Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have started using this foundation not too long ago, and I must say I am impressed. I like the bottle and the shade B30 is PERFECT for me (NC30ish). The finish and look of this is sexy sexy skin!!! This will not provide a ton of coverage, but it just makes your skin look celeb beautiful. I'm still waiting to see how my skin reacts to it over time, but the only part im iffy about is the scent and what kind of ingredients are in it. I think the scent is nice, but it makes you wonder what the heck you are applying to your face! After all, Chanel does not specialize in skincare. They are a luxury brand and could sell battery acid in a fancy foundation bottle and people would still buy it. Will update a couple weeks from now. :-)

1 OZ! I dont understand why everyone thinks they are being ripped off.... read the packaging. It is 1 oz like every normal foundation.

on 12/15/2011 1:01:00 AM

This is a lovely foundation. It gives a beautiful natural finish, and makes my skin look flawless. Also, it has great coverage and blends well into my skin without looking cakey.
Its quite expensive for the plastic packaging, however the quality of the product itself is well worth it.

on 12/12/2011 3:07:00 AM

It really lives up to it's promise of being a second more beautiful skin. It looks flawless and blends effortlessly. It's definitely a sheer cover foundation so it's not meant to mask, just perfect. Feels soft, supple, and beautifully thin on skin. The only problems I had didn't have anything to do with the foundation itself, first of all I don't understand why it comes in a little plastic bottle when all the other Chanel foundations come beautifully packaged in glass, also it is very expensive for not a lot of product. That aside this foundation is by far the best I've ever used.

on 12/12/2011 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This just broke me out like crazy. I was using it on and off for about 2 weeks, and all of the sudden my normally spot free face is totally broken out. I am so unhappy, I'll stick with Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer I suppose....all of the nasty parabens and denatured alcohol...I should have known better!!

On the other hand it did look really beautiful on my skin, before the spots...

on 12/9/2011 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have found love. This is by far the best foundation I've ever used.
For being billed as a light-to-medium coverage foundation I'm actually very pleased with the coverage. It gives me solid medium coverage and coupled with my Laura Mercier mineral powder it gives me a lovely naturally polished and flawless look.
It feels weightless on my skin and hasn't dried or broken my skin out.
It's staying power is wonderful, it lasts me a whole work day without touching up.
It is lightly scented but I absolutely love the smell of it.
Although I see some ladies don't particularly care for the packaging or the fact that you have to shake it a fair bit before use I'm not bothered by either. My only concern was how tiny the bottle looked at first glance but it is the standard 1 fl. oz.
I'm head over heels in love with this product and will for sure repurchase though I may consider switching from B10 to BR10.

on 12/8/2011 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using this foundation for about a month and a half. I have combination skin and wear color BR10. I purchased this after trying Mac Matchmaster (1.5, which is not a color match to this, BR10 is more pink), which broke me out. No breakouts with the Chanel. I like how this applies as a liquid and dries to a powder. It smooths the color in my complexion beautifully. I like to apply it pretty light but it can be built up to a meduim coverage if you need it. This product is a bit drying, I must apply moisturizer before wearing it. It does not look nice over dry skin. I apply with my fingers. I get 6-8 hours of good wear.

I like how utilitarian the packaging is, it fits the needs of the product (squeeze bottle with shaker bead) but it is not as beautiful as I would like for a high end product. It's pretty plain. However, it travels great and makes it really easy to use the product.

This has a slight smell that is pleasant, it doesn't just smell like makeup, which is nice I guess. Not too strong. I like that is has some sunscreen, though I don't use very much so I am doubtful of the benefit.

Although pricey, I find this product really easy to use. I think it is a worthwhile investment. I will buy this again and I recommend it for others unless you have dry skin.

i would technically give this a 3.5, it was a good foundation just not good enough for the price tag. it didnt break me out which is a major plus, however its light coverage didnt really conceal many blemishes. additionally any dry patches looked 10x worse with this foundation and even though my skin isnt that oily this foundation would not last more than abut 4 hours. the packaging was convenient but looked a bit cheap. overall this wasnt terrible but not worth the money

on 11/24/2011 11:50:00 PM

I've tried most Chanel foundations - think my favourite in the past was Fluide Universel. I have also quite liked Shu Uemura face architect. Anyway - am currently happy with Vitalumiere Aqua! I tested it one lunchtime at a Chanel counter and forgot I had it on, then was pretty impressed with my complexion when I looked in the mirror that night. It evens things out and there is still some glow. I probably do need more coverage at times, so will probably have another foundation as back-up. This is great for everyday though, and no-one can see that you are wearing foundation at all. Agree with some of the others that the bottle takes away a bit of the luxury feel, but it is a good size. I suppose that the little bead that mixes things up would break a glass bottle, hence the plastic.

on 11/24/2011 1:38:00 AM

This foundation would be perfect if it did not cause me to break out! The coverage is excellent with just a thin layer. If you apply the foundation with your fingers you get a more natural finish. It has SPF, good easy to travel bottle and doesn't make me oily towards the end of the day. I really really hoped this foundation would work out for me because it just feels so natural on your skin. I have been wearing this for about a month, hoping that the breakouts would subside... I guess it was not meant to be!

on 11/21/2011 7:44:00 PM

I found out this foundation has parabens in it and some other cheap stuff that is not good for your skin and health. Paraben is a hormone and it can make your face hairy, affect your fertility and cause breast cancer, talc is a cheap filter that clogs pores and may cause lung cancer if inhaled, caprylyl glycol is a coconut acid that is used in MAC cosmetics and it gives big painful acne, fragrance irretates skin, oil...well, you know what it does to acne prone skin... It is just shocking how high end brands put all kinds of cheap poison in their makeup and give it a ridiculous price tag. I switched to organic makeup that has no oil, fragrance, talc, paraben and caprylyl glycol in it... good for my skin, the planet and my wallet (14 dollar powder from vitacost)!