October 25, 2014 | 1684 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by buggie32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really wanted to love this product after hearing and reading so many great reviews. I have pretty decent combo skin with very minor redness and no pimples. I usually wear a very light layer of TM or foundation. In theory, this product sounded like the perfect match for someone like me. Light to medium coverage and a very light watery texture. Unfortunately, it didnt work out for me. This product did not cover up the minor redness and it emphasized flaws on my skin instead. Somehow it didn't blend into my skin and settled into my pores and I could literally see each pore. It also had a really horrid flowery smell which I didn't like and the product felt so uncomfortable I literally wanted it off the moment I put it on my face. And worst of all, it dried out my skin around the nose/mouth area causing me to over produce oil and then subsequently break out. It wasn't until after doing some research that I found out this contains alcohol. I returned it within 5 days.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ciarat3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i first got this foundation about a 2 months ago at first i didnt see anything speical about it but after about 3 days i was in love i paid 38 euro .it was my first chanel foundation and i am so excited to try more .i use my hands to apply it which i find works best .i love the packaging its so travel friendly .i have dry/normal skin i mostly get dry patchs around my nose which i do find this foundation catchs in but not enough that i wouldnt wear it .it lasts around 8 hours still loooking nice

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMyWorld21

This, is the beat foundation I've used. I LOVED my Laura Mercier Silk one, and thought nothing could beat that. But this foundation did. Its a little pricy but totally worth it. Rapid and easy application.Its soft and evanescent ultra-fine fluid texture is a real surprise. Although it is exceptionally delicate and light, an incomparable “second-skin” perfecting result is achieved. The complexion appears amazingly even, fresh and energized. The skin glows with seemingly nude beauty. As if glowing from within. Bathed in light…

Its formula, endowed with a UVB sun filter and mineral sunscreen, protects the skin from damaging sun rays (SPF 15). Its crystalline fragrance accentuates the sensation of freshness and pleasure on application. I LOVE This!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by iiheartshopping

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. I have combination skin and a few dark spots. This covers them nicely but still looks natural. It does not settle into pores either. I got color matched at a Chanel counter and my color (B50) is sooooo perfect. I do still get a little oily in my T-zone, so I just set with a little powder. If i had to pick one foundation for the rest of my life, it would be this one!!!! Its expensive but soooo worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by makeupmakesmehappy

I bought this yesterday and I am overwhelmed with the results already! My skin is combination so I have both oily and dry parts. When I wore it yesterday for the first time I could not believe how it "neutralised" my skin: it left it hydrated but not oily. Perfect! My partner commented on how "glowy" my skin was. I am quite pale (almost like a translucent complexion which I find difficult to match with products), and the shade just melted into my colouring (I bought the colour Biege Pastel). I could not detect the product at all, yet I felt my skin was so much more even. I would describe it as a product for someone who wants to look like themselves, only better! That's how I felt. Over the years I've moved away from heavy coverage into embracing what I actually have and allowing my skin to show through. Yes, it is pricey, so if you are concerned about whether it is right, do try a test pot first to make sure it's not going to leave you disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I read some reviews and was very curious about it. I tried this product on left half of my face. I did some errands and went to home after 3 hours. It disappeared from my skin just after 3 HOURS! Gone gone far away gone:) I took a close look as much as possible under the day light but there was no evidence of Vitalumiere Aqua. My left side was exactly the same with my right side. This such an over hyped product. Test it before buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by rachelina

This is hands-down the best foundation I've used. It's good on my dry skin, but it doesn't have that horrible "dewy" (aka greasy) finish a lot of dry skin foundations seem to have. It doesn't look like I have makeup on. Also, it sets really quickly and doesn't need powder.

The only weird thing I've noticed is the color selection. I don't know if this is a common thing with high-end makeup, but they only make Chanel foundation for white people. It seems kind of racist, and this would definitely offend me if I had darker skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by summerlovingbumming

I've never owned foundation before, but if I had to imagine what I would like a foundation to be, this would be it. Not heavy coverage, doesn't really look like you're wearing anything, but a really natural and beautiful matte finish that I don't even need to powder over; I do just in the T-zone as a preventative measure. I don't find it makes my skin oilier than my skin would have been otherwise, and good to take pictures with.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by brittney93

This is an OK foundation. It has nice coverage.. not enough to cover all my acne scarring, but it does cover a lot. It has a dewey finish but after about 4 hours starts to look greasy and I usually dont have any problems with oil but when i wear this i do need to re-powder throughout the day. Overall decent foundation, but not work the $45.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Mariela834

I love this foundation, although i don`t like so water in him ;)
it`s light coverage and i think it`s good on my skin
i would like more colors,i`m B10 and sometimes it seems darker on face comparing to neck ,will see in future what i really think about VLA :) so far so good!