July 25, 2014 | 1275 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by lmoore

I do like this product, I just can't find a color that works for me. The first one I bought was Strawberry Shortcake, which was WAY too pale/pastel for my skin. One of my favorite bloggers uses that shade, and it looks great on her though. I will keep looking. I do like the consistancy, and love the packaging!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Oh, after all the hype I confess that I have yet to find a color that just wows me. The consistency of the lip butters is nice but the color is vibrant enough that you can't apply it like a balm so.....you have to treat it like a full blown lipstick and worry that it could end up making you look like a clown if not applied carefully. Now, that isn't what makes me give these an average rating - its just that they are average lipsticks. Nothing that special - but well marketed, I'll give you that!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by vpivoine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm NC25 and have pigmented lips. I'm in love with this lip butter in 015 Tutti Frutti! This is an orange color without any shimmer.
I always loved orange lip colors since they go well with my yellow undertoned Asian skin. However a lot of them become more red instead of orange when put on my lips. This lip butter blends well with my own lip color and shows as a lovely orange brown, and it's very moisturizing, yet it doesn't come off easily and gives a juicy but not oily finish.
I'm totally sold. This is now officially my HG. (one other lipstick I love is Korres mango butter in 47 orange brown, however it's discontinued and I can only get it on ebay. It has more brown in it and the finish is more natural and not as vibrant.) The packaging isn't that great but who cares. I hope they never discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by MontanaSnowflake

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Don't care for the packaging, it feels cheap but the product inside sure isn't. Perfect....for sure need more shades!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I have the WHOLE ENTIRE collection, ALL 20 colours!
I sound like a total junkie, but in my defence the seller offered me such a great deal on shipping and didn't charge over inflated prices on these.
Australia doesn't have these yet, so I got no option but to search eBay for these. I purchased mine from a fantastic seller of eBay. I paid between $5.95USD-$6.95USD, I didn't get ripped off, because on Youtube and MUA.com people are paying relatively the same prices as well.
The colour selection is incredible, and I seem to like every single one so far in terms of colour, even though there were some I thought I wasn't going to like. The colours are sheer? I don't think so, I honestly think these are quiet pigmented for what they are. I had colours, that I thought would never show up on my pigmented lips, looking beautiful and vibrant on my lips, definitely in my opinion not sheer or not as sheer as they are portrayed.
Quality, they are not all that moisturizing in my opinion. Korres lip butters are moisturizing, these Revlon Lip Butters are so so.
I think these are new, affordable, fun colour selecttion with great pigmentation and long lasting that's why they are all the rave at the moment, besides that in terms of lip balm/moisturize, these really don't do much. I do kind of like them, especially the colours, and thank goodness they dont dry your lips, and aren't heavily scented. Always handy in your bag!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by HolyPeas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's been said 100 times but this stuff is amazing, I will be purchasing more colors

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Baaamx32

Pro's: Many color choices, good packaging, color payoff, moisturizing
Con's: More expensive than I would've liked

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Debi3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just a CVS coupon to use on these and so I got on here to check out colors first. I have Sugar Plum, and I like it pretty well. After looking at reviews I decided to test it out to see if it lasts through eating, so I put it on, had chili, and went to see how it looked. I have pale lips and they were stained a plummy color definitely darker than my lips, but basically it was gone. I honestly don't think any lipstick lasts through eating though, so I was surprised to see the light stain remaining. I am going to get one of the reds for my daughter. She has the CG naturluxe red and if you lick your lips one time it is almost gone, so this will be an improvement. I think a sheer red looks better on her than a regular lipstick and doesn't involve liner , blotting, etc. I have the loreal balm in the darkest color, a plum, and I like it ok but it seems greasy compared to this and does not last very well at all. I use it at night just to not waste it. I like this better than Fresh Sugar Rose, which surprised me. Fresh is too expensive for what it is, and doesn't do much for chapped lips. The Dr. told us to get plain Eucerin cream to go around my daughters lips when they were chapped and she was little and licked around them constantly and had a big red chapped ring around her lips and every lip balm I tried did not help at all and I have used it ever since. It got red of the red ring with about 2 applications. Anyway, I think these balms work well as a basic moisturizer, but are not going to do much if you are skiing or something and really need protection. I may try the clear lip liner trick one of the reviewers had used if I can find one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by gabie1

i love these. i have a few of them and they are more pigmented than i thought they would be. cute packaging. i dont remember the lasting power (i dont go out much so i dont do my makeup often) these are great

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by supeya

I have it in 4 colors, berry smoothie, rasberry pie, red velvet, and brown sugar. All of them is very moisturizing except for brown sugar. Brown sugar can be used as a nude color for brown to darker skins. Red velvet is the perfect red color that I think will match every skintone. This product is sold as lip butters, like balm. I will describe it as a moisturized lipstick. I love the texture and the color selections of these. The price is a bit high for being a drugstore product, but then I feel the quality of the product is no less than a higher end product. Overall, very pleased with these lip butters.