Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 5/16/2013 8:34:00 PM

The reviews are true. This is a Holy Grail powder. Truth be told, the packaging absolutely sucks. However, the powder provides complete coverage without being too cakey. The price is also right. I have really dry skin and this didn't make it flaky. Probably my favorite powder ever.

on 5/15/2013 9:09:00 PM

I purchased shade 005 silky beige which is the perfect shade for a medium/fair skin tone.

The powder goes on smoothly, doesn't dry out your skin and removes extra shine. It isn't a product that I wear every day but if my skin tone needs perfecting I'll use it over my foundation.

My only problem is, as often happens with cheaper products, its staying power.

Favorite drugstore powder. Great for touching up. Delivers sheer coverage and doesn't last all day, but does last awhile and it's best for touching up. Plus the price is ridiculously cheap.

on 5/6/2013 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I hate this stuff. Don't be fooled by the name. I thought this stuff would save me in times of need- but it just made my face look like baby powder exploded all over me. It was awful- I was cakey and my face looked dried out- yet I was shiny..... The packaging is crap too. Don't waste ur money.

on 5/6/2013 4:07:00 PM

Product is very cakey. Makes make oily skin look dry crackly and made my face break out like crazy. Great price but waste of money. Would not buy again.

on 5/6/2013 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

This powder is just okay. I have bought a few times in the past, but I do notthink I will repurchase, because I recently found a different pressed powder that I like a lot better.

First, I think this powder is very affordable. It is under $4 at Walmart.
My skin is annoying sensitive, and this powder does not irritate it or make me itch, which for me is huge.

Now for the negatives
First, I think it is really hard to find the right color. I have a medium complexion. The first time I purchased this powder I bought it in transparent, because I assumed that meant it would be colorless. But that is NOT the case with this powder. The transparent is NOT invisible. In fact, it was very noticeable and made me look like a ghost. The next time I purchased this powder, I bought a couple shades darker. But it still was too light and noticeable on my skin. It is pretty frustrating.

Another thing that bugs me about this powder is that it does not come with an applicator. I mean, I know powder applicator puffs are relatively inexpensive. But most other brands of powder include an applicator. I don't understand at all why Rimmel makes you purchase it separately.

This powder doesn't last very long at all. It claims to last 5 hours, but not for me. I would say it lasts an average of 2-3 hours at best. It also does not seem to do much to control shine. It is also easy to apply too much. If you do, it looks very cakey and not natural. I will not repurchase.

EDIT: 6/28/13
I have since started using loose powder and like that much better. It looks much more natural and truly is transparent.

on 5/5/2013 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Aghh shimmer!! Why would they put shimmer in a stay matte powder!!! I have one of the coloured ones and was loving it, it really does keep my extra oily face matte, but I have a serious hate of anything shimmery/glittery as I am outside a lot and when I see others with sparkles all over them I think it looks ridiculous, my personal opinion obv. But if you are indoors all day then it works a treat, would recommend if you don't mind the little sparkles, and I imagine this product would last an age, making it extremely cost effective. The translucent shade is also riddled with shimmer, bummer

on 5/4/2013 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I like this powder, so far this is the best one I've ever had and I intend to keep using this. The most important thing is it does not break out my skin. Yes, it mattes on my face but since I have oily skin eventually my skin gets oily. It's not the powder ..it's my skin :)

on 5/4/2013 4:39:00 PM

This product does keep you matte, yes; but, when I put it on it makes me look really flakey and dry. My nose begins to looks scaley, like snake skin or something and I DO NOT have a dry nose. It makes me look really cakey and I really just am not a fan. It's a bummer that I bought it even though its cheap.

on 5/4/2013 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I don't understand what's all the hype about... This is mediocre at best. Sure it is perhaps less powdery compared to other powders, provides extremely sheer coverage,using this as a setting powder still did not keep me mattified the whole day... I was perhaps matte for 3 hours tops and I started to get oily. Did not control my oilies... Do bear in mind I have oily skin and I live close to the equator line...so this may perhaps help those with little oil issues, have dry or normal skin to begin with...anyone with oily skin should skip this.... I am nc35, and I have this in warm golden? Still a tad lighter for me... But since its so sheer it's hardly noticeable...

Video Reviews & Tutorials