Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm going to try something else before I get this again, but I'll probably like this best! :) I just didn't like how it's a powder, so when putting it on, it got a little messy. And I had to do a few touch ups. But ignoring that, it's great! And it never broke me out :) Perfect price too! It's a great coverage for the few blemishes I get on my chin, and helped minimized the look of my pores. And it matched my skin tone perfectly! Will buy again =D

This was my first drug store powder and ever since buying this I began buying more and more products at the drugstore! I love this powder. This has replaced my Mac blot powder. It seriosuly does the same job but at a $4 price tag. It promises to keep you matte for 5 hours and it definitely delivers! Try it out, it won't hurt your wallet and you might just find a new love!

on 3/28/2013 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I found this powder worked just the same as any other powder I've used that was NOT meant for oil control. I normally don't have oily skin so I don't really need to worry about mattifying powder anyways, but this actually made me super oily :(

Pros:
Comes with lots of product, it's bigger than any other powder I've used
Sets makeup nicely
Doesn't look cakey

Cons:
I found it made me more oily than usual
The smell is incredibly strong, like flowery perfume or something
The lid falls off sometimes

Overall I gave it a 3 because while it doesn't control oil, it is a good regular powder and it's a really good size for your money.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: nc27-30, warm yellow undertones, oily

I used to hate this powder!! I thought it made my skin super oily but I now realized it was because of the foundation I was using back then. I love this powder as much as I love my maybelline dream matte powder, which is my HG matte pressed powder. I picked this up in the shade "sandstorm". After applying my foundation, I apply this powder using my elf studio powder brush or my posh powder brush. This powder leaves my skin matte throughout the day without having to blot/touch up often. I don't mind the scent; it has a rosy/floral/baby powder scent?? I Frickin hate the packaging. The twist up lid is dumb and it would've been nice if there was a mirror to make touch ups on the go easier. Def would repurchase!

Update (1/28/14): still loving this product!! They finally have new packaging. The lid actually snaps down now and keeps it locked. Also, surface of the powder has the rimmel crown logo. Love it! :)

on 3/27/2013 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have semi oily skin, so I wanted to get a powder that could make me matte all day. So I bought it, thinking it would be great. It was a very good powder, but about after three days of using it. I had little red bumps ALL over my face, they hurt and were very noticable. I knew it was the powder instantly. I stopped using it and the bumps went away the next day. I tried it again to see if it was a one time thing, but no, those painful bumps showed up again. So this is a good powder and all, but just not when im allergic to it.

on 3/26/2013 4:48:00 PM

This is my favourite powder of all time out of both drugstore and high end. It's amazing for the price that it is and to be honest I would pay more for it! The packaging could be better but considering the price I don't think you can complain... It keeps my face matte all day long with one quick top up and I have pretty oily skin but it doesn't leave you looking dusty or white, unless of course you cake yourself then I'm sure you will love this product.

on 3/26/2013 11:31:00 AM

I have a super oily t-zone and it can get worse throughout the day. This product keeps my t-zone nice and matte and is also a good product for touch ups throughout the day. My advice? DO NOT OVERDO IT!! It can definitely make you look cakey and can even wash out your blush or bronzer. I'm very fair and bought this in the translucent color and found that small dabs are enough. The packaging is horrible though but I put a rubber band around it when I travel because the top of the compact is so loose!

I saw other reviews about people buying it for $6 but unfortunately in Australia it costs $13 which is double the price. But this powder is so good. Sometimes when I only use concealer+sunscreen and I could just put this over my t zone and my skin would look perfect all day. The only bad thing about this pressed powder is the packaging!! It's so bad! The lid falls off easily and so not very good for traveling.

on 3/25/2013 10:25:00 PM

Works pretty well as a blotting powder, however I don't like it for setting my makeup, as the matte finish doesn't last very long. I get pretty shiny in my t zone, nothing too extreme, which is why I find it odd I have completely different results from those on here with very oily skin, must just be my skin or something, but definitely worth checking out if you're in the market for a good blotting powder, however be careful if you have dry skin, might appear cakey/accentuate dry patches (as with any powder, really)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have used other powders such as MAC blot, careblend, MUFE high def, Dior forever, Maybelline dream matte, etc. I've been loving this powder, mainly for oil control. It can look cakey if you apply too much. But for me, it really controls my oily t-zone throughout the day. Yes packaging sucks but for the price it does the job. I'm around NC25-30 and used Sandstorm. I've recently tried Translucent which works as well.
BTW, Riteaid is having 40% off Rimmel products this week so I stocked up on these for only $3.41