MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

A staple for evening out the lids. Texture is workable ONLY when I use it in conjunction with UDPP, then it slides on and blends out like butter! Again this is fabulous product as long as I use it with UDPP. Fairly opaque, nice texture and great with my light skintone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

At first, I received a sample...probably a teaspoon in a 5 gram jar. That TINY amount lasted me around 6 months until it dried out. CRAZY. This product is super creamy and it's the perfect match for my lids. It covers greatly, hiding all of the veins, darkness and discoloration on my lids. For me, I have sensitive and/or combination/dry skin, it lasts just about all day long. There are times, depending on the eye shadow that I use, when it will tend to crease, BUT that is after like...12 hours of wearing it on my lids. I may have to take a blending eye shade with a blending brush and blend it together and make it last, but that's it. I bought the full size recently because it was something that I found myself absolutely needing after my sample dried out, and I had the extra money to purchase it. I use nothing else to prime my eye shadows and I am in love with this product. it will more than likely last me forever and that's one of the great things about this product. You do not have to use a whole lot to cover both of your lids at all, so it will last a long time. I say, YES I would definitely repurchase, but ONLY if I have the money. I think for the paintpot, shipping, and tax this cost me around $23 and some change and I hate paying that much for one item. But it's definitely something worth investing in.

Wonderful as an eyelid primer, makes shadows last all day but does tend to dull their pigmentation slightly. When I'm not feeling up to a full makeup look, I slip this on my lids alone and it really makes my eyes pop. It is slightly darker than my fair skin, but almost totally "nude" feeling. Some complain of these cream shadows drying out, because they last so long that is bound to happen- but storing them upside down prolongs their shelf life greatly! Creamy and wonderful, a product I will repurchase again and again!

on 8/18/2010 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is the mac product i love most. It keeps my e/s on all day long without creasing, it brightens and smoothens my eyearea and on lazy days i even use it as a concealer.
Best primer/base i've ever tried

on 8/18/2010 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use this every day as a base before my eyeshadow. Thick but easy to blend. Prevents your shadow from creasing all day! Especially useful in the summer when skin can be more moist. Love this!

on 8/18/2010 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Great base! I love how it mattifies my eyelid as well as neutralizes any redness! It also helps colors stick to the eyelid and not budge! Most used paint pot in my collection.

on 8/18/2010 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

painterly is a very nice eyeshadow or pigment base. I LOVE how it makes my shadow POP. Though it creases even with a primer. It's not easy to blend. If it wasn't for the ability to make my shadows more vibrant, I would not repurchase.

on 8/16/2010 2:11:00 PM

I love this product. It goes on smooth and dries to a nice matte finish. Great as a base or when looking for a nude look on the eye.

on 8/13/2010 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Mmm...what can I say? I really like the color of this product and the consistency, but...it CREASES on me! Even when I apply a primer under this paintpot it creases a lot. I like the fact that it evens out my eyelid and it makes my eyes kind of 'awake' in the morning. Not shure if I would buy this product again...

on 8/13/2010 1:56:00 PM

I have never used a eyeshadow primer before and I've been thoroughly impressed over the last two weeks of usage. This color completely evens out my eyelid so there is a matte base on which to apply eyeshadow. But, the best part of it is the lack of creasing! I mean all day long! Impressive - I apply makeup at 6:15am and at 8pm, there are still no creases and my eyeshadow is still holding strong. I LOVE this product and will buy again.