TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 5/1/2010 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

bought it because of the great reviews. it let me down :( its crunchy-feeling. not exactly SILKY feeling like my CHI silk infusion. I use my CHI as a heat protector. does a better job.

on 4/28/2010 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got this product at Shoppers Drug Mart and it wasn't that cheap for a drugstore product.

The reason why I got it is because I saw a lot of gurus on YouTube using this product prior to using heat products.

Now in the past I never used heat protectant products and never noticed the damage it did to the ends of my hair. I would get split ends within a few months after my haircut.

After using this product, my hair actually got worse. I would get split ends one month after cutting my hair. Also it was hard to control where I would spray the product since I would like it to be concentrated on the ends of my hair.

This product smells wonderful, so I can give it that. But it phases me how a heat protectant product that claims to be nourishing for the hair, can contain alcohol.

A lot of people compared this product to the CHI Silk Infusion, so I decided to conduct a test between the two to determine a winner. Here's the link if you're interested:

on 4/28/2010 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This leaves my hair feeling stiff and coated, no matter how little I use. That is the true drawback of this product. I expect sleek weightless hair to be the result after a blow dry and this product did not deliver in that respect at all. I will try other heat protecting spray/products instead.

on 4/26/2010 4:31:00 PM

I bought this product because I saw that there was a lot of people on youtube using this product. I got it and its just kind of meh.... I don't think that this product is amazing. I feel that my hair hasn't gotten better or worse in using it (not that it's supposed to). The smell is very tresemme like and its kind of strong in my opinion. I use it it everyone once in a while but I have another product that I use from Redkin (Smoothdown Glide) that I love and that's what I use before heat styling. I don't hate this product and I don't love it.

on 4/25/2010 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this heat protectant! It enhances results, it keeps my hair protected, and it even works as a leave-in conditioner. I have very straight hair, but I adore curls, so I use my curling iron all the time, and this product keeps my hair from looking like crap.

on 4/24/2010 11:20:00 PM

i absolutly love this product! you spray it then wait a few then use it! its a great product! You can use it for blow drying , straitening and curling. I have no more to say but ... buy this product. it is no where expensive! Thanks

elenaxxbeauty

on 4/24/2010 6:35:00 PM

Smells good. Love the Easy comfortable spray head. Sprays even fine mist. Covers a large area with one spray. I Use it everyday before I blow dry my hair. Not sure about the effectiveness of the product for heat protection. My hair seems the same as always.

on 4/24/2010 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this product! I think I went through 3 or 4 bottles of these! It smells super good and does it's job!

on 4/22/2010 2:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I don't really think that this product lived up to all the hype. A lot of reviewers raved about this product but it didn't really do anything for my hair. I didn't notice anything different at all so I can't really say that it works or if it has damaged my hair.

The only pros were that I got this on sale for a cheap $3.50 and that the nozzle sprays out an impressively ultra fine mist.

on 4/17/2010 12:57:00 PM

This stuff is almost HG for me - that's saying a lot given I'm always on the lookout for the next best hair-transforming thing! I have baby-fine hair that's thinner in front, making it prone to breakage from any kind of heat appliance. It doesn't take long to dry my hair but I wash and dry it daily so try to treat it very gently. I spray this liberally on my hair before using a root-lifter spray and my hair comes out soft and smooth, rather than poufy and fly-away. It doesn't weight down my hair or make it at all greasy or sticky to the touch. I'd pay much more, but it's inexpensive, plus drugstores always have this on sale so easy to stock up. One more thing--the spray nozzle is brilliant--it's never clogged and you get a fine, even mist every time. I'm thinking of saving the next empty bottle to fill with something else just for the nozzle. Great stuff for fine hair.

Popular Styling Products