July 29, 2014 | 1972 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very pleasantly suprised by this mascara! If you are looking for length and definition and are willing to sacrifice a little bit of volume then definitely give this mascara a try. I have long and somewhat sparse lashes that grow in all different directions. If a mascara formula is too wet or the applicator brush is not defining enough then I am in clump city! I have never had good luck with the newer toothy soft plastic wands, but this one seemed different. I liked the football shaped head (reminded me of MAC Mascara X) and it seemed denser with bristles compared to others I've seen. Well it turns out that this brush works wonders on my lashes! Combs and coats my lashes very well with absolutely no clumpage. I think the formula is pretty average however. I usually use MUFE Smoky Eyes or Too Faced Lash Injection and this has nowhere near the thickness or pigmentation...but the trade off with these mascaras is that my lashes can get spidery and clumpy if I'm not careful. If I take my time and build up 3 coats of One by One then I can get pretty decent volume. I do love this mascara overall though because of the length and definition. Its a great everyday mascara....I'd actually say its a good drugstore dupe for MAC Mascara X! I have not experienced any flaking so far but that is usually not a problem for me with any mascara. If you are looking for big volume and drama I would look elsewhere. I am actually going to try using the wand from One By One in a Falsies tube - that could be amazing!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ryan1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like this mascara. I dont think i love it. I use it everyday at the moment. Does not smudge or flake no clumps. But i dont feel like i get enough volume from it the end look is good but i feel it could be better. I would repurchase it cuz i do like it but its not HG material for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by jess517

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ohh, Maybelline. What's wrong with you lately? :( It makes me sad, really...like with The Falsies, I had high expectations for this mascara. And, to my disappointment, it didn't meet them. When I saw the brush, I thought, woww, this is gonna work great!! ...yeah, I thought wrong. I have somewhat long lashes, but this mascara just doesn't make them look great:/ I was expecting it to atleast make em look thick, but it didn't. It just added darkness... As I said on my last mascara review (for The Falsies), i'd rather stick with Colossal Volume Express.That actually works, unlike One by One.

UPDATE: I still had my tube of One by One in my make up bag, so I decided to give it a try yesterday...OMG!! It worked so much differently than before!! My lashes looked amazinggg!! They were long, separated and full!! I don't know exactly what prompted me to try it again, but i'm soo glad I did!! I'll admit it, my first answer was wrong...i'm actually very happy with this mascara. Sorry for the harsh words, Maybelline:)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by cessica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

After the utter catastrophe that was the Falsies, I was sure that Maybelline would redeem themselves with this. But again, they just didn't deliver.

This was clumpy and smelled terrible. The only way I can describe it is like a cheap shampoo. All chemical. Ugh.

Whilst it dries quite quickly, that only makes matters worse as you don't have time to clean up when it smudges and clumps together.

Dreadful product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by rororoboat

When I saw this advertised, I could NOT wait to get my hands on it. For me, volume AND definition are a MUST, and this mascara promised both. And then... harsh disappointment. I find it strange that so many people liked this. For me it clumped HORRIBLY. I had 9 sticks for lashes. I only let it keep two lippies because it gave me really nice length. But it is most certainly not a replacement for my current HG; Covergirl LashBlast Fusion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

This is marketed as a volumizing mascara....not really seeing it.

While it's not a bad mascara, it's just not that great. It does nicely separate & define my lashes, but again, the volume aspect was lacking. After 2 coats there was a bit of volume, but nothing compared to my CG Lashbast.

I also don't really like Maybelline mascaras in general (with a few exceptions) because the formula tends to be a bit wet and has a weird smell.

The brush also does nothing spectacular, although I must admit it defines the lashes well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by MyLuvrs

I like this more than any mascara I've bought in many years. I look for a volumizing mascara that doesn't clump and separates the lashes, and this does the trick.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2011 4:13:00 AM More reviews by OhErykah21

Lovely ♥ lovely.. This mascara is good.. I myself haven't encountered any problems with it! So I'm pretty happy.. But for a more dramatic cute look, applied three different types of mascara. I tried stiletto, Falsies, and this one. How do I do it,? I apply my first coat of let's say stiletto, (you can start off with whatever works with you) then after few coats before it dries I coat my lashes with flasies, then after that give it a few more coats with thismascara! Taa daaaaaa :) "-_-" beautiful.
Please let me know if this was helpful to you in any way : >

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by vampireluv14

let me first start off by saying that i love love LOVE the packaging of this product, its just too cute.! next i'd like to tell you all that this mascara is to die for! it lengthens all your lashes while it still adds volume to them! what more could you ask! i have the color blackest black which truely lives up to its name. i havent had any issues with it flaking or smudging which is great of course. so go out and give this product a try! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by sunflower9321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

OMG! I am in LOVE with this mascara! It does everything: it separates my lashes really well, it doesn’t flake or clump, it makes my lashes look longer and gives a lot of volume. It is also the only mascara I ever tried that can keep my impossible-to-curl lashes curled. I can put on one coat for a more natural look or two coats for a more dramatic look, but one way or the other, my lashes look AMAZING! I really recommend giving this wonderful mascara a try. You won’t be disappointed!