October 25, 2014 | 1822 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2003 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have normal/combo skin and was worried that this foundation's oil content would be too moisturizing and cause me to be oily sooner. But in fact, it kept me matte all day and I didn't even have to use powder. I don't know if it's the same logic behind Dr. Hauschka's Normalizing Day Oil for oily skins that actually regularizes the sebum production and keeps oily girls [more] shine-free. This foundation has an awesome satin sheer to medium finish. I had been using Chantecaille Real Skin for when I want to look best and this is definitely comparable. It beats Calvin Klein, Nars, and Stila Illuminating. Definitely worth purchasing even if you do have more than handful foundations in your makeup drawer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2003 10:28:00 AM More reviews by janine100

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing Bobbi Brown's Moisture Rich foundations for about two month now and I thought that this was to be my new HG, favorite, best-in-show-your-face foundation, but I tried the sample of Vitalumiere in a magazine and WOW!!! The sample color was way too dark so I went to the Chanel counter and the SA gave me a few samples of my shade which I've been wearing for a good week. This is a royally big WOWWEE for anyone with driedup apple faced skin. I'm pretty sure this foundation is made for mature skin but it's awesome for anyone with really dry skin as mine is. This stuff gives me an extraordinary satin smooth dewey surface, the liquid blends, almost sinks in to my skin so there are absolutely no visible lines (while I have a harder time trying to smooth BB's lines out), did not break down on me, and did not accentuate the fine lines under my eyes, even by the end of the day where as BB's MR tends to look look cakey by the end of the day. My biggest fear, because it leaves such a dewey finish is that I would break out (esp my chin) in little bumps that sometimes happen but I haven't broken out from this at all!!! One of my colleagues said she wanted to "touch" my face because it looked so soft and smooth. This is a SUPERIOR sheer-medium finish foundation for super-dry faces. Greasy girls should stay away as this may make you look like an OPEC distillery. Now the downer: $50 for 1 oz. Need I say more?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2003 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Mary R.

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with everyone's descriptions about this magnificent, pricey (but well worth it) foundation. I used to use Agnes B youthful foundation, a less expensive French brand owned by L'Oreal and targeted toward older women with dry skin like mine. At the end of the day, during Chicago winters, all the foundations I tried would literally flake off by the end of the day, leaving my skin chapped and exposed to the elements. I'm an outside sales woman. Since switching to Vitalumiere creme, my foundation lasts all day--incredible! And it still looks moist and refreshed. I liked this so much, I switched to Chanel skin care too. Honestly, you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2003 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have Chinese olive skin and finding a foundation to match my skin tone is really hard! This is a really good foundation. It feels luxurious on the skin, it's sheer, light and the coverage is perfect for summer, and in winter it looks really natural. I used to use Clinique superfit but I've converted to Vitalumiere now, it's such a perfect foundation, the colour is so natural (it's v.easy to make olive skin look orange). The packaging looks posh and expensive. The price is £22 in the UK, but is well worth it. I'd definitely buy again. The only thing I don't like about this is that when I put it on, if I feel I need more coverage I put another layer on, I find that it sits on top of my skin and you can see where you've tried to put it on, similar to when you're painting on a wall and sometimes you can see the brush strokes. Putting it on with a sponge gives perfect coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2002 1:25:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

This is a wonderfully luxurious, moisturising liquid foundation ideal for normal-dry or combination-dry skin types. It leaves a satin finish, quite dewy but not greasy. The texture of the foundation is unbelievably silky, and melts into the skin, giving a natural, pretty glow. The coverage is light to medium, and quite buildable. I have combination skin with dry cheeks and a t-zone prone to oiliness, so I'd recommend using a mattifying product underneath in the t-zone area. Overall though, this a beautiful foundation, very luxurious and easy to use, and the gloss bottle and pump dispenser packaging combines elegance with user-friendly design. Provides SPF 8, 30ml for AU$82.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2003 3:47:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

This is a fab foundation, especially for dry or combination to dry skin types. I have combo skin, and it does get somewhat shiny on my skin by mid-way through the day. But I combat this with blotting tissues and loose powder, and it makes a wonderful foundation.

The texture is an amazingly silky, almost silicon-like feel. Light and sheer, but with good coverage and nice pigment. Plus, the shades are all neutral to yellow toned- no nasty pink or orange hues here. The overall effect is moisturising, and glowy- gives the complexion a real light. The pump packaging is fantastic- elegant as well as being practical. And it's got SPF, which is essential for me. I'm a PPP-LLL skin tone, and I usually wear MAC NC20, and I wear #10 Limpides in this. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2003 6:59:00 PM More reviews by BEVERLYS

I can only use the lotion form, the cream form looks fantastic in a luscious pot, but was way too emollient for me. The lotion form comes in a pump bottle - nice and hygenic, and is perfect for my combination skin. It slips on with a silky texture and is really smooth to the touch. The light coverage it gives is fantastic for every day use. Thumbs up! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2003 2:52:00 AM More reviews by grapekitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great foundation for combination or dry skin types. it goes on really smooth and satiny. it makes my face look like its just glowing! The only problem i have with this product is that on my oily days this foundation is too much. Thats when i use the double perfection fluid!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2003 3:23:00 PM More reviews by littlebabynothing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is great.It's one of the best I've tried for my dry skin. Good colours, nice texture with medium coverage. It´s easy to apply and it comes in a pump bottle. Also contains spf 15. UPDATE/ Im taking one lippie off. This is very heavy for my skin but still very good... It only works during winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2002 10:03:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I have been wearing this foundation for a week now and I have to give it high marks. The color choices are nice and neutral, and the finish is gorgeous. They call it a satin finish and this did look somewhat like satin on my skin but overall it just gave a healthy well-rested look to my tired, stressed skin. It was moisturizing to my dry sensitive skin and the sunscreen did not aggravate it. Plus, it felt like I was wearing nothing but the polished look lasted the entire day--14+ hours. A trifle pricey at $55.00 a bottle but well-worth it in my opinion as it rivals Chantecaille FS, my other favorite. If you have n/d skin, it's a must try this winter.