Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

I bought this b/c I'm still in search of a great fdtn. I have acne prone skin. .see a derm, and use this.. well my skin is often dry or flaky cos of the perscriptions but this seems to do well.. it doesnt make me oily. .and its nice and sort of dewy. the coverage is pretty good on a good face day.. and the packaging i use a spong and dont use a lot so i odnt have probs w/ spillage or anything. .i like this so far.. we'll see !

on 3/27/2006 12:16:00 PM

I bought this hoping for long lasting shine control, but instead it ended up making my oily skin oilier. YUCK!

Just for reference, I'm reviewing this in the new packaging with the yellow Almay logo on the front of the bottle! This foundation blends well, and it actually stays on! I put it on at about 4:30 this afternoon and at ten it was still on! The coverage is medium to me. I currently have a breakout on my chin. This helped tone down the redness somewhat, but not as well as some of the full coverage foundations I've used. I think someone with frequent breakouts might want to either buy a separate concealer or look for something with a bit more coverage. But I still give it four stars just for staying on as long as it has! From my own experience, it's hard to find a drugstore foundation that doesn't melt off in two hours! And I agree, the packaging needs work! At least put a pump on it! Overall, a great long-lasting foundation for those who want medium coverage!

on 3/16/2006 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my daytime makeup. It's covers my redness and breakouts pretty well but I do have to use Clinique concealer over the really red parts. It stays on very well and the color (Ivory) is very nice.......a bit dark for being the lightest shade but I use a self tanner on my pale pale neck to help match (I have to do this with most foundations as I am very pale). I wear a powder over it and this helps keep it from looking oily. It's not to drying either for a foundation for acne prone skin with salicylic acid in it.

I agree that the packaging is pretty bad. To stop the foundation leaking down the bottle and caking on the lid I don't shake it with the cap on. I use a sponge to apply this and I put the sponge over the top and then shake it up then replace the cap when I'm done and no mess! I'm not fond of a glass bottle either as it makes it difficult to travel with so I hope when they repackage this foundation they fix these mistakes.

I tried this after reading some reviews here and hoping that I could find a foundation that had good coverage yet didn't make my face too oily. It is good at keeping away the oil, but I didn't think the coverage was that great. It didn't really hide any blemishes I had. It blended well if you were quick about it. I would find that as the day went on my cheeks would get a bit itchy. The packaging should definately be re-made into something more sanitary like a pump. Overall I like the concept of this foundation, but found the ingredients too drying and irritating for my skin.

I loveee this stuff! I actually got it on clearance at target for about $3! It's a wonderful foundation. It makes you look very natural, which is a quality I look for in foundations. As for the negative reviews, I do agree the packaging could be better, but it's not horrible. The normal price of $11 is a bit high but I'll still buy it at that price if I run out. If you want to see a picture of what it looks like.....

continued >>

on 3/3/2006 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great foundation! Full coverage, easily blendable, and a great neutral, suit-every-skin-tone shades. I don't know if it actually HEALS blemishes, but it certainly doesn't irritate reactive skin. My only gripe is the packaging, which is absolutely horrendous. I can't quite explain why, but I think the problem is the cap-- it has a reservoir divit in it that collect product when you shake the bottle. That's not really a problem for application because you invert the cap and sit it on the sink while you apply. But when you put the cap back ON, the product drips down and after several applications crusts all over the top of the bottle. I don't think I have EVER taken issue with packaging but this is so bad it really deserves a mention.

on 2/27/2006 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is okay, which isn't necessarily a bad thing I guess. It covers okay, blends okay, wears okay, looks okay. Nothing really spectacular but nothing really bad either. The lightest Ivory shade works for my combo NC15 skin, neither too pink or too beige. I mostly like this foundation because of the blemish fighting properties when my skin is acting up, naturally it doesn't break me out, although I do need to add a bit of powder to my t-zone to keep it matte. My main issue with this is that it's WAY to thin and runny and the packaging sucks so it either ends up spilling or leaking and making a mess, which is just wasteful. They really should add a pump, or thicken it up just a little bit.

on 2/25/2006 8:17:00 AM

I am very impressed with this foundation. To me it is very similar to my dearly departed MK Day Radiance in oil-free. First of all I have sensitive, combo, fair skin. The shade (ivory) is an extremely impressive match for me. Decent coverage, good staying power, natural look. Now the bottle design absolutely REEKS. I can't imagine why they have such a horrible design, but I will repurchase because of the quality of the foundation. 12.00 seems too high to pay for a Wal-Mart foundation, so I try to hit it on sale. Other than the packaging I have nothing but praise for it.

on 2/21/2006 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Bought this a week ago and have been really pleased. The color seems to be right on and does not change during the day. The coverage is moderat and does not settle into my "laugh lines" and pores. I think it has helped my breakouts by drying them out, but I don't know if it actaully "heals". I use it on a daily basis and have VERY oily skin. I use an oil blotting paper one time, about half way through my day, with a little powder and I'm good to go! Very happy so far.