Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/13/2012 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I hemmed and hawed about buying this, as I own and use palette 1. Finally caved, and I have mixed feelings about this. My biggest problem is that the two palettes are so similar. I know. One is warm two is cool. Ish. But really, not so overt as to make a huge difference. My second biggest problem is that there are too few matte shades. A beautiful dark brown nestled right next to the matte black would have been great. Also they need a "Satin Taupe" type of color in there.

On the plus side...the packaging has improved, the brush is great and a couple of the colors that aren't duplicated from the first palette are good. My suggestion to anyone thinking about this is that if you have number 1 save your money. If you want one or the other, toss a coin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I bought this palette for prom because I swatched the Naked and Naked2 palette and thought the colors were similar enough, but the Naked2 formula was better. I really love it, but there is a lot of fallout and the colors are too cool for my olive skin tone. Would have loved more warm shadows. Other than that, it's a really nice palette especially for the price. My favorite shadows are booty call and blackout. The brush it comes with wasn't really good for the shadows, but it is my FAVORITE concealer brush!

on 6/12/2012 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Got this palate for my birthday, and was very excited to finally try all the looks I have been seeing on YouTube. The colors are beautiful, great payoff, and selection. The brush it comes with is very convenient, as is the large mirror (Ive heard its bigger and better than the first one), I love how sturdy the container is. The whole package makes traveling a breeze.

Cons:
*I have tried several different primers and techniques, but I hate to admit these shadows WILL crease by the end of the day. I have the cheapo palate from ELF that has better staying power than these.

*FALLLOUT, EVERYHWERE. Some of these shadows are SO glittery, fallout is inevitable. To the point where half of it literally has fallen off your lids onto your cheeks mid day. This is a huge set back, because the shadows get all muddled together on the lid once they have fallen onto your face, and also because your face looks a hot mess with shadow fragments all over it.

Pros:
*The value of what you are getting is amazing. Each shadow on their own is about 20, not to mention the dual ended brushes sold separately are about 25 each. So, 50$ seems like a lot, but you are really getting a lot.

*The fallout can be avoided/fixed if you are willing to spend an additional 20$. TooFaced Shadow Insurance: Glitter Glue primer. I just picked it up yesterday and I can definitely see the difference in staying power as well as a ton less fallout. It is a bit pricey, but you are basically investing in the life of your palate.

I cant say if I will repurchase again or not, from what I hear these last a really long time, so only time will tell.

on 6/9/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been lusting after this for a while, and finally took the plunge. I am so happy!!!! I have warming pink skin tone and the colors are super flattering. I usually use Chanel or Dior eyeshadows and these are comparable. The palette is versitile and are both day and night appropriate. And the lipgloss which comes with it is super cute!

on 6/9/2012 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I got this product from my best friend for my birthday and I could not believe it since the price is very expensive. I use this palette pretty much every day and its perfect! I just use the brush that comes with it so its super easy and quick. the packaging is a bit starnge since the lid part is really stiff but its not an issue. This palette is going to last me forever and I LOVE it!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like the warm colors on the naked palette better. I have a hard time getting different looks using just the naked 2. I am NC 25/30 asian and I find the colors too cool and there is not enough darker colors for outer corners.

on 6/5/2012 1:16:00 AM

This product definitely epitomizes the term "Naked". The pigments presented in this palette are natural looking, and this palette definitely gives you versatile options to use during the day or night.

I've had this palette since it first came out, and I have been trying to make comparisons with this palette and the original Naked. Between the two, I would say they both are different in their own way, but I would definitely purchase this over the original if I had to choose. Why? Because I love the warm and neutral tones this palette presents, and each color complements the next.

Most of the pigments are glittery, except for "Foxy" and "Tease".

Price- Good price for 12 full sized shadows, although unlike say the inglot freedom system where you pick your own shadows your not going to like them all. But even of you only love half it's still a good price. 4/5
Packaging- much improved in my opinion from the naked1 palette, the tin case doesn't get as dirty in your handbag and the mirror is perfect for touch ups! It's also easy to pop in your bag unlike the book of shadows! 5/5
Shadows- you can tell your favourite eyeshadows by which hits the pan! I've hit the pan on the following shadows
Bootycall -great highlighter! Kind of yellow based but still works on cool skin tones.
tease- I've used this the most, I mostly use it in my crease doing natural looks
Suspect- a pale pinky shimmery brown, great pigmentation
I haven't hit pan on blackout as I have an abundance of blacks as they seem to come with every urban decay palette and I own lots, but it is a great black, good pigmentation and soo dark ! My other favourites are Busted, snakebite and foxy,
The ones I don't like are chopper which is similar to half baked (which I have about 10 of along with gunmetal...) but more orange and contains GLITTER! Which of course falls on your face and you end up looking like an extra from twilight, ydk also has fallout but not as much. The others all have excellent pigmentation! 4/5
Overall- I love this and bring it with me in my bag everyday, I would have given it 5/5 if there wasn't so much fallout on the glittery shades, I'd also like if they had more mattes ! I would recommend this product and would repurchase if I ever needed to and naked 3 wasn't out by then!

on 6/1/2012 9:19:00 AM

As a fan of the original Naked palette, I was ecstatic to try this out when I could finally order it online after it being sold out time after time. Unfortunately, whilst the quality of the shadows are, as expected, wonderful, the colour combinations are just too frosty for my NC25 skintone, and washes me out if I don't include some warmer colours from the original Naked palette also. I wanted so much to love this palette as the packaging is arguably much more practical, however if I had a choice between the two the original Naked palette is much more suited to me personally.

I can see this working wonderfully for other skintones however, but very light skintones may become washed out by this palette. I definitely can see other UD fans loving this palette, but would suggest before buying to swatch and see if the colours suit you.

I love the colour blackout for a killer smokey eye though!

on 5/29/2012 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this palette but I couldn't give it a five star like I would the original Naked palette. When I recieved the original Naked palette as a gift I was thrilled. I had been wanting to purchase it for a very,very long time ut was so skeptical because of the price tag. I fell in love with the original naked palette immediately, the colors were so unique and gorgeous. I assumed that the Naked 2 palette would also be more unique and more beautiful than the first because it was a spin off so to speak. Boy was I wrong. Don't get me wrong the colors are really pretty but I just don't see myself reaching for it as much as I do the original Naked palette. I like that the packaging is tin because it is easier to clean but I just feel like UD didn't put a lot of time and thought into this palette because it would sell so quickly and so well due to the fact that it is a spin off palette. I could see myself buying a few of the colors individually but just not as a palette again. I wanted so badly to love the Naked 2 palette.

Pros:
The shadows are pigmented
One of the darkest blacks I have ever seen in shadow form is in the palette. (blackout.)
The mirror is bigger than the original Naked palette.

Cons:
I do not like how UD put a shadow from the original Naked palette in the Naked 2 palette.
I just don't think the colors were well thought out.
It is more exspensive than the orignal Naked palette.

Overall I give the palette 3 lippies. I use it on occasion, but not enought for me to want to re-purchase it when I run out.

Popular Palettes