AM More reviews by s3dated

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with nicesmile. However, the Tubes come in some lovely colors. But they usually dry out my lips, and make them peel.