October 24, 2014 | 1442 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

WOW this doesn't work for me. At 53, it has me breaking out like crazy and it has left my rosacea inflammed. And the creamy version doesn't really do any cleaning if you are wearing make-up or sunscreen. Maybe it works for young skin...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by toothfairy15

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my holy grail...I try others, but I ALWAYS come back to this...Cleans without stripping, leaves my skin feeling soft. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by unefleur

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I think is at the fault of my dermatologist, but this made me skin get so dry that it broke out even more.
Even using it only at night was too much for my skin.

Although I love the packaging, the way it dispenses similarly to a hand soap, that was very pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by ngr24195

I love this cleanser! It leaves my skin super soft, clean and it also helped me control my oil production. I used to have acne problems, and one of the products that helped me clear my face was this cleanser. It's very gentle, so it's not irritating, plus it's great for removing make up too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by MSUchick77

I have combination skin that gets greasy in the warmer months but I get dry patches in the colder months.

I've been using this product for about 3 years now and the largest size will last me about 6 months. If you keep an eye out for it, Walgreens will sometimes have it on sale buy one get one, or 50% off. Not too bad!

As far as cleaning, sometimes I have to use 2 pumps if I am wearing a lot of makeup or feel extra grimy, but it doesn't leave my skin dry or taut. It's gentle enough to be my year round cleanser and it does the job.

If my skin is feeling particularly dry, I will use the regular formula for normal skin.

For the money, it's a great buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by caramia6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This was recommended to me by my derm because it is very gentle and has a fairly neutral pH. Although it didn't break my sensitive skin out it didn't foam at all and did not remove any of my eye makeup. This product could only really work for me if I used a pre-cleanser first. I've tried Purpose since and like it much better!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ShiningAngel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot believe it took me that long to find this fantastic cleanser. As per the normal cleanser, this has no-foaming properties, so it might take most a while to get used to it. When I first started, it stinged a little, but that sensation was gone by the second week. It is very gentle, yet cleanses without the tight feeling. My face also didn't oil up as quickly as it would have. Pity that it's only sold at National Skin Centre in Singapore at such a marked up price.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by sarika

I'm torn on this. I use Differin at night, so I've been sticking with mild cleansers. My sensitive skin gets oily in the summer...I bought this to use in the mornings and after the gym (I wear no products on my face when I workout). First of all, the smell is a tad overpowering. I've still not gotten used to it...it smells like cheap drugstore cleanser to be honest. As for cleaning, it seems to clean well without leaving my feeling skin tight, though the few times I've used it when wearing makeup I've had to wash again. I also haven't broken out, but it did feel slightly irritating a few times. I've been using for about a month, so if my opinion changes I'll update. I would most likely not repurchase again, and may try the Clean & Clear sensitive skin foaming face wash next.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and everytime I use this it leaves my skin feeling tight and drawn. It does remove makeup wonderfully though. If I use a moisturizer right afterwards I'm OK.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by sushine

if i could i would give this a 10.
this makes my skin feel clean, i like scrubs more because the make my skin feel extra extra clean.but oh-emm-gee!
cetaphil once again never let's me down. the cleanser evens skin tone (for me at least), cleans my face ,takes of all my make up and overall this cleanser is amazing!

-sunshine <3