September 2, 2014 | 1917 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by arcybarrios

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love using it as a base for shadow application. It holds eye shadow very well and no creasing or fading! I've never used it as a shadow alone though, seems to pale. A must have in my make-up kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by eemiiillyx3

Love this! A few things, my paint pots have never creased on me! [Rubenesque and Painterly], even without primer underneath. The color pay off on Painterly is great! It doesn't match my skin tone, it is far too light. But I could see how it could blank out any redness or veining on lighter skin tones. I pretty much use this every day as a base. It transforms colors beautifully. I apply Woodwinked eyeshadow over top, and it transforms it into a beautiful lighter golden color. Painterly is like UDPP except pigmented opposed to sheer. The packaging is sleek, like most MAC packaging is. I think it is definitely worth the $16.00.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by mvaca86

i have oily lids my es usually creases really bad n my eye liner smears too! after using this product my es stays on alllll day without budging! even if i go out clubing my es is the only thing still on at the end of the night! and i sweat alot! :( plus it makes es really pop! love this product! i never put es on with out it!

i have used primer potion as well... not even comparable to paint pots!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by princessgal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this as a base, I always use this first before I apply eyeshadow. When I apply eye shadow on it, it looks much more pigmented ! It stays for a long time on your eye too! I love it !!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 5:32:00 AM More reviews by LushieLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product! I put it on under my eyeshadow everyday, and get no creasing. I do admit i get fading after 15 hours, but that should be expected. Im currently in between NW15-20, and this color actually matches my skin tone!

Pros: Makes ES last!
good color
versatile
dries quick
over all good!

Cons:
my finger feels funny after applying.
No DS dupe!

I <3 it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by babydollkarina28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Painterly is my favorite paint pot, I use UDPP then I put this in top and my eyeshadows last all day without any creasing. If I am in a hurry and don't have time to do my eyeshadow, I just use painterly on my eyelids and it looks very pretty, I always get compliments when I use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Kipper8588

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's what I use everyday. I like it and it lasts a long time. But I would consider switching if something better came along.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by meggers88

I really like this, it works really well as a base, I don't get creasing or anything like that. I'm very fair with pink undertones, and it's almost a perfect match for me but it's a little darker and pinker. My only complaint is that sometimes, depending on the color of my eyeshadow, my eyeshadow gets a pink tint to it. Once my coworkers thought my eyeshadow was purple when really it was a mix of tan and dark brown...but basically what it means is you have to put more eyeshadow on for your 1st color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by mickey5252

I have a few paint pots and painterly is my favorite. Most of the time I only apply this on my eyelids (this is my natural lid color) and it even outs any darkness or redness that I have. It just brighten up my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by ooomakeupjunkieooo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I USE THIS EVERY DAY....... ENOUGH SAID!! LOVE THIS ONE!! It's a very creamy base AND primer that makes my shadows stay put and just really makes a difference in the look of my eyeshadows, I love it, its a staple!!!!