September 23, 2014 | 1865 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2006 11:32:00 PM More reviews by coopercat3104

I use this every night as a toner and it reall does seem to help my acne. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive skin that much. Smells bad though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 1:15:00 PM More reviews by kak513

I have T-zone combo skin that's not too sensitive, and after reading about this for a week, I just started using it myself yesterday. I picked up the TJ's version of unfiltered ACV for $2, and brewed some very stong green tea (9 packets in 2 cups of water) and mixed them 2 parts tea to 1 part vinegar. What a color! I used it last night after my aspirin/vitamin/honey mask and again this morning before any moisturizer. It certainly smells weird, but I'm getting through it. I didn't notice any tightness, and it evaporated quickly.
I usually have a big oil-blotting fest around 10am everyday, but today when I went into the restroom to grab a toilet seat cover to blot with (very handy, and work as well as any blotting paper I've ever used, plus lots of area!) much less than usual came off! I shall certainly continue to use this morning and night.
I'm also starting to drink ACV twice daily (before breakfast and dinner) to get the (albeit debatable) skin/liver/weight loss benefits. I mix 1 tablespoon of ACV in about 1/2 - 2/3 cup of very warm water with about 1/2 tablespoon of honey. I love it! I drink it in small sips, like hot coffee because it can really catch you at the back of your throat, and it's tangy and sweet and appley. I'll update in a few weeks with any progress.
It's been about a week, and I have noticed yesterday and today some little flakies around my mouth and a dry, slighty roughened patch between my hairline and right eye. Since my skin still looks great, I'm going to continue to use this, but back off to only at night. I think the combo of this underneath the bareVitamins Skin Rev-er Upper is too much.
UPDATE 2, 7/21/06: I had quit using this for a few weeks since my boyfriend mentioned that he thought it smelled gross on me, and for him to mention that is certainly something, so I laid off for a bit, and didn't really think of the lost oil-curbing benefits, or notice them. In spite of his complaints, I just began using it again, and whoa! the results are back in a matter of two days. I didn't have to blot at all today, and my makeup still looks incredibly fresh. My faith is renewed. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2006 7:38:00 AM More reviews by SummersBabies

I have only been using this for about 5 days now and I LOVE it. The smell is really bad, but I don't care if it works. I am mostly using it at night before bed just because of the smell. It's amazing stuff and I highly recommend it as a toner. I am 37 with acne-prone skin and was worried about using it because so many products break me out. This has not and if anything has really helped on the couple of breakouts I have had since starting the ACV. Highly recommend this product. I mix it 1/2 purified water with 1/2 ACV.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2006 5:07:00 PM More reviews by faonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW! I have been using this as a toner for 5 days now and I can already see a difference. My skin is clearing up and is soooo soft. I am just amazed how something so cheap can work so well. It is a bit drying so if you have sensitive skin it needs to be diluted.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2006 11:53:00 AM More reviews by MermaidMinxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't buy Bagg's Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV), just a cheap regular no named ACV. I use this daily as a toner. For the first few days I was really focused on clearing up my breakouts so I used it undiluted. It can be drying so I only did that for 3 days to aggressively clear up what break outs I had. After that I diluted the AVC to 1 part AVC, 2 parts water.

I put it on my skin every morning using a cotton pad and then apply my daily moisturizer. I like Kiss My Face Alpha and Aloe mixed with a little bit of Weleda's Sea Buckthorn Lotion.

Overall, I am very impressed with the ACV. Since I have started this regimen I have not had any more breakouts. If one seems to be coming on, I just the AVC over night and in the morning there is no sign of a break out coming on. Also, I am really impressed with how the ACV is clearing up my post acne scars. I've only been doing this for about 2 weeks now and it's really making a difference. I think the alph and sea buckthorn helps too though. Another really great thing is how it seems to be clearing up my blackheads and shrinking the size of my pores. I wasn't really expecting that but I'm pretty happy about it.

The only bad thing about this product is how drying it can be for the skin but that doesn't really bother me that much. I'll definitely keep using this and see how it plays out. I hope I only continue to see improvements.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2006 12:46:00 PM More reviews by rockstarhp

This could work - I don't know. Everytime I use it, I get a craving for salt n vinegar chips so I don't think it's a good idea to continue using it!! ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by CoolBritannia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know about as a toner, but as an overall health/skin aid, this stuff rocks! I down a tablespoon of it before each meal (so basically, 3x per day) followed by a big glass of water. I sometimes mix it in w/ a glass of apple cider; it just tastes like tart apple cider then. The benefits are amazing: glowing skin, system regularity, slow safe weight loss/control, improved mood, and it's great for your kidneys and your liver. I highly recommend this stuff, and I buy it for my parents now too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2006 5:33:00 PM More reviews by tralalucy

In recent years, I've gone from having low-maintenance clear skin to breakouts, oil and acne scars. I've tried many different products with minimal success, but my beloved ACV mixture has come through in a big way! When I read about using ACV here, I just pulled out what I had in my cupboard (a several-year-old bottle of store brand ACV), and it has worked fine. I mix it 1 part vinegar, 2 parts water. I recently added 1 aspirin and shake it up each time I use it. I have been using this mixture in the morning and evening for the past couple of months, and it has cleared up the tiny bumps, gotten rid of some hanger-on zits and has given my skin a "glow." A defininte Holy Grail for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 11:02:00 AM More reviews by TiaR

screw the benzoyl peroxide and chemically loaded money-wasting drugstore brand stuff: buy apple cider vinegar for $2.00 and the biggest zit will be almost gone the next morning. (please dilute it and don't use it too much...it will become harsh on your skin. and make sure you moisturize well!!).
This works amazing on that crappy back acne as well, and if your scalp gets itchy. Oh, and if you want to cleanse yourself out, mix a bit of this with water and chug it back. it'll help with toxins in your body. it tastes disgusting...but you feel like a million dollars afterwards (just make sure you don't have adverse reactions. dilute it well, haha).

Thank you, God, for blessing us with such simplistic things that make the media look stupid.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2006 12:21:00 PM More reviews by idak

I bought several bottles of vinegar with different acidity. Unfortunately, noce of them worked for me. My skin kinda of wrinkled up with the contact of the vinegar. I mixed vinegar with honey and egg (whole) for a facial, and it made my face very tight. It's good experiment but for some reason didn't work out. I think vinegar is too harsh, no matter how you use it.