Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 12/28/2011 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Absolutely love this foundation! Gives a natural yet flawless look that evens the skin tone. Perfect for dry to combination skin that glides over any dry spots without flaking. Even though it is an expensive product, it is well worth the money as it lasts a good amount of time. You will need a concealer if you have any blemishes with this as it is a light foundation and doesn't cover everything but if you're looking for a natural finish that is semi-matte then this would be great for you.

on 12/27/2011 5:00:00 AM

This foundation has a very light texture, it does look very good on the skin. My skin is dry, and I am pleased Vitalumiere moisturizes it.

on 12/26/2011 5:08:00 PM

I wear this makeup for only couple weeks and I would definetly buy it again! I used to change my makeup alot because I didn't really found THE ONE for me but I think that Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (I took B10) is the ont for me. I have a (very) fair skin tone and I have a sensitive-oily skin that sometimes have redness and the makeup helped me cover it all up!
furthermore, I really didn't feel the makeup while it was on me, and that was great! I used to have MAC makeup ,and don't get me wrong - i love MAC products, but it was uncofortable to put it on my face - I felt like I put color on it.

The only slightly bad thing I have to say - but it really is nothing - when I went running -most of the makeup didn't maintain on my face. I don't think it is odd I just wanted to mention it if someone here think this is important that the makeup will be maintained after sports activity :)

In conclusion (I'm starting to feel like I am writing an essey..) - I DO recommend to go and buy this product :) It saved my world since now I don't look like a clown when I'm going to school ..

Oh and about the price: DEFINE expensive... - If you want the perfect cover - don't pay attention to the price. it always worth it. no matter what beauty product you are talking about.

xx

on 12/24/2011 12:29:00 PM

At first I was on the fence about this foundation. I felt like it was a little too shiney and did not offer enough coverage. I decided to try topping this foundation with a dusting of MAC MSFN with my 187 brush and it gave a little more coverage and took care of excess shine while leaving a dewy glow. It's nice that it is a little cheaper than the rest of the Chanel foundations. The packaging is convenient for travel, but I expect fancier packaging for the price from Chanel.

on 12/22/2011 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wear BR-10. I shopped around extensively for a good foundation before I purchased this one, wore samples of every foundation imaginable for the girls at work, and this one won in a landslide. This foundation won out primarily because of the color. It was the closest match to my skin. It also makes my skin look radiant. There is a definite wow factor.

Skin: I have very dry skin, but suffered from breakouts around my mouth and sometimes in the rest of my t-zone from cream-to-powder foundations I had used. I had been going on 5 months of a terror chin by the time I chose this foundation. My skin has improved dramatically thanks to the foundation change as well as Retin-A. Both have contributed. I got lazy for a week, didn't want to apply this foundation, wore a backup Revlon that I can apply with my fingers quickly, and my skin flared. I'm 31, and this is the first time I've ever had acne issues.

Application: I must use a moisturizer and a silicone serum to prime. This liquid foundation is very thin, hard to blend, and will get sucked into dry skin quickly. The formula separates and the bottle needs to be shaken for a minute before dispensing. I normally use a Mac 130 to blend in small patches, but sometimes use a Mac 190 in a sweeping motion. Application seems cumbersome at times because it's not forgiving and needs to be applied with care. I cannot use fingers with this foundation, and I really like finger application.

Coverage: Light coverage, which is fine for me. I settled for Dior Nudeskin concealer in Ivory 001 to provide coverage over problem blemishes and the dark circles under my eyes. I need a heavier concealer for blemishes, but I had a hard time finding a good match. I sometimes set this with Chanel Poudre Universelle in Translucent 1. The dewy effect goes away, but the coverage lasts longer. I can go a whole work day and go out at night, but it doesn't look nearly as good as a fresh application. I think 8 hours is a reasonable maximum time to expect this foundation to perform.

I will buy this again because it seems to be the best available for my skin color and type. Chanel had another foundation or two that I think I would like better, but they don't make them in a BR. I can't recall which they were. This foundation is not perfect; I'd prefer something creamier, that didn't separate, and wasn't so fussy in application. But, as I said, there is a definitely wow factor with this foundation. I really do love it.

on 12/22/2011 1:31:00 AM

I am always looking for a new foundation and have used many different ones in the past, from high end to drugstore. This is a wonderful foundation. It is so light and clean. I though it would not have enough coverage but it covers quite well if you have average skin with no major acne problems. It makes your skin look natural and flawless. You do need to dab on concealer for pimples or undereye darkness, but that is the case with most foundations if you really want to look flawless. It is the only foundation I can apply with my fingers and not use a sponge to blend (although I always use a sponge after applying with fingers to any foundation that I use) I don't like to use the same foundation everyday so I switch between this and Lancome Teint Miracle, which is my other favorite right now.

on 12/21/2011 2:34:00 PM

i used this foundation for about two weeks. the color i used matched me perfectly i think it was b10. unfortunately, it dried me out. when i returned this and told the girl how it gave me dry patches she couldn't really wrap her head around it. she insisted that i didn't use moisturizer (false) and that it couldn't have dried me out because it has water in it.... well, it also has alcohol in it but i wasn't about to tell her that. i just explained that even thought i'm only 21 i have very dry skin. she was nice enough to give me samples of the regular vitalumiere in my shade. still didn't like that one. a lot of people say they didn't like the packaging but i didn't have a problem with it. it was a very small size for how much it cost though. which is why i'm almost relieved that i didn't like it because i would probably be shelling out 40 some dollars almost every month. i switched back to my laura mercier tm and i couldn't be happier with it. i'd suggest using that if vitalumiere aqua was drying on you also.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have started using this foundation not too long ago, and I must say I am impressed. I like the bottle and the shade B30 is PERFECT for me (NC30ish). The finish and look of this is sexy sexy skin!!! This will not provide a ton of coverage, but it just makes your skin look celeb beautiful. I'm still waiting to see how my skin reacts to it over time, but the only part im iffy about is the scent and what kind of ingredients are in it. I think the scent is nice, but it makes you wonder what the heck you are applying to your face! After all, Chanel does not specialize in skincare. They are a luxury brand and could sell battery acid in a fancy foundation bottle and people would still buy it. Will update a couple weeks from now. :-)

1 OZ! I dont understand why everyone thinks they are being ripped off.... read the packaging. It is 1 oz like every normal foundation.

on 12/15/2011 1:01:00 AM

This is a lovely foundation. It gives a beautiful natural finish, and makes my skin look flawless. Also, it has great coverage and blends well into my skin without looking cakey.
Its quite expensive for the plastic packaging, however the quality of the product itself is well worth it.

on 12/12/2011 3:07:00 AM

It really lives up to it's promise of being a second more beautiful skin. It looks flawless and blends effortlessly. It's definitely a sheer cover foundation so it's not meant to mask, just perfect. Feels soft, supple, and beautifully thin on skin. The only problems I had didn't have anything to do with the foundation itself, first of all I don't understand why it comes in a little plastic bottle when all the other Chanel foundations come beautifully packaged in glass, also it is very expensive for not a lot of product. That aside this foundation is by far the best I've ever used.