Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

on 4/21/2003 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Summers in Boston are hot and humid -- rather gross, actually. This is the first antiperspirant I've found that actually works when it's 95 degrees with 90 percent humidity. I still do perspire a little bit on really hot days, but it's much more effective than any other antiperspirant I've found.

One of the great things about Certain-Dri is that I only have to use this every two or three days. Unlike a lot of other people, this doesn't itch or sting when I put this on. continued >>

on 4/17/2003 12:34:00 PM

Very, very, very, very, very, good product. I've tried nearly everything but this is by far the best out there. For me, although, it doesnt totally prevent persperation, it just cuts it down by about 60-70%, which is still great. Just be sure to follow the directions or you will get TONS of irritation and itchiness, but thank goodness that doesnt last too long. I still recommend using a deodorant in combo with this though since it is only and anti perspirant. Also, the only place I've been able to find this so far is Super Target, so if you're having trouble finding it, try there.

on 4/11/2003 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hands down, this is the best anti-perspirant I have ever used - and I have tried just about everything. I apply it at night, and all through the next day I am sweat free. The only downside is that I experience itchiness for a while after I use it. But, other than that this is an awesome product!

on 3/23/2003 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is the best anti-perspirant i have ever tried. the sad part is, it still doesn't work. i sweat so much, doesn't even matter if i'm doing physical activity or not, i will usually have sweat rings under my arms--it's gross. however, this is better than anything else, so of course i'm going to keep using it. i use a separate deodorant with it as well. make sure you don't use this right after shaving or it will sting like no other!

on 3/17/2003 1:13:00 PM

This really lives up to its promises! Last August I experienced the vile heat and humidity of Tokyo summer for the first time, and while every other part of me was dripping with sweat, my underarms stayed dry... *LOL* During the summer I used it daily, but for the rest of the year I only apply it every other day. I still use a light deodorant spray daily though, since Certain Dri is an anti-perspirant only and contains no fragrances.

on 3/1/2003 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A product that lives up to its hype! I can get sweaty, but with this stuff on? Not a problem! Even on the hottest Atlanta days. I thought I'd hard time rationalizing spending $10 on deodorant, but its truly worth every penny.

Even better? No real smell.

on 2/27/2003 10:05:00 PM

Although I hesitated on buying this, I am so glad I did! After seeing all the raves on the boards, I had to see what all the hype was about.
It really works! Since I live in FL and have no a/c, I tend to sweat in the summer time unless I am indoors. I am using Certain Dri every other night and I am actually sweating less during the day.
It does run and I wish it came in a stick form, but it is definetely worth eveyr penny.

on 2/26/2003 9:10:00 PM

This absolutely does what it promises. I can be almost-literally running all day at work, and my underarms are still a sahara. The only downsides are: some itching after application, bottle can be a bit drippy, and it can be hard to remember to put it on at night. Otherwise, I won't be without this in the future.

on 1/27/2003 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I used to never wear white shirts. No point - I always ruined them. Even though in general I'm not a huge sweat-er, in the summer I get pit stains on EVERYTHING. Well, not anymore. Certain Dri is awesome. I use it every other evening and that's enough to stop underarm perspiration. Completely. Total miracle product.

on 11/28/2002 10:53:00 PM

I purchased this for my son, and this is another review from him: He says he perspires more than the average person, and he has never found an anti-perspirant that lasted all day or worked well for him. This is the only one that *works*, and you don't even have to use it every day (even through showering!). Definitely follow the directions on the bottle, he says! Also, that guys should be careful since this is a roll-on product which can pull out underarm hairs! LOL!