December 22, 2014 | 1616 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2004 12:26:00 PM More reviews by poegrl

Ouch. I used this thinking I might benefit from it once a week but the one time I used it, it made my face red. Any small blemishes that I had were extremely red. This stuff was way too harsh for my oily, sensitive skin. It does have a warning that says avoid if you have very sens. skin. I should have listened.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2004 5:10:00 PM More reviews by hot_pepper96

This is okay if you use it as a mask. I wouldn't use it as a cleanser...too hard to wash off, but it's great as a mask.

Update: 7/23/04 I'm now on Retin-A micro and that has sensitized my skin so I can no longer use this product as a mask. It leaves my skin burning and itching, but I can use it as a spot treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2004 5:16:00 PM More reviews by LanSoBold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great. It's cheap and you only have to use a small amount for an efficient wash. I was daily with this and it keeps me from breaking out. Whenever I do break out due to hormones, I just use it as a mask and the next day the pimples are either gone or have calmed down greatly. I never go a day without it now, everyone should at least try it to see if it works for them. I am not a big Neutrogena fan, but I do love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2004 3:27:00 PM More reviews by parkie13

I must say, I really really like thie product. Noticing that this product has BP in it, I was hesitant to buy it since I do not have acne. However, I do get occasional breakouts and small bumpies on my forehead when summer rolls around. My T-zone gets extremely oily in the summer as well. This cleanser has definitely decreased the oiliness of my skin and has completely elimnated all the small bumps I had earlier on my forehead. It's a bit drying on my cheeks, but nothing that a good moisturizer can't take care of. I haven't tried the mask yet...I feel that it might be a bit harsh for my cheek area. But overall, great summer product...and it smells GREAT!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2004 7:38:00 PM More reviews by evilxelf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros: cleanses well, doubles as a mask and cleanser, reasonable price, doesn't irritate my skin

Cons: gross smell, a bit hard to rinse especially in hairline

Overall: I liked this product very much, but wouldn't repurchase because I am a product junkie and have to try everything!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2004 11:17:00 AM More reviews by cocobunny

This stuff worked great initially, clearing my skin within the first week or so. However, I feel like it lost its magic over time. It's good at keeping acne at bay, but didn't work as far as ongoing treatment. This cleanser has a really nice creamy consistency, which I liked. Just be careful and wear sun protection because the benzoyl peroxide in it makes you more sensitive to the sun. This is worth a shot if you want a decent cleanser to help with any minor breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2004 8:24:00 PM More reviews by il23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is one of, if not the, best I've ever tried. Using it as a mask smooths and tightens skin. It's great for a quick fix. As a cleanser, it makes my skin tingle and really helps my acne. At first I seemed to be breaking out more but the next day, it quickly got much better. This is my HG and I will never look for anything else.

I've found that i hardly ever break out anymore and when i do, i wash my face with this and it's gone the next day.

I still need to exfoliate but this product gets a 5 from me. The only thing I have a problem with is the price. It is about 8$US for 4.2 oz. Since I use it daily, it is going to be a little expensive. But I will still repurchase everytime.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2004 6:14:00 AM More reviews by darkprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a surprisingly good product. I am a bit skeptical about neutrogena, but I needed something to help me clear out my breakouts.
I used this as a mask the first few days, and it really dried out my skin. I have normal/dry skin, so I guess that's why it wasn't a very bright idea to apply it all over my face. It did help some acne, but I was so annoyed with the flakes, I didn't care.
Now, I apply tiny dots of this stuff on my zits (mostly whiteheads) and sometimes leave it overnight. It really dries them up, and helps wonderfully.
However it does leave the area a bit flaky, hence the 4 lippies, not 5. Still, very good for a drugstore brand. And I do like the smell!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2004 12:41:00 PM More reviews by cherylk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Because of the great reviews on this website I sent off to drugstore.com to order this. As a cleanser it's a bit on the mild side for me. I have the kind of skin that is an oil slick by the end of the day and prone to break outs. I need something really strong to get rid of all that sebum and this is so-so at that, BUT as a mask it's great. Applied to already clean skin it gives a nice tingling feeling and the small pimples I had around my hair-line seemed to be significanly reduced (inflamation was down) after using this as a mask. I'll keep using it and give further feedback.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2004 4:29:00 PM More reviews by scraps

I am on my third tube of this...it is the only thing that tames my crazy combo skin.. if they ever stop making this.. I don't know what I would do if they ever stopped making this.. I use it daily, esp. in the summer months, only in my T-zone, in the morning, just to wisk away the nighttime oilies that occur..and then during the week as needed as a mask.. truly the best thing that I have ever purchased..PLEASE NEVER DISCONTINUE THIS PRODUCT!!!