September 17, 2014 | 1359 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2004 2:21:00 PM More reviews by sunshine34

I'm using this once a week and Greatest Love, Great Mystery, Hope in a Jar (normal) and Purity Made Simple, daily. My skin is tons better but I don't know which product in particular is making the difference. I don't notice any special difference in my skin immediately after using the resurface kit - except for last week when I had been off with flu - it definitely evened out the tone and texture. I'm going to keep using it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2004 12:01:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

Rave, rave, rave for me! It beats SSC's C-extreme which has almost identical ingredients. I'm glad my curiosity pushed me into giving this a try. The raves here and over at beauty.com were just too intriguing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2004 6:38:00 PM More reviews by jmccabe

I got this as a sample from sephora.com and I loved it. It made my skin so smooth and my skin cleared up after using it a couple times (I got a few of the samples). Its really expensive though, so I may have to deal with lesser scrubs until I can afford this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2004 2:45:00 PM More reviews by rhg1

A good find. Skin feels a little dry after rinsing but skin is left very smooth and brighter, the following day and several days later glowing. Not as exfoliating as I expected and certainly not as irritating.Will repurchase if I don't get bored of the kit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2004 7:25:00 AM More reviews by beauty_junky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I dont get it. I am 35 this product has done nothing for my skin. I used it for one month straight before giving up on it. On the other hand I LOVE the Greatest Love scub.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2004 4:01:00 PM More reviews by tkaste

I love the way the texture of my 44 year old skin has changed. Much more refined, smooth and glowing. I use this once a week and the Greatest Love once a week.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2004 10:07:00 PM More reviews by hetti44

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product went straight back to the store for me. I loved the concept of being able to do a 'mini-facial/peel' at home but unfortunatly all this did was irritate my skin and break me out. Although my skin was smoother right after I used it, I woke up the following morning with bumps all over my skin, epsecially around my mouth. So, if you have sensitive skin at all, buyer beware!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2004 1:58:00 AM More reviews by ZoSo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

They call this "The GREAT One", and is it ever! If you have a ruddy,uneven,or damaged skin this is it. It totally transformed my complextion! I am a believer in Vitiamin C,my other staple is Avon's V-C serum. The $$ is really worth it and you only use it once a week. Definitely would buy again, its my staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2004 7:48:00 PM More reviews by MoBurns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very effective scrub but, as noted in the other reviews, fairly expensive. It leaves your skin as smooth as "the greatest love" without the hydrating oily layer that's left behind. I wish I'd had the sample before buying the full-size product, however, because as soon as I opened the scrub, I knew I could have saved myself $65.

You can make the scrub part at home using orange juice concentrate and baking soda. I can't remember the exact proportions, but it was something like 1 tablespoon of concentrate and about half as much baking soda. I found the recipe many years ago in a health magazine. It works fine without the rapid activation gel, but since that's mostly lactic acid, a covering of plain yogurt might have a similar effect.

I plan to use this weekly until I use it up, then try the at-home version again.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2004 10:43:00 AM More reviews by peeblo

I had a two-part sample of this and was amazed. First you massage the vitamin C crystals into your skin (very warming) and then after a minute you mix on the activation gel. It immediately got even warmer and kind of bubbly. When I washed it off my face was sooo smooth. Probably the best exfoliator I've ever tried. I would like to buy the full size but from what I've heard it's unbelievably expensive! UPDATE: later that evening, parts of my skin were very red--it looked bad. But by the next morning it had faded. I also could see gunk starting to come out of my pores that was revealed by the scrub! It could then easily be removed. This is a heavy duty exfoliater that I will use again for certain but you have to know what you are getting into when you put this on your face!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No