April 23, 2014 | 2011 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2005 12:22:00 AM More reviews by buttercupt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser, it's just the greatest thing I've come across for my normal/sensitive skin. Many cleansers are too harsh for my skin type so they end out stripping my skin of it's natural oils & leaving my face tight, dry and itchy. I use this at night and it removes all my makeup and leaves my skin soft and smooth. I don't need moisturizer after cleansing which has never happened before this product. It's easy to use, rinses clean & as far as I can tell it has no scent. I can't imagine it getting any better than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2005 7:14:00 PM More reviews by imkt

Love this. I have normal skin and this left absolutely no residue after rinsing. Completely removed all of my makeup (including sunscreen) and did not in
any way irritate my skin or break me out. HG cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2005 11:48:00 PM More reviews by lhohulin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ahh...I loooove this product. It takes off all of my makeup with no scrubbing (including the waterproof mascara), rinses clean, doesn't leave my face too dry or oily and has a very light/almost no scent. I have dry cheeks/forehead, but oily nose and chin and with thie product I don't have to use two different cleansers. I've been using it a little over a month and have no complaints.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2005 4:50:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeacali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Not sure about this product. It can't really compare to DHC in terms of cleansing power or rinsability, and I'm not sure how I feel about the fragrance. I bought the DHC version and plan to return this as soon as my order arrives. EDIT 4/22/05: I never got around to returning this, which turned out to be a good thing. I forgot how drying the DHC cleansing oil is. Also, I've been travelling for work a lot lately, and the MAC pump has a "lock" on it while the DHC doesn't, so I've been using the MAC when I travel. UPDATE 9/11/05: Stopped using the DHC completely and now use this with my Alpha Hydroox face wash every night. My skin has never looked better. I'm in love with this stuff. No leakage problems, either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2005 12:38:00 PM More reviews by rlop

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this oil and it's surprising considering I'm a person who loves foamy cleansers. Just 2 squirts of this oil was enough to completely clean eye & face makeup. It really does rinse clean after 4-5 splashes of water on my face. I hardly have to put any moisterizers after. I've experienced no breakouts and my skin seems to like it. I've noticed a slight glow "not oily" one to my face. Edit: 1 week later noticed horrible flacking all over my face that appeared very quickly. It was irritation from one of the ingredients. Sadly, will have to return.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by yoshipeach

This is a wonderful cleansing oil. I ran out out of fancl(a recent purchase from Japan. This does a wonderful job of taking off all of my makeup at the end of the day. No breakouts, just clean, smooth skin. My only complaint is the packaging. Oil leaks out of the pump and slides all over the bottle. I'm sure some oil gets wasted and it's messy on my sink counter. But other than that, I highly recommend this product.

Edit* MAC has changed the bottle since I last reviewed it and it no longer leaks. Although, they did raise the price :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2005 4:56:00 PM More reviews by muakitten

This is the first cleansing oil I've used and I ♥ it! It smells nice and works great, instantly dissolving all makeup (even waterproof mascara). I follow up with Dove Unscented Beauty Bar just to make sure I get all traces of oil off, but it rinses off pretty cleanly with plain water. UPDATE Feb. 2006: MAC has fixed the problem with the former leaky pump, and it doesn't leak at all now--yeah! I will continue to repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 11:33:00 PM More reviews by caramelhunie

This cleanser is great! It took off all the makeup on my face in seconds and it removed every trace of mascara and eyeliner and even the eye kohl on my lower rims. It didn't sting or bother my eyes one bit. And it doesn't dry out my face and leave any tight feeling. It leaves my face completely soft and comfortable. Even though it's an oil cleanser, it left no oily residue behind. I don't follow up with any other cleanser because it does a great job on cleaning my face. I love this stuff and will definitely be repurchasing again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2005 1:21:00 AM More reviews by sshine_bliss

I really, really like this product. I was a bit hesitant at first about using something with the word 'oil' in it to cleanse my face, especially since I can be rather prone to break-outs at times. However, it turned out that I had no reason to worry.

This worked like a dream - it literally dissolved and removed all of my makeup, even mascara. It's gentle enough and I liked the fact that it did not leave my skin feeling dry afterwards, as some cleansers do. I follow this with my normal cleanser, just to be sure to get all of the oil off (breakouts - sigh!), but I don't see any problems with using just this as a cleanser as it does froth up and cleanse off easily when it comes in contact with water. You only need a bit too - it's well worth the money especially when compared to Shu's cleansing oil, which is way, waaay more expensive.

Like some others, my only gripe is the packaging. It LEAKS! There is something quite wrong with the cap design because the oil just dribbles out the wrong way if I don't pump the bottle a certain way (upright, with a certain amount of pressure and not all the way down).

It would have been a PERFECT product, otherwise. Will repurchase, but am seriously considering rebottling to a more user-friendly dispenser. Sort this one out, please, MAC!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2005 4:31:00 PM More reviews by bofuz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did not work for me, ended up returning it. Thank goodness they are so good about returns. I was looking for a cleanser to remove eye makeup & cleanse face, I guess all in one cleanser. This did not remove mascara as easily as others I have used. I do not like to pull or rub my eyes. It did however disolve anything else I had on my face without leaving any residue at all. Then after using for a few days my skin was looking weird & dry (I don't understand this with an oil cleanser but it did). I normally have combo skin. The other problem was the pump dispenser made a mess unless you were very careful to hold over sink. I have read this worked for other people just not me.