December 19, 2014 | 1473 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by iLyma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the only cuticle-specific product I have ever tried, but it's been doing a good job so far. I initially bought this because I had dry, cracked cuticles and a lot of hangnails. After application, my nails and cuticles instantly feel a lot smoother and hydrated. It is a bit greasy, but I just try to keep it on the nail and cuticles so it doesn't bother me much. The smell is nice, extremely lemony, and a little goes a long way. You definitely don't need to scoop any out to use it, just swipe it on your fingertips and rub it in. I would buy it again, but i don't think I will ever need to! This tin has lasted me year and I haven't even used 75% of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it - my cuticles get really nasty (and hard, not torn for some reason) from working as a waitress.

I carry this around and when I actually remember to use it three times a day my nails and cuticles look great.

Mine is kind of grainy, but I don't mind. Also love that my hands smell like lemon vs. some kind of industrial scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by em1282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My favorite Burt's Bees product--it seems to make my nails stronger and my cuticles softer. It also does wonders on helping to fade any yellow tint your nails might have from dark polishes. And, like everyone else has mentioned, the lemon scent is delicious.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by diana6

Well, I might be the only one who doesn't really like this, but honestly...
Cons:
- hard to use; it comes in a tin, so you're supposed to scoop it out with your fingers and spread it around? it's not very soft, but rather waxy, so scooping it doesn't work too well
- greasy and doesn't dry, so you can't touch anything after you apply it
- my cuticles are still dry after a week of using it

Pros:
- I like the lemon-y smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Lurid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't see why anyone would choose chemical filled products over this.

The smell is wonderful, and feels great going onto your skin. It keeps me from getting hang nails and maintains the natural sheen my nails have. Anyone looking for a good cuticle/nail cream should really consider this.

I've watched the price climb over the years though, There are other natural oils and butters that are probably great for nails too, but I have yet to try them.

But overall, this stuff is really good.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by bibiancheng

I like its refreshing scent and how moisturizing it is. I remembered when I first tried it in the drugstore, I was just trying for fun and i put a huge amount on my finger tips, and just 2 days later, I could see stripping of my finger tips were cured! After that, i just bought small jar and use it whenever i have cuticle sticking out, i am not sure if it's a miracle, but it's definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by skittishpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! it smells really good and every time i use it, i notice my nail improve in strength and they actually grow. I just need to get in the habit of using it daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by laula

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to be honest here, I never thought I would have shelled out $7.99 CAN for some cuticle treatment...but I did. Thanks to other reviews on here about this amazing product my cuticles now look beautiful!!!

I'm a softball player and have dry hands and skin and no moisturizer could ever help the state of my hands and cuticles. Since I was a child my cuticles were dry, then I'd pick at them..and well you can imagine the rest! Since I've been using the Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream they've softened and have actually started healing!

I love the scent, it smells like Lemon Meringue Pie! And it does take a while to sink in because it's got beeswax in it, but it's worth the wait! I apply it whenever I put my hand cream on and ALWAYS apply it before bed.

I'm so thrilled with the results I show everyone my hands because they know how ugly they used to be :S. Hey, who knows, maybe I'll be a hand model soon! haha

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by MetalDevil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells great and is very hydrating. I am glad they changed the tin - much easier to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by twinx31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is ok it does make your cuticles look nice on the spot but it does not last long. Smelly really nice