Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product because of its low price, and its amount of raves it brought in the YouTube community. However, I'm not fully sure where I stand with this product. At first it made my skin look cakey, but I found if I use the smallest amount it gives a just right finish. But after I finish it, that is if I can stand it for that long, I don't think I'll be purchasing it again. The packaging isn't the best. My sister has the same one and it cracked within the first week. Plus, it'd be more handy if it came with a mirror. Also, the colors they have aren't the best either. I feel like its very limited.

on 1/13/2013 1:14:00 AM

i find this product lives true to it's name. It makes my skin matte however it should be used sparsely because it does make the skin look cakey

on 1/7/2013 4:36:00 PM

Wow! This powder is great.I couldn't believe the color match & the staying power of this.Absolutely love this & hopefully I will be able to find this again in my shade =)

on 1/7/2013 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't like this product. I bought it because of all the raves on youtube. I was experiencing oily skin this past summer and it has never been a problem of mine before. I thought the powder would help. Yes, it does control oily and keep you matte throughout the day. However, it made me look cakey and blotchy but added no coverage. Really weird. It may work for someone who would just wear the powder on its on for me me it didn't work out.

on 1/5/2013 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was amazing and I loved it! my favourite pressed powder right now. I put it on with a fluffy powder brush over my BB cream and it did stay matte. but then again my skin is only oily ish on my nose and forehead. the only bad part was the packaging it would fall out in my makeup pouch but did not get crushed yet fortunately. So I took it out and put it in an antique compact i had and its perfect now. Would definitely repurchase

on 1/5/2013 6:58:00 AM

I'm new to makeup but i bought the translucent powder and i find it so far excellent! It doesnt show up on my skin as powdery and clumpy and is lightweight.

It gives a beautiful matte finish and last hours!

on 1/3/2013 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this based on some reviews here, and I believe Lisa Eldrige used it in one of her tutorials. I only paid $5 CAD for it and I honestly think it was a steal. The powder is great and sheer; not heavy at all. I didn't find it cakey and it felt very smooth on my skin. It has a really slight scent but i find it really pleasant - really subtle and kind of like a baby powder. I normally have quite sensitive skin but this didn't bother me or break me out at all.
The packaging is a bit cheap - the lid is just thin clear plastic sitting on the pan with no real closure. It came off in my makeup bag once or twice so I took to putting an elastic around it as a preemptive measure.

on 1/3/2013 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I've had this product stashed inside my makeup drawer for over 6months and just recently rediscovered it. It did give me a matte finish (my skind is combo oily) after using it over my foundation. it didn't make me look cakey and it's long lasting from my experience wearing it. will repurchase it again.

on 1/3/2013 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i purchased this product since i've heard so much good things about it. everyone said it was the best thing ever for oily skin so as it was so cheap, i had to try it. i have oily skin mostly on my nose and forehead no matter what i do and/or use so i was excited for this. well, it did nothing for me. it just stays a while and then oil starts showing and showing like i had no powder on. does pretty much nothing for me but i will keep using it since i spend my money on it.

on 1/2/2013 7:56:00 PM

i swear by this product! its really great, because its not liquid it doesnt make my skin oily, yet it manages to still not make my skin dry! its like magic!

Video Reviews & Tutorials