October 21, 2014 | 2085 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by lolaice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pro: matte so a mature women can wear it without looking like a disco ball, easy to blend, not orange, a good amount of product for the price
Con: package is cute but product is difficult to get to once you hit pan, accompanying brush is useless
Recommendation: a definite buy if between NC/W 20-35, we all need a matte bronzer in our kit

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by chickatthegym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this bronzer because it's matte and very nice for the days when you don't want any shimmer or added shine on your face.

The downside of these is their packaging. Does anyone really use that stupid little brush it comes with? Mine just falls out and I think they are kind of a waste. Especially with the new Benefit pacakging- they are still $28 each, yet the amount of actual product has gone from 12g to 8g. I'd rather have more product and axe the brush.

I don't think I would buy it again though because it doesn't really stand out as anything extra special.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by allthatjazz5797

I like this bronzer because it is matte...other than that i do not like it... I would not buy this again

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Ewok0022

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

It suited my skin tone well but after wearing it for a day, I got a nasty red rash around my eyes and on the cheekbones where I wore it. This was the first time in human history that my skin reacted to a makeup product: it is usually quite sensitive but it has born a huge amount of makeup and skincare products I put on it through the years with grace and dignity. Not this one. Hoola makes me rather wary of the entire Benefit range. I haven't bought anything from them since then.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

NC 35 girls watch out! This looked dirty and gross on my skin. Bad texture and didn't blend well. Disgusting, and going back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was recommended Hoola on my search for matte, nonshimmery, true brown/tan color. The powder is very finely milled and very powdery. I can dab my fluffy powder brush into it and it'll pick up a substantial amount of product. This isn't always a bad thing, at least we know it'll last quite a while. I use this mainly for contouring my face. It shows up as a true brown and gives me that naturally tanned look unlike many other bronzers that leave you looking some what golden or muddy. I tried a few other bronzers to compare it to Hoola and evidently Hoola won and the others were returned to their rightful stores. It didn't show up muddy as I used it to contour and it applied and blended out beautifully and easily. It is very buildable and still won't look orangy. I tried it as an all over face bronzer but I couldn't really tell the difference. I tried to apply it to half my face to compare and I could definitely see the difference between my winter colored skin and my slightly tanned half. No matter how much I applied of this product, it still looked natural as if I wasn't wearing a bronzer but it showed up on my makeup wipe as I was removing my makeup. For 28USD, you get 0.40oz of product which is quite a lot. I haven't tried the brush it comes with, but it feels kind of scratchy on the face. It pretty cute to look at though. The box packaging is a nifty little idea but somewhat space consuming. Overall I do like this bronzer and will repurchase it again once I run out, but seeing that I get 0.4oz of product, it could very well last me a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by KittyKatBlonde

I like this bronzer. I find that most bronzers are too shimmery or dirty looking. I even like the packaging. I just swirl a powder brush on the product, then use the inside of the lid to swirl again to get any excess off, then put the bronzer on. It works nice with my fair-medium skin. I bought this 2 years ago and still have product left. It gives me just enough color without looking fake or orange. So far, this is the best bronzer I have found. I have tried other Benefit products with no luck but this one is a winner for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by missmcdermott1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I dont know if its just the really cute box thats this is in or what but I actually really love this bronzer! I used to use bare escentuals tan foundation as a bronzer but it was too orangey and harsh. I have been using this for a month and the color is really believable on my fair skin! It also hasn't made me break out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by harls321

I am a bronzer junkie and I love this bronzer year round on my medium skintone. I also think the brush it comes with gives me the perfect application. Besides being matte and a true brown color without any orange it is virtually goof proof. It blends in beautifully. If I apply too much it is so easy for me to just blend it out and still look natural. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by smkmacca

There is a reason a keep coming back to this bronzer:-

1) There is no shimmer and

2) It is a lovely brown tan colour and not orange.

I bought this when Benefit first came to Ireland and I'm still on the same one. I love how it makes me look how I tan naturally. A lot of reviews complain that this makes them look muddy and I can see how it could, but I use a fan brush with a very light hand and always tap off the excess and brush very lightly over my face until I'm happy with the colour and it is so natural looking. I think I will just stick with this bronzer from now on because I've tried so many, most with shimmer and I've never really been happy with them.

I also love the dinky lil box!!