August 1, 2014 | 1680 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Sexy Curves

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

This just didn't work for me. First of all, the formula is wet and when you brush it on, it only clumps and weighs down a curl. If smudges and flakes. My lashes aren't "sexy", but clumpy, spidery, and short. It is hard to remove too, resulting in lost eyelashes.
I gave it a 2 because after I threw away this mascara i cleaned and kept the cool looking wand, which i use as a spooley brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 5:35:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this mascara for a week, after hearing about it from my favourite Youtube makeup artists, Pixiwoo. Usually I donít risk drugstore mascaras Ė not because Iím a makeup snob, itís just they tend to be as much as half the price of a department store mascara, and my hit rate has been low. Iíve had to bin several due to irritation Ė Maxfactor and Maybelline being the worst for this, and so I usually stick with what I know works: Chanel Inimitable, Diorshow, Clinique Naturally Glossy or High Impact, and occasionally BeneFitís Bad Gal Lash.
Sexy Curves has been a hit for me. It has a similar sleek texture to Cliniqueís Naturally Glossy formulation, but a bit thicker and blacker. It applies similarly to a Lancome mascara, and the finish is akin to Definicils. It does not clump, and lengthens a good deal, especially in the corners of the eye, where the brush is a dream.
On me, this mascara has a very poised and elegant finish. It hasnít smudged for me, but I donít tend to apply to my bottom lashes, which I find can look too much. Saying that though, I wouldnít say itís a natural finish either Ė Sexy Curves can definitely be built up for big drama.
I would say Rimmel has come on a long way from the brand I used at school, and this may even become a Holy Grail product, which up against Chanel et al, is really saying something.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by shawnarawwwrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I initially used this and wasn't a huge fan. After leaving it alone for awhile, I went back and realized what I was missing out on. This stuff is great! Gives me curl(without having to literally pull out a lash curler), gives volume, length, and darkens them! And the best part is it actually lasts well through the day. The wand does seem a bit odd when you first try it, but once you get used to it, it's awesome! And did I mention it comes in an awesome purple tube!?

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by naturalome

I was looking for a mascara to give me length&curl, and this mascara did that...my lashes were hitting my brow bone ( without any eyelash curler) But 1) the formula was a mess to take off/very smeary(&`Im used to wearing waterproof mascara) & 2) It tended to clump my lashes a lot I found that just using the tip of the wand works better for application but overall an bad mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Really love this mascara, gives me nice length and more curl than any other (which is saying a lot since my lashes DO NOT hold a curl ever). Not much thickness though, oh well. It does not flake but like with all mascaras (except beauty tubes) I get a little raccoon eyed with this but not enough that anyone but me seems to notice. I adore the brush, I am a picky brush person and I am pretty terrible at applying mascara and tend to end up poking myself in the eye just to get to every lash. The ball on the end of the brush really makes it easy for me to get right into the inner and outer corners without injury lol. One lippie off for the slight smudging. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by JenneVonH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used tons of mascaras but this is by far the most difficult brush to manage. It makes no sense. The formula itself is not bad. Stayed OK. Would not recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by kornwipha

It is a so so mascara, Doesn't really do much thing to my lashes. It doesn't make them look longer nor volumize them. It uncurls my lashes! This is unacceptable for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by bernboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I didn't really care for it at first but then realized that this is the first mascara brush that actually reaches everyone single lash. I use it everyday with 2000 calorie mascara and my lashes look great!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by annkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to target and while i was browsing the mascaras some would be OOS so they had these cards saying try THIS for only $4.xx so i thought lol why not. i have very short and thin lashes, though i would say they have a natural curl to them and are not stick-straight. one coat of this mascara gives me cute curly lashes. but it doesn't really thicken so my lashes still look thin and undetectable. but hey, this mascara claims to plump n curl and it does! i'll just have to use a thickening mascara with it. the package is so cute like a pimpin purple. lool

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by elastikgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

well i do like this product i just dont know... i have only used this mascara a couple of times and it goes on easy, my lashes are still soft, and i can get it off with just soap and water... it does give volume, length, and separation... but i dont know if its dramatic enough for me! i like really dramatic, false looking lashes, and i dont know if this does it to me! whenever i where my normal mascara i get tons of compliments and get asked all the time if i am wearing false eye lashes... i guess i will just have to see if i get any compliments!