November 27, 2014 | 1457 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2004 3:27:00 PM More reviews by parkie13

I must say, I really really like thie product. Noticing that this product has BP in it, I was hesitant to buy it since I do not have acne. However, I do get occasional breakouts and small bumpies on my forehead when summer rolls around. My T-zone gets extremely oily in the summer as well. This cleanser has definitely decreased the oiliness of my skin and has completely elimnated all the small bumps I had earlier on my forehead. It's a bit drying on my cheeks, but nothing that a good moisturizer can't take care of. I haven't tried the mask yet...I feel that it might be a bit harsh for my cheek area. But overall, great summer product...and it smells GREAT!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2004 7:38:00 PM More reviews by evilxelf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros: cleanses well, doubles as a mask and cleanser, reasonable price, doesn't irritate my skin

Cons: gross smell, a bit hard to rinse especially in hairline

Overall: I liked this product very much, but wouldn't repurchase because I am a product junkie and have to try everything!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2004 11:17:00 AM More reviews by cocobunny

This stuff worked great initially, clearing my skin within the first week or so. However, I feel like it lost its magic over time. It's good at keeping acne at bay, but didn't work as far as ongoing treatment. This cleanser has a really nice creamy consistency, which I liked. Just be careful and wear sun protection because the benzoyl peroxide in it makes you more sensitive to the sun. This is worth a shot if you want a decent cleanser to help with any minor breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2004 8:24:00 PM More reviews by il23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is one of, if not the, best I've ever tried. Using it as a mask smooths and tightens skin. It's great for a quick fix. As a cleanser, it makes my skin tingle and really helps my acne. At first I seemed to be breaking out more but the next day, it quickly got much better. This is my HG and I will never look for anything else.

I've found that i hardly ever break out anymore and when i do, i wash my face with this and it's gone the next day.

I still need to exfoliate but this product gets a 5 from me. The only thing I have a problem with is the price. It is about 8$US for 4.2 oz. Since I use it daily, it is going to be a little expensive. But I will still repurchase everytime.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2004 6:14:00 AM More reviews by darkprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a surprisingly good product. I am a bit skeptical about neutrogena, but I needed something to help me clear out my breakouts.
I used this as a mask the first few days, and it really dried out my skin. I have normal/dry skin, so I guess that's why it wasn't a very bright idea to apply it all over my face. It did help some acne, but I was so annoyed with the flakes, I didn't care.
Now, I apply tiny dots of this stuff on my zits (mostly whiteheads) and sometimes leave it overnight. It really dries them up, and helps wonderfully.
However it does leave the area a bit flaky, hence the 4 lippies, not 5. Still, very good for a drugstore brand. And I do like the smell!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2004 12:41:00 PM More reviews by cherylk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Because of the great reviews on this website I sent off to drugstore.com to order this. As a cleanser it's a bit on the mild side for me. I have the kind of skin that is an oil slick by the end of the day and prone to break outs. I need something really strong to get rid of all that sebum and this is so-so at that, BUT as a mask it's great. Applied to already clean skin it gives a nice tingling feeling and the small pimples I had around my hair-line seemed to be significanly reduced (inflamation was down) after using this as a mask. I'll keep using it and give further feedback.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2004 4:29:00 PM More reviews by scraps

I am on my third tube of this...it is the only thing that tames my crazy combo skin.. if they ever stop making this.. I don't know what I would do if they ever stopped making this.. I use it daily, esp. in the summer months, only in my T-zone, in the morning, just to wisk away the nighttime oilies that occur..and then during the week as needed as a mask.. truly the best thing that I have ever purchased..PLEASE NEVER DISCONTINUE THIS PRODUCT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2004 12:33:00 PM More reviews by mkplvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just bought this yesterday so i will update if any problems occur. I used this last night as a spot treatment over epsom salt toner for a few hormonal pimples and it definetly made a difference. This morning i applied a thin layer all over (again on top of epsom salt toner) and then after 5 min. i used water to lather a bit and rinsed off. Pimples are barely noticable and my face looks smooth, no irritation or redness either. I'll probably spot treat with this on new pimples, and use as a mask about once or twice a week. As of now i would re-purchase this as a supplement to my regimine again for my combo/sensitive/acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2004 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Bournette

I luuurv the smell of this product, i wanna eat it! It makes my skin feel so clean and fresh. Definatley helps with breakouts and isn't drying for me. But I don't use it to remove makeup and I wouldn't recommend doing that. The mask is also amazing. I had to get this product from a friend in England 'cause we don't get it here but they better start getting it here 'cause it's the BOMB!

Ok Update: This stuff was great until I noticed how red my face got after using the cleanser. I think I'm just gonna reduce the frequency of use but I'm still gonna use the mask.I also had a major breakout lately while using this stuff but let's hope it isn't the culprit.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2004 3:20:00 AM More reviews by melyody

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great cleanser. I'm sensitive to salcylic acid, so this cleanser with the benzoyl peroxide is a lifesaver. I use it as a mask as needed and cleanser every day. One warning: make sure it's REALLY washed off your face before you dry off--I have a couple of towels that have bleach marks all over them from this stuff--but to me, it's worth it--I just have a special old towel for my face.