September 20, 2014 | 1200 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by summerlovingbumming

I've never owned foundation before, but if I had to imagine what I would like a foundation to be, this would be it. Not heavy coverage, doesn't really look like you're wearing anything, but a really natural and beautiful matte finish that I don't even need to powder over; I do just in the T-zone as a preventative measure. I don't find it makes my skin oilier than my skin would have been otherwise, and good to take pictures with.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by brittney93

This is an OK foundation. It has nice coverage.. not enough to cover all my acne scarring, but it does cover a lot. It has a dewey finish but after about 4 hours starts to look greasy and I usually dont have any problems with oil but when i wear this i do need to re-powder throughout the day. Overall decent foundation, but not work the $45.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Mariela834

I love this foundation, although i don`t like so water in him ;)
it`s light coverage and i think it`s good on my skin
i would like more colors,i`m B10 and sometimes it seems darker on face comparing to neck ,will see in future what i really think about VLA :) so far so good!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2011 7:12:00 AM More reviews by jackplusfour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this foundation, because the colour match was THE BEST I have ever had. I can wear both nw25 and nc25 and this in B40 Beige matched seamlessly with my neck. I loved how it applied too. However, for me, it has slightly too little coverage, and although the glow was beautiful to start with, after 2 hours, I just looked like a face painted with oil, and I usually only get a slightly oily t-zone at the end of the day. Adding any powder over this caused it to look very cakey around and over my nose. Not for me I am afraid.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by drewthomsen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good foundation. It almost pains me to say that because I have acne scarring and always choose full coverage foundations, but I use this one very often just because it is easy to apply and wears well. The coverage is lighter than I usually choose, but because of that you get a more natural look with a flawless finish. It doesn't transfer onto things (like your hand, phone, shirt) like some other foundations might. Also I find the B20 shade matches my fall skintone perfectly. I bought it at the beginning of summer, and it matched perfectly then, but by midsummer it was too pale and looked bizarre. Now it's back to matching. Really great option for girls who like a lighter coverage like a tinted moisturizer, but something a bit more substantial.

Be warned though...if you use too much of this it will start to look very bizarre and paint-like. Use sparingly and remember to shake well.

If you want something comparable, the Lancome Tient Idole gives a similar look and wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Kellyg84

I love this foundation, gives a medium coverage but looks like your skin, only better! I have sensitive skin and it doesn't cause any breakouts and I also find it quite calming on any redness.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by jillann2005

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Disappointed. I had high hopes on this foundation. I hated the way it looked on my skin. My friends agreed. Not a pretty finish at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by MrsJAR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very oily skin first of all. But, I prefer a light to medium finish foundation. I do not like to look like I have on makeup but I need to be evened out with foundation. This foundation is perfect. When you are putting it on you think it's going to be a lighter coverage from the way it feels. But, it truly does have a good medium coverage to it. I am around NC 20/25 right now & I wear B20. When I was around NC15/10 I wore B10 but the shades are very forgiving. I really can't say enough about this foundation. Of course, being as oily as I am I still have to powder or blot but I have found that I do not like the look of foundations that are supposed to control oil.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Ix3Chewie

I love this foundation. I've tried a lot of foundation and nothing compares to this foundation. It's blend-able and applies nicely to the skin. It doesn't make me oil up like other foundation and a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by feiste

I have this foundation in BO20. It isn't a perfect match for my skin but it was the closest in the very limited range of shades that Vitalumiere Aqua.

I was seduced into buying Vitalumiere Aqua by the fresh glowing skin that the model had in the ad posters when it first launched. It looked so natural and beautiful. Plus I have relatively good skin that's combination in nature and I wanted something that had light coverage as anything heavy makes me feel like I'm wearing a mask.

I loved the way this foundation blended into my skin. I like to use my fingers first because the warmth literally makes it melt into your complexion; it's also easier to cover the hard-to-reach places like at the edges of your nose. I then swirl a (clean) foundation brush over my face to buff the foundation in and top it off with Chanel's translucent loose powder.

It looks a bit unnatural at first but within the hour, it looks beautifully dewy and touchable. Don't expect it to cover spots or other facial imperfections though; it is light coverage after all.

Here's the thing about Vitalumiere Aqua though. Don't use it if you live anywhere humid and don't use it if you don't have dry skin. If you live somewhere humid and you don't have dry skin, that's just a recipe for disaster.

The thing that absolutely killed this foundation for me is that after wearing it for a few hours, it starts to ball up on me and it looks like my face is sliding off. They claim that there is some plasma thingy going on with this foundation and I truly believe them because my face looks like a melted plasma screen. Not a good look unless it's Halloween. To remedy this, I've tried blotting continuously and I've plastered as much loose power on as I can but to no avail.

Therefore, I am never repurchasing and will keep a healthy distance from Vitalumiere Aqua. It could be a nice foundation for someone else though.