Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 5/9/2006 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hello, perfect-looking skin! I love this foundation after a week of usage. I am broken out from a bad experience with PF Mineral Wear, and picked this up. My skin has calmed down considerably since I started wearing it, and an added bonus is that I barely get oily now when usually I'd be blotting by noon. This has light but buildable coverage, and covers my red marks left from this breakout. I have nothing bad to say about this foundation, except that I'm giving it only 4 lippies because I can't get an EXACT match, although Neutral is very close and I can make it work with good blending.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this is the only foundation that I let touch my face! my skin is extremely sensitive so it was a miracle to find this. it doesnt break me out and looks very natural, almost like I air brushed my face. I get compliments with this. I love it. the only thing is the bottle stinks. but id still buy it.

on 5/2/2006 11:26:00 AM

This could be my HG! I have this in Sand and it's a pretty close match for my skin. It goes on smoothly and gives good coverage without looking obvious or mask-like. My husband always said my other bases "look good while you're putting it on, then it starts looking funny once it's dried." Well, he gave this one his stamp of approval-and actually said this looks very natural on me! It also controls oil very well, and doesn't accentuate any lines or flakes. And while it doesn't seem to heal blemishes, it doesn't appear to cause them either. Love this stuff! EDIT: I still think this is a good product, but have since switched to Everyday Minerals mineral foundation. I find it looks more natural while still giving me the coverage I need (and it never breaks me out!).

on 4/29/2006 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I also use this in buff, I like this stuff a lot. Thats very rare cming from me because i have really sensitive skin... Since I've been using this my skin has cleared up a bit.. It looks nice and natural on, and not too matte but it does absorb a good amount of oil. I love it.. Almay is my new HG

EDIT: Had to bring it back because the S-acid was burning my face. my skin is extra sensitive from Retin-a.. otherwise its a great fndtn

on 4/27/2006 11:10:00 AM

I love this stuff! I was using a powder foundation(Inner Light from Aveda) but I found I was going through it too fast and not getting the coverage I needed. Plus it is expensive. But this liquid is amazing(and pretty economical). My skin looks flawless. The color "Buff" works well for my pale skin. It's a perfect match. I don't know about blemish healing but it hasn't caused a break out yet. I had a coupon for Almay and I am glad I chose this. I don't think I would have tried it unless I had a coupon. Yes, they could improve on the glass bottle. A pump would be great. I think I've found my new favorite liquid foundation.

I bought this b/c I'm still in search of a great fdtn. I have acne prone skin. .see a derm, and use this.. well my skin is often dry or flaky cos of the perscriptions but this seems to do well.. it doesnt make me oily. .and its nice and sort of dewy. the coverage is pretty good on a good face day.. and the packaging i use a spong and dont use a lot so i odnt have probs w/ spillage or anything. .i like this so far.. we'll see !

on 3/27/2006 12:16:00 PM

I bought this hoping for long lasting shine control, but instead it ended up making my oily skin oilier. YUCK!

Just for reference, I'm reviewing this in the new packaging with the yellow Almay logo on the front of the bottle! This foundation blends well, and it actually stays on! I put it on at about 4:30 this afternoon and at ten it was still on! The coverage is medium to me. I currently have a breakout on my chin. This helped tone down the redness somewhat, but not as well as some of the full coverage foundations I've used. I think someone with frequent breakouts might want to either buy a separate concealer or look for something with a bit more coverage. But I still give it four stars just for staying on as long as it has! From my own experience, it's hard to find a drugstore foundation that doesn't melt off in two hours! And I agree, the packaging needs work! At least put a pump on it! Overall, a great long-lasting foundation for those who want medium coverage!

on 3/16/2006 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my daytime makeup. It's covers my redness and breakouts pretty well but I do have to use Clinique concealer over the really red parts. It stays on very well and the color (Ivory) is very nice.......a bit dark for being the lightest shade but I use a self tanner on my pale pale neck to help match (I have to do this with most foundations as I am very pale). I wear a powder over it and this helps keep it from looking oily. It's not to drying either for a foundation for acne prone skin with salicylic acid in it.

I agree that the packaging is pretty bad. To stop the foundation leaking down the bottle and caking on the lid I don't shake it with the cap on. I use a sponge to apply this and I put the sponge over the top and then shake it up then replace the cap when I'm done and no mess! I'm not fond of a glass bottle either as it makes it difficult to travel with so I hope when they repackage this foundation they fix these mistakes.

I tried this after reading some reviews here and hoping that I could find a foundation that had good coverage yet didn't make my face too oily. It is good at keeping away the oil, but I didn't think the coverage was that great. It didn't really hide any blemishes I had. It blended well if you were quick about it. I would find that as the day went on my cheeks would get a bit itchy. The packaging should definately be re-made into something more sanitary like a pump. Overall I like the concept of this foundation, but found the ingredients too drying and irritating for my skin.