Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 1/11/2012 11:15:00 AM

This goes on really light, feel like you're not wearing any foundation at all but it does give light coverage to buildable medium coverage. A lot of my peers complimented me a natural look, and has a brightening effect as well. Though it doesn't provide a dewy look, it does help people who are looking for a matt effect. It smells really nice as well as like all Chanel products! Doesn't aggrevate my sensitive skin as well.

The only bad thing about this is just the packaging. It looks cheap in a plastic container as compare to the glass one. But on the bright side, good for those with butter fingers! 30ml can last me more than 1 year! I used it almost everyday, mon-fri definitely.

on 1/6/2012 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The Chanel sales associate was very generous and gave me 4 packets each of B10 and B20. I tried the B20 and it was too dark (I am VERY fair!), so I tried the B10--PERFECT match! I am fortunate enough to have very good, clear skin to begin with, so I do not need a ton of coverage. I just need something that will give me enough coverage to look polished, and VLA does exactly that. It honestly looks as if I have no foundation, a "more flawless me" as it were. When set with Chanel loose powder, the look is amazing. I read in some reviews that Chanel foundations tend to oxidize and turn orange after a couple of hours, but I have not had that problem. Another thing I love is the lightweight (unbreakable!) package, although it is a bit of a pain to have to shake it for 30 seconds or so. But 30 seconds is worth it for my skin to look this perfect! All in all, I do think I have finally discovered my HG foundation! I will definitely be buying this again when I run out.

on 1/2/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

First off I'm around an NC37-NC42 in Mac (More reference Maybelline Dream Smooth mousse in 255/Bare minerals TAN), but since it's Winter I'm in the NC37 area, and the color B40 matches me perfectly, I'm just afraid because there's only one darker shade after my current one and I'm not sure if it'd match me in the summer. So the range kinda sucks. This foundation is pretty light coverage, it's buildable though so nbd. I feel the highest coverage you can get with this is medium with 2 layers. It's a little annoying shaking up the bottle every single time and when it's brand new it's difficult because the nozzle leaks when shaken too much because there's so much product in there. The finish is natural, not really dewy and not super matte. After I set it with powder it looks very polished but not unnatural, I love how light and even it looks on my face. It has so-so staying power pretty normal to me but maybe that's just cause I don't have oily skin. I love this foundation because it is perfect for daily use, very lightweight and just the perfect coverage for me, I don't need a heavy coverage for everyday. It doesn't give an absolute flawless skin look because your skin isn't 100% covered but I know if you use it with concealer you could have a perfect looking face. Oh and the smell is amazing! Smells so luxurious and expensive and a hint of sunscreen. The texture should be light but not so liquid-y when shaken up and it just blends beautifully and effortlessly blending and sinking/melting into your skin. The packaging is a love/hate it's hard to hate the classy and elegant and expensive style of Chanel with the logo, but the plastic bottle kind of ruins the expensive feeling and the nozzle can get messy and leak sometimes. I'd recommend this to anyone if you're looking for an expensive light natural polished look for everyday, if you don't have a small budget and if you don't like heavy cakey foundations this is for you! (: Hope this helps.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a really beautiful foundation and worth the money paid. I keep several foundations in my arsenal and use this one when I'm going for a glowy, natural look. It goes on smoothlyand smells great. It's buildable so you can put on more and get more of a fuller coverage look. Definitely recommend this!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've finally found my HG foundation!! I have very dry skin and this is the first foundation I've found that doesn't give me flakies, look cakey, or separate on me after a few hours. It's the most natural looking foundation I've ever tried and it's been hard using different foundations since I've discovered Vitalumiere Aqua as nothing looks anywhere near as good.
When I first went to a Chanel counter to try it out, I had windburn on my face from being on a motorcycle a few days prior and my skin was incredibly dry and flaky. It was even more embarrassing since my MAC foundation had only highlighted it.
When the Chanel SA tried Vitalumiere Aqua on me I was shocked to notice an instant improvement in my skin's texture. I was sold immediately and shamelessly doled out the $48 CAD for it. I swear it's worth *every* penny.
The first ingredient is water, so it separates a lot and you have to shake it very well before every application. It's very watery so I apply it with a paddle brush, which works flawlessly for me. The only downsides are the poor colour selection and the fact that the packaging is plastic. For Chanel and the pricetag you'd expect something a little more luxurious, even a lot of drugstore foundations come in glass containers.
I purchased this in July and use it at least four days out of the week, it's now December 31st and I still have about a third left! Considering how long it will last you I don't think the price is too steep at all. I highly recommend this for everyone.

on 12/28/2011 10:52:00 AM

I fell in love with it when I tried it. My skin looked balanced and I loved the natural glow it gave me. I used it for a week and it made me break out so badly on the chin area. I loved it so much, I didn't think it was the Chanel foundation, kept on using it for another week. Then it got so bad I had to quit using it, my skin got back to normal in a week. I'm afraid it's a big no-no for acne-prone skin.

on 12/28/2011 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Absolutely love this foundation! Gives a natural yet flawless look that evens the skin tone. Perfect for dry to combination skin that glides over any dry spots without flaking. Even though it is an expensive product, it is well worth the money as it lasts a good amount of time. You will need a concealer if you have any blemishes with this as it is a light foundation and doesn't cover everything but if you're looking for a natural finish that is semi-matte then this would be great for you.

on 12/27/2011 5:00:00 AM

This foundation has a very light texture, it does look very good on the skin. My skin is dry, and I am pleased Vitalumiere moisturizes it.

on 12/26/2011 5:08:00 PM

I wear this makeup for only couple weeks and I would definetly buy it again! I used to change my makeup alot because I didn't really found THE ONE for me but I think that Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (I took B10) is the ont for me. I have a (very) fair skin tone and I have a sensitive-oily skin that sometimes have redness and the makeup helped me cover it all up!
furthermore, I really didn't feel the makeup while it was on me, and that was great! I used to have MAC makeup ,and don't get me wrong - i love MAC products, but it was uncofortable to put it on my face - I felt like I put color on it.

The only slightly bad thing I have to say - but it really is nothing - when I went running -most of the makeup didn't maintain on my face. I don't think it is odd I just wanted to mention it if someone here think this is important that the makeup will be maintained after sports activity :)

In conclusion (I'm starting to feel like I am writing an essey..) - I DO recommend to go and buy this product :) It saved my world since now I don't look like a clown when I'm going to school ..

Oh and about the price: DEFINE expensive... - If you want the perfect cover - don't pay attention to the price. it always worth it. no matter what beauty product you are talking about.

xx

on 12/24/2011 12:29:00 PM

At first I was on the fence about this foundation. I felt like it was a little too shiney and did not offer enough coverage. I decided to try topping this foundation with a dusting of MAC MSFN with my 187 brush and it gave a little more coverage and took care of excess shine while leaving a dewy glow. It's nice that it is a little cheaper than the rest of the Chanel foundations. The packaging is convenient for travel, but I expect fancier packaging for the price from Chanel.