October 22, 2014 | 1817 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by artisticbeauty65

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Packaging: The packaging is cheap plastic with diamond shaped detailing along the lid. The plastic is somewhat see-through. There is a window on the top of the lip butter that lets you see what is inside, but that is also plastic and looks more cheap than the rest. Has a twist-up tube like a lipstick. Also has a sticker on the bottom to tell you the name of the lip butter, and to give you a preview of the color (though it's not completely true to the actual color).

Lastability: These last about 5 minutes for me. Most lip products come off when I eat or drink, and some stay on when I don't. This one, without licking my lips, rubbing them, or eating/drinking anything...lasted about 5 minutes. And they always only last about 5 minutes before they start to feel like there's nothing there (and there is, but it has faded). They completely come off within about 30 minutes. I am not over-exaggerating.

Texture: They are creamy and go on feel like a mix between a lipstick and a lip gloss. Almost like putting butter on your lips. (how appropriate).

Color-payoff: The color is intense on most shades. They are not sheer by any means, so you have to apply it as if you were applying a lipstick, not a sheer balm.

Etc: When I got my first lip butter, it had melted in my pocket. It didn't melt like all over my clothes, but the product did move and squish all over the tube. Haven't had that problem with the others.
Color Selection: The selection is great. They have a lot of colors to choose from...but...
Advice: Be careful in choosing your colors. There are some that look like they might work for you but then when you put them on, they don't look right. This happened to me with my first one. It made me look strange. This is a shortcoming of not having testers, but some stores do have them.

And..Using these has made my lips somewhat dry. There are ingredients in lip products that make you become addicted to wearing them. By that I mean, you always feel like your lips are dry so you add more product. Well I think this is one. Just be aware of that too.

Overall: I think these only deserve 3 lippies. They dry out the lips, but have good color, but don't last long. Hope this helps :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It really rocks big time. It feels like a Satiny-cocoa buttery feel. It has maximum stregnth and staying power. I like that is is kinda new. It got it at Walgreens in Candy Apple, and I got curious when something new comes out. I must try colorburst and Colorstay I was thinking. So I baught everything. This color is subdued and subtle,a nd I like the texture, feel, smell, power, and more etc...........The Loreal and ColorStay ones are better, but this isn't far behind. Beyond this lipstick, it has a glossy finish and is high shine

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by chelsea8499

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My new go to lip product. I ordered candy apple and peach parfait from the ulta website and i LOVE them. They are much more pigmented than i had expected and they're super moisturizing. Candy apple is my favorite because it's a very wearable red. Peach parfait has some shimmer to it and it looks great with my fair skin. I'm looking forward to getting more shades. They are a staple in my every day routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Suaroi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This Product is really wonderful. its really pigmented and it has many color,and i really do recommend to buy this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Iris0515

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

What can I say for this lovely lipstick? The #15 Tutti Frutti is the bset lipstick that I hv ever had! I lk collecting lipsticks of different kinds of brands. Most of my lipsticks are Department cosmetic brands ex. Chanel, Dior, YSL... I bought this cuz I found so many beauty gurus using it on YouTube tutorial videos. The color is kind of orange with a little bite pinky. Perfectly matching my skin tone. It can be smoothly brushed on your lips and keep stays for nearly 3hrs ( even after I drinking water).I really recommend u try this production! It can change u impression of the drugstore brands quailities. Lov it !

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by poikilotherm

Great lip butter, but not worth the hugeee hype. I would buy it again. To me, it is just a really nice lip product - definitely not a HG or the best of all time. It's creamy and pigmented. If you're looking for those qualities, you'll be satisfied.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I caved to the hype and bought one of these in Berry Smoothie. I'm NC15 with pretty decently pigmented lips, for reference. If you deepened my natural lipcolor a few shades, it would be Berry Smoothie exactly. So the shade I have looks great, and I wear it all the time. I like the texture. The longevity isn't great, but it has the word "butter" in the name, so I wouldn't have expected long wear time in the first place.

I took off one lippy because these aren't that hydrating, at least for me, in the shade that I have. I still have to wear a balm underneath, and combined with how balm-like these are in texture, it really sheers out the color. It's still prettty though.

I would repurchase the shade that I have just because it's such a nice every day color, and I'd also be open to checking out other shades. These aren't the be all and end all of lip products, but they are pretty, and relatively inexpensive. They're worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by hissy

Color selection, pigmentation, feel, texture, and packaging are all great. However, within a few days of daily use, I found my lips were very badly chapped.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had to edit my review after giving this product another chance. If you like Clinique's Lip Butters, this is a very comparable product in terms of coverage/feel, at half the price (with BOGOs and coupons more like 1/4 the price). For me, the dealbreaker is the cheap-looking packaging. I'm too old to take something like this out in public - it looks like makeup for an 8-year-old girl. I bought this in Pink Truffle, which is a work-appropriate pink with a touch of brown, as well as Red Velvet, which is a deep red.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by groovinchic

I have several of these - maybe six or seven? I love some of them and like the rest. Over the past six years, I've become obsessed with high end lipsticks (YSL and Guerlain particularly) so I was surprised when I felt interested in trying these out. The first one I bought was Cherry Tart and I fell in love. I tend to really love the more pigmented and darker ones (Cherry Tart, Red Velvet and Fig Jam are my faves). I bought Peach Parfait because the color was so pretty, but I don't think that does many favors for my super pigmented lips; for some reason, it doesn't show well and doesn't last long, while the others do.

FYI - These are very popular as thank-you gifts for some of my younger (20s) coworkers!

I generally do like these, and hope Revlon comes out with more.