Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Liquid Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 4/25/2011 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was really impressed with this foundation. I wanted full coverage without a matte finish and this delivered.

I am around an NC20-30, depending on the season. My face is usually lighter than my chest, however, so I wanted something that would be a bit darker than my actual face at the moment. I got 200 Soft beige and I love the coloring on me. I'm yellow-undertones also.

This delivered full coverage on me, better than ELDW or Revlon Colorstay, IMO. The finish is pretty dewy/natural depending on how it's applied and if I set it with powder or not. It's NOT matte. I wouldn't recommend this for oily girls, seeing as I have dry skin and it can get a little oily on me after a full days wear.
I have sensitive and am acne prone and this didn't break me out (yay)

It holds up great though, not sure about 25 hours, but I go a full day of school and work with this stuff.

The color range sucks, but luckily I found one that works for me. At around six bucks(I got it at Target) you are getting great packaging, a nice finish and great coverage. I will repurchase.

on 4/25/2011 12:50:00 PM

First of all, their shade selection is extremely limited. According to the Rimmel website, there ar 11 shades but I have never seen more than 4 shades for sale anywhere that Rimmel is sold. I think that I used this foundation years ago-- it was called Lasting Finish 24-hr Foundation back then if I'm not mistaken. I don't recall thinking that the formula was fabulous but I did like it back then.

I purchased Ivory which wasn't at all Ivory-- more of a peachy light tan color. I have combo skin leaning towards normal but this foundation seemed to oxidize and break down pretty soon after application as if I had oily skin. It also felt mask-like on my face. Not a fan. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

basically im 14 so im going through that crappy teenage skin stage, before i tried rimmels foundation i was using dream sattin liquid, it seeed really good untill i tried rimmel. i purchased rimmel roundation a couple of days ago in colour ivory it isn orange and its a very good match for my skin tone, i have oily skin and i have to use powder on my nose through out the day normally, i have blemmishs and scars, and under eye circles, but this foundation i dont have to use a concealer, i just use the foundation and it covers very well, it goes on nicely and sets well with abit of powder, i would say it lasts a while but it doesnt look nice through out the day where i frown or screw up my face i find i get crease lines on my nose around my mouth and on my forhead which isn attractive atall also it highlights my pores, but i use bio oil on face norammly, and it goes on better if you use a mositeizer and dont rub the moisterizer in poperly so it mixs with the moisterizer that ill also make it sit better on your face. but i think its just the way i apply it, i may use to much, so i need to find a different way of applying it. but over all its a good foundation for its price.

on 4/23/2011 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Rimmel makes some of the best foundation. This foundation is a primer +foundation combine in one. Therefore, it suppose to last quite long and it does. I don't know if it lasts 25 hours but it is the longest foundation that stayed on my skin. So kudos for that.

The only downfall and the main reason why this ain't my hg is because the shades are quite orange. If i wanted to look like snooki i would use this but i don't. so sadly, this isn't my favorite foundation yet.

on 4/21/2011 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this dirt cheap - it was on sale - and that was probably the only reason I bought it. (That, and the fact that I have a foundation obsession.) So I was pleasantly surprised when I applied this product to my face the next morning.

The packaging in the UK is much nicer, I find, than the US version - it comes in a glass bottle with a pump dispenser. This gives easy control to the amount of product you want. A little goes a long way.

The foundation is perfect colour match - although, alas, I went on holiday and got a major tan! - but it applies quite heavily. It doesn't bother me much because I don't get many blemishes, but the acne-prone may want to avoid this foundation. However, the heavy liquid gives it sticking power without being sticky, and you don't really notice the foundation after 5 minutes.

Despite the heaviness, the foundation settles smoothly onto your skin and it looked lovely, flawless and natural on my skin. It even covered over my under-eye circles, a small scar and some blemishes without the usual use of my concealer. I usually set my foundations with my L'Oreal True Match powder, but I find that this foundation gives a fresh, dewy look if I don't. Which is really pretty for spring and summer time!

