November 25, 2014 | 1769 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2004 2:19:00 PM More reviews by checkered_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a huge Philosophy fan, but this product is great. In about five minutes this two-step exfoliating kit leaves my skin baby smooth and glowing. You get four ounces total of product including a jar of manual exfoliant and a bottle of gel activator for $65US. Used once or twice a week this should last for months. It's not a peel or microdermabrasion so don't expect miracles, but if you are looking for a quick and effective exfoliator/skin brightener this could be what you're looking for. Unless something more amazing comes along I will repurchase, but I still have tons of product left after several weeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2004 1:20:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

Boy was I surprised by this peel!!! I generally dislike Philosophy skincare products- I have tried most of their moisturizers, treatments, cleansers, masks, exfoliants, etc. and have been very disappointed. However, this is an awesome and unique exfoliator (unlike their other microdermabrasion this products actually works!).

The first step is a vitamin C scrub. The exfoliating particles aren't jagged at all, and it smells heavenly (like vitamin C tablets). The second step is applying the activating gel. Once you rub and massage it into the skin, you feel a warming sensation (which I absolutely love) and it starts to foam up! How cool is that! After a couple of minutes, you wash it off. I could see a suble difference in my skin- it glowed more and looked more even. Also, this left my face soooooo smooth and soft! I have tried so many different exfoliators (i.e. Remede Sweep, DDF, Fresh, Origins, MD Forte, Kiehls, Arcona, and many more) and this is most effective at making my face feel clean and soft. No joke- I give this an A+++! Finally a skincare product by Philosophy that I like (actually love)!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 4:52:00 PM More reviews by LaraConn

Like many other reviews, I also received a sample of this and LOVE it! I have sensitive skin that tends to be a bit ruddy, and I'm prone to rough patches, esp. on my chin. After using this, my skin glowed and felt soft - WOW! I'm trying to swap for other samples and a full size kit now (page me!) but will likely end up buying one. The $65 price tag is a bit much, but I suppose even one microdermabrasion treatment would cost me more than that...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2004 2:21:00 PM More reviews by sunshine34

I'm using this once a week and Greatest Love, Great Mystery, Hope in a Jar (normal) and Purity Made Simple, daily. My skin is tons better but I don't know which product in particular is making the difference. I don't notice any special difference in my skin immediately after using the resurface kit - except for last week when I had been off with flu - it definitely evened out the tone and texture. I'm going to keep using it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2004 12:01:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

Rave, rave, rave for me! It beats SSC's C-extreme which has almost identical ingredients. I'm glad my curiosity pushed me into giving this a try. The raves here and over at beauty.com were just too intriguing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2004 6:38:00 PM More reviews by jmccabe

I got this as a sample from sephora.com and I loved it. It made my skin so smooth and my skin cleared up after using it a couple times (I got a few of the samples). Its really expensive though, so I may have to deal with lesser scrubs until I can afford this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2004 2:45:00 PM More reviews by rhg1

A good find. Skin feels a little dry after rinsing but skin is left very smooth and brighter, the following day and several days later glowing. Not as exfoliating as I expected and certainly not as irritating.Will repurchase if I don't get bored of the kit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2004 7:25:00 AM More reviews by beauty_junky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I dont get it. I am 35 this product has done nothing for my skin. I used it for one month straight before giving up on it. On the other hand I LOVE the Greatest Love scub.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2004 4:01:00 PM More reviews by tkaste

I love the way the texture of my 44 year old skin has changed. Much more refined, smooth and glowing. I use this once a week and the Greatest Love once a week.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2004 10:07:00 PM More reviews by hetti44

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product went straight back to the store for me. I loved the concept of being able to do a 'mini-facial/peel' at home but unfortunatly all this did was irritate my skin and break me out. Although my skin was smoother right after I used it, I woke up the following morning with bumps all over my skin, epsecially around my mouth. So, if you have sensitive skin at all, buyer beware!