August 20, 2014 | 2128 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2006 5:07:00 PM More reviews by faonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW! I have been using this as a toner for 5 days now and I can already see a difference. My skin is clearing up and is soooo soft. I am just amazed how something so cheap can work so well. It is a bit drying so if you have sensitive skin it needs to be diluted.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2006 11:53:00 AM More reviews by MermaidMinxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't buy Bagg's Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV), just a cheap regular no named ACV. I use this daily as a toner. For the first few days I was really focused on clearing up my breakouts so I used it undiluted. It can be drying so I only did that for 3 days to aggressively clear up what break outs I had. After that I diluted the AVC to 1 part AVC, 2 parts water.

I put it on my skin every morning using a cotton pad and then apply my daily moisturizer. I like Kiss My Face Alpha and Aloe mixed with a little bit of Weleda's Sea Buckthorn Lotion.

Overall, I am very impressed with the ACV. Since I have started this regimen I have not had any more breakouts. If one seems to be coming on, I just the AVC over night and in the morning there is no sign of a break out coming on. Also, I am really impressed with how the ACV is clearing up my post acne scars. I've only been doing this for about 2 weeks now and it's really making a difference. I think the alph and sea buckthorn helps too though. Another really great thing is how it seems to be clearing up my blackheads and shrinking the size of my pores. I wasn't really expecting that but I'm pretty happy about it.

The only bad thing about this product is how drying it can be for the skin but that doesn't really bother me that much. I'll definitely keep using this and see how it plays out. I hope I only continue to see improvements.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2006 12:46:00 PM More reviews by rockstarhp

This could work - I don't know. Everytime I use it, I get a craving for salt n vinegar chips so I don't think it's a good idea to continue using it!! ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by CoolBritannia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know about as a toner, but as an overall health/skin aid, this stuff rocks! I down a tablespoon of it before each meal (so basically, 3x per day) followed by a big glass of water. I sometimes mix it in w/ a glass of apple cider; it just tastes like tart apple cider then. The benefits are amazing: glowing skin, system regularity, slow safe weight loss/control, improved mood, and it's great for your kidneys and your liver. I highly recommend this stuff, and I buy it for my parents now too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2006 5:33:00 PM More reviews by tralalucy

In recent years, I've gone from having low-maintenance clear skin to breakouts, oil and acne scars. I've tried many different products with minimal success, but my beloved ACV mixture has come through in a big way! When I read about using ACV here, I just pulled out what I had in my cupboard (a several-year-old bottle of store brand ACV), and it has worked fine. I mix it 1 part vinegar, 2 parts water. I recently added 1 aspirin and shake it up each time I use it. I have been using this mixture in the morning and evening for the past couple of months, and it has cleared up the tiny bumps, gotten rid of some hanger-on zits and has given my skin a "glow." A defininte Holy Grail for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 11:02:00 AM More reviews by TiaR

screw the benzoyl peroxide and chemically loaded money-wasting drugstore brand stuff: buy apple cider vinegar for $2.00 and the biggest zit will be almost gone the next morning. (please dilute it and don't use it too much...it will become harsh on your skin. and make sure you moisturize well!!).
This works amazing on that crappy back acne as well, and if your scalp gets itchy. Oh, and if you want to cleanse yourself out, mix a bit of this with water and chug it back. it'll help with toxins in your body. it tastes disgusting...but you feel like a million dollars afterwards (just make sure you don't have adverse reactions. dilute it well, haha).

Thank you, God, for blessing us with such simplistic things that make the media look stupid.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2006 12:21:00 PM More reviews by idak

I bought several bottles of vinegar with different acidity. Unfortunately, noce of them worked for me. My skin kinda of wrinkled up with the contact of the vinegar. I mixed vinegar with honey and egg (whole) for a facial, and it made my face very tight. It's good experiment but for some reason didn't work out. I think vinegar is too harsh, no matter how you use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2006 8:20:00 AM More reviews by angmo

I have to disagree with the majority of the reviewers here. This unfortunately made my face break out. Didnt help to improve my acne. I didnt add anything to the cider except distilled water 3:1. However I am glad that this product help alot of members. Now I just drink the cider (add water and honey) hoping this will help lose the weight!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2006 1:55:00 AM More reviews by feri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This smells like washing your face with the sweat dripping out of dirty sneakers a teenage boy wore in the dead of summer with no socks on. Seriously, it smells horrific. And it works, too, so you'll just have to live with it.Bragg's ACV helps soften, clarify and generally fix up your skin. Mine is spectacularly oily and I also have to wear sunscreen every single day because I live in AZ--so my skin is coated all day with oil, sunscreen, and pollutants in our dirty air. Since my skin isn't sensitive in the least, I use a mix of 2/3 ACV and 1/3 purified water, plus 15 uncoated aspirin, and I keep it in the fridge. Whatever you do, don't get it near your eyes--it burns like hell.Using ACV every morning and night has seriously helped my skin. It looks clearer and is much softer. I use a smidge of moisturizer after using the toner and I haven't had any dryness or irritation, just soft, glowing skin.I also have fewer problems with excessive oiliness during the day if I use this in the morning before my cleanser--it helps diminish future oiliness. And after keeping it in the fridge, it's a super stinky, refreshingly cold treatment for my face in the morning. That smell helps knock any sleepiness right out of you.Who knew I'd find such a cheap skincare miracle in the salad dressing aisle of my local health food store? continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2006 5:35:00 PM More reviews by ekitney

After reading the reviews, I decided to give this a try. My skin was in bad shap due to winter, flaky and dry with oily skin underneath, and blotchy and red due to cold air.

I mixed 2/3 a cup Vinegar with 1/3 a cup water and added 12 or so drops of both lemon and lavender essential oils, and I stored it in a pretty jar on my cold bathroom windowsil.

I used this on a cotton pad, and rinsed with warm water. After a week of use, the results are striking. The vinegar toner has not only improved the oil/dryness situation, but cut down on the redness as well. I am very impressed, I thought I was stuck with a ruddy complexion for life, as my mother has this. I will definately continue to use this cheap and effective homade skincare regimine.