November 26, 2014 | 1898 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by eswaslike

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have no idea how anyone with oily skin can say this is a good powder. I purchased this based on all the good reviews and youtubers that use this and I'm very dissapointed. This actually made my skin more oily than ever within minutes of putting it on! I tried it a couple of times and it did the same thing every time. I would definitely skip this if you're debating getting it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is becoming my HG powder I love MAC'S MSF but it doesn't control oil at all I thought I would give this a go & it is really amazing considering how cheap it is & I have tried alot of powders this is by far the best as I have it in about 4 shades but warm beige is my favourite as it gives me a bit of coverage I'm really pale but it isn't dark at all on me, the packaging is horrible I wish it came with a mirror and flip top

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by alisonjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent product at keeping my extremely oily skin under control and making my foundation look amazing. It's only 4 quid in Boots, an absolute bargain and is a million times better than MAC and Estee lauder which are uo to 6 times more expensive. Like most people on here though, I hate the packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by MissJessibel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this powder becasue I'd heard so many good things about it! I got the color translucent. I used it for about 1 week, Then my skin got some kind of reaction. At the time I didn't know what I got it from. I jsut got a lot of break outs around my forehead, nose and chin.
I stopped using makeup on my face for a little over a week, When my skin had calmed down I just used a bit of the powder to matteify my face.
And that day my break outs started up again!
So i figured that it had to be from the powder! I've stopped using it now and my skin is starting to get better!
But I do not recommend this powder!
Even my ELF studio matte translucent powder is sooo much better!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by gracew98

The powder itself deserves a 5/5 in my opinion - it lasts for the whole day (from 7-2:30pm) at which time I start to get oily again - the shades are varied and appear to have yellow tones which is great for Asian skin :-)
HOWEVER, the packaging sucks - you don't even get a mirror, and the lid can just falls off when you hold it upside down... Moreover, the powder cracks easily which is pretty annoying as the whole reason I picked compact over loose powder is that it's cleaner, but now it's even worse and messier.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by rlsadc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has been my go to powder for years. I have tried alot of higher end department store brands, but always ended up right back here. I use the translucent color, since I am SO pale, and it blends wonderfully. Currently I use NYX HD Primer and Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation. Works great! NO real complaints. I do have to reapply a few times throughout the day, especially since my foundation is all day wear. Not something I mind though.

I do agree with the comments about packaging. It tends to break up pretty quickly once I hit pan as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this during the summer where I'd only use concealer and set it with this powder. I love the finish this gives. It does mattify as it says without looking cakey. I don' like the packaging though, the top doesn't fit snug and it can open in my bag if I'm not careful. A compact with a mirror would be much more practical on people who like bringing this for touch ups. It is also deceiving, I just bought this a couple of weeks ago and could already see the ridges of the pan and I could've sworn I've only used it a couple of times. But for the price, it beats all the other higher end powders out there. I'd repurchase this if I find the need to buy lately my skin has been dry and I don't set my concealer anymore, but would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by melanie3170

Awesome, awesome, awesome product. I use to use Clinque powders which are about 23 dollars or so. This on is about four at target. It gives great coverage and makes your skin look flawless. On days when I have heavy breakouts I use foundation along with this powder and it literally works miracles. When I have slight break outs this covers great by itself. So its great coverage, great price, great longevity. BUT THE PACKAGING SUCKS. If you take it on the go, put it in a ziplock bag. The cover slides on so it comes lose very easily and with definitely get damage/damage items in your purse.
One last thing, when I dip my brush in (sigma powder, bare mineral buffer) a lot of lose product comes up (fall out) so just be careful with that. Once i applied it in the car and looked down to see my jeans were covered in powder. I dont use mac foundations, i only use neotrogena healthy skin which im a ten in. im the second lightest powder and its a great match.

The only downfall is packaging, and be careful for fall out.
And because of the fallout i go through it quickly, at least by my standards. Ive had it since june and its september and i only have a little left, but for four dollars its absolutely fine by me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by stayfrank

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I have oily skin and it really helps keep my face matte with no irritation. The one thing I wish I could change is the packaging. While it's fine for home, I need to use a different powder for travel because I worry about this one spilling or breaking.

I usually buy this product at Walmart and it's really too cheap to pass up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by candicenicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have purchased this powder probably 8 times. I hate when I hit pan because I love it so much. The price is great (4.99 or less) and I was using Sandstorm for a while and now switched to Translucent which I prefer. Definitely my HG of powders. I use it every day to set my concealer and foundation! The packaging is not what I would love it to be, the lid always comes off in my makeup bag which sucks, but for the price, it's not really a big deal.