August 21, 2014 | 954 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Kate1011

I love this product. Its such good value for money. It says that it lasts 5 hours but I think that is last longer than that. It looks good and you do not look like u have powder on your face. Would buy again and think that this product is just as good as some high end products.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by MimiCakes88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product since I'm extremely oily. I usually put this over my foundation and it works wonders for it's price. I wish the made the packaging different so I can take it in my purse without being afraid of it opening up. Anywho, Oily skin girls try this! If it doesnt work, you didnt lose much but I'm sure it will.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Luminesque

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Cheap and very nasty indeed. This product was recommended to me as being pretty great...hmmm, not so! Although the product glides on smoothly and is matte it somehow looks like you have smacked your face into a pile of pinkish baby powder. I purchased translucent and it was far from that. Staying power was average, the packaging rubbish. I would not repurchase and suggest you stay well away from this product, no matter how tempting the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by spookibelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent. It's just okay for me. It sets my makeup and even dries up my oily lids on "no-shadow" days. However, it does not keep me matte in very hot weather- and I have dry skin, not oily! I paid about $6 at Shoppers, so for the price I'd say it's fine. The packaging is good since there's no flip-up lid that can snap off. The powder can look/feel heavy easily if you put more than one layer on. I MIGHT buy this again when I run out, if I can't afford to try a Revlon or L'Oreal powder. I would not recommend this for use in hot weather.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by bobthebird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great powder for oil-control! During the time that I used it, my skin really was less shiny than usual. However, it didn't control oil quite as good as one would've hoped.
Also, if I recall correctly, it has a rather strong smell, something I personally don't like when it comes to make-up.
When I did touch-ups throughout the day, the powder made my face a bit cakey. The packaging isn't great; if you drop it on the floor, it will break.
Overall, it's pretty good, and I would probably buy it again if I hadn't found a new product I like better.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by TisTou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's OK except its packaging. after using it in morning, my skin face is not shiny 30% for two-three hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by emilylovesmakeup17

For right now, this is my HG setting powder. I'm currently on my third pan. The first one I bought was in Sandstorm, which matched my skin tone, but then I bought Translucent and liked it much better. This powder is very good. I have combination skin, and usually only my T-zone gets oily. With this powder, it helps it stay matte-looking and not shiny throughout the day. I usually only have to touch it up once or twice. It's really cheap, and has pretty good coverage for a powder. The one thing I hate is the packaging. I've had at least three powders break because the packaging is terrible. It's also hard to travel with it, because the lid doesn't secure itself. But overall, it's a great powder! I would definitely recommend it and repurchase it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by plinkballerina

This is the perfect powder if you want to set your makeup after applying a foundation/ tinted moisturizer. However on its own it doesn't have that much coverage, but since it is around $6 at my walmart and it does the job setting my makeup i really like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by MandyMa88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product for around 5 dollars in the shade 004 sandstorm. I dont absolutely hate this product nor do i love it. It was my fault that i bought it in this shade since it is for fair toned people and im medium toned. It has a hint of color and i focus this on my nose area where it gets the oiliest. It doesnt make me have a white nose or anything and i look completely non-oily for 30minutes to 1hour. The reason why i wouldnt repurchase this is because its a pain to carry around since the lid always falls off causing the product to break and powder to go all over my makeup bag and my purse. I will try using this up and try another powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by katharineemilyox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I ADORE this product! I wear this product in Silky Beige (05 or 005) over my Max Factor colour adapt foundation in 70 - Natural and it goes amazing. I have normal skin so it keeps my skin matte as I don't go oily and it doesn't show any flaky skin because I don't have dry skin! This adds a bit of coverage over my light foundation but I love it! I normally apply it with a make up sponge but I've started using a duo-fibre brush. I'm just onto my second tub because it lasts so long! The packaging doesn't bother me, the picture isn't the current packaging so it may have improved. LOVE LOVE LOVE this product.