October 25, 2014 | 839 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by muffingrl

Like a lot of other people, I first heard of this foundation from youtube's Emily Noel. Her claims on its flawless finish and longevity had me captivated and I couldn't wait to try it out. I picked up the shade in 103 True Ivory which is the second lightest shade (I am a MAC NC20-25). It is a pretty good match, I can probably go up a shade for the summer, but for now, it works just fine. I appreciate the simplicity of the packaging for travel and practicality but I think they should make a smaller spout for the foundation to come out. A light squeeze results in a massive explosion of foundation on my hand. Although this is more controlled than a glass bottled foundation with no pump, I still think the packaging a little finicky. The texture of the foundation is creamy but liquidy at the same time, very similar to the Revlon Colorstay (without the awful paint smell). I apply this with a buffer brush and I get a medium-full coverage depending on how much foundation I use. The finish is not too matte, surprisingly natural for a long wearing foundation and not difficult to work with at all. I do set it with powder because of my oily skin and although I can't make any statements about its 25hour claims, I will say that it does last longer than an average foundation. I think the lasting power is definitely on-par with the Revlon ColorStay and it doesn't feel as heavy on the skin. I applied this foundation at 7am this morning, it is now 11:45 pm and I must say that my makeup still looks decent. And a HUGE plus is that it is very inexpensive so I will definitely repurchase.

EDIT: I've bumped this up to 5 lippies. I have used this foundation EVERY SINGLE DAY this week. This never happens to me, I have many, many foundations and I like to rotate them daily depending on how long I have to be out. This week was particularly hectic for me, so I knew I needed a longer lasting foundation to plough through the day. This foundation stayed on through 9 hour school days, stormy wind and rain, 8 hour shifts, and even a party. Now, I have had to smooth down oilier areas of my skin (my T-zone) by the 7-8th hour of wear, but that is perfectly fine with me. And I acquire a "radiant glow", according to my highly critical sister, after my powder melts in. Great foundation, this will be in my stash forever, I officially like this better than my MAC Prolongwear AND Revlon ColorStay. Ladies, go buy this now!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by aanner

great coverage, lasted at least 12 hours (that's how long i keep my makeup on) and i have very very oily skin. covered up all my acne and scars. the packaging lets you get every little bit of makeup possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by swtscents24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this foundation because for my dry combination skin, it gives me a nice , dewy finish on my cheeks which i LOVE. It goes on smoothly and blends very nicely. The coverage is pretty good, and it is thin so it does not feel like much is on your skin. I can layer it as a concealer without it looking cakey. Neutral undertones are a plus as well. I just wish it had SPF but otherwise I really like this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by sofia2723

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Coverage: Medium to full
Lasting Effect: 6 hours for me
Finish: Matte, natural

This product looks really natural.
My only con is that this product has so much coverage, that it kinda make my face looks flat.
This happens because my face basically only has one color, cause the foundation concealed everything.

This could easily be counteracted though with a blush and bronzer.

This product in no way shape or form stayed for 25 hours.
I would say this lasted maximum 6 hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by SabrinaWoods

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

An ok foundation, coverage isn't enough for me, good lasting power though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by wnkwnkndgndg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I saw this product on my sister's bathroom counter and thought it looked interesting since it claims to last 25 hours. Of course, I never keep my makeup on that long, but I am a working student so longwearing makeup that actually works is a pure God-send. This stuff lasts, especially when set with powder. It makes my skin look flawless -- The coverage is amazing.
Don't be turned off by the color selection... The color I was matched to looked darker than any foundation I have ever bought, but it worked perfect for me.
Highly Reccomend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by lychee28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product went on very smooth and made my skin look good.
It seemed to stay on while I was running around...

The packaging for Rimmel is HORRIBLE. It was hard to find one that was NOT touched or used! I wish they put a seal or something around the bottle.

The foundation is VERY runny! You have to be careful not to take too much. I've only opened the bottle twice and it looks like I've been using it like a squirt gun...I'm not BTW.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by theroseoncloud9

Its cheap, has ok lasting power. Its like a colorstay wannabe. Not many shades to select from. Also does this weird caking thing around my eyes. Will repurchase for the price though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by rach90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using a couple of times now. I usually use CS (combo/oily) I adore the lasting power. Nothing beats it, however I found it drying and I had to be careful with the lighting. This foundation is moisturising and glides over my flaws seamlessly. However I'm so so disappointed as it leaves a tacky and sticky feeling to my skin. My fringe clings to my forehead. I have to be very very light-handed with powdering as it can look cakey and budge the foundation. It looks nice in natural lighting, as I'm usually very self conscious about sunny days with CS.
I use the lightest shade 200, and even though slightly pinker than I'd like it to be, it's lovely. Don't think I'd repurchase.

Pro:
- Moisturising - non-drying
- Good in harsh lighting
- Good coverage

Cons:
- Sticky and tacky
- I can see my oily pores after 2 hours
- Breaks me out. Cysts on my chin. Annoying spots without a head.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this stuff on and off for a few years but I have to say that now it has reached Holy Grail status for I have yet to find something better. I'm a Nc20-25 and use Ivory which is a great match. This wears on me for 16 hrs or longer and is 7 bucks at the DS...the HE foundations I've tried don't hold a candle to this. This will get very cakey if you apply too much and you don't need to. If you use a dollop and blend well, I use my fingers, it will look like your skin but better. This holds up in heat and humidity but may need a touch of powder in high temps. This is a fabulous product and if Revlon CS doesn't work for you, try this. It's cheap and amazing.