So does it live up to its name? I would definitely say that this lasted for a very long time - and, as it promised on the label, it didn't transfer onto my clothes. It didn't cake or slide off my face when my skin became a little oily during a particularly hot day. It's my new favourite foundation - but I don't think it's for everyone, especially not for acne-prone skin types.

on 4/21/2011 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this because summer is coming soon and wanted a longer lasting foundation than my Graftobian cream (which looks great but is not very sweat/heat/water, resistant). I read the raves and thought for the price it would be worth it to try. I like it but don't love it. Its not a bad run errands, don't want to use up the good stuff foundation, but at this point by no means HG. It looks natural enough on my very dry but for a very oily t-zone, and the color while more neutral toned (which to me means more pink than yellow), is an okay enough match. I guess that's really how I feel in general, its just okay. However, I am planning to give this another go this week with a different sunscreen underneath and who knows, may love it then. I will say it stayed on till I washed my face so if you find a good match in color you might be quite pleased.

on 4/21/2011 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've recently been experimenting with a few drugstore foundations, and this is the one that really made me glad I did!

The product applies and blends easily with fingers and/or brush, and leaves a fantastic natural satin finish that lasts and lasts. The coverage starts at light/medium and is easily buildable without losing that healthy glowing look.

The oil control is good (not perfect but better than average), but most importantly for my dry skin it didn't flake at all! In terms of the consistency I'd say the closest comparison I could give would be MUFE HD, however I found that this foundation is less drying and lasts better.

The colour range seemed reasonable and I easily found a match for my light, warm-toned skin (Soft Beige).
Also, the packing is good quality with a lovely hygienic pump - perfect!

Although I don't regret the money I've spent on my ever-expanding collection of HE foundations (they each have their own benefits), this is the best all-rounder for my sensitive combination skin. I highly reccommend it, even if drugstore foundation doesn't usually work for you!

I love this foundation! this is absolutely my HG! Loveeee It! i have really dry skin and it doesn't stick to them! My foundation hunt is over!:) Thanks, Rimmel!:)

on 4/17/2011 3:47:00 AM

I loove this foundation! I have combination/normal skin, which rarely tends to get oily or dry (Im lucky) The texture on this foundation is really nice, creamy, and easy to blend with fingers or a brush. I have medium beige skin tone with warm undertones and the color 200 soft beige matches me perfectly. It doesn't have a lot of color selections so that would be sort of a hassle of you have really light or dark skin. It doesn't oxidize on me and gives a hydrated and satin finish to the skin. Not too matte or dewy which I love! It does literally stay on all day, or for me about 13 hours. I have school and basketball practice afterwards so I move around alot, but this foundation stays on perfectly until the end of the day. Without a doubt its comparable to Revlon Colorstay but its easier to blend, doesn't smell weird and its in a squeeze tube so you don't waste product. Would definitely recommend (:

on 4/14/2011 2:35:00 PM

Ok, after reading reviews on MUA and finding this foundation on Sale at Shoppers i decided to give it a try. I bought 202 Nude and am usually a MAC NC30 or MUFE 120.
I first tried it yesterday without any primer using a stipple brush. Coverage was really good. After 2 hours on my way out, i looked in my rearview mirror and it oxidized. I was orange! Just call me Snooki! I ran back into the house to wash it off.. It really does stay put as I literally had to scrub to get it all off.
Today I have tried it using primer and with my fingers. I found when I used it with my fingers, coverage wasn't as full, more like a light coverage. Good news was that it is now 4.5 hours later and I am not yet Orange! BUT, it does look a bit streaky where my nose is and under my eyes, it looks a bit cakey.. I gave this 3 lippies because of the staying power without primer, the cost and coverage. Two lippies were taken off because of the oxidation without primer and streaking with primer. Tomorrow I will try to re-apply this with a stipple brush and primer and see how the coverage is and if it lasts.
UPDATE: my foundation oxidized after about 6 hours and then it became streaky! I looked like a Snooki zebra. I am returning this foundation tomorrow!

Video Reviews & Tutorials