Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I really regret buying this palette for NZ$120. Compared to other brands, the UD glitter/shimmery shades that make up most of this palette are extremely aging on over 35 eyes without some major eye prep or eye primer base. More wrinkly show-girl than naked babe. I don't want it to come off wrinkly but I don't think its worth the extra time as I dont have to do this with other brands yet! The three matte colors are disappointing, they look muddy and chalky ash on my very fair warm skin. Not fond of the synthetic brush either, both ends are way too big and cake on too much color and don't blend well. I prefer the Sigma color palette in "Bare" as the colors are more matte, look fresher, more natural and more varied, plus the double ended brush is regular Sigma quality in the E25 and E30.

The 4 matte eyeshadows are lovely for the daytime. The shimmers are ok but they make my eyelids look a bit wrinkly so I have to use sparingly. The gloss is cute it is sheer rose pink with a minty taste. The brush I thought was horrible with these shadows.The larger blender end is a slimy synthetic bristle brush. It doesn't blend properly, just smears it around. Its way too big for my crease. The smaller eyeshadow end is meant to be a liner brush but its too big and makes ugly thick lines with not much definition. Its ok as a cream eyeshadow brush or wetfoiling mineral eyeshadows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this palette much more than the first one. I prefer the taupe-y colors this palette offers. The shadows are smooth with out any glitter fall out. Can be used for day and night time looks. The packaging is beautiful and sturdy.

i love this pallete! i love all the colors, no complaint! it has all you need to make a beautiful day look, and all you need to turn tht into a sultry night look! i also have the original naked pallete, but ever since i bouth this i no longer reach for the original! whenever i travel i pack this and i love the little spot for the brush! HG for sure!

Absolutely amazing, point blank.

I purchased this in December and can say that it truly does live up to all of the hype. I don't have naked one, but I chose this one instead because it had more colours on the lighter end of the scheme. All of the eyeshadows are super soft and pigmented, just like butter, my favorites being foxy, half baked, Bootycall, tease, and verve. It is great to experiment with different neutral looks and I also love the included brush and gloss. This palette is perfect for beginners and I highly recommend it :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The Naked 2 palette contains the perfect range of neutral shades for my skin tone, and that's why I love it! Who knew that you could create such an endless variety of looks with just twelve tiny tins of color? My only complaint is the staying power; while each shadow is highly pigmented, I find that it doesn't last on my eyelids if I forget to use a primer first. For the price we're paying, that stuff ought to stick a little better!

Also, I LOVE-love the brush that came with the palette.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love Naked 2!
I wasn't sure whether to buy it or not as I do have the first Naked palette, but I am so glad I did!
The quality of the shadows is amazing, and the colours are so beautiful! I use 10/12 of the shadows on a regular basis, and the others just on occasion and for me that is enough to make the price worth it. (:
Love, love, love it!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

After debating whether to get the Naked2 or the original Naked palette, i decided to go for the Naked2, as the packaging looked a lot better. I am so glad that i bought it, i love the quality of the eyeshadows & i've used every shade several times. Although, i wish there was more than 3 matte shades, i still love the metallic colours. I know many people complained about the brushes in the original Naked palette, saying they wish they had the eyeliner, i've got to say, i love the double sided brush that the palette comes with. I've got a full set of makeup brushes, but i find myself using the brush the palette comes with. I do plan on purchasing the original Naked palette soon, as the 2 palettes are completely different, but if i ever run out of the Naked2, i will buy it again.

this is an amazing, amazing palette for anyone who has cool tones in their skin. the formulas are buttery and pigmented and can can be blended together with ease. on top of getting a wide selection of cool toned neutrals, you receive a great quality 2 sided brush.

TIP: dip your brush (either side( lightly in water and into the shimmery shades. the colors will last longer. :)

Like a lot of other people and the reviewer below, I also lusted after a Naked palette for a long time. And when I finally decided to splurge on it, UD came out with the Naked 2 palette! LOL! Unfortunately for me the shades and colors was not flattering on my extremely yellow skintone unlike the original Naked palette. When people said this suited the cooler toned people better, they were not kidding. Because this looks amazing on my friend who has a cooler undertone. This went back to the store for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Like a lot of other people, I lusted after a Naked palette for a long time. When it came time to pull the trigger, I had to decide whether to get the original or Naked2 palette. I chose the Naked2 because it has cooler shades and more taupe-y shades that I prefer to the warmer coppery shades that are in the original Naked palette.
First of all, I definitely prefer the packaging of the Naked2. The metal case reminds me of a pencil case and is nice and sturdy.
The eyeshadows themselves are absolutely glorious. They're so pigmented and creamy. The glittery colors do have some fallout but still pretty. I like that there's a matte back as well. This was really my first foray into non-drugstore eyeshadows and I can't go back. I still buy drugstore eyeshadows but they just don't compare. Nothing I've tried is as pigmented and creamy.
The lipgloss that comes with the palette is nice. I'm not a huge fan of lipglosses in general so I could have done without it but I like the cool silicone-y tip.
My least favorite thing about the palette is the brush. The blending side is too long and sparse to be of much use. The flat end is okay but not my favorite for putting on powder shadows. I think I would have much preferred an eyeliner and/or primer potion like with the original Naked palette.

Overall, I think this is definitely worth the money. $50 for 12 shadows is about $4 a shadow. Single eyeshadows at the drugstore can easily cost the same amount and while you may get a little more product, it's rarely of as nice quality.

Video Reviews & Tutorials